New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Planescape Pathfinder

While walking towards the theater, Geir inquires his newfound friends about where we are, what's happened and hopefully they get him somewhat up to speed. He also shares some about his past, that he is an archer and tries to keep the tone light, though Geir's morale is pretty low at this point.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Banned

MonkGuy

Teateredelmann "Aye! I be the theater director, for now. Blast my Curse! But, anyway, welcome to the Fire and Ice theater. You are all Primes, right? Just zorpped on in, right? All clueless and trunkless?"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Indeed you are right my good... man. We seek luck and prosperity, and we hear you are just the one to help us obtain just such things. I offer you my bow," Geir said, smiling. While the sight of Teaterledemann was a quite intimidating sight, his voice reminded him the people Geir met in his days as a blacksmith, a folky, jovial voice.
    Last edited by Ravitiate; 2013-11-11 at 03:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Banned

MonkGuy

Teateredelmann "A bow? A bow? By The High Ice! What good is a bow here in a theater? You want a good adventure, a quest! Not here at a theater helping me out. Or are you a bunch of weak, book nosed, cowardly types? You sure don't look all like it, but Primers are strange ducks. Why are you not out there? "

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrick had indeed explained what had happened to Geir as they walked to the theatre.

Garrick answered the director, "Because the other job offered to us had a great possibility of getting eaten by a powerful dragon, so who do you need protected? And how much are you willing to pay us?"
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-11-11 at 06:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir was slightly confused and at the same time extremely nervous. Might the elephantman think that they came as performers? He hoped not, for the last time Geir stood at the scene was a school performance, and a total catastrophe. He forgot his lines, stuttered and was about the worst feeling he'd ever had. Another reason he wanted to be a ranger, to stay away from people and whatever hell they decided was appropriate for a kid to do. "I'd might as well go fetch that dragon egg," he muttered under his breath, actually half serious.
    Last edited by Ravitiate; 2013-11-11 at 06:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Banned

MonkGuy

Teateredelmann "Eaten by a dragon? Like a kids first quest? Ah, I remember mine well. Just a couple years old, did not even have my tusks, and me and my companions went off to kill that white dragon that had destroyed the White Deer Bridge......Ah, Venstelloriticx, was his name. Oh, yes, that was a great adventure, and a good feature.

But, ah yes, business. I need my star protected. She got herself in trouble and now some folks want her dead. But she is my star, can't have her up and dying before the play runs it course. And pay? Why a standard feature per day. Good, yes?"

8. - Top - End - #188

AssassinGuy

Garrick started to wonder if dragons were weaker than the stories suggested but decided to do so later, he asked the director, "I see, who did she anger and what kind of attacks should we be expecting?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Banned

MonkGuy

Teateredelmann "So, is that payment good for you all? A good feature a day?

And, well, I don't have many details. See I don't get along well with her type. I'm kind two handfulls and a tusk. That is why I asked Evasverdkvinne in the first place, so they could talk woman to woman. I'm not good at soft stuff. But, you all look soft enough. After all you do soft, boring stuff on the Prime like everyday, right?

So, if your taking the job, you will need to talk to her. Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne is her name. Take that door over there, down the hall way to her door. You can't miss her door, it has her name on it and a big gold star."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Wait, wait.Teaterkljsdfh" Bly's tongue trips over the unfamiliar words before giving up. ""(Sigh) Every person I meet seems to get longer and more complicated. I'm calling you T-Man. A feature a day. Before we agree we need to know something. How are we sure were getting a good or bad feature or even a feature that's true?
    For all we know you could tell us a load of fairy tales or flat out lies. Besides that how much are different features worth? Is a tall tale from the material plane plane worth a night at a inn or is it useless? Is a personal tale of heroics worth more than gold? Is-"

{Your losing him wrap it up.}
    "Look lets settle this our feature for today is you explain everything about this places story economics and then we go gaurd Miss. Sore Name.
    Every day after that you give us a feature. Like normal is that exceptable?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

MonkGuy

Teateredelmann "I understand that our names might be long and unfamiliar to you. It is barely applicable to call someone by their short name, the first syllable or two of a name. It is the way that we teach children to say names. It is just a bit insulting for an adult to use the kid name for someone, but only a little. So you can call me Teater.

