New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread XII: Don't Kick the Bukkit

Use /fill.
    Or if the arena isn't just a solid box of blocks, /clone.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tried fill but the box keeps telling me invalid coordinate's
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #1293

Then you entered it wrong. Look it up, there are six numbers, plus what you want to fill with.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

4. - Top - End - #1294

Where do you think i found the command in the first place.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Where do you think i found the command in the first place.
    "Interpreting vague answer as 'the internet'."

Command blocks are a (bit of a?) pain to work with, no doubt. The last time I was using them I was half considering just making a small mod to do what I want them to do, because srsly.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2014-10-30 at 05:57 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #1296

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    "Interpreting vague answer as 'the internet'."

Command blocks are a (bit of a?) pain to work with, no doubt. The last time I was using them I was half considering just making a small mod to do what I want them to do, because srsly.
    Its as good as a reply to what i was given.

Specifics the Minecraft Wiki on Gamepedia.
    I had hoped for someone who had used them in the past and all i got was a blasé response.

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Then you entered it wrong. Look it up, there are six numbers, plus what you want to fill with.
    Oh so damn useful help this is. "look it up" is what i did before i even came here to ask, hence when it didn't work after trying it a lot and looking for more sources i thought id ask on here. Had hoped for something useful and what i got was not.

What i can find in spades on Command Blocks is how to spawn fireballs (that was a fun hour or so of destruction), Mobs and other such things but to how to make the /fill command work for what i need.
    Last edited by Leon; 2014-10-30 at 09:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #1297

Please stop saying this is all other people being unhelpful. You came here and said that you got an error for "invalid coordinates," no mention of what those coordinates were or anything. That means that the coordinates were invalid, that's all I know. I could list how to run a fill command, except there are other sites that already do that and I'm in no mood to repeat them.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1298

Please stop saying this is all other people being unhelpful. You came here and said that you got an error for "invalid coordinates," no mention of what those coordinates were or anything. That means that the coordinates were invalid, that's all I know. I could list how to run a fill command, except there are other sites that already do that and I'm in no mood to repeat them.
    Its only you being unhelpful.

I asked for anyone with experience with using Command Blocks. All i got got from you was use "/fill" no elaboration on what your meant to do with it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ettin in the Playground

*Ahem*
    STOP FIGHTING!
    Thank you for listening.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone have experience with using Command Blocks?

I am wanting to use one to refill a Spleef Arena that one of my friends is building on my realm but the code is mindbogling and i really dont know where to start. had a look on line but i can seem to find anything useful.
    If you have World edit, there are commands for spawning blocks over an area. With wold edit, you can use the command:
    //fill <block> <radius> [depth]. I'm pretty sure that fills in the area around you with that block in that radius and depth. You can also use other commands to make shapes and such. If you want more elaboration and you are using world edit, there is a list of commands and what they do here.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

Its only you being unhelpful.

I asked for anyone with experience with using Command Blocks. All i got got from you was use "/fill" no elaboration on what your meant to do with it.
    If you want help give information and be nice. currently you have given us no information on what you are doing except trying to use command blocks for a spleef arena, and that you are doing it incorrectly. Based on that the best advice I can give you is to google it. Or say make sure you are actually inputting valid coordinates, which is probably less useful.

you can use the fill command to do it. (which has already been said in this thread)
    Spoiler: Minecraft wiki
    Show
    fill[edit]
    fill
    Restrictions
    Operator
    First introduced
    1.8 (14w03a)
    Fills all or parts of a region with a specific block.

Syntax
    fill <x1> <y1> <z1> <x2> <y2> <z2> <TileName> [dataValue] [oldBlockHandling] [dataTag]
    The fill command also has an optional alternate syntax when using the replace option:
    fill <x1> <y1> <z1> <x2> <y2> <z2> <TileName> <dataValue> replace [replaceTileName] [replaceDataValue]
    Arguments
    x1 y1 z1 and x2 y2 z2
    Specifies any two opposing corner blocks of the region to be filled (the "fill region"). May use tilde notation to specify distances relative to the command's execution.
    The blocks that make up the corners extend in the positive direction from the coordinates used to identify them. Because of this, the lesser coordinates of each axis will be right on the region boundary, but the greater coordinates will be one block from the boundary, and the block volume of the source region will be (xgreater - xlesser + 1) × (ygreater - ylesser + 1) × (zgreater - zlesser + 1). For example, 0 0 0 0 0 0 has a 1-block volume, and 0 0 0 1 1 1 and 1 1 1 0 0 0 both identify the same region with an 8-block volume.
    TileName
    Specifies the block to fill the region with. Must be a block id (for example, minecraft:stone).
    dataValue (optional)
    Specifies the block data to use for the fill block. Must be between 0 and 15 (inclusive).
    oldBlockHandling (optional)
    Must be one of:
    destroy - Replaces all blocks (including air) in the fill region with the specified block, dropping the replaced blocks and block contents as entities as if they had been mined.
    hollow - Replaces only blocks on the outer edge of the fill region with the specified block. Inner blocks are changed to air, dropping their contents as entities but not themselves.
    keep - Replaces only air blocks in the fill region with the specified block.
    outline - Replaces only blocks on the outer edge of the fill region with the specified block. Inner blocks are not affected.
    replace - Replaces all blocks (including air) in the fill region with the specified block, without dropping blocks or block contents as entities. Optionally, instead of specifying a data tag for the replacing block, block id and data values may be specified to limit which blocks are replaced (see replaceTileName and replaceDataValue below)
    If not specified, defaults to replace.
    dataTag (optional)
    Specifies the data tag to use for the fill block (for example, contents of a chest, patterns on a banner, etc.). Must be a compound NBT tag (for example, {CustomName:Fred}). Cannot be combined with the replaceTileName and replaceDataValue arguments.
    replaceTileName replaceDataValue (optional)
    Arguments are only valid when oldBlockHandling is replace. Cannot be combined with the dataTag argument.
    Specifies the block id and data of the blocks in the fill region to be replaced. If replaceDataValue is not specified, data value is ignored when determining which blocks to replace. If both arguments are not specified, replaces all blocks in the fill region.
    Result
    Fails if arguments are not specified properly, if the fill region is not rendered, if the block volume of the fill region is greater than 32768, if dataValue or dataTag are invalid for the specified block id, or if no blocks were changed.
    On success, changes blocks in the fill region to the specified block.

from here.
    from the wiki since you didn't look it up.
    We want
    fill <x1> <y1> <z1> <x2> <y2> <z2> <TileName> [dataValue] [oldBlockHandling] [dataTag]
    because we don't want to replace anything.
    look at
    Specifies any two opposing corner blocks of the region to be filled (the "fill region"). May use tilde notation to specify distances relative to the command's execution.
    so this means you want one corner of your spleef for point 1. And the second should be the opposite corner.

Then for dirt the tilename is
    minecraft:dirt snow it would be minecraft:snow
    you can ignore all of the other options as they are optional.

fill 1132 20 -700 1160 20 -800 minecraft:dirt
    Here is an example use of the command from a creative world.

If you want more help ask a question that isn't easily googleable.
    http://hypixel.net/threads/command-block-spleef.67519/ 3rd google result for "command blocks spleef arena".

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ettin in the Playground

I will nether end my deep, dark series of puns! I will search for more of them all the way to the middle of the Earth! Most people aether tolerate them, or wildly try to moon me, but then I just act mysterious!
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2014-11-02 at 06:45 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I will nether end my deep, dark series of puns! I will search for more of them all the way to the middle of the Earth! Most people aether tolerate them, or wildly try to moon me, but then I just act mysterious!
    Enderlord says, riding off into the Twilight, on this breezy Autumn day..

Eternal Frost.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Enderlord says, riding off into the Twilight, on this breezy Autumn day..

Eternal Frost.
    That was an awesome response. High five!
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    If you want help give information and be nice. currently you have given us no information on what you are doing except trying to use command blocks for a spleef arena, and that you are doing it incorrectly. Based on that the best advice I can give you is to google it. Or say make sure you are actually inputting valid coordinates, which is probably less useful.

you can use the fill command to do it. (which has already been said in this thread)
    Oh yeah Google it, the bane of anyone asking for help anywhere.
    Not sure what is needed beyond im trying to use a CMD block in a Spleef Arena and its not working. Only other thing that i now think of would be a large spoiler full of the failed attempts of code (which as i mentioned is mind-boggling ~ some people have no problem with code others are not so lucky)

from the wiki since you didn't look it up.
    Since i did actually look it up first before i asked here about Command blocks in general.

Yes I want to Fill a Arena and i also wanted help from anyone who had used Command blocks in general and what i got was jack all use.
    Next time i ask for advice i'll write a 3 page list of where i looked previously before asking on a Forum that i often post on.

Anyone have experience with using Command Blocks?

I am wanting to use one to refill a Spleef Arena that one of my friends is building on my realm but the code is mindbogling and i really dont know where to start. had a look on line but i can seem to find anything useful.
    That followed by

Use /fill.
    Or if the arena isn't just a solid box of blocks, /clone.
    Doesn't fit the bill of what i asked for in any shape other than a command to use.
    When you try making something many many times while following the instruction for it and it doesn't work repeatedly you tend to get fed up with repeatedly failing and ask for advice. Then you get give nothing useful which compounds how you feel on the matter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #1306

Complaining about help received is not an effective method of acquiring further help.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-11-02 at 09:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Doesn't fit the bill of what i asked for in any shape other than a command to use.
    When you try making something many many times while following the instruction for it and it doesn't work repeatedly you tend to get fed up with repeatedly failing and ask for advice. Then you get give nothing useful which compounds how you feel on the matter.
    Uhhh that is literally what you asked for. You use a command block with the fill command and it fills in the arena. That is the entirety of what you need to do.
    Sapo even told you how to use it.
    Saying that everything people are telling you is bad advice, when if you actually followed it you would be done already is pretty obnoxious.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

Complaining about help received is not an effective method of acquiring further help.
    I think Leon is a corporate executive.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

19. - Top - End - #1309

Sorry i even imagined to ask for help on a forum instead of Googling it. I shall let you all get back to what ever high and mighty tasks you were diverted from to answer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry i even imagined to ask for help on a forum instead of Googling it. I shall let you all get back to what ever high and mighty tasks you were diverted from to answer.
    You know, being passive-aggressive like that is usually considered even worse than just plain aggressive like you were before. At least I think it is; I could be wrong, since I'm bad with social stuff.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    You know, being passive-aggressive like that is usually considered even worse than just plain aggressive like you were before. At least I think it is; I could be wrong, since I'm bad with social stuff.
    Oh no, it's not you imagining it. It is.

If you still want help, I suggest specifying what you want, and then cutting off with the biting the hand that is trying to help.
    LGBTA+itP

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

I was just trying it a little bit and it wasn't working for me, though my experience with command blocks literally consists of the couple minutes I was trying it. It says on the wiki that fill is an op-only command, so maybe that's a problem? I couldn't make myself an op, though; the game didn't recognize the /op command. I don't know whether I'm considered an op on my single-player servers...

The line I put in the command block for testing was "fill 1250 56 -250 1200 56 -200 minecraft:snow" without quotes, and while that fills all the parameters the wiki says it requires I don't know if I needed more targeting data or something (as I said, this was literally the first time I tried anything with command blocks).

And Leon: you really will get better-quality help if you actually say what you've tried. You say you've read the stuff that has been linked for you, but that doesn't mean that you've been applying it correctly or that you've fulfilled all the necessary prerequisites.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    I was just trying it a little bit and it wasn't working for me, though my experience with command blocks literally consists of the couple minutes I was trying it. It says on the wiki that fill is an op-only command, so maybe that's a problem? I couldn't make myself an op, though; the game didn't recognize the /op command. I don't know whether I'm considered an op on my single-player servers...

The line I put in the command block for testing was "fill 1250 56 -250 1200 56 -200 minecraft:snow" without quotes, and while that fills all the parameters the wiki says it requires I don't know if I needed more targeting data or something (as I said, this was literally the first time I tried anything with command blocks).

And Leon: you really will get better-quality help if you actually say what you've tried. You say you've read the stuff that has been linked for you, but that doesn't mean that you've been applying it correctly or that you've fulfilled all the necessary prerequisites.
    On SP you should be op. What is the error it is giving you? (Open the command block and in the box on the bottom it will tell you an error if there is one)
    The format looks correct. Try using in chat /fill and change the parameters to see if you can get it to work that way.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    On SP you should be op. What is the error it is giving you? (Open the command block and in the box on the bottom it will tell you an error if there is one)
    The format looks correct. Try using in chat /fill and change the parameters to see if you can get it to work that way.
    It says "Unknown command. Try /help for a list of available commands." Using /help doesn't actually list /fill as an available command. The command doesn't work in chat, either, giving the same error.

This is on a modded Forge world, though I don't know why that would block vanilla console commands. /setblock works, so I guess he could just use a lot of command blocks all using that, but I don't know why /fill wouldn't, and /fill should be much faster and easier.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

Reminder: /fill is a 1.8 thing. It doesn't exist yet in 1.7, which is why I made my Fill Tool in the first place. [/self-advertisement]
    (Can't be used with command blocks, though, so it's of no use for this particular issue.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2014-11-04 at 03:55 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Reminder: /fill is a 1.8 thing. It doesn't exist yet in 1.7, which is why I made my Fill Tool in the first place. [/self-advertisement]
    That nicely explains why my attempt didn't work; I was using a 1.7.10 base below Forge.

I don't need the tool myself - I just felt that Leon was being needlessly hostile and thought that having someone else attempt to approach the same problem from the same angle might get around that.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    does anyone have any experiance in making banner designs at all? I've recently removed every peice of mycillium in the only mushroom biome on a world-bordered multiplayer server (save for a couple of stacks i am keeping for myself) and am in the process of repairing the island to repopulate with grass, as well as maybe some cows, oak trees, and villagers. And it'd be nice if i could have a banner to commemerate this victory, buuut i'm not that great at making them.

something simmiler to the Sporeggar tabard would be nice, but i'm not entirely sure how possible it is.
    If you still need this, I was messing around a bit with banner designs some time ago, and one banner I saved had a mushroom design on it; I changed the colors up a bit in the Banner Generator to make it closer to your example picture, so here's the link if you want it, with a guide on how to craft it and what/how many materials you need (sorry I couldn't get the yellow stripes inside the mushroom).
    Last edited by Emperordaniel; 2014-11-07 at 06:58 PM.

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Oh no, it's not you imagining it. It is.
    I already knew for certain that he went from being Aggressive to being Passive-Aggressive; I just don't know which is traditionally considered a worse attitude.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    If you still need this, I was messing around a bit with banner designs some time ago, and one banner I saved had a mushroom design on it; I changed the colors up a bit in the Banner Generator to make it closer to your example picture, so here's the link if you want it, with a guide on how to craft it and what/how many materials you need (sorry I couldn't get the yellow stripes inside the mushroom).
    oohhh, not bad, much better then the more phallic mushroom design i saw before. thanks!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Bugbear in the Playground

So how's that "Dont Kick the Bukkit" thing working out? Can the server update yet?