New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A Picture/Media thread) Thread Thirty-Two: You people are all too fancy...

Spoiler: Am I using this thread properly?
    Show

That's me, collecting taxes.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A Picture/Media thread) Thread Thirty-Two: You people are all too fancy...

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    So today I was packing things and getting ready for yet another move when a rather odd thought hit me. I've been posting on these forums for longer than I've lived in any one house in my entire life. I can't entirely explain why, but I sorta feel I should let the Playground see whats behind the avatar.

So, uh, yeah:
    Spoiler: Me
    Show
    OH MY GOD MY EYES MY EYES AAAAARRRG- Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Sorry Serps!
    Nu :c

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

Need some unbiased public opinion on my recent hair cut, and since most of you good folk don't know me I thought this might be the place to go. My friends say it looks better at the current length, but I kinda miss it being longer.

Before:
    Spoiler
    Show

After:
    Spoiler
    Show

The second image is cropped just above where my hair ends (it's essentially shoulder-length). Any opinions from folks whose eyes haven't been burned out of their skulls?

All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way - Aesop Rock "Daylight"

My PAD Herder (it's mostly up-to-date... mostly)

4. - Top - End - #514

To be frank, they're not the best photos for that sort of thing. But based on the ones we've got, I think your new haircut is an improvement. Looks like you take care of it, too, which seems to be distressingly rare in guys with long hair, so mad props!

5. - Top - End - #515

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    To be frank, they're not the best photos for that sort of thing. But based on the ones we've got, I think your new haircut is an improvement. Looks like you take care of it, too, which seems to be distressingly rare in guys with long hair, so mad props!

I figured that might be the outcome, but since I don't have many photos of myself I tried to pick the best two I have. Thanks for the props! I figure if I've got long hair then I should at least try to keep it looking presentable.

All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way - Aesop Rock "Daylight"

6. - Top - End - #516

NecromancerGuy

So I went to a party this past weekend and ended up breaking my glasses, sadly.

I give to you, the last known photo that they were seen intact in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's been a little while...I have purple hair now.

Spoiler
    Show

...or do I?

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

I've decided that women's hair is magic. Both looks are pretty stellar, Lioness.
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

9. - Top - End - #519

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    It's been a little while...I have purple hair now.

Spoiler
    Show

...or do I?

Spoiler
    Show

What sorcery is this?! But in all seriousness, both styles and colours look awesome.

Took my basset hound Grace to the beach recently. She forgot that she has no legs and decided to run into an atoll. She had to be 'rescued' and was not at all impressed.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520

I went to a speakeasy for a friend's birthday:

Spoiler
    Show

and went up a clock tower to say goodbye to another friend:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521

Default Who reads titles anymore?

and went up a clock tower to say goodbye to another friend:
    All I could wonder is if your friend is a mouse going by the alias hickery dickery (Md)

Looking good serps!

Since I may have had long hair last time I posted, and to stop this just being an accusation of mouse hood here I am on a horse[/old spice]

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: V *Pssht* Seems like that second link of the moon is broken Serpy, unless I'm just a lunartic seeing things
    EDIT2: V first edit a moont point now
    Last edited by Death, your friend the Reaper; 2014-07-18 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Secret Squirrel Reason for editing
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

12. - Top - End - #522

Omg omg omg omg Deeeaaaaaath!

edit: Oh, also, I've been taking some pictures of the moon:

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Serpentine; 2014-07-18 at 09:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #523

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JabberwockySupafly View Post
    What sorcery is this?! But in all seriousness, both styles and colours look awesome.

Took my basset hound Grace to the beach recently. She forgot that she has no legs and decided to run into an atoll. She had to be 'rescued' and was not at all impressed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, Basset Hounds. That's adorable.

Spoiler
    Show
    You look so intense here. All of the intensity.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This picture makes me think that you could be part of a secret society. A very stylish secret society.

Spoiler
    Show

Are you sure that's the Moon and not a sun-moon hybrid?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

I was in malta for the last five days.

Pics of me near the Malta WWII memorial bell, in which i "hold" my namesake and dont look at the camera
    Spoiler
    Show

Me and my bróðir agreeing that this armor is ****e and dumb because its fake.

Spoiler
    Show

Now THIS is real armor. (Nuuuu sideways pic!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite everything, its still me.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Are you sure that's the Moon and not a sun-moon hybrid?
    It's a sun/half-dragon.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #527

I'd forgotten to post this earlier, but here's a pic of Teddy and I from when he stayed here as part of his Tour de Friends.

Spoiler
    Show

This should provide you with a decent frame of reference for how tall he is. Or at least for how short I am.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Firbolg in the Playground

A teddy appears to have landed in Seattle. It was been safely collected and transported to northwestern Washington, where it has been provided with hot and cold running internet and a bed. The hippo came in the package.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I'd forgotten to post this earlier, but here's a pic of Teddy and I from when he stayed here as part of his Tour de Friends.

Spoiler
    Show

This should provide you with a decent frame of reference for how tall he is. Or at least for how short I am.
    HA!

Spoiler
    Show

(The derpy expression in said picture belonging to MoonCat is to be recognized as a smirk of triumph. Let it be known, no one is as short as she is.)
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2014-07-23 at 01:40 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529

Not a picture of me, per se, but I made shortbread Portal cookies. They were a triumph...

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to try sugar cookies next, so I can add coloured icing to give them a bit more detail.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

First off, sorry it's been a while folk...
    But huzzah for the people of the playground!

JabberwockySupafly – awesome biscuits, I approve wholeheartedly. Great dog too

Lionness – I'm agreeing with everyone else here,. But both colours/styles look pretty darn grand to me! Yay for ace coloured hair!

Serps- Looking nifty as always I note. But more to the point- there are speakeasies in your neck of the woods? Ad your friend left via a clock tower? The world si a more confusing place than I previously realised...

Coidz- I'm liking the banana suit- though shame about your glasses, hope they can be replaced/fixed easily…
    Punting, champagne and suits. Ah, the joys of being a Squashman and Anglo-Saxophonist.

21. - Top - End - #531

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stadge View Post
    Serps- Looking nifty as always I note. But more to the point- there are speakeasies in your neck of the woods? Ad your friend left via a clock tower? The world si a more confusing place than I previously realised...
    It is indeed a wonderfully wild and woolly place.

Coidz- I'm liking the banana suit- though shame about your glasses, hope they can be replaced/fixed easily…
    Thank you. As much as it pleases me to wear it, I continually have more people who are happy that it exists and that I'm giving it use. Not quite sure why, exactly, but, hey, if it pleases me and it pleases thee, that's a win-win in my book. xD

Though I think I might have taken things a bit too far when I wore swim trunks over it, or else the humor had already played out.

As for my glasses, thankfully I found my backup set, and they frames should've still been under warranty, it's just been an annoying slog to get transportation to deal with it. Thankfully the lenses are still fully functional, which is good because they're transition lenses and I love them so much and want to go back to using them, but sadly last I checked my backup frames don't quite match up with the lens shape. x.x

Also, good to see you around again.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #532

The Stadge!
    Well shucks There's at least one speakeasy - the bartender invented a cocktail for me based on Indiana Jones. We called it the It Belongs In A Museum.
    Sort of, actually... We went to a chocolate cafe with some friends the day before she left, and I decided to walk her to her bus in the city. On the way we went past the city hall, she mentioned that she didn't get a chance to see the clock tower and the museum there happened to be open so we went on in. I think that was pretty much the last thing she did in Australia.
    And apparently she's sending me English jelly babies, heckers yes P:

23. - Top - End - #533

*ahem*
    I went glasses shopping today. For the first time ever, I've bought TWO (2!) new pairs at once! And I might even buy a THIRD online at some point!

Here's the two I've bought:
    Spoiler
    Show

Similar overall shape to what I usually get, but the hexagonalish angles is very new for me. I wanted something a bit different. I hope I don't regret not being boring...

A little while ago someone told me it was a shame my usual fairly narrow glasses hide my (apparently nice) eyes, so... a larger, rounder style to what I usually get <.<

And some I'm thinking about getting for cheap online at some point maybe, or something similar:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm thinking I'd like to get a pair of bold, bright red hipster-type glasses. I think they'd go well with a few particular outfits I have. omg I'm turning into a girl-person D:

If not red, maybe some other colour.

This one I'm mostly just including cuz I was tossing up between this one or the hexagonal ones. If I were going to play it safe, these are pretty much the same as the last 3 or 4 pairs I've bought.

24. - Top - End - #534

NecromancerGuy

Well, I'm biased, but I think purple seems to suit you better from what you've shown so far.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps the most beautiful part of my recent visit to Québec was l'île d'Orléans, a little paradisiac island in the St. Lawrence River. The whole island smelled of strawberries and there were dozens of vineyards and cideries.

Spoiler
    Show

I realize also that while Teddiferousness was here, I only took one picture -- and it is of him and my gentleman friend, who would not appreciate his image on these our good Internets. Why did I not think to take more? How bird-brained of me.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Say, good ol' chump, do you perchance happen to know where this Wally chap was last seen?
    I have a dagger to deliver to his spleen.

Spoiler
    Show

LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Lovely cosplay, SMEE.
    I found these pictures while trying to show off my tat, though none of them really show it off at all.
    I still like them anyways >>
    Spoiler
    Show

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Perhaps the most beautiful part of my recent visit to Québec was l'île d'Orléans, a little paradisiac island in the St. Lawrence River. The whole island smelled of strawberries and there were dozens of vineyards and cideries.

Spoiler
    Show

My dearest twinkle-tweety, how your gaze is as a relaxing mirage to my vision. It is most wonderfull to see you fully recovered and enjoying life.
    Why my friend, won't you share a drink with me?
    Spoiler
    Show

As you might see I have gained a new companion: Maggy. She might be small but she's quite fond of a good old cider and afterwards some Irish yoga. A most wonderfull companion.

SMEE, neat cosplay! Rabbit: As far as I can see that's a pretty well done tattoo! Nice! pictures of the whole tattoo would be welcome, if they pass the decency filter here ofcourse. I can't exactly see how far the tattoo goes.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2014-08-09 at 08:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

29. - Top - End - #539

If I had this hair colour forever, I could probably cosplay a Targaryen.
    Spoiler: Re-Bleached Hair
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

30. - Top - End - #540

Just posted a bunch of pictures, mostly of Teddy, in his thread. Here's the ones I got that involve yours truly:
    Spoiler
    Show

These pictures demonstrate all too well that I have put on a substantial amount of weight recently :/ Oh well, just gotta get cracking on it...