New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

MonkGuy

Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

One of the foxmen walks over to the gnome as soon as he see him gnaw on the meat.

Foxman "No I do not speak or understand your common tongue. But the treat will allow us to talk for a while. I'm Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion, Captain of the FarFisher, pack leader and adventurer extraordinaire. Welcome on board. Are you hurt? You have any needs?"
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-10-15 at 09:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wizwell seemed quite pleased. "No, no," he said with enthusiasm. "I'm quite alright, actually! Happy to be off that piece of driftwood, actually." He smiled broadly and ambled around. "So, a town you say? I hope it's one with a proper marketplace and all! Sounds very exciting." He laughed a couple of times.

3. - Top - End - #93

AssassinGuy

Garrick gave the Gnome a nod when he introduced himself and replied "Names Garrick, I'm a mercenary."

Spoiler
    Show
    By the way Bryn, are you going to add a colour to your character's speech?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

MonkGuy

The skiff move on along the cylinder river, slowly getting close to another cylinder river until the two rivers touch and flow together. As the two rivers flow together, the current becomes very calm. The raki crew get out paddles and attach them to the long wooden poles, and just about effortlessly slide the skiff over to the other river.

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion"This puts us on the River Dynjandi that will take us to the Vesturhópsvatn Rockaroid where Virkung is. We should be there in just a little while."

The River Dynjandi is another huge cylinder of blue water, except this one goes steeply at an angle, giving you the feeling of 'falling'.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

MonkGuy

Within the hour River Dynjandi twists in space towards a large rockroid that is almost completely covered by bright white clouds. As the cylinder of water passes through a ring of small floating rocks and flattens into more of a wave-like river and the river changes in color from blue to white.

The wave river flows through the bright white clouds and the temperature drops a lot, to below freezing. The wave river flows down into some high jagged mountains, down a slope, and eventually flows onto the rocky ground as a wide, slow, shallow river. The land on both sides of the river is rocky, barren and snow covered. It is well below freezing.

The raki crew again get out the poles and move the skiff along.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Bly Shakes the strange gnomes hand My name is Bly welcome.
    ----
    As the crew moves the raft along Bly calls Crist over.
    "Since were almost to the city I have question. What is in those crates."
    He points to the large crates in the middle of the boat.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Banned

MonkGuy

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion Looks over at Bly"Oysters! Each containing a pearl of distilled inspiration. It is what we were fishing for back there. They are not so much use in their raw form, but they can be used to make greater magics."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

MonkGuy

As the skiff moves down the river the land on both sides changes from a wasteland, to a forest. Of massive, giant pine trees. Most of the pine trees are around one hundred feet tall. And each of the trees have a massive root system of long tangled roots, that stretch out to form a 'forest' of roots.

The air is icy cold, and it starts to snow slightly.

Then just an half hour later, the skiff pulls along side a wooden dock. You suddenly realize your in civilization. Though everything is built right into the massive pine forest. Houses, shops and such are 'grown' right into and out of the trees. The streets are flat branches and roots. Massive leaves form canopies.

A group of large shaggy furred ox-like men wait on the dock. Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion quickly leaps off the skiff and tells them the story of ''finding lost people while he was fishing''.

9. - Top - End - #99

AssassinGuy

As the skiff entered the forest Garrick looked up in awe at the massive trees and their roots, while he is looking up at the trees an ice-cold wind hits him and he starts shivering so he took the hooded poncho from his bag and put it on to help protect him from the cold.

When they reached the wooden dock Garrick was confused, thinking they were in the middle of no-where, he looked around to see a city build into the trees as the Captain talked to the ox-men.

10. - Top - End - #100

Lizardfolk

Bly looks at the the trees remembering one of his care takers stories how certain wild elves would live. Building and growing houses in magically grown trees of incredible size.
    As the crew ties the boat to the dock Bly hops off the boat and looks around admiring the ingenuity of Crist's people.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Banned

MonkGuy

The raki crew tie the skiff to the wooden dock and put away all the gear.

Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion turns back to you "This is it. Virkung. Amalaswentha lives just north of here, you simply can not miss her blue tree. It is the only blue tree after all.

I must see to selling off our catch and other duties."

Each raki takes a crate from the middle of the skiff, though with one crate per raki, that does leave one crate in the front of the ship. None of the raki react to this.

12. - Top - End - #102

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded to Cristo and said "Okay, thanks for the help." He then walked off the skiff and followed the path that led north.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

MonkGuy

Lots of different races can be found in the city streets. You see no humans or elves, however. And they all seem to be ''mammal-like races''.

The town is bewilderingly three dimensional. With places down on the roots, around each trunk, and on the branches of each giant pine tree.

14. - Top - End - #104

Lizardfolk

BLy follows along with the half orc looking around at the various tree dwelling and shops.
    (You're looking like a tourist stop gawking at it all).
    (But I can't. What a interesting place its like nothing I've read about in the collage! How are you not suppose to gawk?)
    (Try)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Banned

MonkGuy

The road north is dirt packed, on a 'bridge' of intertwined roots. You find it odd that Cristóbalelías Fur de Adoracion even used the word 'north', as your not even on a planet with a sun. Here, like in space, the light seems to come from no where. It is a bright as a cloudy day, as the clouds are always thick in the sky.