I'm not really sure what you mean by good or bad feature. It is all in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes. And why does it matter if a feature is true or not? Facts don't matter, the feature does.

You want your feature to be...um...what? What do you want explained? That does not sound like a feature.

And you can call her Sorebry."

12. - Top - End - #192

AssassinGuy

"I think he wants you to explain how much things would cost, like would a meal cost the same amount as a sword? I would like to know what kind of living expenses there are and how much food costs. Also, where can I find Oriel Dosaldany? Eva said he can help us with details."

13. - Top - End - #193

Lizardfolk

Bly sighs a bit annoyed that he had taken so long to ask these question.Especially when he could have asked Cristóbalelías or anybody really.
    "What I want to know is how do you deal with someone trying to use false information and how do you determine the quality or worth of a Feature?
    If you buy items and offer payment in information how do you make sure someone isn't just making up lies and passing it off as a legitimate feature?
    Also I suspect common information like the color of the sky or the name of a well known place is worth little here. So how do you determine the "worth" of a feature?"

Spoiler
    Show

I suspect it has something to do with those pens and books everybody writes in around here.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir leans over to Bly and whispers "From what you told me, we might have a lot of good features already, maybe we should ask for something more concrete, like some items or something?"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

MonkGuy

Teateredelmann "OK, ok I see now. Alright.

The value of a feature is set by three things. How rare or unknown a feature is to everyone. How interesting the feature is to others. And what the person hearing the feature thinks it is worth.

So something rare or unknown is worth a lot. If you know something that only you know it has value. We'd call that a great feature.

Now the more interesting a feature is, the more you can trade it. A boring feature has little value. And that least us too the last one.

What the feature is worth to the listener. This is really the beholder part. Different people value different things. And it is not like you'd know what some one likes most of the time. But you need to sort of guess. But it is a bit crude to ask, but alright to say what you'd like, but much better to guess.

So then you kinda put them all together. So you want to buy a meal. You can use low features for that, like common scroll knowledge. Like saying Teateredelmann runs the Fire and Ice theater could get you a bowl of soup, maybe once. But it's boring and not unique as everyone in town already knows that. But, the tale of the Three Cluelees Primals that came to me Today, would be worth a whole night of drinks. And no one but the four of us know the tale, so it is unique. But it is still not all that interesting, as we are just talking. And that is where interesting comes in. Folks rush about trying to have great experiences and adventures. They are interesting. The Tale of How I Got Cursed into being a Lame Theater Manager is a tale of excitement and tragedy. It is worth a lot. I've only told it a couple times.

Now if something is rare, interesting and the listener likes it....well, it does not matter if it true or not. If it is a good story or tale, then who cares about the truth. The Boy Who Cried Wolf might of never happened, but it is a good story that teaches a lesson. But, of course, everyone knows that one so it has no value. But if you were to make up just as good or better a tale it would have worth. After all, about half the people around here are bards or the like. But details matter. Unless you have fought a wyvern on a cliff over boiling lava, it can be kinda hard to describe. And folks that have done it can spot your false story, and canny folks can tell when the details are odd. So most folks just do it the easy way, and do things for real. But there are a handful of people that can spin amazing tales and never do anything....but they are rare.

Did I cover all your questions?"

16. - Top - End - #196

AssassinGuy

Garrick nodded in understanding and replied, "About features, yes, however you forgot to answer my question about the location of Oriel Dosaldany, Eva told us he knows a bit about the danger your star is in."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Banned

MonkGuy

Teateredelmann "Oriel Dosaldany? I don't know the name. Must be someone Evasverdkvinne knows, maybe someone Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne knows. I could try and find him for you."

18. - Top - End - #198

AssassinGuy

Garrick was a little surprised, "Huh, I assumed he was an employee here, guess I was wrong. If you could find him that would be helpful, now if there's nothing else anyone wants to say, we'll go to Sorebry and see what she knows."
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-11-14 at 11:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir nodded politly towards Teateredelmann and went with the rest of the party. The mention of food reminded him of how long he had gone without food, he had been hunting when the portal... or when... *sigh* he didn't really know what happened, and wasn't even sure if he was sad over it anymore. He was hungry though, he should prepare some mildly interesting thing to say in order to get some.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

MonkGuy

It is a short walk down the hall way to a door with a gold star on it...and the name Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne on the door
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like covering the whole door...dear gosh is that a long name
    Needless to say you don't miss the door.

A knock on the door gets you inside the room, a typical female dressing room full of clothing. Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne, human-like head arms and torso on a rainbow scaled snake like body rests in a chair.

"What can I do for you all?"

21. - Top - End - #201

AssassinGuy

Garrick walked inside the room, quickly scanning it, he looked to the snake-woman and asked "Are you Sorebry?"

22. - Top - End - #202

Lizardfolk

"Thank you that was exactly what I needed to know."
    {interesting that the locals have such a loose payment system. It could be exploited if they aren't careful}
    {I doubt they are so naive. They must have used this system for a long time if they put so much faith in it.}
    Bly heads off with the others now curious about this star.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

MonkGuy

Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne "Yes, I am Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne, or ah, 'Sorebry'. You are from Evasverdkvinne, yes?" She asks as she coils her snake-like lower body below her and stands up straight.

24. - Top - End - #204

AssassinGuy

Garrick nods and replies, "Yes, she has sent us to protect you, however we don't have any details, could you tell us who is after you so we know who to look out for?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

MonkGuy

Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne "It's Ondetyvmusikkann. He wants me dead. He is a trickster and a criminal, a vile sort of person. We met at bard collage years ago as younglings. He got it all into his head that we should be together, but it is not real. I refused his advances. He said that he could not live without me and that I would not live without him. In other words, he will kill me as he can't have me. "

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir remembered back to the tales he heard as a youth, he felt like a hero in some sort of fairy tale just about to begin. He puffed up his chest and said"Don't you worry fair maiden, we will protect you with steel and strength! How do you want us to proceed? You want us to investigate the matter and take it straight to Ondetyvmusikkann, or do you want us to stay at your side?"

27. - Top - End - #207
    Banned

MonkGuy

Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne looks over a Geir and smiles "Why thank you gallant man, I feel a bit safer just hearing you say them words. But I have no idea what to do. I don't want to die. I just want Ondetyvmusikkann to go away and leave me alone."

28. - Top - End - #208

AssassinGuy

Garrick noticed Geir puff up his chest and decided not to say anything about it, he looked to Sorebry and asked "Don't worry, we'll beat some sense into him, but first we need you to tell us what he looks like, if he has tried to attack you before, and if he can use magic."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

MonkGuy

Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne "He just made the threat. He has not done anything yet. At least as far as I know of. But I'm sure he will soon, Opening Day is just three days away.

He has a dark skinned apeling top, much like the two of you. Just much darker skin and he has no head hair. He has dark black feather wings that are oily. His lower half is serpentine with black and white scales.

And magic? Well, of course, we are all bards."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Geir looked over to his two companions, his expression thoughtful. "I see. Well, without anything concrete to go on, I think the wisest course of action would be to stay around Sorebrystlitthjernekvinne and from there observe what develops," he said. Geir turned back to Sorebryst and continued "Ondetyvmusikkann may be a man scorn, but his words might not yield any action. My experience with bards in our world is that most just talk and stick to doing so," hoping his words would bring some comfort.
    Last edited by Ravitiate; 2013-11-18 at 11:52 AM.