New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside VII: Darth Mall

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Magmart

Zane's going shopping, no evil agenda, just shopping.
    He heads into the store and asks the nearest employee where he can find: Blue thread, blue hair-dye, white thread, a white cotton tunic w/ matching pants, and a revolver.
    Seriously guys! He's not going to blow anything up. Besides, his usual Aura of Evil seems toned down...as in, a mastiff is now a corgi.
    Oh look, a Magbot!

"Aisles sixteen, five, and nine, sir. Break and/or burn anything, and we won't hesitate to drag you outside and do the same to you. Manager isn't expecting a problem; he just told me to tell you that just to be on the safe side."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Oh, no. What happened?" Crissy asks, snuggling against Dorota's side and looking worried. "Is she alright?"
    "Mostly," Dorota says, resting her head against Crissy's. "She went on a date with a boy. They went to his house, drank wine and almost had sex. Luckily, it didn't get that far. She returned late in the evening, drunk and miserable. I imagine she's not feeling well this morning."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Crissy gasps, shivering slightly. [size=1]"Did he...I mean, that's..." she sputters a bit, then composes herself. "What are we, like, going to do about it?" she asks, looking rather upset.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Break Room]

"No, I'm pretty sure it was all consensual," Dorota says. "It sounded like they'd just had too much to drink and got in over their heads. You know how teenagers are. But we're going to have to keep a closer eye on Syela."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Break Room]

"I guess." Crissy doesn't know too much, actually, having been a sheltered, quiet, and as it turns out closeted type. "But, yeah, I guess." And then she giggles softly. "...does that, like, make us her moms?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Break Room]

Dorota smiles.

"We're both too young to be Syela's mothers. If I were to look for family roles here, I'd rather go with the big sister and her girlfriend. Either way, as her teacher, I feel like I'm responsible for her, since her parents aren't around." With her father being completely absent.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Break Room]

"Yeah, you're totally right. And I guess we do have to look out for each other. I mean, she is nice," Crissy muses with a nod, before giving Dorota a peck on the cheek.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Break Room]

"She reminds me a bit of myself when I was her age... minus the part with drinking alcohol and making out with boys," Dorota says.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Oh look, a Magbot!

"Aisles sixteen, five, and nine, sir. Break and/or burn anything, and we won't hesitate to drag you outside and do the same to you. Manager isn't expecting a problem; he just told me to tell you that just to be on the safe side."
    Thank you. That's all the bot is getting out of Zane today. The pyromancer finds each of the aisles, grabs what he needs, pays for everything and leaves.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2013-09-13 at 02:02 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

[EE - Break Room]

"I think I was even, like, quieter growing up, although I did flirt a little," Crissy admits. "I never...even got close to doing anything, though..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

[EE - Break Room]

"That's where she differs from us both," Dorota says. "I think it should stay behind us. If Syela wants to tell anyone else about the incident, it's her choice."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Erin's Emporium

"I don't need magic. Just a sword crafted by a master smith," Iamar says.
    Jon nods and puts the sword back in the sheath. "Alright in that case I could send it to one of the smiths we get weapons from and get it reforged. Or... well I heard about this master smith that has popped up recently Apparently he is quite good, and also a fish. If you are looking for a nonmagical upgrade I bet he could do it." Jon feels a bit bad for trying to send buisness elsewhere but this doesn't seem like something they would do here that often. Plus he has heard good things about the fish smith.

((I forget who plays the fish. I think it popped up Inside awhile back.

Gulaghar runs the Swordfish Inside.))
    Last edited by McBish; 2013-09-12 at 06:17 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #43

Erin's Emporium

"...I see. Thank you for your direction. I shall see this smith," Iamar says. Though she doesn't look to react to learning that a master smith was a fish, but that's probably part of her reaction.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Dana's Place

"I said I wanted to see how lovely you look when you're blushing, except with an entirely different set of words," Magtok responds, without so much as a moment's delay. The silly grin on his face doesn't last long, though, as it sinks in that Tiffany might not just shrug this off like some others would.

"No, no, sorry, just teasing. Get an extra scoop or kick me in the shins or something, if you want. Infinity? Invincibelle, but the ending bit spelled like the girl in Beauty and the Beast?
    "Hmmm..." Reina peeeers at him for a while.

Before moving on like nothing had happened. "That'd work if I actually had some invincibility powers. I might be able to pass off invisibility powers, but those are kind of lame without the force fields." Although... hmm. Might be able to pull off the Invincibelle thing with some planning and help. Call it an option on the table. "I might be able to pull it off though."
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

And now Dana's done with some people at the counter and comes over to see if Magtok and his latest date he's brought here need anything. "Hello Magtok, and I don't think I know your lady friend's name. How can I help you?" She looks smiling between then. Dana looks kind of amused too, like she overheard Reina's little exclamation about her butt. Which she probably did, along with half the store.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-09-13 at 05:33 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Dana's Place

"Hi Dana, this is Tiffany. She's had ice cream before and I'm almost certain she's not a goddess. Tiffany, Dana, of the aptly named Dana's Place. Two of the usual, please, Dana." Magtok responds, somehow resisting the terribly strong urge to tease Tiffany further by referencing the shouting about her butt in the introductions. The usual, of course, is that one flavor that's absurdly better and more expensive than anything else, but I think we all knew that already.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Dana's Place

Hmph! Tiffany exclaimed it, not shouted it.

"Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm..... Tiffany." There's a pause there like she wants to say and do something else. Not doing a super-awesome-incredible trademarked flourish is hard!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

"Nice to meet you too. I'll be back with your ice cream in a few minutes." Dana gives them a little wave with her fingers and heads off behind the counter again to do that.

19. - Top - End - #49

Dana's Place

"It's hard, making sure you don't lapse into your real name when using an alias, isn't it?" Magtok grins as Dana leaves, waiting until she's just out of earshot before continuing on. "It's okay, I've been there too. I was thinking of sending a disguised clone to WATCHTOWER not too long ago, actually, until I remembered they have a psychic living there. Anyways, you were saying something about invisibility, I think?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Dana's Place

"To be fair, I legally changed my name when I arrived here. Fresh start and all. As far as legally means anything around here anyways." Reina was already thinking up a response to that!

"Well yes. I think I could pull off the invisibility and forcefield trick. I hate to shamelessly steal ideas and established superhero concepts, but it's my most viable option. Even if the forcefield only protects me." Reina says.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #51

Dana's Place

"Oh, alright."

Magtok accepts Tiffany's explanation, though he does seem to be just the slightest bit disappointed by it. Games of agents and double agents, spy versus spy, all of that is just so much fun, and a simple legal name change...well, it just isn't.

"What kind of invisibility? Magic, science, some other third thing that can only be seen through by one means and one means only? Whatever it is, I should probably get a pair of goggles or lenses or something that'd see through it. Prevent accidents now, instead of apologizing for missing some goon and hitting you from behind later."

Probably just a coincidence that he's bringing up your behind again, Reina. Think nothing of it. He's totally not up to anything. He did promise he'd stop, right? Don't be so paranoid, it's just a coincidence, really.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Dana's Place

Reina completely misses the subtle reference to her rear, considering Magtok's words a tactical issue and a thoroughly reasonable one at that.

"It'd be magic based, but pretty generic. I know of a place or two where I can pick up goggles for you if you didn't want to make some yourself. You know, to make sure they go with your costume."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

"Sorry about the wait, you two. Here you are." Dana says as she comes back over with two bowls of Ice Cream in hand. She places them in front of the pair. It looks like simple vanilla ice cream at a glance, but tasting it will reveal that it is simply the most amazing ice cream that has ever existed! Words can't describe the glory that is this ice cream! "Let me know if there's anything else you need." Dana says with a friendly smile before she heads off to attend to other customers.

24. - Top - End - #54

Dana's Place

"That works. I'll have a Magbot repaint them or pop out the lenses and put them in a new set of goggles, if the old ones don't match the look I'm going for. Or maybe just go with a blue biker helmet, so it doesn't matter what I have underneath. Hrm. Bright blue and black motocross biker look, with a small Evel Knievel cape on one shoulder, and stolen Remnant armor specs for the rest of the costume? It's not exactly old-fashioned tights and spandex, but since I can't go showing any part of my face to the world..."

Oh look, ice cream. Yay! Magtok digs right in. Also, you know it's not really stolen armor, right Magtok? I mean, you kinda made a deal with Remnant for it, that's the opposite of theft. I suppose you could always claim to be an ex-Remnant soldier as part of your heroic backstory, though. Hung up the gun and combat boots to bring justice to a part of the world where there was none.

"Thanks, Dana. Oh! Speaking of costumes, any ideas there? Blue/white to contrast with my own blue/black, maybe? I'm darker bad cop, you're lighter good cop?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-09-16 at 10:55 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dana's Place]

Reina pokes at the ice cream a bit. Even when becoming human, she never really developed a taste for sweets. And it's bad on the figure. Not to say she won't eat it, but she definitely needs to poke at it first and let it melt a little.

"I've never been particularly good at that stuff, but I have some friends who are that I trust." On account of them being relatively oblivious to the world outside their little one. "But that seems reasonable enough to me. Should I go for something more bulky for the whole invincibelle type tank thing or should I stick with something rather light and easy to move in?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #56

Dana's Place

"Maneuverability, I think. Invisibility is more of a hit-and-run sort of thing, and if you can't run, you're just limiting yourself, spending more time summoning forcefields than actually fighting back."

Magtok, conversely, doesn't give a damn about his figure. High metabolism and a propensity for changing bodies means he can recklessly indulge in vices of all kinds all the time. I'm honestly surprised that Needs was the only heavy drug abuser amongst the clones. They must be better at policing their own kind than I give them credit for.

"There's also the distraction factor of a more snug costume, but I'm not going to elaborate on that because I think my butt remark counted as two strikes and I'd rather not get kicked out of this place because of a third." Magtok muses, totally not imagining what Reina would look like in skintight spandex.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-09-16 at 04:16 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Dana's Place

"... I'll be invisible. The only one I'd be distracting would be you." Reina say, her lips pursed.

Clearly she should wear a bunch then.

Hmph. She'll take a bite of her ice cream. Her eyes widen in surprise. "Ohmygoshthisisdelicious." She murmurs over her spoon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #58

Dana's Place

"At the same time, armor's only really useful if you've been spotted, isn't it? Of course, all that's assuming your invisibility never fails on its own, you never get caught off-guard and visible to begin with, our reputation doesn't lead to everyone packing special goggles, and maybe three or four other things I can't think of right n-Okay fine, you win this one."

But you didn't even bother to hear her counter-argument, Magtok! You're going to give up, just like that? Abandon an entire fourth of the reasons why you wanted to do this superhero stuff in the first place? She's not that close to walking right out the door, is she?

"And yeah, it is. I'm thinking about buying the license and formula or something for MagMart. I dunno though, even if they said yes, wouldn't that cheapen the experience, maybe? Maybe if we kept the source secret, and only sold it one week out of the year? Hrm."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Dana's Place

"I think they put drugs in this." Reina says, already on her fourth spoonful and clearly trying to get brain freeze.

"I'll wear whatever ends up being practical for me." In other words, what she feels like wearing. She'll probably end up in spandex anyways. Reina kind of liked how the Zero Suit Samus outfit felt... even if it's terrible zombie protection.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #60

Dana's Place

"No, my sensors and junk would know if there were dru-" Magtok corrects Tiffany, before stopping dead in his tracks, peering suspiciously at his spoon.

"...Unless it was magic drugs. Then I'd never know. I'd just be unwittingly eating drugs, and inviting death goddesses and buxom superheroines and personifications of hyper-intelligent hiveminds to do the same. The effects would be slow at first, innocuous. More business for the business, new dates and whatnot. Slowly I'd start thinking of investing money directly into Dana's Place, and then just flat-out donating it, and then giving gifts and technology and such directly to Dana, until even Remnant was full of her thralls, at which point-"

Magtok stops once more, shrugs, and eats another spoonful of ice cream.

"Meh. There's been worse apocalypses. I'm sure Watchtower will intervene if it becomes necessary."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson