Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bob&jim&coco

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bob&jim&coco

Gaheris charges the dark Emperor

Swift: activates Law Devotion
    Free: smite
    Full: charge with lance (so reach of 10 ft)

Attack - (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage - (2d8+19)[23] (with +1 lance)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Maybe we should split the threads a little, and just use this thread as a overview thread for when various groups want to know the gist of what's going on, and as a OOC for the various splinters, since this is being used as a OOC.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

The smite has no effect. But you deal 23 Damage with the lance successfully.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiyamato View Post
    The smite has no effect. But you deal 23 Damage with the lance successfully.
    23 is damage is with a +9 bonus from smite
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Dark Emperor's turn:

Fast healing +10HP

Stance of Clarity: +2AC vs Gaheris. -2 vs all others.

Full attack with Thanifex against Gaheris AC 24:
    (1D20+14)[19] to hit [roll]2D8+1D6+6[/roll] damage (1D20+2)[22] crit confirm (x3) +1 [VILE]
    (1D20+9)[28] to hit [roll]2D8+1D6+6[/roll] damage (1D20+2)[4] crit confirm (x3) +1 [VILE]

+ Bonus attack

(1D20+10)[13] to hit [roll]2D8+1D6+6[/roll] damage (1D20+2)[15] crit confirm (x3) +1 [VILE]

If hit at all (even if not damaged) make Save Fort save DC 19 or suffer (1D4)[2] CON damage from poison (per round until saved against). Ignores immunity.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Show

We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

(2D8)[13]
    (1D6)[6]
    +6

Because it does not like multiple different dice in the roller it seems.

EDIT: Gaheris takes 25 Normal damage, 1 Vile damage and must make a fort save (which he pretty much passes unless you are unlucky).

Crystal of life-drinking gives the Emperor +5 HP back.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-09 at 10:38 PM.

Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

fort save - (1d20+15)[29] vs DC 19

Swift action: activate Divine Might (cha to damage)
    Full attack

Attack 1 - (1d20+17)[35]
    Damage - (1d8+10)[11]

Attack 2 - (1d20+12)[15]
    Damage - (1d8+10)[18]

Mount full attacks

2 hooves and a bite
    Hoof attack 1 - (1d20+10)[22]
    Hoof damage - (1d6+5)[10]

Hoof attack 2 - (1d20+10)[14]
    Hoof damage - (1d6+5)[11]

Bite attack 1 - (1d20+10)[16]
    Bite damage - (1d4+2)[4]

Spoiler: Forgone conclusion
    Show

With his Fast healing and items, it's obvious i can't keep up with damage
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2013-10-10 at 12:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

This is a battle I cannot win. What objective do you hope to achieve by killing us? By becoming king?

Readying an action to cast Ennervate on the Ancient God, should he or his friend attack me.

Spoiler
    Show
    How is his AC that high?
    And treasure!
    Wait, that doesn't make any sense

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

@BelGareth

The Dark Emperor takes 29 damage.

Fast Healing +10HP

(1D20+14)[26] to hit AC 24 (2D6+8)[12] damage + 1 VILE damage.
    (1D20+9)[23] to hit AC 24 (2D6+8)[16] damage + 1 VILE damage.
    No other effects from now on (Except Crystal of Life-drinking).

Only 1 hit: 12 normal damage and 1 vile damage.
    Regains 5HP.

"Surrender to me and I will spare your life and those of your men Paladin." he hisses as the long dark spear lunges for you again.

(1D4)[4] of your men from your unit enter the fray this turn.
    (1D4)[3] Zombies from the Dark emperor's unit enter the fray this turn.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-10 at 02:29 AM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

AAARGHHARARGH!
    Screams the Vile God in frustration.
    Fine. Combat is pointless as none of us can kill the other anymore, and even if we did it serves no purpose any longer. We should retreat to the mountain and discuss terms then, just one condition. No one interferes with the mortal battle here directly anymore, not even myself.

OOC: Vile God returns to 1 DvR.

