New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLVI

"Me, I'd hire NO. Those people do good work," Adir says, forking a thumb at himself before downing his second whiskey. "But seriously, what're you so worried about? Is there someone out to get you and your, um, friend?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

"There could be, I don't know for sure." Ashley doesn't acknowledge NO, being a former member would only lead to complications in that kind of talk. "It's been weeks since I last saw her. She could be hurt, not in the Nexus anymore..."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Shawna looks rather nervous for a moment, looking around, then relaxes when nothing happens.

"Oh, the plasma blades? They are plasma contained within an intense magnetic field," she explains. "They are highly effective against the vast majority of potential foes, although they can be stopped by ripleyite armour."
    Mia waves at Adir as he comes in, but since he appears sad she assumes he needs some time with a drink. Then Mia's attention goes back to Shawna. I have to say I don't know what a repleyite armor is. not even the webs helps out.

"I see. They must be very effective then. I know plasma is something to cut through most materials. I myself fokus on electron based technologie."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Timseam and Bill are approached by three other ponies, one of each tribe.

The leader is a mare, with a horn protruding from the unkempt red mane under her tricorn hat. In addition to the hat, the purple-coated unicorn is also wearing a black greatcoat and a wooden pegleg strapped to her left forelimb, which has been amputated above the knee. Several bulges under the greatcoat suggest that she has several pistols, much like the two flintlocks that mark her flank; one upside down and pointing in the opposite direction to the other.

Behind her is a pink, middle-aged pegasus stallion with one and a half wings. His yellow mane and tail is rather neat, and he's wearing a bandoleer of surgical equipment, a cutlass, and a stethoscope draped over his neck. His flank is graced by a pair of scalpels crossed under a pony skull.

Bringing up the rear is an earth pony mare with a vicious scar on the right side of her face, going over her eye, which is currently under an eyepatch. Her coat is blue, and her mane is white and kept brushed to the left to give the scar extra prominence. Atop her head is a chef's hat, and she has a stout cudgel lashed to her back. Her flank is marked with three sticks of cinnamon making a triangle.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    The dragon keeper chuckles, her "wards" making their way back into their respective pockets, full from insects. Oddly enough, there's no bulge wherever they end up...
    Ah, no thank you, I generally don't drink right after waking up. She gently refutes the offer of a drink.
    Shift shrugs and puts the empty glass down on the counter.

"Well, leaves more for me!"

He downs the rest of his own drink and puts that glass on the counter as well, beside the first.

"Made those myself. Firs' things I ever made."

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "There could be, I don't know for sure." Ashley doesn't acknowledge NO, being a former member would only lead to complications in that kind of talk. "It's been weeks since I last saw her. She could be hurt, not in the Nexus anymore..."
    "Wish I could help you kiddo," Adir sighs, looking at Ashley sympathetically. He might be able to track somebody down, but the stag's sorta got his own problems right now. He slides Ashley's drink back toward her. "Seriously, take a drink. No use fretting about it. Who do you think's out for your blood?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #67

Ashley hesitates a little before grabbing her ale and knocking it back. "Godkiller. I can't really tell you more," she says.

8. - Top - End - #68

"Hey, s'cool," Adir says, shrugging his shoulders and sipping more slowly at his third round. "You don't gotta tell me a thing. Tender, another for the lady here. She could use it."

Oh, I nearly forgot about Mia's waving! Well, I'll merely say they notice eachother at this point instead, and the stag waves back. "Oh, hey Mia. And, um, Shawna." Ah yes. The technopaladin. He recalls them not meeting much, but the few times they did it wasn't on good terms. One fight in particular comes to Adir's mind.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #69

"No, I shouldn't. I might have to use magic later," Ashley says.

10. - Top - End - #70

Well.

Those three don't look at all questionable.

Bill seems vaguely leery. Timseam offers a kindly smile!

"Hello there ma'ams and sir!" Apparently the hobbit is knowledgeable enough to tell the difference between a mare and a stallion. That's more than can be said for a decent chunk of the Nexus population. But then again, the very Shire-y feel of Carousel Court has attracted a pretty sizable hobbit population there, so that probably isn't too surprising. "Timseam Proudfeet at you illustrious service! How can I help you on this beautiful autumn day?"

