New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside VII: Darth Mall

Cinema 26

Reina quietly listens to the whole experience, making no comment until he offers the opening.

"So what did you do? When you realized she was really gone."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cinema 26

"I buried myself in my work, devoting all my time to being Magtok. Gave myself absolutely no time to dwell on it, to do anything about it or mourn properly. I made plans on the advice of an old friend when it was brought up, to bury her memory and do something or other for closure. I told her I made good on those plans, that I got the closure I needed, but I just...I couldn't. She'd already popped back once when I was nearly sure it was over, and to shut the door all the way seemed like it'd do more harm than good. I took my plans, and I shelved them, told myself I'd get around to it later, deal with it eventually, when I'm not busy.

I don't date anyone with more than one of me anymore. Each date gets one clone, and that's it. They always know they're speaking to the same Magtok they spoke to yesterday. It's not really safe though, letting MagClones branch out and become separate, independent individuals. At least one has gone rogue because of it, and even the ones who don't wind up developing their own unique flavor of Magtok, which is still pretty risky. As bad for the collective as it might be, the idea of committing every part of me to another person again, it just...nobody lives forever."

People fade in and out of the Nexus at random, what kind of fool would devote themselves wholly to another person who might not even be there the following morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Valia starts browsing in Erin's emporium as she waits for an answer.
    Erin, whoever that os, has a nice taste in weaponry. Ranger Sequoias, Fat Mans, Wabbajock... Swordchucks?
    Valia's eyes light up like a kid in a candy shop.
    Except, you know, the candy is used to kill stuff.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Erin's Emporium]

Alas, the Wabbajacks here are knockoffs; Aeryn didn't have enough cheese to get the real thing.

"Hi, welcome to Erin's. I'm Crissy. Can I, like, help you find anything?"
    The Valley Girl accent behind Valia comes from a very blonde half-elf, who smiles brightly at the potential customer!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #95

Oh, Hello! I'm just hoping to find some upgrades or replacement pieces for Ebony here,
    Valia says as she shows her black anti-materiel rifle to Erin.
    She's my pride and joy, and I want to keep her in top condition.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Cinema 26

Anyone who believes in love I suppose.

And I guess by that whole Magtok is the same as the one prior, that means this Magtok is also dating Harley?

"Correction. Each date gets half a clone. The other half is still holding on to Elly." Reina stands at this point. "Thank you very much for the ice cream and movie. It was very enlightening. I'll be by in three days with my costume and such so we can finalize things." Reina will give Magtok an opportunity to reply, but intends to leave shortly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #97

Cinema 26

The others are a little confused as to how to deal with that Harley/Tiffany business, yeah.

Magtok's not going to take a remark like that and just let it go. He can't let Tiffany have the last word, especially not if that's the last word. He attempts to seize her by the arm, turn about and glare daggers right into her eyes.

"And I suppose you've been any better about Ermine, cat? You want to tell me you got rid of the thousand or so things that still remind you of her and moved on, instead of burying it in your treasure horde? Can you honestly tell me there's nothing left of her in your room at GLoG, or you didn't sit around feeling sorry for yourself, jabbing shard of glass between your paws?

Whoa, what?! Hold on, Ermine? Cat? But how did he...how long has he-

Yeah, I know it's you. You think I wouldn't expect you to pull another Winston? I've been playing dumb, outside of a few jokes meant to mess with you, waiting for you to go ahead with whatever stupid trap you had planned, and then turn it right back around on you. I can't...I'm not going to just sit here and listen to you be a goddamn hypocrite, Rein. I don't have the patience for this. I'm not going to wait the next three months for you to try to kill me. I won't play Spy vs. Spy with you. If you still want to follow bad men down dark alleys in your heels and skintight spandex, fine, but whatever you were planning to steal, torture, or kill me for this time, it's not happening."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

8. - Top - End - #98

Somewhere, sometime, something...
    Going up to Erin's Emporium

A pirate goes into this store!

She's looking for a handheld cannon.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Cinema 26

Reina rips her arm away from Magtok after he grabs it and returns the glare handily, though it may be softened by the hints of wetness forming at the corner of her eyes.
    "What did you think I was talking about when I said this had been enlightening?! I sure as heck wasn't talking about you, you vain cyborg!" She was leaving this very moment to deal with that Ermine thing precisely. After a short, necessary stop in Azik's.

"There is no trap. I saw an opportunity for a fresh start and I took it. I told you all my reasons at the party." Not that Reina expects Mag to believe her, even when true. Who would?

"I'm sorry for wasting your time. I truly hope you find closure. And be the hero I know you can be." Reina turns to leave now before her emotional strength fails her and she starts out and out crying right there. Magtok can still get in his much beloved last word, and Reina will still hear it, but she is actively moving to walk away now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #100

Cinema 26

The hell do you think you're doing, Magtok? No seriously, take a step back for a moment here. Are you feeling guilty? For upsetting a Reinholdt? One who's been lying to your face this whole time, mocking you and your feigned ignorance towards what's beneath that mask? The same cat who shattered any sense of safety or trust you might have with your employees by masquerading as a computer programmer and plotting against you in the same building where your children sleep? Who was involved in all of those apocalypses and everything else? How can you-

Magtok abruptly calls out to Reina, when she's just on the verge of being out of earshot. "T-three days, you said? Dancing Fox or Mallside?"

