New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XV:

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    I successfully planted and led a small village for three years before...moving on.
    Though if that's not concrete enough I could perform a task for NO, if you'd like.
    Dipsnig shrugs.

"If you could provide me with some sort of proof about your experience and accomplishments with that village that apply to mercenary work, it might be acceptable. Otherwise, I can try to find something for you to do."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig shrugs.

"If you could provide me with some sort of proof about your experience and accomplishments with that village that apply to mercenary work, it might be acceptable. Otherwise, I can try to find something for you to do."
    Aric reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small, leather-bound journal. This book has been waterlogged, heated and abused to the point of making the pages rather brittle and warped, but it is still readable. It covers the three years, the questions he was asked, how he dealt with him. All of the troubles and achievements of the villagers. But about halfway through the diary...it cuts off.I don't know if this will suffice, but it's worth a shot.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2013-10-04 at 07:35 AM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Street Outside Inside Office]

((What posting order?!))

"I do not know why we are not affected. As for names... I am unit Alpha-seven-five-nine-two-two. My brothers are Beta-nine-nine-three-five-seven-six-eight through Beta-nine-nine-three-five-seven-seven-three."
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Streets Outside NO's Inside Offce

The Magbot continues to spasm. The truck's headlights flicker on and off, and the engine rumbles every now and then, even though it's not going anywhere. Not much else to say here, though. Feel free to skip/godmod them until something happens to change the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

[Street Outside Inside Office]

((If you post twice before someone else in the same scene has posted once, you're breaking posting order. That's all there is to it.))

Kirk wrinkles his nose, but certainly doesn't intend to make a comment. Of course, that damnable imp takes care of that for him. Kirk gives the camera a little shake to shut the imp up before stowing it away again. "Sorry about that. Kirk Locke is the name. Lieutenant of NO."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Street by Inside NO Office

"Right. Let me just take down names..." he says, scribbling down notes, and grumbling about how ten syllable names are horrendously unfair. "I'm going to track the edges of this jammer field. Everyone stay put."

Assuming no one stops him, and everyone stays put, Peacekeeper Gyps will walk around with his tablet until he finds the point where his computer starts working again. He marks the street and sidewalk with chalk to delineate the field. If he's allowed to continue uninterrupted, he should have a good idea of where the centre of the field is. That might point out the robot responsible.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Aric reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small, leather-bound journal. This book has been waterlogged, heated and abused to the point of making the pages rather brittle and warped, but it is still readable. It covers the three years, the questions he was asked, how he dealt with him. All of the troubles and achievements of the villagers. But about halfway through the diary...it cuts off.I don't know if this will suffice, but it's worth a shot.
    "Looks like you did keep the village together for three years," Dipsnig says, reading through the journal. "That takes a good head. Why did you quit the job?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Yes, but I'm sure it has contracts for bodyguards and other related jobs too.
    Common Building- Recreation Area

"Sure, but not many jobs require that kind of firepower. NO doesn't often like messy kills."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

"Sure, but not many jobs require that kind of firepower. NO doesn't often like messy kills."
    Oh please, I'm not limited to explosive rounds. Armor piercing, incendiary, flechette, regular...
    She lists of various ammo types.
    And the gun is really just a better-made sniper rifle.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #130

[Common Building- Recreation Area]

((Yeah, I'm just going to go for it))

Lovejoy, looking out of breath and haggard, splay footedly waddles around the recreation area in dizzying lines, stopping every few paces or so to lean against something and catch his breath. Finally he waddles between Krayger and Valia and settles there, wiping sweat from his forehead.

Without looking to either of him he speaks, his words paced by his heaving breathing. "We're friends, we're talking, we're being jovial." He darts his gaze around the room rapidly as if looking for someone. Satisfied, by apprehensive he looks between the two. Lovejoy spies Valia's rifle and mutters under his breath "No taste at all"

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh, you okay, kid?" asks the minotaur. His weapons are all stowed in his satchel.

12. - Top - End - #132

"Looks like you did keep the village together for three years," Dipsnig says, reading through the journal. "That takes a good head. Why did you quit the job?"
    Aric winces, Well, my village had one, important artifact. We were very secluded in the woodlands and thought nobody knew about it. One man did, however.
    In the middle of the night, Zane Darkstar burned down the entire village, stole Thorinsgaet and left me, the only living soul in the wreckage.
    I now have a dagger which is infused with fearblaze, taken from the flames eating the village apart.
    At this he taps a sheathed foot-long blade at his side. Murynstil stays pearlescent no matter what it has absorbed, but after soaking in the dark fire, it has turned black.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

"Uh, you okay, kid?" asks the minotaur. His weapons are all stowed in his satchel.
    [Common Building- Recreation Area]

Lovejoy sizes up the Minotaur. Nope, still not used to seeing stuff like that. "Yes, everything is peachy. Copacetic. Kosher. I merely have the lung capacity of an asthmatic five year old, it's very troubling." Lovejoy chuckles nervously at his own joke.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Aric winces, Well, my village had one, important artifact. We were very secluded in the woodlands and thought nobody knew about it. One man did, however.
    In the middle of the night, Zane Darkstar burned down the entire village, stole Thorinsgaet and left me, the only living soul in the wreckage.
    I now have a dagger which is infused with fearblaze, taken from the flames eating the village apart.
    At this he taps a sheathed foot-long blade at his side. Murynstil stays pearlescent no matter what it has absorbed, but after soaking in the dark fire, it has turned black.
    "Zane... I think I met him. An employer of ours hired him and some other idiot as well. They got themselves killed by the goblins of Underside, somehow. How did you survive his fire?" Dipsnig asks.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Recreation Room

Krayger crosses his arms over his bare chest. "Alright, kid, who's on your tail?"
    I mean really, the human's making it rather obvious.

16. - Top - End - #136

[Common Building - Recreation Area]

"Hey now..." Lovejoy responds with a chuckle, a goofy grin painted across his jagged face "...Don't brag, we can't all have tails" Lovejoy playfully nudges the minotaur. Here's hoping the minotaur is distracted enough by his quick wit that he doesn't pry any further. He takes another scan of the room.
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2013-10-04 at 05:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Recreation Room

"Our tails haven't done anything since pants were invented, and you're likely into some pretty weird stuff if you find one handsome, human. Also, you're bad at stalling." he says with a knowing smile.

18. - Top - End - #138

"Well comedy is subjective, apparently" Lovejoy nervously clears his throat and almost chokes. Now what was it you asked me, again?"

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post

"Well comedy is subjective, apparently" Lovejoy nervously clears his throat and almost chokes. Now what was it you asked me, again?"
    What your running from.
    Valia says, leaning on a table.
    Come on it's obvious. The way you're talking, the constant glances... Spill the beans kid, so to speak.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

20. - Top - End - #140

"Zane... I think I met him. An employer of ours hired him and some other idiot as well. They got themselves killed by the goblins of Underside, somehow. How did you survive his fire?" Dipsnig asks.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish... He mutters, I'm not fully sure. I had my shield, which blocked most attacks, but for the most part it didn't seem like he even tried. I couldn't get past the inferno around him, and he had no desire to close the gap. That was two years ago, I believe.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    What your running from.
    Valia says, leaning on a table.
    Come on it's obvious. The way you're talking, the constant glances... Spill the beans kid, so to speak.

"What's wrong with the way I talk!?" Lovejoy acts indignant. "If you must know I had a bit of a run in with security. As it turns out they're not receptive to criticism about their uniform. Mocha brown? I mean, I know you don't have to look at it all the time but fellas, spare a thought for the rest of us, eh? Am I right?" Lovejoy raises his hand, hoping for a high five, but not really expecting it.

With no high five received he stuffs his hand back into his pocket "On an unrelated topic, I don't suppose you fine folks would mind directing me to file storage? I want my name redacted from all the complaints about security uniform, lest my head be redacted from the rest of my body" Lovejoy laughs again, apparently extremely pleased with that last joke.
    Last edited by DJ Yung Crunk; 2013-10-04 at 06:43 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"And just what, should I ask, is the problem with brown?" says Krayger, whose coat is the color being referred to.

23. - Top - End - #143

"Nothing. Not with a rich, bold brown such as you are demonstrating. But mocha brown? It's passe, it's tepid, it's weak. It's a quitter's brown. Does this organisation want to imply it employs quitters?" Lovejoy nervously wrings his hands together, the last thing he wants to do is offend a minotaur. "Now about that archive?"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Krayger shrugs. "I doubt there even is one. If it is, it's a member-only building. Not us license-holders."

25. - Top - End - #145

"Don't worry about it" Lovejoy winks at the minotaur. No one mentioned anything about an influx of new files? Ever stumbled upon a flock of manilla folders? Curious paper planes? Anything will do, really."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Right. Let me just take down names..." he says, scribbling down notes, and grumbling about how ten syllable names are horrendously unfair. "I'm going to track the edges of this jammer field. Everyone stay put."

Assuming no one stops him, and everyone stays put, Peacekeeper Gyps will walk around with his tablet until he finds the point where his computer starts working again. He marks the street and sidewalk with chalk to delineate the field. If he's allowed to continue uninterrupted, he should have a good idea of where the centre of the field is. That might point out the robot responsible.
    ((Not actually sure who's in this scene any more. It's all gone complicated. I think it's 'Tok, Ghul and HT, but please correct me if I'm wrong.))

The Peacekeeper will find that the sphere does not, in fact, emanate from a robot. It's coming from under a manhole cover in the middle of the road.

On the horizon, a craft appears. It arrives very rapidly, and lands smoothly. Harald drops out of the pilot's seat.

"Units, synch please."

Seven holoscreens pop up around him. Each one has a video box and a lot of code streaming. He pulls up an eighth box and rewinds all of them to the time of the incident, examining each box in turn.

"Hmm. Interesting. Oh, to answer your earlier question, Peacekeeper, I equip all my robots with advanced shielding. There's not a jammer in the Nexus that can knock them out. Even the big ones will only cause a bit of a headache. Now, then... Mastermind, collate with nanobot and satellite data over the timeframe."

Two more panels pop up, and they all merge into one. Harald examines it closely,fingers dancing across the panel.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-10-05 at 02:22 AM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Main room

After Fade is done with his training he returns here. Looking for any kind oft interaction there might be.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Street by Inside NO Office]

Kirk stays put as requested, watching the Peacekeeper work. When Harald suddenly shows up, the drow raises an eyebrow at him, but doesn't comment verbally.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Presumably Peacekeeper Gyps has found the jammer under the manhole cover by the time Harald arrives. He'll look for a way to turn it off, but if that doesn't work, he'll try to break it by smashing a rock against it. If that doesn't stop the jammer, then he'll give up for now.

Whether he gets the jammer shut down or not, he stands up and approaches Harald. "I take it these are your robots. I appreciate your desire to drum up new business at your competitor's expense, but I'm going to have to ask you to take your demonstrations to the end of the street. It's too disruptive otherwise." He points to an intersection about 50 metres down the road. Still close enough for people approaching NO to see the robots, but not immediately in their pathway.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Good riddance to bad rubbish... He mutters, I'm not fully sure. I had my shield, which blocked most attacks, but for the most part it didn't seem like he even tried. I couldn't get past the inferno around him, and he had no desire to close the gap. That was two years ago, I believe.
    "Hmm." Dipsnig taps his fang. "Still not bad, given what I've heard about that guy's fire. I think you might have what it takes to be an NO member. A probationary one at first, of course."