New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [OPT] OoC: the Other Ponythread RP

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Lucemon is a he.

Pride Demons would work best. when Lucemon enters Chaos Mode, he is reclassified from an Angel type Digimon to a Demon Lord type Digimon, and is one of the Seven Great Demon Lords, all of whom are assosiated with a Judo-Christian demon, a celestial body, and one of the seven deadly Sins.

Lucemon Chaos mode is associated with the Sun, and the sin of Pride.(I already said what demon he's assosiated with. note that This Lucemon is nothing like his name sake)
    I get the metal image of a pride demon managing to bypass the defensis on the group and almost hurting Sweetie Bellemental. the attack on his partner, his friend, his Pride would be enough for Lucemon to get over his hang ups and mode change, at least long enough to punish the attacking demon.
    Hrm. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll just write in a pride demon that rushes in for an attack at some point. You'd have to let him through, of course, but if you want we can do that scene.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Hrm. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll just write in a pride demon that rushes in for an attack at some point. You'd have to let him through, of course, but if you want we can do that scene.
    I'm picturing a Pride Demon sneaking up on my group, Projectile attacking. The attack would have hit Sweetie, but Lucemon intercepts, transforms, and lays the unholy smacketh down upon the arrogant fiend that dared to attack his partner.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm picturing a Pride Demon sneaking up on my group, Projectile attacking. The attack would have hit Sweetie, but Lucemon intercepts, transforms, and lays the unholy smacketh down upon the arrogant fiend that dared to attack his partner.
    You got it. I'll have the main force of the demons who can actually do any sort of harm to you guys attack in my next post. Now, to write all that stuff down.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

4. - Top - End - #184

Alabenson. you should probably;y specify which Giant Lust demon you were targeting. cause there are five, and I'm pretty sure that I may have just killed that first one.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

100 god-tier demons attacking? Well, looks like some more of the Drakoran's are going to die.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabenson. you should probably;y specify which Giant Lust demon you were targeting. cause there are five, and I'm pretty sure that I may have just killed that first one.
    Ah, in that case assume that I was targeting the one furthest from Boffinspark's current air battle.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    100 god-tier demons attacking? Well, looks like some more of the Drakoran's are going to die.
    assuming that professr crazy doesnt kill most of them, leaving just enough for a few one on one fights before the boss fight.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

assuming that professr crazy doesnt kill most of them, leaving just enough for a few one on one fights before the boss fight.
    I keep forgetting that your characters are perfectly capable of killing multiple gods on a daily basis. I'm starting to feel like my characters are out of place in this thread

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hrm. Would you please give me a chronological description of how this attack works out in the OOC thread? I don't think I get it.
    Fanrir fires his corrsbow bolt and then begins a swing with his sword. He then teleports next to the demon and finishes the sword swing, decapitating it and finishing it off with the crossbow bolt. After that, Xander activated the emergency teleportation Rater put on Fanrir and teleported Fanrir outside the gates or Tartarus.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

I keep forgetting that your characters are perfectly capable of killing multiple gods on a daily basis. I'm starting to feel like my characters are out of place in this thread

Fanrir fires his corrsbow bolt and then begins a swing with his sword. He then teleports next to the demon and finishes the sword swing, decapitating it and finishing it off with the crossbow bolt. After that, Xander activated the emergency teleportation Rater put on Fanrir and teleported Fanrir outside the gates or Tartarus.
    That's exactly what I wrote, too. I don't think I actually needed the explanation, after all. Oh well.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Just for everyone's information, I'll be waiting for my next post until Javed gets an answer from the disguised Rarity.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Out of interest, should Xander attack those 100 demon gods or will they come to him?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

I forgot, was Xander with the cyclops or with Rater's group?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

I forgot, was Xander with the cyclops or with Rater's group?
    Xander is on his own somewhere on the battlefield but has moved up between the 100 demon gods and the other groups.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Xander is on his own somewhere on the battlefield but has moved up between the 100 demon gods and the other groups.
    I could have some demons attack him directly, then, depending on how many you want. They're spreading out and attacking most major targets right now.

Also, they're not gods. They're actually some of the lowliest members of this species, which in retrospect is starting to sound like something right out of the immortals handbook.

15. - Top - End - #195

I could have some demons attack him directly, then, depending on how many you want. They're spreading out and attacking most major targets right now.

Also, they're not gods. They're actually some of the lowliest members of this species, which in retrospect is starting to sound like something right out of the immortals handbook.
    So, in game raters soul eating abillity adds the raw power of the entities he consumes to his own. with the souls of the mortal wicked(Like the dragons) doing so takes time.

With evil spirits, such as say demons, it's more or less instant.

Just what would be the power increse from eating say a dozen imps and one of those lust demons?

Hypothetically speaking

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Whatever you want, just want to have Xander see some action. Also, would it be possible for the demons to have had a hand in Xander falling to the War Zeal? It would make more sense than him just randomly losing control. And yes, Xander does need to fall to the War Zeal for him to be willing to do anything.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

So, in game raters soul eating abillity adds the raw power of the entities he consumes to his own. with the souls of the mortal wicked(Like the dragons) doing so takes time.

With evil spirits, such as say demons, it's more or less instant.

Just what would be the power increse from eating say a dozen imps and one of those lust demons?

Hypothetically speaking
    Well, from the imps he wouldn't get much. They are essentially created by dividing a normal demons soul into millions of seperate pieces, resulting in these much less powerful but easily controllable minions. He'd gain pretty much jack from one, and need to absorb half of the masses currently in Tartarus for anything noticeable.

As for the lust demons, they would be worth a lot. Not entirely sure how much, but they are very much the stupid but powerful brutes of their kind. SO yeah. A lot.

However, these demons consist in large parts of living thoughts and desires, so absorbing one of them would probably have side effects. IC, Rater wouldn't be aware of this, of course, so he might even try. I certainly didn't expect this possibility. Might lead to an interesting story somewhere down the road.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Whatever you want, just want to have Xander see some action. Also, would it be possible for the demons to have had a hand in Xander falling to the War Zeal? It would make more sense than him just randomly losing control. And yes, Xander does need to fall to the War Zeal for him to be willing to do anything.
    Hrm. Some demons of wrath might want to edge him on with a few telepathic suggestions. It's their usual strategy, as it strenghtens them at the same time as it makes their enemies unable to think strategically. That sound alright?

19. - Top - End - #199

Well, from the imps he wouldn't get much. They are essentially created by dividing a normal demons soul into millions of seperate pieces, resulting in these much less powerful but easily controllable minions. He'd gain pretty much jack from one, and need to absorb half of the masses currently in Tartarus for anything noticeable.

As for the lust demons, they would be worth a lot. Not entirely sure how much, but they are very much the stupid but powerful brutes of their kind. SO yeah. A lot.

However, these demons consist in large parts of living thoughts and desires, so absorbing one of them would probably have side effects. IC, Rater wouldn't be aware of this, of course, so he might even try. I certainly didn't expect this possibility. Might lead to an interesting story somewhere down the road.
    well, I could see in game rater being influenced by the sin associated with the demons in question, and since his true spirit form is based loosely on the spirits from the NWOD he could probably gain the abillity to influnce lust in others, though in Rater's case that lust would not be one for the pleasures of flesh, but some other type of Lust, probably one for power.(My in game self as no sex drive, and is the kind of person who gains new powers and plays around with the because he's bored)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Hrm. Some demons of wrath might want to edge him on with a few telepathic suggestions. It's their usual strategy, as it strenghtens them at the same time as it makes their enemies unable to think strategically. That sound alright?
    That could work. I mean, it's Xander concentration and willpower that let him control the War Zeal.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

well, I could see in game rater being influenced by the sin associated with the demons in question, and since his true spirit form is based loosely on the spirits from the NWOD he could probably gain the abillity to influnce lust in others, though in Rater's case that lust would not be one for the pleasures of flesh, but some other type of Lust, probably one for power.(My in game self as no sex drive, and is the kind of person who gains new powers and plays around with the because he's bored)
    These lust demons are explitly not based merely on sexual lust, but any desire for pleasure and joy. However, lust for power would be something that would be mroe of the domain of a demon of greed. A demon of lust would rather influence him into becoming a sort-of Caligula type.

22. - Top - End - #202

These lust demons are explitly not based merely on sexual lust, but any desire for pleasure and joy. However, lust for power would be something that would be mroe of the domain of a demon of greed. A demon of lust would rather influence him into becoming a sort-of Caligula type.
    I think it would take two or three dozen for the influence to get that bad. especially when you consider that the soul eating power only works on evil spirits and the souls of the wicked, and thus has built in capabilities to prevent that sort of thing in the first place(The demons being made of corrupt thoughts and desires being the only reason they could influence him at all)

I'm thinking maybe "Gets bored easier, so he gives himself new paowers to play around with more often."

Half the powers my in game self has are because he likes having powers.

and of course, he only get's power from soul eating, not skills or memories, so that might make the influencing bit irrelevant.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it would take two or three dozen for the influence to get that bad. especially when you consider that the soul eating power only works on evil spirits and the souls of the wicked, and thus has built in capabilities to prevent that sort of thing in the first place(The demons being made of corrupt thoughts and desires being the only reason they could influence him at all)

I'm thinking maybe "Gets bored easier, so he gives himself new paowers to play around with more often."

Half the powers my in game self has are because he likes having powers.

and of course, he only get's power from soul eating, not skills or memories, so that might make the influencing bit irrelevant.
    Hrm. Well, I wasn't saying that it would happen immidiatly.

Though the influencing part would still be cause by him directly absorbing thoughts and ideals given living form. Even if he is defended against evil influences, I assume that would still have a noticeable effect.

24. - Top - End - #204

Hrm. Well, I wasn't saying that it would happen immidiatly.

Though the influencing part would still be cause by him directly absorbing thoughts and ideals given living form. Even if he is defended against evil influences, I assume that would still have a noticeable effect.
    noticeable, but not very big unless he ate a bunch in one go.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

noticeable, but not very big unless he ate a bunch in one go.
    Hey now. We're talking about equivalent of injecting pure curare into your veins for demonic influence here. No getting even more power without severe corruption for you.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-10-06 at 03:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Hey now. We're talking about equivalent of injecting pure curare into your veins for demonic influence here. No getting even more power without severe corruption for you.
    no memories meens no instincts. any abillities the lust demons posses that are not 100% innately passive would have to be learned. Learning to many to fast, before the demon's essence is properly intergrated, would severly increase the monor corruption.

On average, how old are the lust demons? because half that is how long it takes to completely integrate it's essence.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

no memories meens no instincts. any abillities the lust demons posses that are not 100% innately passive would have to be learned. Learning to many to fast, before the demon's essence is properly intergrated, would severly increase the monor corruption.

On average, how old are the lust demons? because half that is how long it takes to completely integrate it's essence.
    Their essence is completly integrated from the beginning. That is an integral part of this species of demons. They're beings which form a unison of a soul, and certain ideas and emotions.

Though if you really need to know their ages, they are 2756, 599, 10027 and 78. By which I mean to say, their ages vary wildly.

28. - Top - End - #208

Their essence is completly integrated from the beginning. That is an integral part of this species of demons. They're beings which form a unison of a soul, and certain ideas and emotions.

Though if you really need to know their ages, they are 2756, 599, 10027 and 78. By which I mean to say, their ages vary wildly.
    No, how long before their essence is permanently integrated into IC raters own essence.

Which won't be happening during play apparently.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

No, how long before their essence is permanently integrated into IC raters own essence.

Which won't be happening during play apparently.
    Hrm. I see. But yeah. If the time he needs is half the time a being has been alive for, it's hard to have him gain power by this method during actual RP, unless it is in his backstory.

Though if it's worth anything, the imps are much younger.

30. - Top - End - #210

Hrm. I see. But yeah. If the time he needs is half the time a being has been alive for, it's hard to have him gain power by this method during RP, unless it is in his backstory.

Though if it's worth anything, the imps are much younger.
    Raw power s almost instant, at least for spiritual entities such as demons.

Actual abilities need to be developed by trial and error, which gets easier as the essence is properly integrated.

In this case, developing powers absorbed from the lust demons would greatly increase the risk of becoming corrupted.

and the power He would gain is only about half(Sometimes less) of the raw power of the being he absorbs, weather he get's the power increase instantly or over the course of years.

compared to what I've already got, in my true form at least, that's a drop in a bucket

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks