New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MERC XV: All In One Package

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Building]

Dipsnig will give him Ashley's telephone number and place of residence, which I think his player might know better than I do.

"Like I said, she's quite competent and professional. She's done some work both as a member and license holder."
    Ekwensu nods and makes a mental note. Then he shifts in his seat, steeples his fingers, and smiles in a conspiratorial manner that says the real business is about to begin. We have recently accepted a problem to solve for a great deal of money. I have decided that the best way to spend some of that capital is to obtain any sort of intelligence and information that could help with future jobs. To that end, we would like to hire MERC to conduct reconnaissance on Remnant, the Irregulars, Riverside law enforcement, and, to a lesser degree, HALO and Watchtower. Emergency response times. Operational procedures and tactics. Equipment and vehicle specifications. Photographs of bases, video of actions, maps of patrol routes, even personnel dossiers if you can get them. That sort of thing.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building]

Dipsnig leans back in his chair, and his ears perk up.

"That's a rather tall order. Obtaining information on those places and people that aren't already common knowledge is tricky. You know that the Nexus tends to make people with any sort of power rather paranoid."

[Dipsnig's Office]

Fade can find the cranky goblin there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #993

[Main Building]

Of course it is tricky. If this were something easy I would be talking to a journalist, not the Mercenary Espionage and Reconnaissance Corporation. When he puts it like that, it's kind of like a challenge to the organization's professional pride. I would expect you to be quite skilled at covert intelligence gathering. You are the experts here, and you will be paid as experts, but you and I both know I am not asking the impossible. What would a reasonable fee be?

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door - Main Building]

"I'm afraid that would be unfair to your poor friend. No, I prefer to stay above the rabble." Kirk waves a dismissive hand and turns away from the pair by the door. He steps back into the main room and seats himself comfortably in a chair. "You'll inevitably tire of your playthings and end up back with me anyway." He looks at her expectantly, his expression hard to read otherwise.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Building]

Dipsnig leans back in his chair, and his ears perk up.

"That's a rather tall order. Obtaining information on those places and people that aren't already common knowledge is tricky. You know that the Nexus tends to make people with any sort of power rather paranoid."

[Dipsnig's Office]

Fade can find the cranky goblin there.
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Fade knocks and assuming Dipsnig is inside he goes in.

"Hello, I got some information that seem to have to do with the 'king of rags' mentioned on the wall."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building]

"Oh, we'll certainly do what we can," Dipsnig says confidently. "But our price will be steep. The job being what it is, we'll ask you to pay us for every piece of intel we get. We'll accept money, of course, but if you'd rather pay with other services, that will be acceptable as well."

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Well then, tell me about it," Dipsnig says, motioning for Fade to sit down and preparing to write down his story.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #997

[Dipsnig's Office]

"I went to wildside for the king of rags contract. After some time I saw five spiderlike creatures." A description vollowa "They started making a cocon in the middle of the forest. I listebed to them. They said their King ordered them to keep an eye on this area, looking for 'traitors'."

Fade makes a break.

"That's all I found out. Sadly I have to assume more will come."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig frowns and rests his forehead on his hands. Some creepy fey showed up, having been told by their "king" that they're to look out for "traitors". He somehow doesn't think it's a coincidence.

"Yes... I think it might be what I'm looking for. It fits. And the traitors they're looking for are probably goblins like me, and orcs and hobgoblins. Long story. Either way, good work."

9. - Top - End - #999
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Training Room]

"Likes me, sure." Kirk peers down at the Pokemon. "I'm not sure that a creepy stare is a sign of affection. I hope you're not planning on getting more of these. I think you're too young to be a cat lady."
    Espurr looks over at Dena, and makes a noise at her. It seems to want something. It does not appear to have anything more to say to Kirk at this time.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Dena chuckles at Kirk's claims of wanting to stay above the rabble but as he takes a seat she gives him a curious look. "Hey now, Sarcadian is no ones plaything Kirky, least of all mine. Unless of course I'm supposed to call all women you been with 'playthings'?" She meets his gaze thinking he's acting rather childish at the moment.

[Training Room]

"What? 93 is too young?" Dena muses as she kneels down to take a closer look at the Espurr. "Besides, this will actually have a practical use unlike a cat if I can just train it... so what do you want?" The drow asks as she looks at the pokemon intently. "Food?"

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Dwarf in the Playground

Training Room

The Espurr nods, before opening it's mouth a little to show a pair of small fangs. It will then follow Dena if Dena leads.

12. - Top - End - #1002

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig frowns and rests his forehead on his hands. Some creepy fey showed up, having been told by their "king" that they're to look out for "traitors". He somehow doesn't think it's a coincidence.

"Yes... I think it might be what I'm looking for. It fits. And the traitors they're looking for are probably goblins like me, and orcs and hobgoblins. Long story. Either way, good work."
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Fade listens silent as usual.

"So what's next?"

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"I'll forward your payment. Feel free to try and obtain more information," Dipsnig says. "Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out what to do with what I've got and wait for more."

[Returning]

Having encountered nothing in the Grounds, Dipsnig and Rilla are now returning, riding on Kullervo's back.

"I suppose that the monsters in the Hunting Grounds heard that the Nexus's greatest mercenary and greatest genius are both there, and decided to stay low," the goblin quips.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

[Returning]

Rilla smiles, "I'll choose to believe that, certainly. I just hope whatever chose to pass up on us doesn't start chewing on the plate I planted out there." she slips off Kullervo's back, her pack looking a bit emptier, and she takes off her glesses, "Thank you. It means a lot that you went out to help me with that."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Training Room - Main BuildingSophia can be found here, clad in a sports bra, white shorts, and barefoot, her clothing showing off her extremely athletic physique as she punches and kicks a punching bag, practicing her martial arts skills.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"I'm afraid that would be unfair to your poor friend. No, I prefer to stay above the rabble." Kirk waves a dismissive hand and turns away from the pair by the door. He steps back into the main room and seats himself comfortably in a chair. "You'll inevitably tire of your playthings and end up back with me anyway." He looks at her expectantly, his expression hard to read otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Dena chuckles at Kirk's claims of wanting to stay above the rabble but as he takes a seat she gives him a curious look. "Hey now, Sarcadian is no ones plaything Kirky, least of all mine. Unless of course I'm supposed to call all women you been with 'playthings'?" She meets his gaze thinking he's acting rather childish at the moment.
    "Oh," Sarcadian says, with genuine surprise. He shoots Dena an inquisitive look, uninterested in whether or not he's Dena's plaything. "This one is your lover?" He honestly thought... hm...
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1007

[Dipsnig's Office]

"I'll forward your payment. Feel free to try and obtain more information," Dipsnig says. "Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out what to do with what I've got and wait for more."

[Returning]

Having encountered nothing in the Grounds, Dipsnig and Rilla are now returning, riding on Kullervo's back.

"I suppose that the monsters in the Hunting Grounds heard that the Nexus's greatest mercenary and greatest genius are both there, and decided to stay low," the goblin quips.
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Fade nods.

"While we are on it, is there a possible chance to get a sword as a payment? Not sure if you noticed it, but the solar eclipse weakened me more then i though." Dipsnig might have notice or get told about the shadows roaming through the halls of MERC a while ago. (none reacted to it so I don't know if anyone noticed it)
    "I don't know a blacksmith that migh help me so I guess your more informed of those things."

Fade got two swords on his side. One, Dipsnig should know, is a totally normal sword he took from the armory of Merc(if such a thing exists). The other one is Fade's normal sword, Fade never drawed in the past.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Returning]

Rilla smiles, "I'll choose to believe that, certainly. I just hope whatever chose to pass up on us doesn't start chewing on the plate I planted out there." she slips off Kullervo's back, her pack looking a bit emptier, and she takes off her glesses, "Thank you. It means a lot that you went out to help me with that."
    Dipsnig also dismounts, takes the saddle off the wolf's back and lets him rejoin his family in the beast pens.

"Don't mention it. After all, you're helping me out with my own problem in the first place. But yes, hopefully the monsters will leave your devices alone. I'd rather not go back there or send anyone."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Fade nods.

"While we are on it, is there a possible chance to get a sword as a payment? Not sure if you noticed it, but the solar eclipse weakened me more then i though." Dipsnig might have notice or get told about the shadows roaming through the halls of MERC a while ago. (none reacted to it so I don't know if anyone noticed it)
    "I don't know a blacksmith that migh help me so I guess your more informed of those things."

Fade got two swords on his side. One, Dipsnig should know, is a totally normal sword he took from the armory of Merc(if such a thing exists). The other one is Fade's normal sword, Fade never drawed in the past.
    Dipsnig shrugs.

"Not a problem. I'll arrange for something. Are there any particular traits you want the sword to have?"

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Pixie in the Playground

[Directly outside Dipsnig's Office]
    Dipsnig shrugs.

"Not a problem. I'll arrange for something. Are there any particular traits you want the sword to have?"
    It took him a few days time at most to track down any information related to what happened in the deep wood. Word of the "King of Rags" was not as well known as he'd originally hoped. Suscipio never really liked being in extremely populated areas to begin with, though tedious effort got him little success in finding more information. Apparently, talk of the "King of Rags" was thrown around in the local Tavern not too long ago, and ultimately led him here: the doorstep of the famed Dipsnig Razertooth. Though skeptic at first, the members of MERC directed Suscipio to his office when he arrived.

Finally. They said he was a goblin, I believe. I haven't dealt with many before. They don't much like humans from what I remember. Wait, no, was that a different race? Ugh! How hard does it have to be to remem—

Thoughts stopped midway as Suscipio neared the door. Voices. It seemed that he was already meeting with someone. Cautiously, he moved to knock lightly on the door, clearing his throat.

"Please excuse my intrusion," he said, after a few quick knocks on the door. "I was looking for a Dipsnig Razortooth and was told this is where I could find him. I've information I believe he might be inclined to hear."
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-04-30 at 02:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1010

[Main Building]

"Oh, we'll certainly do what we can," Dipsnig says confidently. "But our price will be steep. The job being what it is, we'll ask you to pay us for every piece of intel we get. We'll accept money, of course, but if you'd rather pay with other services, that will be acceptable as well."
    If you would like to establish a bank account, for each piece of intel you send us I will wire you [amount of money proportional to both how useful Reynard finds the intel and how difficult it was for MERC to obtain it]. As for services... if you have any problems you would like solved in exchange for information of great detail and advantage, we would find that arrangement perfectly acceptable. Ekwensu doesn't think Dipsnig has anyone he'd want to assassinate, but who knows? Not that assassination is the only thing their group does, by far.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Dipsnig also dismounts, takes the saddle off the wolf's back and lets him rejoin his family in the beast pens.

"Don't mention it. After all, you're helping me out with my own problem in the first place. But yes, hopefully the monsters will leave your devices alone. I'd rather not go back there or send anyone."

Dipsnig shrugs.

[Dipsnig's Office]

"It should be a longsword and if possible magical enchanted. I don't got any special thoughts about what kind of enchantments. I only would dislike a dark blade." Fade replies. Before someone knocks on the door. He doesn't react to it and just look at Dipsnig. Maybe he is waiting for someone.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Building]

"Very well. Once I obtain some information for you, I'll let you know whether I'll need cash or services," Dipsnig says.

[Dipsnig's Office]

((Couple of things here, Solidarity. I'm not sure if you've read the guidelines on what we call godmodding. If you haven't, you can find them here, along with other sorts of advice. Long story short, players decide what happens to their own characters, but we don't get to say what other people's characters say or do. It's not that important here, since someone would have directed your character to Dipsnig anyway, but it's something to keep in mind.))

Dipsnig nods to Fade, and then someone knocks on his door.

"Yeah, come in."

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entranceway]

Rilla will move over to give Dipsnig a kiss, "I'd better go set up the aetheric array interface. I'll make sure to save logs every 24 hours so that we can review fluctuations, and I'll notify you directly whenever something important comes up." Unless stopped, she'll head down to her lab, not wanting to waste another moment.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Espurr looks over at Dena, and makes a noise at her. It seems to want something. It does not appear to have anything more to say to Kirk at this time.
    [Training Room]

"What? 93 is too young?" Dena muses as she kneels down to take a closer look at the Espurr. "Besides, this will actually have a practical use unlike a cat if I can just train it... so what do you want?" The drow asks as she looks at the pokemon intently. "Food?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Training Room

The Espurr nods, before opening it's mouth a little to show a pair of small fangs. It will then follow Dena if Dena leads.
    [Training Room]

"Yes it is, especially if I'm going to have to put of with swarms of cats." Kirk eyes the Pokemon again. And she has to pick the creepiest looking cat he's ever seen to top it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Oh," Sarcadian says, with genuine surprise. He shoots Dena an inquisitive look, uninterested in whether or not he's Dena's plaything. "This one is your lover?" He honestly thought... hm...

Kirk waves away Dena's comment with a dismissive flick of his wrist. "Maybe, maybe not." The drow narrows his eyes at the prince, none too impressed with that question, apparently. "Yes, in fact. I am."

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]
    ((Couple of things here, Solidarity. I'm not sure if you've read the guidelines on what we call godmodding. If you haven't, you can find them here, along with other sorts of advice. Long story short, players decide what happens to their own characters, but we don't get to say what other people's characters say or do. It's not that important here, since someone would have directed your character to Dipsnig anyway, but it's something to keep in mind.))

Dipsnig nods to Fade, and then someone knocks on his door.

"Yeah, come in."
    ((Wasn't referencing any characters in particular at all. Apologies.))

Opening the door to the office, Suscipio gives a slight nod to both people in the room. Looking toward the goblin, he straightens up a bit to speak.

"I've some information related to a 'King of Rags' I understand you might want to know about. I'm assuming I've the right person?"

26. - Top - End - #1016

[Dipsnig's Office]

Fade is a tall man. He got black hair and shining yellow eyes. He wears something that could be seen as several layers of Rags. He wil place himself at the side of Dipsnig's table. Maybe with those informations, he can get another point to search for more. And maybe this guy si one of those seeking ther traitors.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig leans back in his chair, peering at the newcomer.

"You do. The bounty was posted for the members and license-holders of our corporation. Do you have our license?" he asks.

[Entranceway]

"Good luck," Dipsnig says after kissing Rilla back. He then heads inside the base himself to rejoin continuity.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig leans back in his chair, peering at the newcomer.

"You do. The bounty was posted for the members and license-holders of our corporation. Do you have our license?" he asks.
    His brow furrows slightly. Suscipio relaxes, regarding the goblin with a bit less trepidation.

"It's good to have found you." he starts. "I've been having some trouble piecing together what information I could scrounge, though I was unaware of any bounty. I've no license to speak of, however, truly I wasn't expecting any reward for bringing you information. Might I assume I would need said license to delve deeper into the matter, after I tell you what I've seen? Or could one simply assist you, with no eye for coin?"

Closing with a grin, he silently evaluates the man next to Dipsnig.

An assassin, perhaps? Nice to see familiar eyes. Somewhat at the very least.

The man's dark and shadowy clothing does spark some pretty recent memories from in the woods, but Suscipio buries the thought.

29. - Top - End - #1019

[Dipsnig's Office]

Fade remains silent in the room neither did Dipsnig call him out or the other guy wished him outside so he stands their. He will remain silent unless directly talked to, for now.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

"I put out a bounty on any information about the King in Rags to my people," Dipsnig says. "But if you want to help to me for free, I won't stop you. What have you learned?"