New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum IC Two: Cool For School.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Kitty frowned. If Aurum hadn't been such an a-hole, she would probably be concerned for him right now. Instead, she didn't know what to make of it, so she stayed neutral.

"Yes, she's fine," she said. "Any reason she wouldn't be?"
    He frowns and seems to be having trouble speaking, but he attempts to be his usual churlish, intimidating self. But... he's failing. Because knowing Alexandra she's been burrowing lies into her head. I just had a conversation with her regarding Cael. It's stressing me out.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Im gonna try and get better at using these.
    Caelynn lifts up her gauntlets.
    Nice to meet you Silven!
    Are, uh... those new? They look pretty cool.

Seem kind of familiar though... I can't quite place it.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    He frowns and seems to be having trouble speaking, but he attempts to be his usual churlish, intimidating self. But... he's failing. Because knowing Alexandra she's been burrowing lies into her head. I just had a conversation with her regarding Cael. It's stressing me out.
    "Alex is my friend and teammate," Kitty said, doing her best to remain neutral. "I trust her word."

Heaven's Maw was sheathed, a couple visible modifications having been made since last time.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-09-29 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    Are, uh... those new? They look pretty cool.

Seem kind of familiar though... I can't quite place it.
    Yep! Shotgun gauntlets that I can use dust to augment. And I have boots that make me rather fast.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alex is my friend and teammate," Kitty said, doing her best to remain neutral. "I trust her word."
    Those words seem to have quite an effect on Aurum, seeing as he noticeably winces and seems to clench his fists even harder, his nails digging into the palm of his hands. Ah. How... Nice. So, what exactly did she tell you? Oh gods. She said something to Cael. Now it can be easy to tell he's afraid.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

((oddly, didn't see a response at all))

Keep trying, keep going, and learn to practice with your allies so that you cover each other's back She answer, putting her sword on her back, turning to the newcomer and giving a small bow.

Nice to meet you...MAy I enquire as to your name miss?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Those words seem to have quite an effect on Aurum, seeing as he noticeably winces and seems to clench his fists even harder, his nails digging into the palm of his hands. Ah. How... Nice. So, what exactly did she tell you? Oh gods. She said something to Cael. Now it can be easy to tell he's afraid.
    "....Not my place to say," said Kitty. "I only learned about it secondhand."

It should also be noted that Alex is right there with Kitty.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yep! Shotgun gauntlets that I can use dust to augment. And I have boots that make me rather fast.
    Oh! What kind of Dust do you like to use?

I'm a bit of an enthusiest myself.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by thebladeofchaos View Post

Keep trying, keep going, and learn to practice with your allies so that you cover each other's back She answer, putting her sword on her back, turning to the newcomer and giving a small bow.

Caelynn Arkhosia, Faunus, Amateur Cartographer and Huntress-To-Be.
    Caelynn says, tipping her fedora to Silven
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-09-29 at 09:06 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

Caelynn Arkhosia, Faunus, Amateur Cartographer and Huntress-To-Be.
    Caelynn says, tipping her fedora to Silven
    Well, as the good sir says, Silven Eradora...Sole Beneficiary of the Eradora Dust company She retracted her shield at this point, relaxing slightly after working out. Hope that doesn't make me some kind of hero or noble

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

"....Not my place to say," said Kitty. "I only learned about it secondhand."

It should also be noted that Alex is right there with Kitty.
    ...That would have been nice to know.

He looks over at Alex, but doesn't say anything yet. He speaks to Alex now. You... What... What have you done. What did you say to her?! He's noticeably shaking in rage and... Fear. That's not normal.

12. - Top - End - #192

Well, as the good sir says, Silven Eradora...Sole Beneficiary of the Eradora Dust company She retracted her shield at this point, relaxing slightly after working out. Hope that doesn't make me some kind of hero or noble
    I mainly use White, red, and Cyan dust.

Glad to meet you. What weapons do you use?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I see ... well, thank you for listening to us, and believing us, Mr. Rokoran." Kitty then turned to her friends.

"I need to grab something real quick from the forge. Wanna join me? I'll only be a moment," she asked.

Heading towards the forge, Kitty almost bumped into Aurum. Unsure what to do, she remained silent and nodded to him.
    Kitty frowned. If Aurum hadn't been such an a-hole, she would probably be concerned for him right now. Instead, she didn't know what to make of it, so she stayed neutral.

"Yes, she's fine," she said. "Any reason she wouldn't be?"
    Alexandra nods to Kitty and follows....only to run into Aurum again. He seemed to be out of it though so she stayed silent. Until he addressed her. "It's not my place to say. Though I will say that she trusts me."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-09-29 at 09:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, sorry if I embaressed you. I just think it's cool

Cael:
    Ooh, nice! I mainly use Grey.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    "...Huh. Paralytics are exactly what the Platypus does."

He goes back to normal, fishing a pair of glasses from inside his cape.

"Let me explain-you don't see it, but I actually do have a weapon-of sorts. Mine's a harness I wear under my clothes and fur in other forms, the Platypus. It's not really meant for being held, but I can fire poison darts and taser cables off if I need to, and augment any natural weapons my animal forms have with paralytics and electricity. My dad commissioned it for me because I really don't have hands to wield a true weapon all that often, and it can constrict and stretch with me-anything between a roach and an elephant is valid, which means I get moderate reward for no loss. Win-win.

Let me show you. That squirrel over there? I hate squirrels. Just as destructive as rats, and a lot meaner-a lesson I learned when one tried to bite my rat-form's tail off. So, I trained myself to ward them and their snappy little jaws away..."

*fwop*

"With that."

The unfortunate rodent falls over, stiff as a board.

"Don't worry about him. The poison I use is non-fatal at all-you could bathe in the stuff and come out okay, and what I used on him is going to wear off in a second. It's all good clean fun, and hours of entertainment. Sort of like scaring a fainting goat."
    Huh. Randii eyes the fallen squirrel for a moment. That's different. Mine's a little bit less...unique.

She gives a flick of the wrist, and the blade detaches from the hilt, held to it by a chain now. She spins it idly at her side. I can get quite a bit of range with this. And the Dust in it works when I stab something. Whatever gets hit, gets paralyzed. Longer the blade's in, the more ya get paralyzed. And the more times I stab you, too. Usually wears off in an hour, though. Nothing fatal. Another flick of the wrist, and the blade returns to its normal position.

And, as you can see, the sheath becomes a shield. She shakes the item in her left hand. But, it can also do this. She gives that a quick shake, and the shield lengthens and splits a little, becoming a huge pincer. Sure, it doesn't defend as well as the shield, but it's still cool.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

I mainly use White, red, and Cyan dust.

Glad to meet you. What weapons do you use?
    Sword and shield, plain and simple. Revolver for a bit of range whilst on the defence and rifle in the sword....simple, but effective...in comparison to most things anyway She explained, smiling. Couldn't exactly leave it at melee only. even if it is a bit restricted

17. - Top - End - #197

May I show you why I use those types of dust?
    Caelynn will then, unless otherwise told not to show, punch a manikin and shock-wave it into a wall while leaping in the air and knocking one down with a flaming kick.
    She then lands, turns to her audience, and bows.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caelynn will then, unless otherwise told not to show, punch a manikin and shock-wave it into a wall while leaping in the air and knocking one down with a flaming kick.
    :O

That was so cool!

... but now I have to set up another one...

Wow... that's... wow. How did you get so good?

19. - Top - End - #199

I had training in this type of fighting style when I still wielded my daggers. Also, Alex spent the whole day training me.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Alexandra nods to Kitty and follows....only to run into Aurum again. He seemed to be out of it though so she stayed silent. Until he addressed her. "It's not my place to say. Though I will say that she trusts me."
    He stands there blankly, not quite all there. In fact, he appears to be fighting back hot tears. He attempts to speak, but cannot. Finally, he utters a few choked words. I cared. I had someone to care for. For ONCE. He grits his teeth and his nails dig into his skin, drawing blood. You ruined it. MY chance to be a better person. My chance to be greater. And you ruined it. What did you tell her. You just had to have her for yourself, didn't you.

Fine. You... what have....

I HATE YOU.

With those final words spat out, he'll brush past them, tears rushing down his cheeks, despite his attempts to stay controlled.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Huh. Randii eyes the fallen squirrel for a moment. That's different. Mine's a little bit less...unique.

She gives a flick of the wrist, and the blade detaches from the hilt, held to it by a chain now. She spins it idly at her side. I can get quite a bit of range with this. And the Dust in it works when I stab something. Whatever gets hit, gets paralyzed. Longer the blade's in, the more ya get paralyzed. And the more times I stab you, too. Usually wears off in an hour, though. Nothing fatal. Another flick of the wrist, and the blade returns to its normal position.

And, as you can see, the sheath becomes a shield. She shakes the item in her left hand. But, it can also do this. She gives that a quick shake, and the shield lengthens and splits a little, becoming a huge pincer. Sure, it doesn't defend as well as the shield, but it's still cool.
    "And that's your advantage in skills. You do a few thing extremely well, while I do many things but mastering none of them. And as mentioned, I can't defend very well."

Explanations over, Amandus puts up his classes, then strikes the dramatic pose.

"So, shall we spar then? To know each other better through how we fight?"
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    "And that's your advantage in skills. You do a few thing extremely well, while I do many things but mastering none of them. And as mentioned, I can't defend very well."

Explanations over, Amandus puts up his classes, then strikes the dramatic pose.

"So, shall we spar then? To know each other better through how we fight?"
    Randii grins, then cracks her neck.

Ready whenever you are.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

He stands there blankly, not quite all there. In fact, he appears to be fighting back hot tears. He attempts to speak, but cannot. Finally, he utters a few choked words. I cared. I had someone to care for. For ONCE. He grits his teeth and his nails dig into his skin, drawing blood. You ruined it. MY chance to be a better person. My chance to be greater. And you ruined it. What did you tell her. You just had to have her for yourself, didn't you.
    "You're the one who threatened to hurt her," Kitty snapped. "You wouldn't have done that if you cared for her!"

I HATE YOU.

With those final words spat out, he'll brush past them, tears rushing down his cheeks, despite his attempts to stay controlled.
    Kitty jumped back in surprise as Aurum rushed past, actually crying. She just stood there, shell-shocked, staring at the place he'd been.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-09-29 at 09:49 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I HATE YOU.

As he brushes pas her she says, "To become a better person you have to actually want and try to BE better. Not fake it. I just told her the truth. Plain and simple."

After he leaves she lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding in relief.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-09-29 at 09:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Not bad...just don't waste it on shows like that She remarked, cracking her neck. Never know when you might run out

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

I had training in this type of fighting style when I still wielded my daggers. Also, Alex spent the whole day training me.
    Well, she DOES seem kind of scary...

Do you think you could help me get another one out here? They're heavier than they look... ^^;

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    As he brushes pas her she says, "To become a better person you have to actually want and try to BE better. Not fake it. I just told her the truth. Plain and simple."

After he leaves she lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding in relief.
    Kitty was still staring at the spot Aurum vacated, a contemplative look on her face.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a bandolier or something.
    Cael heads out with a manikin to put it away, and chances are Aurum will crash right into her as she goes.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kitty was still staring at the spot Aurum vacated, a contemplative look on her face.
    Alexandra looks at her as she says, "I was really hoping that I had time before facing him again. The thought lf his threats still send chills down my spine......I hate it. Being afraid of someone like."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well... there she goes... *sigh*

Silven, any chance you could help me out? I don't think I'm combat-ready.