Oh, you goddamned fool. You're not really still going through with this thing, are you? No, impossible. Even you're not that stupid, Magtok. The cat is out of the bag, cyborg; you can't go back to this game of cloak and dagger now.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Cinema 26

Reina pauses just long to call back "Dancing Fox," before rounding the corner. At least there Magtok is less likely to murder her or make a scene.

For now though, she ducks into the bathroom to cry. About Magtok, about her failed 'fresh start', but mostly about Ermine. Geeze her emotions seemed so much more... fluid recently. Was this a woman thing or something else?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #102

Cinema 26

Magtok teleports out. He makes a slight detour to some island in the Home thread, to try to prove something to himself, to make a point of showing Reinholdt is wrong about something, before returning to the MagCave to plan and brood.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Azik's

After enough time to recover and make sure her eyes didn't look terrible, Reina comes here. To go shopping for her magical needs!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Standing behind the counter is the titular warforged, standing at the ready for conducting business. As he is wont to do, he allows the customer to make the first move, just watching from his place behind the counter.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Azik's Enchantments

Reina steps up. "Hi. I was wondering if you offer repair services? I have a broken amulet I need fixed."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

Well the pirate can look in the ailse for cannons. There are dozens of varieties including a few handheld ones. Or she could ask at the counter where John is sitting with his inscribing tools and a musket. He seems to be inscribing something inside the barrel itself. He will stop his work and look up with a smile if anyone approaches though so she won't be interupting.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #107

Bunny Ears Boutique
    A very young red-haired girl with chalky white skin and snow-colored bunny ears walks in, dressed in a green dress, black shoes, and arm-length gloves. Curiously, she is carrying an open umbrella above her.

Hello! I'm looking for yellow clothes.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Oh, Hello! I'm just hoping to find some upgrades or replacement pieces for Ebony here,
    Valia says as she shows her black anti-materiel rifle to Erin.
    She's my pride and joy, and I want to keep her in top condition.
    Erin sees nothing, as Erin isn't here.

Crissy, on the other hand, smiles. "Oh, I see! Well, what sort of upgrades are you looking for? Laser sites? Enhanced scope? In'tar adaptor?"
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-09-27 at 09:27 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    []b[Erin's Emporium][/b]

Erin sees nothing, as Erin isn't here.

Crissy, on the other hand, smiles. "Oh, I see! Well, what sort of upgrades are you looking for? Laser sites? Enhanced scope? In'tar adaptor?"
    hm... An enhanced scope would be nice. I need upgrades for quicker firing and durability.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Sure! Laser-dot scope? Zoom? Auto-tracking?" Crissy starts rattling off a list of options, she'll go through the whole catalogue if given half a chance.

She does work on commission, after all...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"Sure! Laser-dot scope? Zoom? Auto-tracking?" Crissy starts rattling off a list of options, she'll go through the whole catalogue if given half a chance.

She does work on commission, after all...
    preferably not a laser scope. I do mercenary work, and sometimes there are those jobs that you can't risk bring noticed in.
    Zoom vs tracking: benefits?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Azik's Enchantments

Reina steps up. "Hi. I was wondering if you offer repair services? I have a broken amulet I need fixed."
    [Azik's Enchantments]

Azik will attempt to look through the pair of glasses he wears on his face towards the amulet. He won't see any effects on Reina - the way they work is that they only work on the specified target - thus if Reina has any magical effects on her, he won't notice.

"I can probably fix it, yes. And for cheaper than a new one."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

It's a forcefield amulet! Broken from over use in a fight against Enshadu.

"I'm trying to get an invisible/invincible theme going. I probably need to pick up something that'll make my punches actually worthwhile too, or at least some sort of nonlethal magic weapon." Reina says, passing the amulet over to him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Azik takes the amulet and lifts it above him to get a better look at it in the light, "I can craft you Riverine to coat some equipment with and repair your amulet. That should make you relatively invincible. If you want my suggestion, you may also want a personal shielding device from Erin's - it projects a small tech based forcefield, so it won't be interrupted by anti-magic, and the amulet won't be interrupted by an EMP, covering your bases."

Most people just ask for things. If people actually tell Azik what they want an item for, he can make informed suggestions.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-09-27 at 10:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"That's a good idea." Reina usually avoids that type of thing, but if it's going to be a sort of theme.

"Should I get something to cheat my way at martial arts or just stick with that?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"Riverine coated gauntlets should make you punch like a golem, but if you want additional security in that endeavor I can craft a belt that instills upon you certain combat maneuvers and reflexes," Azik says, "those cost quite a bit though."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Azik's Enchantments

"Mmmm... let's just go with the guantlets if you would." And only put them on against a particularly rough opponent.

"Oh. And I have this." Reina pulls out one (1) refund credit coupon for Azik's store! I don't remember when or why Reinholdt earned this coupon, but it has been sitting in his inventory for a while. Time to make use of it!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #118

Hmm. Oh well, guess she or he's busy,
    The girl leaves, still carrying her open umbrella, and visits Azik's Enchantments.
    Hello! Do you have any amulets if Protection From Sunlight?
    Riena might notice her
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-09-27 at 11:25 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Azik looks at the coupon and then back to Reina.

"... I've never handed these out in the past. Not even tacitly."

30. - Top - End - #120

Wait, are you made out of metal? Are you a robot?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show