New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

Garrick listened and replied "I see, what sort of help would you need to research the Silver Void?"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Banned

MonkGuy

Amalaswentha "I need no help from the likes of you" she says as she looks a Garick. "Your no sage, or scholar or diviner?

And what exactly do you want to know?

3. - Top - End - #153

AssassinGuy

Garrick shrugged and said "I was just asking in-case you needed someone to go somewhere dangerous and retrieve something needed for your research, and what I want to know is what caused the No Place to do what it did, but since you don't know I only have one more question, do you know anyone that's currently hiring mercenaries or anyone who would know who is currently hiring mercenaries?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

MonkGuy

Amalaswentha "Mercenaries? My, my you are fresh are you not?

You are from a Prime world called Aldebent, yes? And you were trans located here against your will? Why not simply go back to your world? To open a gate to the Prime is easy enough. Though I will admit that I have never heard of your world. But there are so many worlds, I doubt anyone less then a Power knows them all. Still finding your world while difficult, will not be impossible. I could do that, for a task"

5. - Top - End - #155

AssassinGuy

Garrick thought for a moment and answered "I'm not sure Aldebent can still support life, I saw land being destroyed and I've seen other people here in this plane, perhaps there is no one left there, if so then it would be boring to live there again. I'm thinking it might be better to go somewhere else, any recommendations?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir awkwardly extends the right hand to Bly, trying to make it fit with Bly's left, then switching to the right. "Greetings Bly! Glad to hear other having the same misfortune as myself... Ehrm.. No, not that I want misfortune on others! Just that I'm not alone. Though yeah, I was out hunting not 5 minutes ago," he stutters.

Upon hearing Garrick refusing a ticket home, Geir speaks up "Aldebent seemed fine to me, and it would seem like you've been here longer than me. Your and my world is still intact Garrick, and great mistress Amalaswentha I'd be very interested in a task that would take me home. Geir experienced doubt, maybe he wasn't really the adventurous type after all?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

MonkGuy

Amalaswentha "Life here on Ysgard is a grand adventure. But it may not be for you.

My bond-sister is always looking for newly thawed ones like yourself. She always has tasks that need to be done for those that have none

Or I could attempt to find your world and send you back where you belong."

8. - Top - End - #158

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded and asked, "Who is your bond-sister? And what sort of tasks does she usually need to be done?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

MonkGuy

Amalaswentha "My bond-sister is Evasverdkvinne. I can summon her. I know she is looking for fresh thaws. It has been a bit fridged of late."

Amalaswentha waves her hands around and spellcasts. Then a couple minutes later an image of a person with the upper body (arms, torso and head) of a human female in form fitting plate armor and the lower body of a white scaled serpent appears.

Evasverdkvinne Image "Speak! Who wishes to offer their service to me?"

10. - Top - End - #160

AssassinGuy

Garrick looked to the image of Evasverdkvinne and answered "I am Garrick, a mercenary from a prime world and I am interested in working for you, your bond-sister said that you always tasks that need to be done, I would like to know what kind of tasks they are and what you are offering in payment."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Banned

MonkGuy

Evasverdkvinne "Ah. There are those with out honor or courage or fortitude or wits or common sight. They are not heroes, warriors or wizards born. They are just sad shades of true life. Yet they don't kill themselves and keep right on going. And like everyone, they need things. But they lack the skill, power, wits or intelligence to do anything for themselves. So they ask me to do it. But there is a great much to do and I can not do it all. So I offer my extra work to thaws like you. With maybe the slight hope that the nut that is you, might some day become a mighty tree. It does not happen often.

The task I have right now is:steal a dragon egg"

12. - Top - End - #162

AssassinGuy

Garrick thought for a moment then asked "Who would I be stealing the egg from? A dragon or someone who has stolen an egg from a dragon?"
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-11-06 at 12:16 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir was stunned by the whole spectacle, the casual way Garrick handled the situation, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. The tall ranger told himself to stay collected, isn't this what he had wanted for the last couple of years? An adventure? And was he the guy to retreat when fate gave him an adventure? He shook his head, made eye contact with the Lizardmaid-creature who called herself Evasverdkvinne and said "You presume right, we're the nuts you're looking for," and though the words sounded more clever in his head than out loud, he looked at Garrick and Bly, hoping they would take him in. While an adventure in itself is exiting, every great hero had companions.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

MonkGuy

Evasverdkvinne"The eggs are currently in the possession of their father, the great red wyrm Eyjjafjallajökull. As far as I know. But many seek the eggs. It might be possible another has succeeded in getting one, and if so you could take theirs, I guess."

15. - Top - End - #165

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded and asked "I see, any idea how someone would escape after grabbing an egg? And do you know anyone else trying to steal one?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"NOPE!" Bly shouts. "I think you might have us confused with idiots! Let me a sure you were not. I've heard enough about dragons to know unless you are incredibly sneaky or foolish you DON'T mess with them. You MUST have something, anything that doesn't march us into the hungry jaws of death that you seem so eager to throw us in!?"
    Bly then turns to the other two. "Seriously!? A dragon. You two think we could steal from a Dragon and not wind up dead!? What do we have that-"
    Bly suddenly stops mid-sentence as the spirit speaks to him.
    {ENOUGH YOUV'E MADE YOUR POINT! Now try being a little more diplomatic.}
    "Sorry I lost my temper." He turns back to Evasverdkvinne. "What do you need done that won't get us horribly dead?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Banned

MonkGuy

Evasverdkvinne shrugs "Run quickly? I don't know of anyone personally out to steal an egg. But they must be out there. After all to steal an egg from a dragon would make wondrous feature. I'm sure countless heroes would want to try. And Eyjjafjallajökull is of course famous. Or infamous. Just a couple cycles ago he obliterated the Hommutterlort Rockroid, just to get a jeweled scepter."

Evasverdkvinne looks over at Bly with a smile "You fear death. How cute. You might make a good show for a children's play room to teach them what not to grow up to be.

Amalaswentha "Now, now sister, no need for that. They are Primers. You can't hold them to the values of honor, heroics, and splendor that we live by. Remember they like to live most of their lives doing nothing and being dull. After all, they are all adults and I'll bet none of them has even seen a dragon, let alone fought one. A task we both did as children."

Evasverdkvinne "Your right. I have a person, a theater director, who needs a bodyguard for his star. How about that?"

18. - Top - End - #168

AssassinGuy

Garrick had already decided to stop questioning the weirdness of this plane a while ago, so he simply said "I meant do you know about the layout of the dragon's nest? Are there any tunnels a thief would run through to escape the dragon?" After a second he added "Also, could you tell me a bit about who that star is and any potential threats against his or her life?"
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-11-06 at 08:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Banned

MonkGuy

Evasverdkvinne "It has been an age sense I went to the lair. He would have no doubt changed everything by now. Dragons are like that.

I don't have any details on the theater job. It is not really my thing. But if you go talk to Oriel Dosaldany, he can fill you in. He is at the Fire and Ice Theater.

20. - Top - End - #170

AssassinGuy

Garrick listened and thought, "Hmm, with no idea what the Dragon's lair is like it would be suicide to try and sneak in there and I can't count on someone capable of sneaking past a dragon to be caught by me." He then said, "The bodyguard job sounds more suitable for my skillset, where can I find the Fire and Ice Theater?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir, while not shy to the idea of heroics, pretty much loved being alive, and nodded in agreement as Garrick inquired about the bodyguard gig. "Indeed, I'd very much like to help with this. But hear this Evasverdkvinne, while I won't squander my potential on a task above my current abilties, I vow on my honour and on the green forests of Aldebent to one day return with a dragon egg."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Banned

MonkGuy

Evasverdkvinne "The Fire and Ice Theater is south of hear, right along South Road. It is a huge dome shape, made from several dozen trees growing together.

If you will be going for an egg....don't take too long or they will hatch."

23. - Top - End - #173

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded and replied "Alright, and how much are we going to get paid for guarding this star?"
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-11-07 at 10:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

MonkGuy

Evasverdkvinne "You can discuss payment with Teateredelmann. I'm just referring you to him. "

25. - Top - End - #175

AssassinGuy

"Okay, thanks for the help." Garrick then looked to Bly and Geir and asked, "Is there anything else either of you want to say or will we go now?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"A thousand things, but I guess I'm ready," Geir said and tried to put up a brave smile. "To the theatre of fire and ice!"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

MonkGuy

It is a short walk through town on the main road made of twisted roots and dirt. As you move 'south' the trees of the town get smaller. They are no longer several hundred foot high, but drop to only about one hundred feet. And they drop from some fifty feet around to only about ten.

Soon enough you see a large group of trees all growing together to make a large dome. And a sign shows a blue block of ice and a red flame, along with strange letters.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

As BLy walked along he was still troubled by what Eva-whatever-her-name had said: A childs play character, what not to be. The lady was absolutly mad. Taking on dragons as children. What were these people and what "Dragon" could be killed by children of a race? It made his chitin itch.
    "I guess that's the place. Lets get this over with."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Banned

MonkGuy

Even as you get close to the trees that make up The Fireand IceTheater, the two main doors set between two tree trunks open.

A large elephant-like humanoid covered in thick brown hair and bright white simple clothing waves at you. "Hail! I'm Teateredelmann! Evasverdkvinne just wind whispered me that you were on your way here. And here you are!"

30. - Top - End - #180

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded at the elephant-man and replied "I am Garrick, are you the theatre director?"