New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum IC Two: Cool For School.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Fair enough," said Kitty, laying down.

A pause. "....So, do you think adding a rocket launcher would be too much?"
    Yes. Good night.
    Cael turns to face the wall and hugs her Teddy-cat.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    We'll obliterate the Opposition literally. Not other students.
    "Well duh, why would we obliterate the other students?" Kitty said.
    Alexandra chuckles at her two friends, already feeling better. She watches them with a smile on her face before throwing her pillows at them. "You two couldn't 'obliterate' wet tissue paper!"

She then rolls over to go to sleep.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-09-30 at 01:40 AM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Alexandra chuckles at her two friends, already feeling better. She watches them with a smile on her face before throwing her pillows at them. "You two couldn't 'obliterate' wet tissue paper!"

She then rolls over to go to sleep.
    "I'll 'obliterate' you in a minute," Kitty said, sticking her tongue out at Alex. "Also, I have your pillows now."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274

Cael is rather tired and cranky, so that rasa bad move.
    *BANG*
    Cael lifts her arm and blasts the pillow with a shotgun round, using white dust to send it flying back at Alex's face.
    At least I can put a hole through the opposition.
    Now can I PLEASE get some rest!?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-09-30 at 01:55 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurum's Room

One holographic business meeting later, Aurum is sitting in bed, staring at his golden suit. He moves to it, and presses his hands on the cold metal. He places both gauntlets on, and chestpiece before moving to the mirror. He's down to his white collar shirt and pants, admiring his armor, how it was perfectly molded to his thin physique. He clenches his fists, familiar with his metal. These are the only friends I'll ever truly have. He breathes deeply, and slowly, still feeling insecure after the painful conversation he just endured. He looked good in the metal suit. My only friends are cold, unfeeling, and uncaring.

He takes off his glasses, and his vision becomes blurry. My body is weak. Breakable, prone to emotion, inadequate. He licks his lips and bites down, drawing a tiny amount of blood. Flesh is weak, and fragile, and... warm, and loving, and soft...

But I cannot be warm, and loving, and soft. I'm an adult. I'm professional. And... On the inside I'm rotten. I am cruel. I am selfish. I am sadistic. I am manipulative. I am evil.

And that's okay. It's okay... I'm okay...

With that, the boy collapses into tears, and lies in his bed, clad in metal, as classical music lulls him to fitful slumber.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Cael is rather tired and cranky, so that rasa bad move.
    *BANG*
    Cael lifts her arm and blasts the pillow with a shotgun round, using white dust to send it flying back at Alex's face.
    At least I can put a hole through the opposition.
    "I'll 'obliterate' you in a minute," Kitty said, sticking her tongue out at Alex. "Also, I have your pillows now."
    Alex repels the rebounded pillow with a smile. She then considered Kitty's words and smiles. She then leaps into Kitty's bed and wraps her in a big bear hug. "Now I have a body pillow!"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex repels the rebounded pillow with a smile. She then considered Kitty's words and smiles. She then leaps into Kitty's bed and wraps her in a big bear hug. "Now I have a body pillow!"
    "Gack! Well played," Kitty squeaked out.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #278

Cael walks over and grabs both of them
    and now I have a monopoly!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Gack! Well played," Kitty squeaked out.
    Alexandra chuckles as she snuggles into Kitty, stifling a yawn. She slowly dozes off as she says, "Night......sis." She then starts to snore.

10. - Top - End - #280

Cael falls asleep in the pile of teammates as well, after grabbing a blanket and pillow.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexandra chuckles as she snuggles into Kitty, stifling a yawn. She slowly dozes off as she says, "Night......sis." She then starts to snore.
    Cael falls asleep in the pile of teammates as well, after grabbing a blanket and pillow.
    "Gack! Can't ... breathe...." she said over-dramatically, a hand emerging from the glomp pile. But there was no response.

"....Girls?" And then the snoring started. They were asleep. She rolled her eyes and turned over to sleep herself. Her tail might tickle one of them by accident.

(Deadtiming in a few. There will be postage until then if anyone reacts. Also, I'm just going to assume Rebecca joins the pile, because it's cuter that way.)
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Kedra walks by while searching for a fourth teammate. it was really late by now. She notice the door was ajar and looked inside to see the cute sleep-pile. Noticing they were all asleep, she grins evilly then takes out her smartphone from a slot in her power armor and snaps a digital photo of the cute sleep pile. She then closes the door as silently as she could, to make sure no one else knew. What were friends for aside from looking out for them and snapping pictures that they can use to tease them with down the road?

It looks like she wasn't going to find anyone else tonight. Might as well hit the hay herself. At a certain point, everyone would be asleep and there would be no point in searching anymore. She wandered back to her own dorm, put the letter "R" next to "KK" as "RKK" at least now the team name could be pronounced ROCK. She liked that name. Rock was solid. and unyielding. though you never know. It might be altered further.

She then gone into it and gone asleep herself, curling up with her teddy-sapce marine.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "….Hm, kay, I'll go find someone, but I don't know who we will be able to get at this late stage. If I don't find someone tonight, we will be getting a random tomorrow"
    [DINING HALL -> DORMS, RIP'S ROOM (not for much longer)]

((Since Rip is still skeptical about how teams are being formed, I decided to have him stick to his own room for now.))

"Just remember," Rip cautions Kedra before she departs, "we don't know yet if Sanctum will give us any choice in our teams...So don't get your hopes up too much, in case it ends up being out of our hands. Good luck, and see you tomorrow." Once the two part ways, Rip enjoys a small bowl of pasta before retiring to the dorms again. He walks straight to his room, which feels depressingly vacant with only one person present. Lying down on the floor again, he shuts his eyes and tries to calm his nerves, hoping to get a decent night's sleep for the following day's evaluation...

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thebladeofchaos View Post
    I...had heard you know a thing or two about Auras....and...well, I was hoping you could help me out...as...well She scratched the back of her head at this point, sighing.

Apparently, I don't have my aura active yet
    His other eyebrow goes up.

"Really? Well, meet me in the Library after I've finished eating. I can activate your aura and give you a few pointers, although for the full lecture you'll have to wait until your first lesson with me."

((I'm going to timeskip to the Library, if you don't mind, because in the five pages since you posted everyone's done other stuff anyway.))

[Library]

"Ah, good, you're here. Come over."

He leans back in his chair and places the book he was reading on the desk. Both desk and chair are obviously made for him, because they're larger than standard to accomodate his height.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Randii grins, then cracks her neck.

Ready whenever you are.
    "Then, to battle it is!"

One flash later, a wolf-sized fox with bear claws in front is pawing the ground, harness shining brightly.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    I wouldn't block it... Like, really. That's the one thing I have going for me.

With a deep breath, Medi makes a quick motion and a larger sigil appears beneath his feet.
    Then let's GO!
    A large collection of energy appears in the barrel, intensifies for about a full second, and then blasts out with incredible force. (Think the SuperRoboLaser from the Black Trailer) It shoots straight at Silven, but given the time it took to charge and travel, she could easily dodge it without much trouble.
    She smiles, looking at the beam as she jumps to the side, rolling on the ground as she regains her balance. I'll give you credit, didn't think of that She spoke, swinging her sword down at her side. So far...just get used to that thing without needing the....whatever it was.

[Libary, Falcon]

Didn't think I'd be coming here for something like this She commented, walking towards him and sighing. Was it all...this simple? So erm...how exactly do you do this? I mean I don't exactly fancy any funny buisness at the moment

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Libary, Falcon]

Didn't think I'd be coming here for something like this She commented, walking towards him and sighing. Was it all...this simple? So erm...how exactly do you do this? I mean I don't exactly fancy any funny buisness at the moment
    ((Tip - location tags are in bold - it makes them easy to see when you're thread trawling))

"It's very simple."

He extends a hand, and a swirl of translucent silver coils around it. He touches Falcon's shoulder with a finger, and a spark of silver snaps across from him to her, activating her Aura.

"The common definition of Aura is that it's an extension of the soul. For more detail, you'll have to wait until lessons start. For now, it's enough for me to tell you that you just imagine what you want to happen and try and push it at the world, if that makes sense. I'm trying to put this in basic terms, so bear with me. Essentially, you can alter reality to your will, provided you have the strength and skill. You won't be able to do much to start with, but keep practicing and you'll get better."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    ((Tip - location tags are in bold - it makes them easy to see when you're thread trawling))

"It's very simple."

He extends a hand, and a swirl of translucent silver coils around it. He touches Falcon's shoulder with a finger, and a spark of silver snaps across from him to her, activating her Aura.

"The common definition of Aura is that it's an extension of the soul. For more detail, you'll have to wait until lessons start. For now, it's enough for me to tell you that you just imagine what you want to happen and try and push it at the world, if that makes sense. I'm trying to put this in basic terms, so bear with me. Essentially, you can alter reality to your will, provided you have the strength and skill. You won't be able to do much to start with, but keep practicing and you'll get better."
    She raised an eyebrow as the swirl ran around her, feeling...absolutely blight all. That...didn't really answer anything.... She admitted, now more confused then ever. Just...what does it actually do? I mean....Aura just seems like a fancy way of saying 'your this kind of fighter' so far.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Aura does anything you want, if you can imagine it, and make the world accept it. It's the last part that's tricky. To put it simply, Aura is the ability to make your imagination real."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

"Aura does anything you want, if you can imagine it, and make the world accept it. It's the last part that's tricky. To put it simply, Aura is the ability to make your imagination real."
    What...so your telling me....I could change who I am to some regard? She asked, crossing her arms as she thought it through. Like....make myself stronger...faster...or just....well..change things in general... She looked at Rokoran, raising her hopes up a bit, then the seriousness leaving her voice entirely for the next few words.

What if I imagined certain people missing clothes?

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The first part, to some extent. It is possible to boost your physical characteristics, but it is difficult and tiring. As for forced clothing-removal, it depends on your method. To simply vanish them is nigh-impossible. Even I can't force things to disintegrate spontaneously. Ripping them off with a teleotactile manifestation might be more feasible, however. Of course, that's all rhetorical. Actually putting that into practice would get you into a lot of trouble."

He grins momentarily.

"Now then... do you understand a little more now?"

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

"The first part, to some extent. It is possible to boost your physical characteristics, but it is difficult and tiring. As for forced clothing-removal, it depends on your method. To simply vanish them is nigh-impossible. Even I can't force things to disintegrate spontaneously. Ripping them off with a teleotactile manifestation might be more feasible, however. Of course, that's all rhetorical. Actually putting that into practice would get you into a lot of trouble."

He grins momentarily.

"Now then... do you understand a little more now?"
    I don't really but....it makes more sense then before She admitted once more, sighing again. But...well....would it be possible to...remove certain issues? She was wondering if there is something she could say to try and say what she wanted to ask without giving it all away. Like...I don't know...someone missing a leg....could he regrow it? It wasn't exactly what she meant, but considering her afflication was her and her alone, it was the closest she could get.

As for trouble...if I did, it'd be consentual.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[RIP'S SUBCONSCIOUS]

Despite having already had a nap earlier, sleep finds Rip rather quickly. Now, however, he finds himself posessed by memories of his home town and the family he left behind there...

Spoiler: Memories of Home
    Show
    Rip was born in a poor suburban community called Marsh, his parents farmers supplying the nearby city of Ridgeline. Their business was never great, thanks to creatures of Grimm constantly raiding their fields, but they managed to make ends meet by selling their yield in the city. When times got rough, though, the Vances could still put food on their table by hunting and foraging in the wilderness nearby. Unfortunately, these excursions were dangerous; one such trip cost his father, Aaron, his life at the talons of a Nevermore. After this staggering loss, Rip became withdrawn and spiteful in an act of self-preservation; it was only when he met his grandfather that everything turned around for him...

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

She smiles, looking at the beam as she jumps to the side, rolling on the ground as she regains her balance. I'll give you credit, didn't think of that She spoke, swinging her sword down at her side. So far...just get used to that thing without needing the....whatever it was.
    See! Pretty Cool! Just... hard. I've seen the thing punch through the wing of a Nevermore!

But... I guess finding the weight room wouldn't hurt. ^^;

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

See! Pretty Cool! Just... hard. I've seen the thing punch through the wing of a Nevermore!

But... I guess finding the weight room wouldn't hurt. ^^;
    Yeah, like I said, you get used to it, it'll be easy to use. it's just gonna take time and effort She smiled, cracking her neck. I mean, look at me for instance, I didn't begin as what you see here....it takes time and a lot of training

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, like I said, you get used to it, it'll be easy to use. it's just gonna take time and effort She smiled, cracking her neck. I mean, look at me for instance, I didn't begin as what you see here....it takes time and a lot of training
    When did you start training?

And why did you want to be a huntress?

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    "Then, to battle it is!"

One flash later, a wolf-sized fox with bear claws in front is pawing the ground, harness shining brightly.
    Randii grins, spinning her blade around in her hand as she takes her stance. The pincer goes back to a kite shield. Her bright blue eyes are focused intently on him.

Seems like she's waiting to see if he'll move first.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

When did you start training?

And why did you want to be a huntress?
    A few years back, I headed away from my family to lead my own life....something they weren't altogether happy with but accepted none the less. I took a year doing odd jobs before one of them was fighting monsters...seemed simple enough. After that, I just became an odd jobber.

Then it turned out that someone kidnapped my parents....and during the operation to save them, things went south....
    She paused, taking a breath as she tried to keep her composure. I'm the last of my line....and I hope to make sure no one else has to go through that

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

A few years back, I headed away from my family to lead my own life....something they weren't altogether happy with but accepted none the less. I took a year doing odd jobs before one of them was fighting monsters...seemed simple enough. After that, I just became an odd jobber.

Then it turned out that someone kidnapped my parents....and during the operation to save them, things went south....
    She paused, taking a breath as she tried to keep her composure. I'm the last of my line....and I hope to make sure no one else has to go through that
    There's a moment of silence as Medi takes that in, before stupidly deciding to try to break the pause.
    It's a shame you weren't from my family... They would've loved you. It's more than I can say about me...

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

There's a moment of silence as Medi takes that in, before stupidly deciding to try to break the pause.
    It's a shame you weren't from my family... They would've loved you. It's more than I can say about me...
    It's...never that easy... She commented, sighing. whilst....whilst it would have been nice...I'm sure they loved you, and I'm sure they cared for you...but I needed my freedom....and it's not something that comes from family