New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #3 Third time's the charm - No wait, that sounds too Exalt

This has never stopped anyone before, but what can catgirls do? Beyond worm their way into an astonishing number of fictional universes, because catgirls?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #3 Third time's the charm - No wait, that sounds too Exalt

Panther Line:

Spoiler
    Show
    Those of the Panther Line are quiet and attuned to the shadows, seeing better than most catgirls in darkness; though they have poor colorvision in such conditions, they may ignore up to a 2-die penalty for poor lighting, and gain the benefit of the 8-again rule on all Stealth checks.

Those of this Line have an affinity for [Contract/Discipline/etc. Equivalent - Name?] of the Hunter, and three main Litters [Placeholder - Again, name?] they may fall under.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-09-22 at 01:00 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe worming themselves into fictional universes is what they do? Maybe a super-expanded version of Changeling's Talecrafting?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Mopalot View Post
    Maybe worming themselves into fictional universes is what they do? Maybe a super-expanded version of Changeling's Talecrafting?
    Hm... Be hard to make a game around that, though. I dunno, might work, but... Still. How would you do that, really?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-09-22 at 02:59 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

maybe they break the laws of physics in various ways?

like defy gravity and do various other stunts that wouldn't work in the real world, like the stuff that science nerds like to point out wouldn't work and thus metaphorically kill a catgirl when they do.

so when scientists point out that a catgirl shouldn't be able to do that…their powers fail? hm, might be too narrow for WoD...
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Mopalot View Post
    Hm... Be hard to make a game around that, though. I dunno, might work, but... Still. How would you do that, really?
    Meta-template? A template that applies over other Major Templates? Someone did mention Catgirl Princesses, after all.

In other news...

Quote Originally Posted by Dozen View Post
    Hello, Playground!

Regrettably, our Genius: the Transgression play-by-post game might come to a halt now that our ST left - thanks to him being so sick he can't crawl out of the bed -, and we have no loose players to fill in.

Hence, we are looking for a nWoD Storyteller who could run it for us. In the above link, the precedessor offered the notes to those who ask. Here are the links to our current threads and character sheets.

The group itself is long-going(all the more reason to not let it go to waste), though a large bunch of immigrants from other roleplaying sites joined recently, myself included. Wonders take time to design, so we'd be really dissapointed to scratch the whole shebang... you know, I will stop avoiding the issue. Should someone not come along soon, we'll turn into sad mutant chemo-zombie pandas for all eternity.

He's all gears on the inside. A terrible, fluffy curse.

You don't want that, do you?
    Anyone interested?
    Last edited by MugaSofer; 2013-09-22 at 07:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Note to self: Start ghouling honey badgers.
    Oh dear god...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

On the list of horrifying things to ghoul, I'd add:
    - mosquitoes
    - spiders
    - chimpanzees
    - more spiders crows
    - baboons
    - spiders spiders spiders scorpions
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    On the list of horrifying things to ghoul, I'd add:
    - mosquitoes
    - spiders
    - chimpanzees
    - more spiders crows
    - baboons
    - spiders spiders spiders scorpions
    Don't forget snakes, they do bashing and and equal amount of Vitae damage to vampires.
    Last edited by The Random NPC; 2013-09-26 at 06:30 AM.
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Best things to ghoul:

Grizzly bears: They're already pretty tameable compared to other large predators and capable over running thirty miles an hour in addition to their massive strength. One with magical powers is almost hilarious overkill.

Shark (tiger preferred, but any sufficiently large species will work): You're undead, so you can hide underwater indefinitely. Hide a large sarcophagus in an underwater cave or something hard to casually find, then set a ghouled tiger shark or three to guard you while you sleep.

Bearshark: If you can convince your ST to let you convert Vicissitude to NWoD using the V:tM conversion guide, this would probably be the best thing ever. Blame any resulting Masquerade breeches on mad scientists.

...On a quasi-related note, my wife finally saw Jaws for the first time a couple of months ago, and conversation after the movie led us to an epiphany. It's the same shark in all four movies. Bruce somehow acquired the slasher template (given some allowance for homebrew emulating the slasher ability to return for sequels despite being totally killed onscreen), or is possibly bound to an especially confused Geist. He explodes when defeated because the ST is using a Dudes of Legend style hack that causes evil beings to explode when defeated.

(This has been another episode of Random Thoughts with CN the Logos. Tune in next [whenever] to hear me rant about how blood-bathing, harvesting, and maybe being a patchwork (wo)man should really be a merit rather than a template. )
    Last edited by CN the Logos; 2013-09-27 at 04:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    ...Masquerade breeches...
    *giggles*

"Yes, I really am Mr. Secrecy-pants. Your point?"

Ahem.

On a different note... There was actually a surprisingly positive response amongst my friends to making Catgirl as a serious thing. Is anyone else actually interested in that idea?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

On a different note... There was actually a surprisingly positive response amongst my friends to making Catgirl as a serious thing. Is anyone else actually interested in that idea?
    Catgirl: the Meowing would be a hilarious fansplat.

I'm not sure about it being a 'serious' thing, but it should definitely be a thing.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post

I'm not sure about it being a 'serious' thing, but it should definitely be a thing.
    Mm. Not entirely serious, no. The Kith-equivalents are Litters, at this point, for instance. On the other hand, it is still a fairly dark thing, in some ways, and we're trying to not just make it a joke-splat.

There's actually a bit of work done at the moment, if you'd like to see it?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-09-29 at 07:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post

Like Princess?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You know what this conversation needs? Another random quasi-humorous fansplat idea!

