New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [OPT] OoC: the Other Ponythread RP

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Hrm. One thing I should be asking right now is whether the beings that are imprisoned in Tartarus are busy being chained and tortured and stuff, or whether they are going to actively help in defending it. It might come i handy at the inevitably villianous monouloge.
    As a general rule, the Wardens (like the giant silver elk man) and the actual prisoners either cannot activly help in defending, but there's a army of guards (harpies, centaurs, cyclops, ect.) to deal with the demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

So, is anypony else afraid now that professor trigger happy is here?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Suddenly, a portal opens up overhead and spits out a small floating cube with speakers on all sides. As the cube begins blaring out music, dozens more portals open, from which massive airships emerge. The largest airship then projects a huge holographic image of a blue-maned grey unicorn in a lab coat.

Filles and gentlecolts, fret no longer, for I, the great PROFFESSOR BOFFINSPARK have retur- *splort*

A bowl of unidentified mush flies from offscreen and lands on the professor's head, followed by the sound of a toddler giggling.

Gahboom!
    *sigh* Note to self, do not live broadcast dramatic proclamations until the foals are older. Igor, end transmission!
    Didn't he use the Alicornification retro virus on himself in the Original RP, that I should remind you we are in canon with?

...Please keep godmodding to a minimum.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-10-04 at 05:05 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So, is anypony else afraid now that professor trigger happy is here?

Didn't he use the Alicornification retro virus on himself in the Original RP, that I should remind you we are in canon with?

...Please keep godmodding to a minimum.
    Yes, however, due to how it reacted with the Phoenix DNA he had spliced himself with, Boffinspark didn't grow wings so much as developed the ability to sprout temporary wings.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154

Yes, however, due to how it reacted with the Phoenix DNA he had spliced himself with, Boffinspark didn't grow wings so much as developed the ability to sprout temporary wings.
    Okay. Don't forget to make Char Profiles.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

For those who weren't present for the original Ponythread RP, I've dug up the character profiles for Boffinspark and company.

Professor Boffinspark, former student of Princess Celestia and current mad scientist. Based in his small fleet of airships, the professor divides his time between performing dangerous experiments and firing off barrages of friendship blasts from his OFC network. Over his long and frequently bizarre career, the professor been the archenemy of Silent Night and his cult, spliced his DNA with that of a phoenix, married Princess Pyria of the Fire Elementals, and most recently fathered a pair of half-fire elemental alicorns.

Igor, Professor Boffinspark’s assistant, is an orangutan granted genius-level intelligence through one of Boffinspark’s early experiments. Having somehow gained exceptional hand-to-hoof combat skills, Igor serves as the professor’s muscle when he encounters problems that can’t be solved via orbital bombardment. While normally Igor’s vocabulary is restricted to the “ooks” common to his species, occasionally he’ll use the airship’s computer as a translation device when he feels the need to make himself heard.
    One word of warning, don’t ever refer to Igor as a “monkey”. Seriously, don't.

Prince Regeln is known throughout Canterlot as Princess Celestia’s personal assistant; however, what few ponies know is that he is in fact a centuries old dragon, hatched and raised by Princess Celestia herself, and he has served the Princesses since before Luna became Nightmare Moon. More recently, Regeln has found himself assigned to Professor Boffinspark as an overseer, in hopes that Regeln can prevent the professor from causing Equestria any long-term damage. To say the prince is unhappy with his current assignment would be a gross understatement.

Princess Pyria of the Fire Elemental Kingdom is Boffinspark’s wife, having met him while trying to apprehend her wayward younger sister, Infernia. While moderately more reasonable than her trigger-happy husband, Pyria seems to have difficulty with concepts such as restraint, or the idea that ponies don’t react well to beings that descend from the sky in flames while yelling at the top of their lungs.

Octy originated as part of a ninja cloning program started by Professor Boffinspark to provide him with an army of readily disposable minions that could be deployed against Silent Night’s cult members. Unfortunately, according to the professor, such a cloning program is bound to occasionally produce “genetic anomalies”, which in Octy’s case means a giant Pinkie Pie/Octopus monster. Rather than dispose of the monstrosity, Boffinspark used her in several experiments regarding unstable “Pink One” energy, causing Octy to grow to enormous size and emit energy waves hazardous to undead and eldritch abominations. While normally friendly, if somewhat terrifying, Octy has on several occasions demonstrated a fierce sense of protectiveness towards her “father”.

Trigger Happy and Cleansing Flame, the most recent additions to this insanity, are the twin foals of Boffinspark and Pyria. Being barely toddlers, they don't tend to do terribly much.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

I assume that most of Boffensparks weaponry is based at least somewhat on the smae positive energy the elements of harmony use? I assumed that from the pictures. It's somewhat important.

Also, Pokonik, measured in gods, how powerful would you say that cyclops is? It's the only reliable measurement to find out who'll win this encounter we have at this point.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-10-04 at 08:13 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

I assume that most of Boffensparks weaponry is based at least somewhat on the smae positive energy the elements of harmony use? I assumed that from the pictures. It's somewhat important.
    According to Professor Boffinspark, the Orbital Friendship Cannon array (which is what the second image bomb was), operates by absorbing ambient "friendship radiation" and coalescing it into a directed energy blast, theoretically mimicking the Elements of Harmony.