Bill is letting Timseam do the talking. But then again, he often lets Tim do the talking. Tim has a way of talking himself into (and then out of) trouble that's quite the sight to behold.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #71

A drow in a maroon tunic with a black chest plate and wearing a crimson cloak enters and walks into the bar.
    A Hot Chocolate please.
    She might accidentally slam into the hobbit, not seeing him
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-08 at 01:56 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #72

Silly drow with their accidents.

Always accidentally bumping into people and accidentally stealing their purse and accidentally enslaving whole races.

Anywho!

Timseam is bumped into.

That must have taken quite the effort since he was seated at the bar.

"Oh ho! Well a how do you do to you, too, miss!" the hobbit says with a sing-songy lute to his tone. "Fancy bumping into you today!"

Bill face-hoofs at the awful pun.

13. - Top - End - #73

Hahaha, whatever suits you.
    Oh, that's nice.

Clara chuckles, still waking up...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Silly drow with their accidents.

Always accidentally bumping into people and accidentally stealing their purse and accidentally enslaving whole races.

Anywho!

Timseam is bumped into.

That must have taken quite the effort since he was seated at the bar.

"Oh ho! Well a how do you do to you, too, miss!" the hobbit says with a sing-songy lute to his tone. "Fancy bumping into you today!"

Bill face-hoofs at the awful pun.
    Xenna turns to apologize
    Sorry, I have a lot on my mind. Glad to meet you, halfling.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

"Greetings, sirs. We weren't expecting to see other ponies in this establishment. I am Cap'n Volley Shot, and this is my crew, Doc Sorebones and the quartermaster and ship's chef, Cinnamon Stick." The unicorn motions to the pegasus and earth pony respectively as she speaks with her right foreleg. Her left foreleg is made of wood and cannot bend.

16. - Top - End - #76

"Oh no no no, simply 'halfing' just won't do. My name is Timseam Proudfeet, because they are, you see?" Tim laughs.

And shows off his feet.

They are without question feet that any hobbit would be proud of. He clearly brushes them regularly.

"And this is my best friend and partner in getting into trouble, Bill!"

"Mostly I'm his partner in getting out of trouble," the pony corrects. After all, Tim is the one who always comes up with their hair-brained capers. But Bill isn't about to let his friend go it alone. And though he might not say it he enjoys the excitement, too.

The trio of other ponies are given a friendly nod. "And a pleasure to meet your acquaintances. Most hooved folks stick to Carousel Court, though there are a few that venture around to other parts of the city. Trog's is one of the best places to catch wind of adventure, so Tim and I make sure to stop by regularly."

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "No, I shouldn't. I might have to use magic later," Ashley says.
    "Awww, c'mon. What could happen?" Adir says, jinxing the whole thing like an idiot. He shoves the second mug at Ashley all the same before downing whats left in his glass.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

"We've been there. I didn't like it much; I grew up in a freeport, and Carousel Court is nothing like a freeport. Doc did, though; he's a Ponyvillian." Cinnamon says. Freeports in the Equestria they are from are often crowded, noisy places where everything has a price and everypony is an outlaw, pirate, smuggler, rebel, mercenary, or something similarly unsavoury.

19. - Top - End - #79

"Oh no no no, simply 'halfing' just won't do. My name is Timseam Proudfeet, because they are, you see?" Tim laughs.

And shows off his feet.

They are without question feet that any hobbit would be proud of. He clearly brushes them regularly.

"And this is my best friend and partner in getting into trouble, Bill!"

"Mostly I'm his partner in getting out of trouble," the pony corrects. After all, Tim is the one who always comes up with their hair-brained capers. But Bill isn't about to let his friend go it alone. And though he might not say it he enjoys the excitement, too.

The trio of other ponies are given a friendly nod. "And a pleasure to meet your acquaintances. Most hooved folks stick to Carousel Court, though there are a few that venture around to other parts of the city. Trog's is one of the best places to catch wind of adventure, so Tim and I make sure to stop by regularly."
    The drow puts her left fist over the right side of her chest as she responds, the customary greeting of her race.
    Glad to meet you. Chessxenna of house Maeana. Most people call me Xenna.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #80

"My family and Tim's both ended up in the Nexus from Mystara a few generations back. From the stories I've been told most of the people in this crazy city hail from wildly different worlds even if they seem to have similarities," Bill gives a shrug. "There's a lot out there in the cosmos. It's pretty overwhelming when you try to sit down and think about it. Heh. I guess that's why we're planning on collecting some rare mushrooms instead of contemplating the mysteries of reality."

Tim has his mind on other things!

"Well met, Miss Xenna! I don't suppose you're one of those drow who's in to straps and whips, are you?" the hobbit asks with a sly wink.

Bill groans from nearby.

See that right there?

Perfect example of Tim talking his way into trouble.

21. - Top - End - #81

hmm... Mystara... Don't think I've heard of it. I hail from Menzobarrenzan, in Faerun
    The drow laughs, amused
    Afraid not, Tim. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-08 at 03:53 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

"What kind of rare mushrooms?" Doc Sorebones is curious. He'd like to know if they have medical properties.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Awww, c'mon. What could happen?" Adir says, jinxing the whole thing like an idiot. He shoves the second mug at Ashley all the same before downing whats left in his glass.
    "Anything could. Alcohol messes with magic a lot for me," Ashley says, not taking the other glass.

24. - Top - End - #84

Bill gives a bit of a whistle. "Well... as I understand it, miss, there are a number of tangentially related worlds out there. The one you're from is called... eerr... Abeir-Toril? I think? Then there's Eberron, Oerth, and Mystara where my ancestors came from. I'm sure there are more, but I don't know about them."

Hazzah for DnD settings?

"Fantastical mushrooms!" Tim replies to the doctor. "But very rare. And very hard to collect, too. Jealously guarded by horrors that would freeze the blood inside your veins!"

"Mostly just various types of predatory fungus monsters," Bill corrects. "They aren't that much of a threat so long as you know what you're doing."

"They're supposed to taste really great! And aside from that they're a potent base for quite a few medicinal potions," Tim adds.

25. - Top - End - #85

Bill gives a bit of a whistle. "Well... as I understand it, miss, there are a number of tangentially related worlds out there. The one you're from is called... eerr... Abeir-Toril? I think? Then there's Eberron, Oerth, and Mystara where my ancestors came from. I'm sure there are more, but I don't know about them."

Hazzah for DnD settings?

"Fantastical mushrooms!" Tim replies to the doctor. "But very rare. And very hard to collect, too. Jealously guarded by horrors that would freeze the blood inside your veins!"

"Mostly just various types of predatory fungus monsters," Bill corrects. "They aren't that much of a threat so long as you know what you're doing."

"They're supposed to taste really great! And aside from that they're a potent base for quite a few medicinal potions," Tim adds.
    The drow looks interested about their adventure.
    I'd be glad to help if you want. I'm a cleric, so I can provide healing and divine magic.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-08 at 04:21 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

"As would we. We have nothing else to do, and we are well able to defend ourselves. The skies of our Equestria are plagued by pirates." Which is true. These three ponies are some of those pirates, and as such, were rarely bothered by them.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Hahaha, whatever suits you.
    Oh, that's nice.

Clara chuckles, still waking up...
    Shift looks proudly, if a little cross-eyed, at his glasses, and, when he speaks, his words are slurred.

"They were shposed to be flow'r potsh fur my muvver. I didn't have enouf breathsh."

Translation: 'They were supposed to be flower pots for my mother. I didn't have enough breath.'

28. - Top - End - #88

Timseam is vaguely surprised! "Really now? You lot would risk life and limb to help a few strangers collect some mushrooms? What a marvelous thing!"

Bill wrinkles his nose slightly. "Are you sure? This won't be a safe journey by all accounts. Timseam and I have plenty of experience with adventures out in the wilds."

Fighting pirates and fighting bloodthirsty monsters can be quite different, after all.

And one mistake can have dire results...

Of course...

The pirates know that well enough.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

"In our case, we aren't risking as much limb as others would." Volley taps her pegleg against the ground to demonstrate as the other pirate ponies chuckle at her words. "We have experience in dangerous situations, and we all keep calm under pressure. Plus, Doc Sorebones is a trained surgeon, and a skilled one- if you don't believe me, I'll show you my stump; he's the one that cleaned it up after the cannonball took my leg off. Adventurers need a medic; I've had some aboard my ship a time or too, and the ones that came back took some form of healer with them. And you don't seem to have any ranged weaponry, whilst I carry five, four of which I feel comfortable using in most situations." The fifth is a more modern pistol she doesn't have much spare ammunition for, received from a changeling infiltrator.

30. - Top - End - #90

It can't be any harder than living in a drow settlement. Besides, I can take care of myself. The blade on my belt isn't for show, you know.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show