It is easy to spot the blue tree, even from a distance. It is bright blue and a good 200 feet tall, making it one of the tallest tree/buildings in town.

16. - Top - End - #106

AssassinGuy

Seeing all the strange races, Garrick was a little confused but realised when Cristo called him an "Ape-ling" he meant an actual ape-person instead of some kind of slang for Human. After a few minutes of being lost in the maze-like streets Garrick finally saw the blue tree and stood there for a moment to mentally map out a path before continuing onward.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

MonkGuy

The dirt and root road leads to the middle trunk of the blue tree trunk. A large rounded shape grows out to the middle of the tree trunk with several glassless windows and an open doorway. Inside the doorway is a room that looks like a small shop. Wooden shelf's grow out of the trunk with all sorts of small items. Four bright white furred ape-like females move about the shop. One of them comes over "Welcome, how may I help you?"

18. - Top - End - #108

AssassinGuy

As Garrick walked into the shop he removed the hood covering his face, he took a look at the items on sale and when the woman came over to him he answered "Hello, we are here to meet Amalaswentha, Captain Cristóbalelías recommended her to us."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

MonkGuy

The white furred ape-like women look at each other, but don't say anything. The one closest just nods "Of course" she points to a white door "She awaits uptree. Take the white door and good up the stairs. Remember that your third eye and ear see and hear much more then both the other two. "

20. - Top - End - #110

AssassinGuy

Garrick looked from the ape-woman to the door, he then looked back to the ape-woman and replied, "Okay, I'll keep that in mind." He then went through the door into the next room and up the stairs while pondering the meaning of the ape-woman's advice.
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-10-25 at 11:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned

MonkGuy

AS you open the door you feel a sharp blast of cold, it is very much below freezing in the next room. The room is quite dark, lit only by a couple globes of light that float around at random. A large winding staircase, made out of ice, whirls it's way upward into the darkness.

Check
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who wishes to attempt to climb the icy stairs needs to make an Acrobatics check and move at half speed.

22. - Top - End - #112

AssassinGuy

Garrick grunted as the icy blast of cold hit him, he help his poncho tighter as he walked in and examined the room, seeing the staircase made out of ice he got a bad feeling about it but still attempted to walk up the slippery stairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics check: (1d20-2)[18]
    Edit: Natural 20, thank you dice gods
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-10-27 at 03:31 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Lizardfolk

Bly Shivered in the cold. He was not accustomed to temperatures like this.
    "Why in the world is it so cold?"
    He started walking up the Icy stairs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry I was unaware how much time had passed between my posts.
    Acrobatics:(1d20+1)[12]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Banned

MonkGuy

Both Garrick and Bly climb the icy ice staircase, moving at half speed. But after just the first couple of steps, Bly looses his footing and slides off the staircase. It is a rather gentile fall of only about seven feet. Bly is completely unhurt, other then his pride. Garrick is able to make it his full 15 feet up the staircase.

The icy ice staircase leads at least a good 200 more feet up into the cold shadowy darkness.....
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-10-27 at 11:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

AssassinGuy

After Bly had fallen Garrick looked down and figured he was fine so he continued up the stairs, the darkness didn't worry him as he could see clearly in it for about sixty feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should I make another check or will my first one be used for the entire staircase?
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-10-28 at 12:09 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

MonkGuy

Walking up the Icy Ice Stairs
    Spoiler
    Show
    A successful Acrobatics check allows a character to move at half their movement rate without slipping and falling. For a movement rate of 30 feet, that is 15 feet. As the staircase is 200 feet, that will be a total of 14 times.
    Last edited by jedipotter; 2013-10-28 at 02:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

AssassinGuy

Garrick continued up the stairs only to slip and fall with a loud thud, he got up with a groan and decided to look around the room for something that could help.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check (1d20+4)[20] +2 if the light level is dim.

28. - Top - End - #118

Lizardfolk

Bly looks up seeing Garrick walk up the stairs without him.
    "Hey throw a rope or something to help me!"
    Bly tries climbing the stairs again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Acrobatics (1d20+1)[15]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Banned

MonkGuy

Walking slowly, Bly is able to move at half speed up the icy ice stairs, getting a full 15 feet up the 200 foot high staircase in one round.

Walking up the Icy Ice Stairs
    Spoiler
    Show
    A successful Acrobatics check allows a character to move at half their movement rate without slipping and falling. For a movement rate of 30 feet, that is 15 feet. As the staircase is 200 feet, that will be a total of 14 times.

Garrick
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even as you can see in the darkness, there is not much to see. The room looks empty other then the icy ice staircase, the dozen or so floating lights, and the bare wooden walls on the room. In fact the walls of the room are the rough sides like a living tree trunk.

30. - Top - End - #120

AssassinGuy

Seeing nothing that could be used to help, Garrick opened the door and went back in the other room, should everything be the same in there Garrick would ask "My boots are unsuitable for the ice stairs, do you have another way up or know where I can get some proper footwear for icy terrain?"