In Voice: The Temptation (title needs work) you play a split personality/not!goetic demon. Maybe you were put into an artifact via magic, maybe you're the shattered remains of someone who saw a little too much of the WoD. Maybe you're the poor sod who ended up carrying all the other PCs around in his head.

In other words, you play Gollum. All of you.

(The requisite party-name would be a "body" or "collective", with a vague note that they tend to band together in the same unfortunate individual for company, since generally nobody else can hear them and they get lonely. And maybe try to evoke a sense of unlocking pre-existing potential for the powers, somehow?)

Shamelessly ripped off - I mean, inspired by this, which is copyrighted, so I guess that could possibly be an issue.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mm. Not entirely serious, no. The Kith-equivalents are Litters, at this point, for instance. On the other hand, it is still a fairly dark thing, in some ways, and we're trying to not just make it a joke-splat.

There's actually a bit of work done at the moment, if you'd like to see it?
    I'd take a look, dunno if I have any good ideas.

17. - Top - End - #47

BardGuy

Bastet. No seriously, cat-folk werecreatures in WoD are called Basted.

You could also read the Hengeyokai book. It has Kitsune (were-foxes) and those would be pretty easy to mod into cat-girls.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post

You could also read the Hengeyokai book. It has Kitsune (were-foxes) and those would be pretty easy to mod into cat-girls.
    Beat you to it. There's already a Bastet Litter.

As for the Hengeyokai book, bit harder. That takes acquiring it, you see.

19. - Top - End - #49

RangerGuy

Bastet
    Not Basted. Important difference
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lightningcat View Post
    Bastet
    You mean the difference between the guy talking about that 'Cat basted' that just broke his jaw and a reference to the Egyptian goddess of warfare?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Does anyone know if there is a God Machine hack for the Dark Hero template? I've been looking for one, and I've not been able to find one.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

22. - Top - End - #52

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lightningcat View Post
    Bastet
    I got it right the first time I typed it.

Kitsune are actually pretty cool. They don't regenerate like werewolves do (all damage is aggravated) but they are immune to silver and they don't cause chaos when they transform in public. Most people just assume they are cosplayers.

23. - Top - End - #53

I got it right the first time I typed it.

Kitsune are actually pretty cool. They don't regenerate like werewolves do (all damage is aggravated) but they are immune to silver and they don't cause chaos when they transform in public. Most people just assume they are cosplayers.
    Actually, non-bashing damage is lethal for the foxes, and they make sure to never transform in public because of the lack of Delirium induction. So speaketh the production text of the W20 Changing Breeds book.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by SaurOps View Post
    Actually, non-bashing damage is lethal for the foxes, and they make sure to never transform in public because of the lack of Delirium induction. So speaketh the production text of the W20 Changing Breeds book.
    Wait, aren't there only 3 types of damage, bashing, lethal, and aggravated?
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

25. - Top - End - #55
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Random NPC View Post
    Wait, aren't there only 3 types of damage, bashing, lethal, and aggravated?
    Yeah. I think, if I parsed it right, he's saying that Kitsune simply don't take Aggravated damage at all no matter the source - if it's Bashing, it's Bashing, otherwise it counts as Lethal.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2013-10-03 at 12:00 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Yeah. I think, if I parsed it right, he's saying that Kitsune simply don't take Aggravated damage at all no matter the source - if it's Bashing, it's Bashing, otherwise it counts as Lethal.
    I must've remembered that wrong. Ok, they don't take aggravated damage (unless the souce normally deals aggravated, such as crushing), but they can't regenerate wounds so they take damage like humans.

As for the Delerium thing, it depends on the ST. My wife ran a Kitsune who left her ears and tail out for comfort. She wore a hairband with holes in it for the ears so everyone she met just assumed she was dressed up.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hey, Guildhalls of the Deathless, the first sourcebook for Mummy, is out on PDF.

If you're a fan of Mummy, you should probably get it. Gives the guilds much-needed depth and character, and then some.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

28. - Top - End - #58

I must've remembered that wrong. Ok, they don't take aggravated damage (unless the souce normally deals aggravated, such as crushing), but they can't regenerate wounds so they take damage like humans.
    Aggravated is non-bashing. It gets shunted to lethal for the foxes, because it wouldn't matter anyway. The only time this setup changes is when a fox activates that Gift that allows them to regenerate like a Garou.

As for the Delerium thing, it depends on the ST. My wife ran a Kitsune who left her ears and tail out for comfort. She wore a hairband with holes in it for the ears so everyone she met just assumed she was dressed up.
    There are too many ways for that to go wrong for it to be commonplace. Such as if the wind blows past and reveals that you have no human ears under your hair and/or that your tail is actually growing out of your spine, for example.

29. - Top - End - #59

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SaurOps View Post
    Aggravated is non-bashing. It gets shunted to lethal for the foxes, because it wouldn't matter anyway. The only time this setup changes is when a fox activates that Gift that allows them to regenerate like a Garou.
    No, lethal is non-bashing. Aggravated is damage that is un-soakable. It is so full-body painful that it can't be ignored. Werewolves take aggravated damage from silver as it is extremely toxic to them, a vampire can't resist damage from sunlight because it burns them to ash, etc.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

No, lethal is non-bashing.
    All damage that is not bashing is non-bashing damage. That is, in fact, what 'non-bashing', as a term, would mean. Where are you getting that only Lethal counts...?