Also the Wish spell from the Solar failed. No effect.
    The Fallen Archon grins evily at Sophia.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-10 at 02:39 AM.

Show

11. - Top - End - #221

Had Sid'Jax an eyebrow he would raise it.
    "I can end your attempts to escape with thought and you cann't end ours. I know I hurt you, and I can be restored by she who heals with a moment of her thoughts, and you insist we allow your zombie horde fight a small number of humans without interference?"

[Sid'Jax spends a standard action to ready a Mordenkainen's Disjunction targeting the vile god should he attempt to teleport].

"Order your forces to stand down, and we will ensure the humans cease combat. Then perhaps we can parlay truthfully, but we shall not return to the mountain, there is to much chance you could use the opportunity to arrive elsewhere."

[Sid'Jax will spend his free actions casting Foresight and Fell Flight, and then fly to approach the Vile God and his Undead Angel]
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Actually none of you have managed to scratch him or his angel so far (They have over 900HP between them and fast healing/True Regeneration, so good luck...) and he could just use the divine powers to vanish from here right now and block detection....
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-10 at 02:54 AM.

Show

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiyamato View Post
    OOC: Actually none of you have managed to scratch him or his angel so far and he could just use the divine powers to vanish from here right now and block detection....
    OOC: I thought you said I harmed him with the Virtrolic Utteredark Spear Chain? It doesn't particularly matter but still.
    As for vanishing, he can only do so with Greater Teleport or forms of invisibility, which I can see through and dispel. And for blocking detection, unless he targets it upon a church to him/similar circumstance, the detection block would be centered on him, so at worst I go in blind with Sophia attempting to rez me every now and again for when/if I inevitably die.

And then there is learning how to use the table against him should we fail. The only reason I don't say the mortal battle is against him is because I don't know his SLA's, which means he could beat me on the protecting own forces/attacking other forces front with the exception of action economy, as my domains apply to grant me free actions, his don't... I think, I'll have to double check his domains.

Edit: And even if I haven't hurt him, Sid'Jax thinks he has, so his words remain true. As to his High HP + Fast Healing, I have a means [maybe] of harming them and we have a goddess of true resurrection that can teleport away without being traced.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-10-10 at 03:00 AM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    OOC: I thought you said I harmed him with the Virtrolic Utteredark Spear Chain?
    You only destroyed the weapon of the Fallen Archon. That has been your only action so far.

It doesn't particularly matter but still.
    As for vanishing, he can only do so with Greater Teleport or forms of invisibility, which I can see through and dispel. And for blocking detection, unless he targets it upon a church to him/similar circumstance, the detection block would be centered on him, so at worst I go in blind with Sophia attempting to rez me every now and again for when/if I inevitably die.
    It stops you finding him entirely. The only reason Sophia knew something was up in the first place was because both Gods were attempting multiple blocks in the same hex, so I ruled that they clashed. If he uses his divine powers right now you wont find him until he wants to be found. You all know this. This would be bad.

And then there is learning how to use the table against him should we fail. The only reason I don't say the mortal battle is against him is because I don't know his SLA's, which means he could beat me on the protecting own forces/attacking other forces front with the exception of action economy, as my domains apply to grant me free actions, his don't... I think, I'll have to double check his domains.
    The table would help yeah.
    Yes you have a lot more actions. But if they would even do anything to him or not is another matter.

Edit: And even if I haven't hurt him, Sid'Jax thinks he has, so his words remain true.
    lol No worries.

Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

You assume too much... he growls at you. These forces are not mine. They are the doing of the mortals. I was merely here to ensure that the humans surrendered without having to be wiped out, and to stop the Gods from interfering. It is Sophia who got in the way and started this fight. I gave her a chance to surrender and save this bloodshed. Now I give you another. Take it or face the consequences.
    To Emphasise the point he sheathes his sword.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-10 at 03:52 AM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #226

Sid'Jax turns one of his heads towards the combat unfolding in thought. Slowly his claws drop to his side as he leaves his fighting stance.

"...Call it niavity of the young. However even as a tool of terror you overstepped, I have been in existence mere moments and yet I still know this... However I have no interest in the conflict. I am willing to parlay at the mountain though I would prefer to hold audience here... The place has a weight about it now..."

Sid'Jax folds his arms. The head that had turned to the battle now turns to where Sophia remains.
    "Since you can restore me I have no doubt that you cannot restore your followers. What says you?"
    Show

Life is Hectic.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

No interference. Else I will bring my own followers back from the dead also, and our mortals can replicate our endless pointless battle for all eternity. Unceasing and unending, until the world ends and we are all wiped from existence.
    Perhaps, if we are to have peace, this should be our first agreement for all confrontation from now on.

Show

18. - Top - End - #228

"Rules are paramount, they are also amoungst the first casualties, so there must be punishment, or clause of equality, and enforcement. I see no means of enforcement, but until we can forge a law divine, I believe agreeing to non-interference on the field of battle here and now would be wise, and in any case I do. As I have said, I lack true interest in this battles outcome."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Right... Vile One, now that your suppression has been eliminated, I can call more allies into this fight. At the least, they would eventually be able to dispose of your herald with their arrows. Between us, we can also prevent your escape. I will not leave my followers to die here.

If you want to parlay, these are my terms to even make it a possibility:

First, you shall allow me to return my Herald to life.
    Second, you will convince your followers and their minions to disengage and leave the sovereign territory of BelTarn.
    In exchange, I will not eliminate them at this time and will convince my followers to let them leave in peace.

Spoiler
    Show
    And here I was hoping to gate in a second solar, so they and I could form a triumvirate of good powers in this world.
    (One LG, one NG, one CG.) I've only called the CG one.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As a side note, the god of the dead for the world can prevent any resurrection in the same way the soul's patron deity could. Who is that at present?
    Last edited by drack; 2013-10-10 at 06:55 AM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a side note, the god of the dead for the world can prevent any resurrection in the same way the soul's patron deity could. Who is that at present?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe that's only true if said god outranks me. Which, now that the Vile One has been depowered, no god does.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

The Vile One suppresses a laugh.

Kailialle is more than capable of helping herself. She could destroy a dozen of your summoned puppets before they even managed to lay a hand on her. As if on queue Kailialle summons a new sword into her hands that looks suspiciously like the one she just lost. She grins at Sid'Jax.

I agree to the first request as I could not prevent such even if it were of interest to me. Your Herald was slain to teach you both humility. You are vastly outmatched. As to your second request, I shall do no such a thing. I shall leave it for them to decide what they wish to do. In exchange I won't erase your precious paladin from all existence right now. We can threaten each other all day after all.
    As if to emphasize the point a Greater Soulspark Familiar appears over the Vile One's shoulder and a shadowy shape forms on the ground not far from where Gaheris is fighting.
    My terms are this. We all go now to the hall and leave the issue here to resolve itself however it can or will, be that against my people or for them I will leave it alone. Or I kill you all, starting with Sophia, then Sid'Jax can become a spawn of mine again. Probably dying myself by the end of it however. His vile mouth splits into a grin once more. I am being quite reasonable here. Your situation is barely improved. Mine has simply become harder is all.
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-10 at 07:07 AM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Sophia looks to the other gods.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

As his men trampled the enemy underfoot, Victor took a moment to survey the battle as the enemy legion closes in. One legion of the Dark Emperor's troops were engaged with the strangers from the east, but it was still too early to determine whether they could hold. The BelTran 1st had managed to inflict casualties in the Dark Emperor's unit, but had suffered losses of their own. And the King was locked in single combat with the Dark Emperor himself.

The odds were heavily stacked against the Kingdom of BelTran in this fight, and it seemed to be only a matter of time before they were all overwhelmed. They were fighting a losing battle. His men could see it too, and his grizzled second in command, Oskar, pulled up alongside him. "It doesn't look good.", the old veteran stated unnecessarily. Still looking ahead at the coming horde, Oskar spoke in a softened tone, "The men are waiting on your orders, lad."

