New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XV:

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Street Outside NO]

The front entrance of NO opens, and a certain well dressed drow strolls outside. He casually approaches the robot. (who can't be on a street, by the way, because NO is some ways outside of any city limits on the side of a mountain. There's no doubt a road, though.)

"Well hello there, tin man. I hear you're offering some kind of bargain out here. And I see your the one to talk to about this, so please, tell me more about it." Kirk says with a perfectly sincere smile.
    "Firstly, I don't appreciate being insulted. Second, you're an employee of NO. I'm not allowed to talk to you."
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Room

"Ha! I'm glad I don't come from a culture who have that practice or I'd be called Dena Umber-slayer or something like that." Dena replies with a chuckle. "But why does a paladin like yourself work want to work as a mercenary?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

((Edited last post for proper location.))

[Street Outside Inside Office]

"Really now? You're not?" Kirk says. He starts to circle around the robot, looking it up and down, sizing it up.

How is the robot structured? How large is it? Is it armed? Particularly armoured? What is there to it besides that it's a robot?

Despite Kirk's examination, he doesn't seem to have any ill intent, however. At least, not evident in his demeanor. "I can't see the harm. Just because we're apparently part of competing organizations doesn't mean that we can't speak on friendly terms."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Edited last post for proper location.))

"Really now? You're not?" Kirk says. He starts to circle around the robot, looking it up and down, sizing it up.

How is the robot structured? How large is it? Is it armed? Particularly armoured? What is there to it besides that it's a robot?

Despite Kirk's examination, he doesn't seem to have any ill intent, however. At least, not evident in his demeanor. "I can't see the harm. Just because we're apparently part of competing organizations doesn't mean that we can't speak on friendly terms."
    It's about seven feet tall, and mostly covered in a shiny off-white metal. The face is a smooth mask. The few exposed areas around the joints are sheathed in some sort of organic-looking grey substance. There are no visible weapons.

"Not as part of the organisations. I would be willing to converse as an autonomous individual."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

"If I don't limit myself to one organization, I can do more good. I get to pick and choose what I wish all while having a larger pool of Quests to choose from." Aequitus points out, still sipping his tea.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    It's about seven feet tall, and mostly covered in a shiny off-white metal. The face is a smooth mask. The few exposed areas around the joints are sheathed in some sort of organic-looking grey substance. There are no visible weapons.

"Not as part of the organisations. I would be willing to converse as an autonomous individual."

"Sure, sure. Well, let's see." Kirk stops in front of the robot again and his eyes drift to the sign it's projecting. "How about we chat about this sign. Man, whoever came up with this tactic? I mean, whoever's in charge of this organization sure is a grade A prick, eh? What do you think? I'm asking you as an autonomous individual, of course." Kirk says in an entirely friendly tone.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

[Tunnels]

"We seem to be getting somewhere," Dipsnig says. "We still have a mass of rats to get through, but it seems they won't be spreading so much disease around when we do something with them."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #38

Main Room

Dena decides to put away the pen for a moment and try a sip herself. "So a lone knight fighting the hordes of darkness. I think I heard that in a fairy tale before, and the guy in the pictures looked just like you. So I suspect you must be some children's book come true. That happens in the nexus you know?" She states with a grin. Of course, Dena's thoughts probably aren't suited for anything children should read.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

The tea is a light flowery tasting one.

Aequitus gives a wry smile at the story book comments. "Perhaps I did, but it wouldn't be a children's book. See, where I come from, we've lost the fight." He admits with a small sigh, still smiling slightly as he stares into his cup of tea. "There are a couple strongholds left, but overall, the majority of the population has been taken over my The Darker Races and Cyber-Drags. I was sent here due to...reasons."

10. - Top - End - #40

Main Room

"Darker races?" Dena asks, "darker races" usually that meant drow among other things but considering he seemed to have an easy time with her, she was guessing no. "And that's sad to hear."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

[Base, All Offices and Common Area]

An announcement has been posted in all NO offices the common area, as well as the main base.

ATTENTION, EVERYONE:

NO has signed an exclusive security contract with Trog's Tavern and the Black Dragon's Den. The deal is as follows:
    • Every NO member or license holder will receive a commission for any heist, robbery or other attack they help to stop.
    • No negotiating the commission during an attempted attack.
    • Compensation for NO members who try to stop an attack that ultimately succeeds.
    • Participating in a robbery of either of the two places is now grounds for revoking the license.

Last edited by Morty; 2013-09-30 at 12:24 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Common Building - Recreational Area

Ashley smiles a little. "I suppose so. They might not turn up here, but it'll happen eventually."
    "Might I ask who it is, if it isn't too private?" he asks.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Just a friend," Ashley says. She's lying a little, and Krayger might notice that.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Common Building- Recreational Area

"Alright then. I can tell them you're looking for 'em if you'd like." he says. He gives a friendly smile which only looks a little off due to his bovine features.

15. - Top - End - #45

"Sure, if they let you know I'm looking for them," Ashley says.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Common Building- Recreation Room

Krayger scratches his head a bit. "You've lost me there."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

"The Shadowling Hordes, The Pale Ones, Chasm Orcs and other similar beings. They united with the Cyber-Dragons to help take down the rest of us." He admits sadly. "I'm going to be staying at Dragon's Den tonight if you'd like me to show the story there. I plan to use it as payment for the back room."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-09-30 at 05:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Main Room

"You're going to pay with a story? That must be something alright, hadn't figured you for a bard as well. Now I just ought to figure out what you're supposed to wear at a storytelling. A schoolgirl uniform?" Age appropiate at least.

19. - Top - End - #49

Common Building - Recreation Area

"Sorry, let me reword that." Ashley sighs a little. "Her name's Ally. If you meet her, could you tell her I'm looking for her?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Common Building- Recreation Area

"Sure. Human, I assume?" he asks.

21. - Top - End - #51

Main Room

A half elf wearing a violet trench coat, black skirt, leather boots and gloves walks into the main room. Her emerald green eyes survey the room.
    She strolls up to the desk
    I would like to get a license.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-09-30 at 06:41 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

"An evening of entertainment is surely worth the few credits that it'd take to pay for the room." Aequitus suggests. "Though, admittedly, this is a sadder story." He says as he stands and stretches. "Is there anything else you need to know? If not, I can give you a ride over."

23. - Top - End - #53

Common Building - Main Room

"Yeah. She has long red hair and hazel eyes, bit shorter than me. Hard to miss her," Ashley says.

24. - Top - End - #54

Main Room

"Ha, not really. Can you wait for me to get changed though? Don't want to show up in black dragons den like this." Dena asks.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sure, sure. Well, let's see." Kirk stops in front of the robot again and his eyes drift to the sign it's projecting. "How about we chat about this sign. Man, whoever came up with this tactic? I mean, whoever's in charge of this organization sure is a grade A prick, eh? What do you think? I'm asking you as an autonomous individual, of course." Kirk says in an entirely friendly tone.
    "All the texts I have access to indicate that lowering your price is the best way to get customers to move to you. I admit that it takes some nerve to station me here with the sign, but it's not like the master is weak enough to be scared of doing so."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh you could maybe call him strong or brave for putting you here, but I think I can come up with a few more accurate words." Kirk says, not elaborating but the message should be clear.

"Listen, buddy. Take my advice and get out of here. And when you do, go tell your boss that we don't appreciate his attitude. Got that?" Kirk says, suddenly not so friendly.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-10-01 at 12:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

"This is a public street. I will do no such thing. Also, your thinly veiled threat has been noted and the concealed security detail is on alert. This is your warning. Action against me will provoke armed response."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk shrugs. "Fine. Do what you will. Don't say I didn't warn you." The drow heads back into the office. From inside, he'll observe the robot for a short while to see what it does. If it sticks around, he grabs his phone and makes a call.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

It does indeed stay where it is.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

In that case, a couple hours later, a group of six brutish orks head toward the NO office. they pause to loo at the robot, but continue inside anyway. There's a bit of a ruckus from inside, and it sounds like something gets broken, but soon the orks come outside again.

The group circles around the robot, each at least as tall as it and twice as wide. "You do werk cheaper dan dem." The ork directly in front of the robot speak, pointing at the NO office.