New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum IC Two: Cool For School.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Upon reaching the forge, Kaden would find Kitty working on ... something. It was hard to tell what at this stage.
    "Hey, vixen!" Kaden calls cheerfully as she wanders into the forge. She pauses for a moment, thoughtfully. "Is it alright to call you that, actually? I've never met any Faunis before, maybe it's rude to call you by your animal aspect? I just like the word... Anyway, how does this work? Can I just take any open workspace and get started?"
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I trust you more than anyone else I know.
    Alexandra nods as she sighs to herself. Cael would be able to see that she looks afraid. Probably of her not believing her. She makes sure that no one is going to come up on them and drags her into a nearby girls bathroom. She sighs as she shakily starts speaking. "When I went to check out that noise I heard before I came across Aurum, to my surprise. He wanted to talk to me. It happened only scant seconds ago so I can remember what he said perfectly. Especially considering the topic of our discussion. He said, 'Hey, Alex. We need to talk. It's about Caelynn. I will be leaving briefly after the trial. When I'm gone, you'll be around her often. My skill at dissecting human emotion has informed me that you in fact have feelings for my Caelynn. Mine. I'm asking you nicely... Do not make any sort of move on her in my absense. Caelynn is mine. You're jealous of me'.

I had never considered that. I mean lately I knew that I had wanted to punch Aurum in the face but I thought that was because of something Kitty told me. I had never felt jealousy so strongly before. In response I said, 'First off Cael is a person. Not a possession or a trophy. Second you've only had one dinner, so stop with the whole 'my Caelynn' thing. Lastly, I don't trust you as far as I can throw you although I can throw you a very long way'. I'll admit I wasn't fully convinced of Aurum's change of personality. Before it was because of what I could see. Afterwards though I can admit that my jealousy played a part in it. Particularly after he mentioned he was taking you to dinner.

However it was this next part that convinced me for sure. He said, 'Cael is mine. And if you try anything, trust me, I'll know. Caelynn means a lot to me. I'm trusting you to keep her safe in my absense, and not to try anything. I'll leave you alone, if you agree. If you try anything.... I will enact a suitable punishment, but you won't be the target. I love her, I think.' I don't care how in love you are, enacting suitable punishment is not something you should be threatening others with. If it was something happening to me like a fight I could accept that. But happening to someone else? That's crossing a line with me.

I started to get more angry at that point and said, 'I highly doubt that, especially with how you talk. And suitable punishment? I knew all that niceness and turning over a new leaf bullsh*t was an act. Especially since you only started today. I don't know what your sudden obsession with Cael is all about, and is what it is an obsession, but you won't fool me like you did her. You probably didn't know the first thing about her before tonight. But I'll protect her alright, even from you.' I'll admit it was a bit irrational, but I kinda get like that around people I care about. I really doubt what he feels for you is love, especially if he has to try to convince you he's something that he is not. Also I'm sorry about the 'fooling you' part. I...that was another jealousy thing talking.

Then, finally....this is what made me really scared. He said, 'Try anthing, love, and I will hurt her, all without ever touching her sweet, soft, skin... I wonder how the rest of her tastes... Mmmm.... She has a wonderful tongue, by the way. So, sweetheart.... Leave her alone. Lay a hand on her in a way that's not completely platonic, and I'll crush her fragile heart.

Understand?'"

At repeating that part Alexandra looks sickened and chokes up a bit, looking more and more afraid, but she can't stop now.

"I... I think I managed to hide how much that scared me. More than anything else he said. I managed to keep my bravado up. Making think he hadn't rattled me when I said, 'We'll see. You don't get eveything you want, money can't buy everything after all. I'll protect Cael no matter the cost. However I will agree for now.' I...I just don't want you to think I'm lying and that this breaks us a part Cael. Now that I've had it shoved in my face, I think I do care about you in a deeper way. I'm not quite sure but I don't think I could feel so strongly if I didn't. So believe me when I say that I'm not lying to you. Please..... "

Alexandra has tears in her eyes at this point. Knowing that depending on how things go now....she may just lose a best friend....and someone she deeply cares about.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

I believe you. You are my best friend, and what would you gain from lying?
    Caelynn's expression darkened.
    When I see his face again, I am sucker punching him in the stomach with my gauntlets.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I believe you. You are my best friend, and what would you gain from lying?
    Caelynn's expression darkened.
    When I see his face again, I am sucker punching him in the stomach with my gauntlets.
    Alexandra has a bright smile on her face at Cael saying she believes her. That smile rapidly turns into an 'O' of surprise when her legs give out from under her from sheer relief. Looking up she says with a nervous smile, "Wow, I guess was more nervous than I thought. Thank you though, thank you. Umm....could you help me up?" Once back on her feet Alex would wobble a little but stay upright.

"Okay then, If we're going to do anything we need to wait. Aurum is going to be leaving soon so I doubt he's going to arrange any dates anytime soon. And if this trial is as vigorous as the last one we'll probably be recovering so he can't schedule anything then either. We need to play along until he leaves and then we can get teachers in on this. I suggest Rokoran. I know you don't trust him because of what was said at the meeting but think about this. If a voice sample and dna sample could be faked, what would stop there from being a faked or looped video? Sometimes 'Discretion is the better part of Valor'."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-09-28 at 05:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Alexandra has a bright smile on her face at Cael saying she believes her. That smile rapidly turns into an 'O' of surprise when her legs give out from under her from sheer relief. Looking up she says with a nervous smile, "Wow, I guess was more nervous than I thought. Thank you though, thank you. Umm....could you help me up?" Once back on her feet Alex would wobble a little but stay upright.

"Okay then, If we're going to do anything we need to wait. Aurum is going to be leaving soon so I doubt he's going to arrange any dates anytime soon. And if this trial is as vigorous as the last one we'll probably be recovering so he can't schedule anything then either. We need to play along until he leaves and then we can get teachers in on this. I suggest Rokoran. I know you don't trust him because of what was said at the meeting but think about this. If a voice sample and dna sample could be faked, what would stop there from being a faked or looped video? Sometimes 'Discretion is the better part of Valor'."

Caelynn helps Alex up
    Got it. Sounds like a plan
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    "Hey, vixen!" Kaden calls cheerfully as she wanders into the forge. She pauses for a moment, thoughtfully. "Is it alright to call you that, actually? I've never met any Faunis before, maybe it's rude to call you by your animal aspect? I just like the word... Anyway, how does this work? Can I just take any open workspace and get started?"
    "Hey, human!" Kitty replied, sticking her tongue out at her to make it clear she was joking. "Nah, it's fine. Yeah, any open workspace is good, there's one right here." She gestured to the space next to her as an invitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Caelynn helps Alex up
    Got it. Sounds like a plan
    Alexandra nods as she says, "Good, now lets get back to the dorms. I think I need to sit down for a bit. Plus I bet your probably really sore right now. Don't worry the pain means that it's working. Plus you'll get used to it soon. Kitty is probably still at the forge though. I swear one of these days the girl is just going to start living there." Alexandra would then follow Cael, shakily, back to the dorms.

8. - Top - End - #98

Caelynn arrives at the dorm and makes a beeline for her bed. She lays down on it and starts playing sudoku
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-09-28 at 05:51 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alexandra hops up into her top bunk and fishes out two protein bars. She opens one to chow down on and offers the other one to Cael. After that she grabs one of her barbells and starts pumping while reading a book her sister recommended and sent with her.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Hey, human!" Kitty replied, sticking her tongue out at her to make it clear she was joking. "Nah, it's fine. Yeah, any open workspace is good, there's one right here." She gestured to the space next to her as an invitation.
    "Thanks." Kaden quickly unloads her tonfa onto the space, as well as a small bag of tools and other resources. She hums a little as she sets to work on one of them, carefully dismantling it. Once she gets that far, however, she stops, uncertain of what to do next. "I forgot the Stormwall mechanism was that thick..." She mutters to herself. "I'm going to have to rebuild it if I want to add a counter wall..."
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Alexandra hops up into her top bunk and fishes out two protein bars. She opens one to chow down on and offers the other one to Cael. After that she grabs one of her barbells and starts pumping while reading a book her sister recommended and sent with her.
    Caelynn accepts
    thanks!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks." Kaden quickly unloads her tonfa onto the space, as well as a small bag of tools and other resources. She hums a little as she sets to work on one of them, carefully dismantling it. Once she gets that far, however, she stops, uncertain of what to do next. "I forgot the Stormwall mechanism was that thick..." She mutters to herself. "I'm going to have to rebuild it if I want to add a counter wall..."
    "....Huh, what is it?" Kitty asked.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"....Huh, what is it?" Kitty asked.
    "This piece here is called the Stormwall. What it does is turns whenever the tonfa changes orientation, see, and that generates electricity. That's important, you see, because that means the Dust isn't generating the power, it's governing it. It's really efficient, I can go a full year and a half on one load of Dust. That and the maximum energy level is greater than what the Dust itself could generate meaning I can build up the power output beyond any other Dust-based weapon I've ever seen. The problem is that the I am the one that has to generate that power, and it can take a long time. That puts me at a disadvantage early on. Since most fights are pretty short, it also means I'm rarely at a high level of power."
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

"This piece here is called the Stormwall. What it does is turns whenever the tonfa changes orientation, see, and that generates electricity. That's important, you see, because that means the Dust isn't generating the power, it's governing it. It's really efficient, I can go a full year and a half on one load of Dust. That and the maximum energy level is greater than what the Dust itself could generate meaning I can build up the power output beyond any other Dust-based weapon I've ever seen. The problem is that the I am the one that has to generate that power, and it can take a long time. That puts me at a disadvantage early on. Since most fights are pretty short, it also means I'm rarely at a high level of power."
    Kitty examined the mechanism curiously. "I see, and that's why you can't build a gun into it. It won't fit," she deduced. "Have you considered using a cobalt/niobium/zirconium alloy? It's superconductive and has a low specific energy, so it should build up that charge faster."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Kitty examined the mechanism curiously. "I see, and that's why you can't build a gun into it. It won't fit," she deduced. "Have you considered using a cobalt/niobium/zirconium alloy? It's superconductive and has a low specific energy, so it should build up that charge faster."
    Somewhere, Teslani sits up straight
    I sense... A disturbance in a periodic table element name.
    Pyrochlore is partly Niobium, and It isn't even explosive despite the name!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I've spent the last three years living in the wilderness, vixen." Kaden says quietly as she fusses over her disassembled weapon. "I've had hell of a time getting enough copper for repairs, much less anything fancy. And while you're right on the fact that I couldn't fit a gun in these things if I tried, I also don't want to. Guns are expensive to maintain. The mechanisms wear out quick without proper storage, the reload time in combat can be murder, and the cost of ammunition - even dust shells - adds up quick. Even if I had guns, I'd never use them."

"But my idea, see, isn't about that. If I could put in a second Stormwall that spins counter to this one, the interplay of the two should more than triple my energy generation. With quicker charge times, I wouldn't need to drag fights out as long. And if I can put some sort of governor on the discharge mechanisms, it should be possible to fire a Crescendo without completely draining the capacitors. They wouldn't be as strong, but I could fire more than one before having to recharge. And with a counter wall, I could fire three for the effort it required to fire one equivalent Crescendo in the first place."
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've spent the last three years living in the wilderness, vixen." Kaden says quietly as she fusses over her disassembled weapon. "I've had hell of a time getting enough copper for repairs, much less anything fancy. And while you're right on the fact that I couldn't fit a gun in these things if I tried, I also don't want to. Guns are expensive to maintain. The mechanisms wear out quick without proper storage, the reload time in combat can be murder, and the cost of ammunition - even dust shells - adds up quick. Even if I had guns, I'd never use them."

"But my idea, see, isn't about that. If I could put in a second Stormwall that spins counter to this one, the interplay of the two should more than triple my energy generation. With quicker charge times, I wouldn't need to drag fights out as long. And if I can put some sort of governor on the discharge mechanisms, it should be possible to fire a Crescendo without completely draining the capacitors. They wouldn't be as strong, but I could fire more than one before having to recharge. And with a counter wall, I could fire three for the effort it required to fire one equivalent Crescendo in the first place."
    "Oh, I see...." said Kitty. "Well, if you need or want help, just let me know! My dad helps run the Vulcan Refinery Corporation, so I know my metals."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-09-28 at 07:53 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh, I see...." said Kitty. "Well, if you need or want help, just let me know! My dad helps run the Vulcan Refinery Corporation, so I know my metals."
    "Thanks. I might just take you up on that sometime. Right now, however, I don't have the time to redesign the casing. I'll have my work cut out for me to just get the Stormwalls done, and maybe the governors... Hmm... The question is how much can I shave off the Stormwalls I before I start sacrificing impact resistance..."
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks. I might just take you up on that sometime. Right now, however, I don't have the time to redesign the casing. I'll have my work cut out for me to just get the Stormwalls done, and maybe the governors... Hmm... The question is how much can I shave off the Stormwalls I before I start sacrificing impact resistance..."
    "Well, that's why I suggested the niobium alloy," Kitty said. "You can shave more off the stormwall, and still get the same performance and impact resistance, allowing you to easily fit both in there. I mean, you have to reconstruct both anyway, right?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Well, that's why I suggested the niobium alloy," Kitty said. "You can shave more off the stormwall, and still get the same performance and impact resistance, allowing you to easily fit both in there. I mean, you have to reconstruct both anyway, right?"
    "Hmm... You raise a good point. Where would I find some?"
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    "Er...funny story with that."

"You know how my Aura powers my shapeshifting? That also means I can't protect myself from damage very well, since most of it is dedicated to keeping the shape stable. My battle hides are usually thick and resilient, but I'm still bleeding by the end of it."

He thinks for a bit.

"Though...if the young maiden could use the blunt parts and remain without long-range weapons, I would be honor-bound to do the same."
    Randii chuckles. So, you're saying you don't have a weapon? That's probably something you should work on.

With a swift motion, Randii draws her blade and dons her shield. My only ranged is the blade itself, so you're good there. And I guess I could leave leave out the paralyzing Dust I usually use. She gives him a grin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm... You raise a good point. Where would I find some?"
    Kitty thought for a moment. "I believe the niobium alloys are ... this way." She made her way to a section of the metal storage lockers, searching through them before finding what she was looking for.

"Aha! Here it is." She picked up a couple of metal bars and gave them to Kaden.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[DORMS, RIP'S ROOM (for now) -> TO THE DINING HALL]

Rip awakens from his nap after a couple hours; as he sits up from the floor and stretches, his stomach quakes and growls, reminding him to fetch some dinner. After quickly smoothing out his clothes (in which he had fallen asleep), he leaves the dorms for the main building, making a beeline for the dining hall.

((Sorry it's short, but I wanted to give blade plenty of room to have Falcon meet/run into Rip in whatever way he/she prefers.))

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

((Oh relax, my days RPing have taught me a lot of tricks))

Well, this has been an eventful day Falcon moaned, sighing as she walked towards the dining hall. And no real success in terms of...well, anything She sighed again, closing her eyes as she flopped, walking through the halls and only opening once she smelt some kind of food. And then, her spirits came back.

Food She smiled, clasping her hands together. Enough food to ea- She would have finished that thought, but she couldn't, smashed to the floor by what she could only describe as a runaway train, landing face first on the ground. Occasionally she twitched on the floor before lifting her head up, her head spinning.

Did anyone catch the number of that wagon? She asked, her voice high pitched and confused.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kitty thought for a moment. "I believe the niobium alloys are ... this way." She made her way to a section of the metal storage lockers, searching through them before finding what she was looking for.

"Aha! Here it is." She picked up a couple of metal bars and gave them to Kaden.
    Bars in hand, Kaden gets right to work. The idea of doing the precise crafting needed in a couple of hours is a laughable proposition, but she's going to give it her best shot. Tomorrow she will be ready to make a better showing than last time.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Bars in hand, Kaden gets right to work. The idea of doing the precise crafting needed in a couple of hours is a laughable proposition, but she's going to give it her best shot. Tomorrow she will be ready to make a better showing than last time.
    Kitty would stick around to offer help if Kaden wanted or needed it. If not, she would return to her dorm room with the others.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thebladeofchaos View Post
    ((Oh relax, my days RPing have taught me a lot of tricks))

Well, this has been an eventful day Falcon moaned, sighing as she walked towards the dining hall. And no real success in terms of...well, anything She sighed again, closing her eyes as she flopped, walking through the halls and only opening once she smelt some kind of food. And then, her spirits came back.

Food She smiled, clasping her hands together. Enough food to ea- She would have finished that thought, but she couldn't, smashed to the floor by what she could only describe as a runaway train, landing face first on the ground. Occasionally she twitched on the floor before lifting her head up, her head spinning.

Did anyone catch the number of that wagon? She asked, her voice high pitched and confused.
    [NEAR THE DINING HALL]

Perhaps Rip is walking more quickly than he realizes. Perhaps he has forgotten his surroundings in his reckless search for sustenance. Perhaps he is still groggy from just waking up. Or perhaps the myriad of appetizing smells in his vicinity has clouded his worldly senses. For any number of these reasons, he makes an embarrassing blunder: he accidentally runs into a tall, dark-haired girl and sends her crashing spectacularly to the floor.

After recovering from the initial surprise of the impact, Rip realizes what has happened and apologizes to the unfortunate victim of his error. "Are you alright," he asks her, guilt evident in his tone. Should she fail to get back on her feet on her own, he will walk around in front of her and offer a hand to help her stand up.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kitty would stick around to offer help if Kaden wanted or needed it. If not, she would return to her dorm room with the others.
    Kaden is so focused on her work she is oblivious to the world, she isn't even aware of it when Kitty leaves for the night. (I do apologize in her stead for this rude behavior. I thought I wrote her better than that...) She works well into the night before she even speaks again.

"Hey, vixen, I need a little blue Dust to finish off this glyph. Where do they keep the Dust around here?"

"I'm afraid they don't keep Dust supplies in the forge, Miss Zei. I would, however, be willing to part with some of my own if you're willing to show me why you need it."
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

29. - Top - End - #119

Caelynn looks up as Kitty enters
    Hi Kitty.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitty walked into her dorm, spotting the others there as well. Seeing Cael, she took a deep breath and hopped up onto her bed. One might notice she seemed a little nervous.

"Hi girls," she said, dragging Heaven's Maw up with her. "Good as new. Better, even."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-09-28 at 10:37 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show