My Homebrew

Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

According to Professor Boffinspark, the Orbital Friendship Cannon array (which is what the second image bomb was), operates by absorbing ambient "friendship radiation" and coalescing it into a directed energy blast, theoretically mimicking the Elements of Harmony.
    Hooray that means I don't have to edit my post any more.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, Pokonik, measured in gods, how powerful would you say that cyclops is? It's the only reliable measurement to find out who'll win this encounter we have at this point.
    It's effectivly immune to magic, but it would have the fighting skills of, say, a level 20 swordsage for the point of figuring it in DnD terms. Giving that it's a twenty foot tall elephantine chimera beast, it's in epic tiers, really.

So, like two gods worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    It's effectivly immune to magic, but it would have the fighting skills of, say, a level 20 swordsage for the point of figuring it in DnD terms. Giving that it's a twenty foot tall elephantine chimera beast, it's in epic tiers, really.

So, like two gods worth.
    Which meens my group can take it

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

So, like two gods worth.
    Hrm. Looks like this demon is at a disadvantage, then. He's using arcane magic (because he's a demon of pride, which are the only ones who do that), and might take a while before realising that this does not work at all. The average demon of lower rank, which are all that this army contains except for the leader and the demons of lust (which are those big things in the sky) are about 1 to 3 deities strong, so I suppose your guy will win, before being inevitably overrun if he doesn't get any help.

Have I mentioned how much fun it is to make up your own species of demons and determining all of their exact abilities?
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-10-04 at 08:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Hrm. Looks like this demon is at a disadvantage, then. He's using arcane magic (because he's a demon of pride, which are the only ones who do that), and might take a while before realising that this does not work at all. The average demon of lower rank, which are all that this army contains except for the leader and the demons of lust (which are those big things in the sky) are about 1 to 3 deities strong, so I suppose your guy will win, before being inevitably overrun if he doesn't get any help.
    Like say, Me, the MM6, two summond dragons, two champion level digimon, and a rookie level digimon who is cononically stronger than both combined?

The ones who just poerted in and attacked the demon army, fivw minutes before you made your post?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, one thing I should mention. If you guys are only attacking the cannon fodder mooks, I'd like you to write those scenes yourself, unless I chime in with something. It's going to be difficult enough already juggling the bigger fights all on my own.

Like say, Me, the MM6, two summond dragons, two champion level digimon, and a rookie level digimon who is cononically stronger than both combined?

The ones who just poerted in and attacked the demon army, fivw minutes before you made your post?
    Well, the army is spread out pretty big, covering miles and miles of territory by now. It's an invasion force, after all. There should be more than enough demons around to keep everyone at least somewhat occupied.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-10-04 at 08:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Oh, one thing I should mention. If you guys are only attacking the cannon fodder mooks, I'd like you to write those scenes yourself, unless I chime in with something. It's going to be difficult enough already juggling the bigger fights all on my own.

Well, the army is spread out pretty big, covering miles and miles of territory by now. It's an invasion force, after all. There should be more than enough demons around to keep everyone at least somewhat occupied.
    two of the attacks were made against your Pride demon, and the Elements and five headed Dragon were used against the lust demons, so reactions would be appreciated.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

two of the attacks were made against your Pride demon, and the Elements and five headed Dragon were used against the lust demons, so reactions would be appreciated.
    Goodness, it's late at night here and I'm trying to keep up. Also, when did they teleport to the pride demon? That's only a small, specific part of the Tartarus-spanning battlefield.
    Though I'll make a small reaction to the attack on the lust demons ASAP.

16. - Top - End - #166

Goodness, it's late at night here and I'm trying to keep up. Also, when did they teleport to the pride demon? That's only a small, specific part of the Tartarus-spanning battlefield.
    Though I'll make a small reaction to the attack on the lust demons ASAP.
    Only my Charaters are there. I was working under the asumtion that the Lust Demon's were in the same locarion as the Pride demon.

If they are not, then you can redirect Lucemon and Dorugamon's attacks to them. I'm pretty sure that with My PC's abilliities, once we get through them, the canon fodder should not take to long.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Only my Charaters are there. I was working under the asumtion that the Lust Demon's were in the same locarion as the Pride demon.

If they are not, then you can redirect Lucemon and Dorugamon's attacks to them. I'm pretty sure that with My PC's abilliities, once we get through them, the canon fodder should not take to long.
    I don't think I'm making myself quite clear. These demons are a large amount of Tartarus like a bee-swarm. It's a very big area, and the lust demons would probably be the only thing you could make out reliably in the chaos.

18. - Top - End - #168

I don't think I'm making myself quite clear. These demons are a large amount of Tartarus like a bee-swarm. It's a very big area, and the lust demons would probably be the only thing you could make out reliably in the chaos.
    So, havin ng the crusaders Partners evolve to the Ultimate level(Who on average, primarry attacks with a level of destruction equivalent to a nuclear detonation) would be a good thing to happen soon?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

So, havin ng the crusaders Partners evolve to the Ultimate level(Who on average, primarry attacks with a level of destruction equivalent to a nuclear detonation) would be a good thing to happen soon?
    Probably, yes.

