New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,491 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum IC Two: Cool For School.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    [Rokoran's Lesson]

As everyone enters the lecture hall, a notebook floats up from a pile on the front desk and hovers in front of them until they pick it up. When everyone's here, Rokoran stands up, holding one of the books for everyone to see.

"These are your notebooks. You will bring them with you to every lesson and you will use them. Believe me, you will need to."

He puts it back on the desk.

"First question. Has everyone here had their Aura awakened?"

((I think that's the correct term.))
    Rip walks in with the rest of Team Kaiser, grabbing one of the notebooks and taking a seat. He marks his name on the inside cover before turning his attention to Professor Rokoran, though he remains silent at the instructor's prompt, considering that he's quite aware of his Aura. He looks forward to getting this class underway; even if they don't make much progress in this, their first meeting, he has a feeling that future engagements will prove highly productive.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Rokoran's Class

The other students forgotten, Hameth stiffens and begins mapping in earnest, riding the waves of nausea he suffered earlier.

Mogrym's Office

Hameth is wary, stiff, well aware of the arm tucked into a pocket, pointing something obviously lethal at him. I came to apologize, for my hypocrisy and presumption, as I mentioned over the earpiece, sir. I also wanted to return the equipment in question. He extends a hand, small mic resting in the center of his palm. He takes a deep breath. He can't quite find the words - or the courage - to take the leap into reassuring Mogrym that not all of them dismissed his lesson out of hand.
    Getting a detailed map of Aurum's aura, essentially his soul, is a task that'd have most anyone retching all over the ground or wincing in pain or horror. There's a whole bunch of nasty emotions constantly bubbling under Aurum's skin... Hate, Anger, Jealousy, Depression, Loneliness, all bundled up by an intense drive to cause pain and rule over others... All these terrible emotions are kept underneath a thick layer of cold-blooded detachment. Aurum is literally layers of hate bundled in an uncaring merciless mindset, topped off with no small amount of malicious sadistic intent... It's frightening, and certainly sickening. Right now, however, Aurum is gleeful. Which, actually, might be even more sickening. He appears to be completely at peace. Better than that actually. He'd be whistling if he wasn't required to be silent to be allowed to watch. He appears to be thinking about a few things that can be easily detected due to his weak aura. Currently he's thinking of having a conversation with Caelynn later, and his thoughts are on the continuation of experimentation upon himself regarding the magnetic metal he created... Of how sweet the scent of copper crimson would smell before all was replaced with the feeling of power. He was willing to slice himself to bits, all for power over others.

It's a twisted thing. A possible weakness. If his aura was music, it'd be this...

---

Mogrym takes a look at the mic in hand, and raises his metal limb to grab at the mic, his sharp cold fingers possibly thoroughly unpleasant against Hameth's skin. He pockets the device before removing the pistol from his coat, and setting it on the table with a bit more roughness than necessary. Ash you should be. You shpoke out of turn and undermined my lesshon, caushing the othersh to shimply follow your wordsh. I expect reshpect from a shtudent. Do you undershtand? Apology accepted.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Well, Hameth will be able to sense a few things out of the ordinary. In the corner of the room, somewhere in the back, a figure watches in the shadows. The figure does not have an awakened Aura, but does give off a very small bit of dark plum light that should be visible to Hameth's detection. He's watching, cleverly hidden, and taking notes.
    Cleverly hidden or not, he's not as unnoticed as he thinks.

"You at the back, hiding. Who are you and what are you doing in my classroom?"
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Cleverly hidden or not, he's not as unnoticed as he thinks.

"You at the back, hiding. Who are you and what are you doing in my classroom?"
    Aurum looks up from his papers and speaks, giving off an obviously fake smile. I am simply assessing the students in this class. I need to know the strengths of the students seeing as I am to build and provide suitably challenging mechanical Grimm to train said students. After all, it is my job. Go ahead and go back to yours, I won't interrupt. Pay no notice to me. I've permission and all. He glances back down to write at the papers, not really caring for a response.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    There was a long pause as Zira gathered herself from hearing that her old friend was dead. After a while, she finally spoke.

"Yes, I figured," she said. "That's my point. You were there when she left. You heard what I said to her. And now ... now I'll never get the chance to apologize. So don't go telling me what's complicated."

With that, she began to stalk off. There was plenty of chance for Barlowe to catch up with her, however.
    "You can't honestly think she ever held that against you..."

Barlowe watched her leave. He just couldn't win with that one. He'd gone toe to toe with some of the nastiest Grimm in the books with little more than his fists and a smile, but Zira knew how to shut him down like nobody else. He was absolutely powerless against her.

Ah, well. It could be worse. If she was going to focus on anything from that conversation, her parting words with Rayne were the least of his worries. If he was lucky, she would just have to make peace with it and move on. Then she wouldn't have to get mixed up in the rest of it.

He could hope, at least.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

[Amandus]

The Master of Transformation is remaining quiet, not out of any desire to be unheard, but because the pain from his foot eats words.

It is at least bandaged, so that was something he was able to swallow his pride over remaining stoic in the face of injuries about.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Aurum looks up from his papers and speaks, giving off an obviously fake smile. I am simply assessing the students in this class. I need to know the strengths of the students seeing as I am to build and provide suitably challenging mechanical Grimm to train said students. After all, it is my job. Go ahead and go back to yours, I won't interrupt. Pay no notice to me. I've permission and all. He glances back down to write at the papers, not really caring for a response.
    "Hey, can you make another of those scorpion things? That was fun!"
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Rokoran's Lesson]

It makes sense to Rip that Aurum has infiltrated their class, but it surprises him that he didn't bother to send someone else to do the job instead. He did notice someone unfamiliar in the room before he had taken his seat, but he had simply written it off as another student he hadn't met yet. The boy is clearly two steps ahead of him in many regards; the archer would probably just embarrass himself trying to get the drop on him. Rather than try to make a scene of it, he minds his own business and waits for the actual lesson to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Rip facepalms quietly at Kaden's outburst. (Please stop trying to draw his attention,) he thinks to himself, wishing he could say it aloud. (We've already had enough trouble without him looking for new ways to kill us...)
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-01-22 at 05:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Rokoran's Lesson

Kedra considered the question as she grabbed the notebook. Was she supposed to answer affirmative for herself, or was she supposed to answer for the entire class? Was it just to ask if SHE was awakened or awakened enough to tell if everyone is too? Uuugh, he probably means the former. Just write down that you are awakened, Mogrym's lesson is just making you paranoid.

Then she saw Aurum.
    "Oh come on..."
    She muttered to herself.
    "First the stupid scarred vet teacher with a dogma to throw around, and now the return of Tuxboy. Worst. First. Day. EVER."
    She continues muttering darkly as she sits down and begins writing, trying to ignore Aurum's existence.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rokoran's classroom

Are you now? Let's try breakfast again, shall we?

Hameth shifts his grip on the meat-puppet of Aurum's soul, searching for intentions, actions.
    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Hameth is specifically looking for "what Aurum is writing." Privacy? What's that?

Mogrym's office

Mogrym takes a look at the mic in hand, and raises his metal limb to grab at the mic, his sharp cold fingers possibly thoroughly unpleasant against Hameth's skin. He pockets the device before removing the pistol from his coat, and setting it on the table with a bit more roughness than necessary. Ash you should be. You shpoke out of turn and undermined my lesshon, caushing the othersh to shimply follow your wordsh. I expect reshpect from a shtudent. Do you undershtand? Apology accepted.
    Hameth shudders as the fingers scrape his palm, shadows of their implantation flickering across his memory. His face falls. I know that, sir. I... He sighs. I didn't mean for it to happen like that, but I asked about a highly painful memory without regard to context or consequences. I set off the Dust-keg brewing there and you paid the price. It won't happen again. He sneaks a glance up at the professor's scarred face, focusing on the organic eye. Thank you for listening. Feeling dismissed, he turns toward the door. At the door, however, he turns back, mouth working as though trying to spit something out. Kaden and Rip agree with you, sir. I heard them talking to their teams on my way over. And for what it's worth, so do I. He turns and leaves before his nerves get the better of him.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2014-01-23 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Aurum actually seems to look up and seriously pay attention to the question. Was fun... a good sign? Or did that mean the monsters were too easy? Hmm. He wasn't sure, but he was here for a reason. Though he probably shouldn't interrupt the lesson any further, it was Rokoran's time. As such, he very quietly responds. It is conceivable. Allocate with me after your classes. Perhaps you can offer suggestions, and if you're respectful about it, perhaps I may even consider your injunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Rokoran's Lesson

Kedra considered the question as she grabbed the notebook. Was she supposed to answer affirmative for herself, or was she supposed to answer for the entire class? Was it just to ask if SHE was awakened or awakened enough to tell if everyone is too? Uuugh, he probably means the former. Just write down that you are awakened, Mogrym's lesson is just making you paranoid.

Then she saw Aurum.
    "Oh come on..."
    She muttered to herself.
    "First the stupid scarred vet teacher with a dogma to throw around, and now the return of Tuxboy. Worst. First. Day. EVER."
    She continues muttering darkly as she sits down and begins writing, trying to ignore Aurum's existence.
    Aurum will effectively ignore her as well, just raising an eyebrow and jotting something down quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Rokoran's classroom

Are you now? Let's try breakfast again, shall we?

Hameth shifts his grip on the meat-puppet of Aurum's soul, searching for intentions, actions.
    Show
    Hameth is specifically looking for "what Aurum is writing." Privacy? What's that?

Mogrym's office

Hameth shudders as the fingers scrape his palm, shadows of their implantation flickering across his memory. His face falls. I know that, sir. I... He sighs. I didn't mean for it to happen like that, but I asked about a highly painful memory without regard to context or consequences. I set off the Dust-keg brewing there and you paid the price. It won't happen again. He sneaks a glance up at the professor's scarred face, focusing on the organic eye. Thank you for listening. Feeling dismissed, he turns toward the door. At the door, however, he turns back, mouth working as though trying to spit something out. Kaden and Rip agree with you, sir. I heard them talking to their teams on my way over. And for what it's worth, so do I. He turns and leaves before his nerves get the better of him.
    His intentions are quite simple at the moment. He's filling out Personality Assesment papers. On them he has a plethora of information dug up relating to each student and his or her family. Connections, "Pressure Points", Sexual Preferences, Opinion on Faunus, Possibly Blackmail Info. All that sort of thing. There's.... quite a lot of stuff written down already, but currently he's working on Kedra. He's currently writing in his beautifully spidery cursive, "Weaknesses: Temper, Lack of Judgement, "Hero" Complex, Insubordination, Bad Attitude, Strategic Incompetence." He has Strengths written by that, and currently there's, "Strengths: Possible Hunter Connections, Physical Prowess, Natural Leader, Likable." It's rather strange stuff, but it IS Aurum writing it.

---

Mogrym listens to the boy, his sour mood slightly improved. I'm impresshed by how you're handling thish. From what I shaw of you, I hardly figgered ye the type to apologize, nor the type with the ballsh big enough to confront me alone. That'sh admirable. But if you get yershelf in trouble again, there will be conshequencesh. He does take the information provided to heart, and will proceed to sit there and mull it all over...

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You don't have my permission, and this is my classroom. I neither need nor want your mechanical Grimm in my lessons, and as such you can assess in somebody else's class."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

"You don't have my permission, and this is my classroom. I neither need nor want your mechanical Grimm in my lessons, and as such you can assess in somebody else's class."
    Aurum is obviously not about to move. Your permission is irrelevant, sir. It is a requirement that I am to asses all students for their skills and feats in all areas. Combat, Aura, or otherwise. If you have a problem with me doing my job, write a formal complaint or something. Now PLEASE continue your lessons and pay me no notice. I wouldn't want to distract your younglings. He goes back to writing, certainly frustrated.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rokoran's classroom

His intentions are quite simple at the moment. He's filling out Personality Assesment papers. On them he has a plethora of information dug up relating to each student and his or her family. Connections, "Pressure Points", Sexual Preferences, Opinion on Faunus, Possibly Blackmail Info. All that sort of thing. There's.... quite a lot of stuff written down already, but currently he's working on Kedra. He's currently writing in his beautifully spidery cursive, "Weaknesses: Temper, Lack of Judgement, "Hero" Complex, Insubordination, Bad Attitude, Strategic Incompetence." He has Strengths written by that, and currently there's, "Strengths: Possible Hunter Connections, Physical Prowess, Natural Leader, Likable." It's rather strange stuff, but it IS Aurum writing it.
    Hameth starts copying down Aurum's notes, to be delivered to their targets later. Looking up, he decides to roll the dice once more. It's not like he's hurting anyone, yet. If he doesn't interfere with your job, I see no reason why he can't be allowed to do his. Still furiously writing, he scribbles "Aurum's notes" across the top of the page, in case of onlookers.

Mogrym's office

Mogrym listens to the boy, his sour mood slightly improved. I'm impresshed by how you're handling thish. From what I shaw of you, I hardly figgered ye the type to apologize, nor the type with the ballsh big enough to confront me alone. That'sh admirable. But if you get yershelf in trouble again, there will be conshequencesh. He does take the information provided to heart, and will proceed to sit there and mull it all over...
    Hameth nods in agreement. I broke things, in that class. The least I can do is try and fix it. He heads off towards Rokoran's, confident that a sort of peace between the two of them had been established.

Show
    And scene!
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

Aurum is obviously not about to move. Your permission is irrelevant, sir. It is a requirement that I am to asses all students for their skills and feats in all areas. Combat, Aura, or otherwise. If you have a problem with me doing my job, write a formal complaint or something. Now PLEASE continue your lessons and pay me no notice. I wouldn't want to distract your younglings. He goes back to writing, certainly frustrated.
    Kedra's eyes widened then narrowed. She mentally noted to act as if Faunus Girl Fancy didn't exist tonight. Then her mind began working: If he is assessing their strengths and weaknesses, it meant that she could not let him know about how her Aura actually works. It would be too easy for him to steal her armor or to go for her when she is vulnerable. Mogrym was one thing but Aurum entirely another. Mogrym has rules, Aurum doesn't. Aurum cares not for philosophy and will only see it as a weakness. Aurum would be entirely willing to kill her and all that she cared about if it meant winning.

She needed to come up with a plan fast. or he would devise a way for everyone within this classroom to die. and she needed to do it without him catching on.

Question is.....what plan? He had permission and everything...
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Kedra's eyes widened then narrowed. She mentally noted to act as if Faunus Girl Fancy didn't exist tonight. Then her mind began working: If he is assessing their strengths and weaknesses, it meant that she could not let him know about how her Aura actually works. It would be too easy for him to steal her armor or to go for her when she is vulnerable. Mogrym was one thing but Aurum entirely another. Mogrym has rules, Aurum doesn't. Aurum cares not for philosophy and will only see it as a weakness. Aurum would be entirely willing to kill her and all that she cared about if it meant winning.

She needed to come up with a plan fast. or he would devise a way for everyone within this classroom to die. and she needed to do it without him catching on.

Question is.....what plan? He had permission and everything...
    Meanwhile, Kaden is happily scribbling down notes under the heading Things I Want To Fihgt. The list is quite long, albeit poorly spelled.

If Rokoran attempts to catch her not paying attention, however, she will recite any part of his lecture verbatim. It may not look like it, but she is paying attention.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Dwarf in the Playground

"In that case, I will submit a report in full to you. I asked you nicely, now I'm telling you: get out."

He snaps his fingers. Aurum will be lifted up and chucked out of the door, which slams and locks behind him, unless he has some way to counteract Rokoran's Aura powers.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Bugbear in the Playground

"In that case, I will submit a report in full to you. I asked you nicely, now I'm telling you: get out."

He snaps his fingers. Aurum will be lifted up and chucked out of the door, which slams and locks behind him, unless he has some way to counteract Rokoran's Aura powers.
    Caelynn watches with glee, barely resisting laughing
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hameth is torn between amusement at the ballistic tycoon and annoyance that his source of intel has been bodily ejected from the room. He sighs lightly, completes the sentence, then tears off the page, folds it, marks it "For Kedra's eyes only, from Hameth" and stows it in a pocket.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Aurum has just a few sentences left before he's apparently bodily harmed. He seems a bit gleeful, as if he's somewhat enjoying taunting the professor, though really he'd just like to be left to his work. This needed to get done. Oh no, sir, you need not submit any sort of report to me. I have little power over you. However, I aquired my permission from The Headmaster, your higher-up. He won't like it that a professor of his is not letting others working for the greater good of the students and hunters here. So, kindly rethink your attitude befo- Well, with that, Rokoran effectively attacks and throws a disarmed and defenseless fifteen year old boy out the door and onto the stone ground outside.

Aurum lands outside on his arm in an awkward position. He'd grabbed his papers and held on tight with his left arm, but he'd landed on his right. The boy had fallen just right so that the arm he fell on is now twisted apart. A small bit of bone can be seen pecking through the skin. Aurum cries out in pain, but the door has already locked and closed behind him. He grits his teeth and fights back tears, formulating his next move. The Professor had used his own personal malice against Aurum to first stop him from doing his job, then attack and viciously injure and degrade the boy to the point where his arm was broken and the boy was in intense pain. Oh yes, that'll sound great to the faculties ears... Just a few little strings need to be pulled and I can make this very useful... He thinks to himself, before he tries to stand and groans in pain again. Eventually, the boy gets up and hugs his broken right arm tight. He'll pay a very quick visit to his room, where he deposits the writings, before moving off to the infirmary, looking as sorry and in as much pain as humanly possible....

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Rokoran's Sideshow Lesson]

Rip watches in disbelief at the events unfolding in the classroom. (Haven't these people ever heard of politics,) he wonders incredulously as Aurum is hurtled from the room. (If he takes this public, it won't matter if Rokoran's in the right or not: the Academy will be labeled an institution of maniacs and barbarians, and the headmaster will have no choice but to place the responsibility on him. He could be kicked out of the school or excommunicated from the Huntsmen, if not worse...)

Suddenly, a sound issues forth from one of the Shades in the class. Is he applauding Rokoran? Indeed he is, and several others soon join in, their claps resounding triumphantly at his deposition of Aurum. Rip would love to join in, but he can't possibly condone those actions, justified though they might have been; knowing that Mortemus is manipulative and cruel, the sniper believes that Rokoran may have just condemned himself and possibly all of Sanctum...

((New thread coming soon!!))