As the very gods themselves held conference in the sky, Victor shook his head and muttered quietly, "How can we prevail against so many?" At that, Oskar turned to Victor with a sour expression. He opened his mouth to speak, then thought better of it and closed it. Instead, he smacked his hand across the back of Victor's head. Wincing, Victor turned to Oskar with a frown as the old man growled at him, "By Sophia's ample backside! Talk like that will get us all killed. You're better than that, lad, I know you are. Now, what are your orders."

Victor smirked and nodded once. He looked back to the duel between King Gaheris and the Dark Emperor. "We fight our way to the King." With a fierce smile, Oskar wheeled his horse and began shouting orders to the men. With conviction in his heart, Victor prayed to the Lady Sophia, Lady of Healing, grant me the strength and courage to bring victory to BelTran this day.

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe that the single duel between the King and the Dark Emperor effectively takes place in its entirety before the next round of Battle at the army level, right? So there is pretty much nothing Victor can do to help King Gaheris? If there is a chance to help, Victor will hurl a Fireball at the Dark Emperor's unit (which should be the one the BelTran 1st wounded) in an effort to finish it off and leave the Dark Emperor alone to face Gaheris and the BelTran 1st.

If not, well, Victor's unit will still fight their way to the King (or his body) to make their final stand.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2013-10-10 at 10:51 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Swift action: activate Divine Might (cha to damage)
    Full attack

Attack 1 - (1d20+17)[28] +1 attack for being mounted
    Damage - (1d8+10)[13]

Attack 2 - (1d20+12)[13] +1 attack for being mounted
    Damage - (1d8+10)[11]

Mount full attacks

2 hooves and a bite
    Hoof attack 1 - (1d20+10)[11]

Hoof attack 2 - (1d20+10)[24]

Bite attack 1 - (1d20+10)[20]
    Bite damage - (1d4+2)[6]

AC is 25 (had an error on sheet)
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2013-10-10 at 11:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

26. - Top - End - #236

I would argue that threating to kill someone and only giving one option would not be considered "reasonable". Be that as it may, I have no wish for combat against other deities, be they weaker or more powerful then I. I also have no interest in this conflict. I am perfectly happy to accept your terms.
    And treasure!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

At Inautia's words, Sophia sighs.

It seems you may be the most reasonable among us, Inautia. However, I will have my herald returned to me... now.

She waves a hand.
    Dear Nauhatl, come back to us!

Nauhatl's resurrected form appears next to her goddess.

Also... Solana. You have done well. But as I asked you for your aid in battle, and my part in this battle is at an end... You are therefore free to do as you please. Please when our negotiations are concluded, let us discuss matters.

She bows in gratitude to the solar.

She turns to her fellow divines:

Right, so if we are to parlay, shall we retire to the mount and get on with it?
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2013-10-10 at 01:01 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

28. - Top - End - #238

Sid'Jax shakes his heads.
    "Your ploy is obvious even to me, might I suggest we also keep Herald's and such beings from participating, at least in this battle, given that one has already proved itself better than the other?"
    With that Sid'Jax leaves, returning to the mountain. Being the first to arrive, he decides to risk sitting on the largest throne immidiately, bringing up one last defense.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Free: Greater Teleport.
    Free: Magic vestment on chainmail.
    Swift: Spell Turning. (1d4+6)[10] spell levels.
    Other: Sit on Chair.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-10-10 at 03:14 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

29. - Top - End - #239

He nods to Sophia before disappearing in a swarm of flies

Spoiler
    Show
    Teleporting to the throne room before sitting on solid air
    Last edited by Pesimismrocks; 2013-10-10 at 03:32 PM.
    And treasure!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

@BelGareth
    The Emperor takes 23 damage.
    Fast Heal +10

(1D20+14)[18] to hit AC 25 (2D6+8)[18] damage (1D20+2)[21] Crit confirmation, x3
    (1D20+9)[16] to hit AC 25 (2D6+8)[12] damage (1D20+2)[21] Crit confirmation, x3

BOTH MISS!
    Last edited by Gaiyamato; 2013-10-10 at 06:34 PM.

Show