*Makes note to heighten leader's power level to 500 deities.*

Anyway, I'll be going for today. I'm tired now, and it'll be of no use if I can't keep up even a minimum of quality in my writing. Nighty Night.

20. - Top - End - #170

Just out of couriosity, how many Lust Demons are present at that particular section of Battle field?

Because if it's more than five, then Im'ma tell ya, Lucemon'll be going Chaos mode pretty quick, and chaos mode is canonically stronger than 6 high end megalevel digimon combined(Mega levels are about 10-50 times stronger than the ultimate levels)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Just out of couriosity, how many Lust Demons are present at that particular section of Battle field?

Because if it's more than five, then Im'ma tell ya, Lucemon'll be going Chaos mode pretty quick, and chaos mode is canonically stronger than 6 high end megalevel digimon combined(Mega levels are about 10-50 times stronger than the ultimate levels)
    There are currently five guarding the entirety of the battlefield. They're somewhat big. More of them might be in reserve, though.

On another note, Crimson, I should mention that these demons vanish into thin air when they are killed. They have no natural physical forms, and just dissppear in a puff of evil when killed.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Battle started without me

Ah well, prepare for one really long post about the Drakoran's kicking some demonic plot.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

There are currently five guarding the entirety of the battlefield. They're somewhat big. More of them might be in reserve, though.

On another note, Crimson, I should mention that these demons vanish into thin air when they are killed. They have no natural physical forms, and just dissppear in a puff of evil when killed.
    ...well, crap. Now I have to figure out how to have Rarity disguise herself as a live demon without getting obliterated by one of Boffenspark's beam weapons. Thanks for the heads-up, though.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post
    ...well, crap. Now I have to figure out how to have Rarity disguise herself as a live demon without getting obliterated by one of Boffenspark's beam weapons. Thanks for the heads-up, though.
    If she can make out members of my group, then she's probably in distance of us. we could pick her up in a round or two.

"Hey, why did this one leave a body?"
    "I don't know pinkie. lets poke it!"

Now, what the hell is Other Rarity?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground

If she can make out members of my group, then she's probably in distance of us. we could pick her up in a round or two.

"Hey, why did this one leave a body?"
    "I don't know pinkie. lets poke it!"

Now, what the hell is Other Rarity?
    Hah! Unintentional puns are gooooo!

EDIT: I've edited my IC post to reflect the lack of corpses.
    Last edited by Crimson Doom; 2013-10-05 at 08:43 AM.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Hrm. I seems that some people think that impostor guy is the leader of the demons. Is that just IC or OOC too? He's just the leader of the small platoon attacking the cyclop's position, in any case. More like him will appear.

Anyway, big response post coming up soon. Just give me some time.

27. - Top - End - #177

Hrm. I seems that some people think that impostor guy is the leader of the demons. Is that just IC or OOC too? He's just the leader of the small platoon attacking the cyclop's position, in any case. More like him will appear.
    all of them Pride Demons?

Because an other Pride demon for a one on one fight with Lucemon would be awesome.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Anyway, big response post coming up soon. Just give me some time.
    Well, then the demon's deception is working against Fanrir.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

all of them Pride Demons?

Because an other Pride demon for a one on one fight with Lucemon would be awesome.
    Pride, Gluttony, I've got them all! Maybe the young gentleman wants some sloth to go with it? We have demons of all sizes and types here at Ponythread RP, and that's not just some shady offer for your soul, I give you my personal guarantee! some people say I'm crazy to give demons away at these prizes, but I say I can go lower!

So yeah. She'll have one. Don't you worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Well, then the demon's deception is working against Fanrir.
    He's not actually trying to deceive anyone. I just assumed that battles like this were going on all around Tartarus, and that this one is simply the one we're focusing on.

Large scale battles are difficult to portray.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-10-05 at 09:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Pride, Gluttony, I've got them all! Maybe the young gentleman wants some sloth to go with it? We have demons of all sizes and types here at Ponythread RP, and that's not just some shady offer for your soul, I give you my personal guarantee! some people say I'm crazy to give demons away at these prizes, but I say I can go lower!

So yeah. She'll have one. Don't you worry.
    Lucemon is a he.

Pride Demons would work best. when Lucemon enters Chaos Mode, he is reclassified from an Angel type Digimon to a Demon Lord type Digimon, and is one of the Seven Great Demon Lords, all of whom are assosiated with a Judo-Christian demon, a celestial body, and one of the seven deadly Sins.

Lucemon Chaos mode is associated with the Sun, and the sin of Pride.(I already said what demon he's assosiated with. note that This Lucemon is nothing like his name sake)
    I get the metal image of a pride demon managing to bypass the defensis on the group and almost hurting Sweetie Bellemental. the attack on his partner, his friend, his Pride would be enough for Lucemon to get over his hang ups and mode change, at least long enough to punish the attacking demon.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks