New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #3 Third time's the charm - No wait, that sounds too Exalt

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Hmm. Have you considered silvering the barrels of your weapons so that it will transfer in some part to each round as you fire, rather than going to the expense of silvering bullets?
    I'm pretty sure the silver transferred that way would be essentially trace amounts.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #3 Third time's the charm - No wait, that sounds too Exalt

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Well if you have a cop friend and the bad guys are holding hostages that offers some possibilities if you're ruthless enough to get cops mixed up with a bunch of werewolves
    That was one thing I was gonna tinker with. Call in as a "concerned neighbor", see if I can't get an officer to investigate. Assuming what I think will happen will happen (the supernaturals attack the officers), then we essentially got ourselves a siege that we can sit back and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Wait, you have a Malleus priest on your team? Does he not have the Benediction that lets him see supernatural creatures (I think it's called "Sight of Saint Abel")?
    The only one he has that I know of is the healing one, and he's picking up the Lazarus one next. My character is on that path (for Malleus Benedictions) but currently Resources and such are priority (only have two dots in Resources, need more, if only to afford weapons and ammo).
    Last edited by Silus; 2013-11-13 at 02:59 PM.
    Awesome avatar by linklele
    "The Barrier World" Google Doc
    A post-post apocalyptic steampunk magitech Pathfinder setting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf and Ceika

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    That was one thing I was gonna tinker with. Call in as a "concerned neighbor", see if I can't get an officer to investigate. Assuming what I think will happen will happen (the supernaturals attack the officers), then we essentially got ourselves a siege that we can sit back and watch.
    And if the cop wanders out blank faced, mumbling 'There's nothing strange here' you'll know it's Vampires
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Fun note: About the Demon Kickstarter, the preview is basically the raw text of the completed book, sans art.

You read it, you already know what Demon is about.

(Also, it is about being awesome on bread, from the look of it. Demon: The Fallen can weep).
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

read Demon the Descent. y'know the preview.

I love it already. it has joined Mage and Changeling as one of my favorite WoD lines.

I'm even thinking of making a group of characters called The Gamblers, who are all beings who somehow manipulate luck and chance, with at least one Mage, Demon and Changeling in them. and then totally engaging in three-way espionage rebellion action against the Exarchs, Gentry and the God-Machine. All at once. Because taking on just one cosmic super-enemy of unfathomable power with guts, wits and magic just isn't recklessly suicidal enough.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Let me know if they need a min-maxed to hell (albeit, with a reasonable-ish explanation) bodyguard if you ever do; I have a character who'd love a shot at the Gentry.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    I'm pretty sure the silver transferred that way would be essentially trace amounts.
    And even if you use hard metal bullets to get out more silver, that'll work once and then mess up the rifling.
    Last edited by SaurOps; 2013-11-16 at 02:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaurOps View Post
    And even if you use hard metal bullets to get out more silver, that'll work once and then mess up the rifling.
    Mm. It depends on how much silver you need, really. If it's supposed to be that fairly major amounts are needed? Sure. If you just need a little bit before it hits them? It might work. *Shrugs* Wasn't saying it was necessarily a good idea in general, or even would work in this specific instance, just that it was something to inquire with the ST about.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Yo C'nor. I can't reply to the last PM you sent about those nwod fan splats you talked about, your PM box is too full, clear some space.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Aye aye, someone sent me stuff while I was asleep, sorry about that.

11. - Top - End - #161

Ok, the aforementioned Hunter game I was in fell through when a party of 4 non-combat characters tried to raid a Juju-zombie controlled tenement building WITHOUT the combat monkey. It went as well as you'd think.

Anyway, working on a Vampire: The Requiem character and I've a question about Virtues:

The concept is a mousy, non-confrontational bookstore owner (Thinking Mekhet/Malkavian) that outright refuses to drink from mortals, preferring to get their blood from a local blood bank that their bookstore advertises.

Anyway, the refusal to drink from mortals, would that fall more under Fortitude or Prudence? I'm torn, as Fortitude would be like "No, I said I wouldn't drink from a human, and I'm not gonna", whereas Prudence I think would be more "It's not smart to eat from humans, as it could be traced back to me and I could die and all my books destroyed".
    Last edited by Silus; 2013-11-18 at 08:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

wait, the blood bank method actually works? I thought the blood had to be straight from the body....

13. - Top - End - #163

Well according to the NWoD vamp book, there is, at the least, a derogatory term for vamps that get their blood from banks. It's not very flavorful, but it apparently gets the job done.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Low-BP vamps can hypothetically subsist on bagged/stored blood, but it takes a lot more blood volume than eating straight from a mortal since there's so little actual "Vitae" in dead blood. It's something like 1/8 of a point per 1-oz. blood pack. I recommend combining this with at least a rank in the Coil of Blood, two if you ever plan on getting above about 4 Blood Potency.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    I recommend combining this with at least a rank in the Coil of Blood, two if you ever plan on getting above about 4 Blood Potency.
    I'm confused. Why wouldn't I get two ranks in Coil of Blood?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Your not with The Ordo Dracul?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Vertharrad View Post
    Your not with The Ordo Dracul?
    I think you mean "You didn't say you were a member of the Ordo Dracul in backstory?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

So I'm already making a Demon character

Got a pretty good background for him too, he was once the Guardian assigned to the Library of Alexandria..... yeah.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    So I'm already making a Demon character

Got a pretty good background for him too, he was once the Guardian assigned to the Library of Alexandria..... yeah.
    "So... how did that work out?"

"You know damn well how it worked out! Now stop asking!"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

For those interested:

Spoiler
    Show
    Andromalius, the Baron of Lies and Thieves, was once an Angel tasked with managing what information was brought into the Library of Alexandria. As a Messenger, information was his lifeblood, and he reveled in the information that the God-Machine granted him. But the humans, they were something all their own. They created, changed, reacted. It was an intoxicant of it's own. Before he knew it, Andros was attached to the Library in a way that he never thought possible. A new Angel came, to tear the library down. Andros was not a fighter however, and the Angel who appeared was a Sword. He managed to blind the Angel, scarring it's eyes, and taking some of the rarer works and hiding them across the world.

It wasn't long before he was approached by more Demons, offering him shelter and assistance. With their help, he was able to adapt to the new world, or new to him. He was no longer connected to the God-Machine, no longer in touch with all that was. So Andromalius began to rebuild. He used his knowledge to help humanity, a little at a time so as to not draw attention. In Italy, he was a pupil of Leonardo and an advocate in the church for Galileo. In England, he was a quirky and radical professor, nudging Newton along.

Under his longest guise, she was a lover of Benjamin Franklin's. Known then as Anne, she whispered into his ear at night to fly a kite during a storm. He took her with him to America, and Anne fell in love with the sheer drive and ingenuity of the fledgling country. But in her thrill, Anne let slip her Cover. As an Angel was prepared to strike Franklin down, Anne blocked the blow and slew the Angel. But her wounds were great, and she was forced to go into rest for the next two hundred years.

When World War Two broke out, Anne was stirred from her slumber. She found herself in Oak Ridge. Working a Cover, Anne became a waitress at a diner. She talked to scientists, plying information from them and giving it in return. Anne for a time found peace, living as the wife of a scientist in the American space program. When her husband passed, Anne took the guise of their child, becoming Andy Roll.

Now, Andy has moved to Detroit, in the neverending goal to advance the knowledge of humanity.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

That reminds me, I keep meaning to post Superman statted as as a Demon ... I've got it pretty much worked out just from reading the preview.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    There must be some reason for Vampires to join things that aren't the Ordo Dracul, right?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I think you mean "You didn't say you were a member of the Ordo Dracul in backstory?"
    I stand corrected...but i think we all know what I was getting at. Shame on you if you didn't. The coils are practiced by The Ordo Dracul.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There must be some reason for Vampires to join things that aren't the Ordo Dracul, right?
    like what? Cruac? Theban Sorcery? creepy magics that seem to have no practical use? bloodlines that give you just as many flaws as benefits? The Invictus where your basically going to be happily living under the elder vampires boot forever? The Carthians, who aren't actually democratic (or all democratic), just modern and could very well be just as oppressive?

if there is any, I don't see it. y'know aside from Ordo Dracul having high standards.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Do believe that was sarcasm.

That said, if things really are that crappy in... Anything else, it sounds like... it's a pretty big flaw and I'd expect something to be done about it so that those characters who'd fit better in something else aren't screwed.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

what was done about it was that they specifically said in the Ordo Dracul book that they only accepted like, vampires who met their high monastic standards or something, while all the other factions go "eh, I don't believe them, they're probably lying about their coil things" and then went on about how the Coils themselves are really bleeping hard to get, like, just for first coil of blood? it involves the vampiric equivalent of fasting, and like, goes up from there.

basically? the reason not all vampires is running around with Coils is the same reason not everyone is running around with martial arts. they take too much time and effort, because the vampires have other things they need to do.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Coils are ridiculously useful compared to other faction-specific things, but so is being a ten year military veteran with a variety of exotic firearms, and not everyone is going to have that either.

(Coils of Blood are pretty much required for "nice" vampires to stay nice forever, though, there's not really any getting around it.)
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2013-11-19 at 10:43 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Agoraphobic werewolves, huh? Colloidal silver in the sprinkler system?
    Last edited by Cirrylius; 2013-11-19 at 12:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    Agoraphobic werewolves, huh? Colloidal silver in the sprinkler system?
    Silver salts aren't the kind of silver that hurts werewolves. Well, aside from the potential for argyria, anyway.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

So, those of you who have read the whole if Demon and apparently love it, I have a question.

What do you actually do as a Demon?

I read the QuickStart recently, and while it was plenty interesting, the only plot thing that they really mentioned was Infrastucture. And as diverse as Infrastructure is, and as many interesting missions can be gotten out of it, it's still only one type of plot. I imagine that you can only take out so many lynchpins before it starts getting same-y. So what else is there? What do demons do when they're not out to sabotage the G-M, and not just staying safe in their Covers?
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance