New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLVI

Libra raises her eyebrow at the fighting starts. While fights were exciting and all, it wasn't something she got involved in. It did ruin the competition though but maybe she could think of something else?

She turns to Arty instead with a wide grin, the chairs and stools somehow avoiding her as they fly. "What about you and me talk instead huh? The others must focus on the fight now!" She suggests as a chair comes flying right over Libra's head. The woman don't even appear to notice however even if her hair get's all ruffled up.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Arty smiles as he reaches up and catches a flying chair by the leg.
    Sure, about what? I admit I wasn't much paying attention to you folks' conversation until the end.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

The fight is, quite frankly, silly.

For some mysterious reason the furniture and objects in the tavern can't seem to hurt anyone despite the fact that for all account they should be able to. It's really rather mysterious.

And more than a little rowdy.

There's tussling and brawling and at some point Sunder manages to get that ork from earlier into a head-lock. It's a wonder that there aren't any injuries despite the flagrant absurdity of it all.

It seems almost like a comical play depicting a bar brawl rather than an actual bar brawl.

Weird.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #184

"Oh I just offered those two gals to give them a prank in exchange for a drinking contest. But then they decided to bar fight instead soooo..." Libra shrugs. "I am Libra by the way, who are you?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, sorry. Call me Arty. I'm not much of the prankster type. I do scare people a lot, though. A lot of times they don't hear me coming for some reason.
    He says thinking about that odd effect.

6. - Top - End - #186

Libra puts her hand under her chin and looks thoughtfully at Arty. "So what kind of type are you then Arty? What do you want?" Libra seems to ignore everything as well. After all, nothing appears to be coming her way.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I was in school when I came here, and I would like to go finish my education sometime. I'm running low on money so I guess I need a job soon, two. And friends. I only know two people in this whole city, three with you, and they're not really around. I'm not great with talking, and I'm worse with the fillies. Oh gosh I must look like a nerd. he says, clearly embarrassed.

8. - Top - End - #188

"Pffh, I don't even know what a nerd is!" Libra proclaims proudly. "But I can fix you up with something if you want. I know some people around here that I was planning to visit anyway now that I returned to full power." She nods at Arty.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, that would be cool. I mean, I really would like to finish medical school and such but I can settle for whatever until I'm qualified for something in my field. he gives another appreciative smile.

10. - Top - End - #190

Invidia seems to be in her element. She moves her left hand like that of a conductor, as her summoned Friend Demon hugs and flings opponents cheerfully, like a ballerina entered the fray.

Invidia has... Odd choices of summons.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

11. - Top - End - #191

As quickly as the goofy melee started it ends. People go back to their conversations as if nothing had happened and new rounds of food and drink are ordered.

The sight is nothing short of surreal.

Sunder comes trotting back over to the endless barrel of booze and discovers a centaur!

Ugh...

Centaurs always creeped her out.

It's like someone lopped the head off a pony and attached a human torso to the stump of a neck. She decides to give the guy some person space.

"Okay, so, that was a good time I guess," Sunder laughs as she hops back up onto her stool. She's keeping an eye on that centaur just in case he does something weird....

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Aye, I served Paladin so resolutely, it feels like I'm leaving his service to join anything else...

Shift is beginning to understand something, although he doesn't show it.

"So, you were like a 'holy knight' or something?"

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    As quickly as the goofy melee started it ends. People go back to their conversations as if nothing had happened and new rounds of food and drink are ordered.

The sight is nothing short of surreal.

Sunder comes trotting back over to the endless barrel of booze and discovers a centaur!

Ugh...

Centaurs always creeped her out.

It's like someone lopped the head off a pony and attached a human torso to the stump of a neck. She decides to give the guy some person space.

"Okay, so, that was a good time I guess," Sunder laughs as she hops back up onto her stool. She's keeping an eye on that centaur just in case he does something weird....
    Invidia chuckles.
    Agreed!
    She hasn't dismissed the Friend Demon yet.
    (Feel free to dictate NPC actions for it. It's a bit like a child, with the whole naive fun-loving spirit.)
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #194

To celebrate the spontaneous brawl Sunder tosses back another mug of hard cider. The cup is just sort of sticking to her hoof, somehow. Must be magnets. Or some kind of minor limited telekinesis. Or something.

"Y'know, I don't think a drinkin' game would work out either way,"
    the pegasus muses. "I already drunk a ton tonight. And if I get magiced into a spindly human dollars to donuts I pass out on the spot."

She has been drinking quite a bit already. And she's pleasantly buzzed. Which would probably translate to falling down drunk on a 150 pound biped.

"So if we wanna contest? We need somethin' else. I'm open to ideas."

Sunder waves one hoof around as if doing so will cause ideas to be woven from the empty air.

15. - Top - End - #195

The drow takes a few sips of her wine. Still not bothering to pour it into a glass.
    At this rate, she'll pass out drunk
    Fist fight?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-13 at 07:46 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Sunder blinks.

Then busts up laughing.

"Okay, two things. One? No fists." Sunder waves a hoof as a visual aid. "And two?"

She turns in her stool so her right flank is visible. The fur on that side is oddly colored to form an image of a silver shield broken into several large pieces. One might even say that the shield is sundered.

"In case you don't know? That pretty picture on my butt shows where my magic is strongest. I break stuff. With these," she clops her hooves together for emphasis. "I'd be pullin' my punches like crazy. How 'bout a singin' contest instead? I think I got enough drinks in me to make a shlub of myself in public."

17. - Top - End - #197

Sunder blinks.

Then busts up laughing.

"Okay, two things. One? No fists." Sunder waves a hoof as a visual aid. "And two?"

She turns in her stool so her right flank is visible. The fur on that side is oddly colored to form an image of a silver shield broken into several large pieces. One might even say that the shield is sundered.

"In case you don't know? That pretty picture on my butt shows where my magic is strongest. I break stuff. With these," she clops her hooves together for emphasis. "I'd be pullin' my punches like crazy. How 'bout a singin' contest instead? I think I got enough drinks in me to make a shlub of myself in public."
    yeah, you'd win. Hmm... I'm not very good. I guess it would be worth it to see that though.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #198

"Good at what? Singin'? Pfhahaha! Not on you life! But it's fun, y'know? That's what we're here for. Havin' a good ol' time," Sunder replies with a wide grin.

Then begins looking around the tavern for anyone who might be able to provide musical accompaniment. If she's going to be butchering some classic songs then she needs music to go with it!

Hmmm...

Maybe there's a karaoke machine hidden away somewhere.

That would be the most efficient way to cause everyone in the tavern to suffer.

Ah HA!

That grin on Sunder's face grows all the wider as she zips (somewhat drunkenly) over to a large pink machine with a microphone attached. "Yesssss!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-10-13 at 08:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

"Good at what? Singin'? Pfhahaha! Not on you life! But it's fun, y'know? That's what we're here for. Havin' a good ol' time," Sunder replies with a wide grin.

Then begins looking around the tavern for anyone who might be able to provide musical accompaniment. If she's going to be butchering some classic songs then she needs music to go with it!

Hmmm...

Maybe there's a karaoke machine hidden away somewhere.

That would be the most efficient way to cause everyone in the tavern to suffer.

Ah HA!

That grin on Sunder's face grows all the wider as she zips (somewhat drunkenly) over to a large pink machine with a microphone attached. "Yesssss!"
    The drow is right behind her, riding her Friend Demon.
    Hey Buddy, could you stand slightly inform of the stage just in case they start throwing stuff at us? Thanks!
    The demon slithers away in front of the "stage", really just the place where the machine is.
    Woo! Free tomatoes!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-13 at 08:23 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #200

Sunder begins hrrming as she looks over the machine, prodding at the thing and trying to figure out how to get it to work properly. Don't ask how she manages to accomplish anything between those tiny buttons and her hooves.

After a bit of time Sunder finally manages to get the contraption operating and looks over some of the songs it contains. Given that the thing is hooked up to Teh Internets it contains all the songs.

All of them.

"Oh hey, there's that ear worm Petal Confetti likes,"
    Sunder comments with a lopsided grin. "One I know, at least."

Oh does she ever know it. Given how often Petal is at the very least humming the tune it's pretty hard to forget.

Sunder boots up the machine and begins to sing along with the music.

She's absolutely awful.

But at least she's having fun!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, who might be here?
    Tsuna, of course. The coyote-eared gal sips a drink, watching as karaoke closes in on them all like a storm made of drunk people.
    Frowning, she realizes she's not drunk enough for this yet and orders something other than Ribena.
    She does enjoy the singing, more because the singer is having a good time than because of anything else.
    Last edited by Beans; 2013-10-13 at 08:47 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Sunder begins hrrming as she looks over the machine, prodding at the thing and trying to figure out how to get it to work properly. Don't ask how she manages to accomplish anything between those tiny buttons and her hooves.

After a bit of time Sunder finally manages to get the contraption operating and looks over some of the songs it contains. Given that the thing is hooked up to Teh Internets it contains all the songs.

All of them.

"Oh hey, there's that ear worm Petal Confetti likes,"
    Sunder comments with a lopsided grin. "One I know, at least."

Oh does she ever know it. Given how often Petal is at the very least humming the tune it's pretty hard to forget.

Sunder boots up the machine and begins to sing along with the music.

She's absolutely awful.

But at least she's having fun!
    Celica picked the wrong time to enter.
    She is now clutching her rabbit ears and trying to stop hearing the singing.

Invidia sings along with her, just as equally painfully.

Now Celica is trying to cover both her human and rabbit ears.
    And doubling over in pain.
    Likely bumping into Tsuna as she searches for earmuffs
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-13 at 08:52 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #203

Some people laugh. Some people clap. And at least one person throws a rotten durian at the stage. Thankfully Sunder isn't so drunk that she can't dodge the offensively odoriferous fruit.

"Thank you, thank you, and I'm gunna break the teeth of whoever tossed that nasty thing!" the pegasus laughs. "Okay! Somepony else pick and song and get crackin'! We're gunna have some fun!"

Woohoo!

Fun!

Who might pick out the next song?

Stay tuned to find out!

Sunder moves up along side the doggy-eared gal. "What about you, huh? Brave enough or drunk enough to try singin'?"

24. - Top - End - #204

Mind if I?
    Unless stopped, the drow picks a song.
    All I need is to have a good time!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsuna looks at her Jack and Coke and giggles nervously. Not just yet, but after this I think I will be...
    She takes a brave swig and nearly falls over.
    Ahrjgeig alcohol why.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206

Celica lets go of her ears.
    Thank god they stopped! I think my ears are bleeding.
    She turns to Tsuna.
    Are my ears bleeding?! They really hurt! Wait, how can I bleed? That wouldn't really make any sense at all! Hey, are you a Faunus as well?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-10-13 at 10:56 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike winks at Fettina, grinning as she notes the sparkly girl's reaction ot the drink, before downing her own with a similar reaction. "Man, it'd been awhile for me too...I'd forgotten how good those things were," she purrs. "And hey, you're back now. That means we get to catch up! Although I haven't had much going on myself," she admits with a shrug and a sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "I see. I'm not good in either. There was never any need for such things where I'm from."
    "Oh? Why not?" Shawna asks, curious, before looking towards the karakoke machine...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #208
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NatsuGaki View Post
    Shift is beginning to understand something, although he doesn't show it.

"So, you were like a 'holy knight' or something?"
    Well, doesn't he catch on fast...
    Wizard, technically, but yes. You get the idea.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Halfling in the Playground

"Nexus taverns are... the best," Tina declares, looking at the karaoke as if it's more evidence of the same. She laughs at the spectacle, making a noise like wind chimes.

"Oh, I've been busy enough for the both of us. It involved a lot more thinking and walking than I'm used to," Tina says, nodding to herself. "But I resolved to start doing... something with my life. Y'know, become big in the music scene, get together with my dad for once, maybe find a boyfriend. Or girlfriend. Maybe." She smirks and gestures for another round.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-10-14 at 12:15 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Celica lets go of her ears.
    Thank god they stopped! I think my ears are bleeding.
    She turns to Tsuna.
    Are my ears bleeding?! They really hurt! Wait, how can I bleed? That wouldn't really make any sense at all! Hey, are you a Faunus as well?
    Um, I have no idea if they're bleeding, but I dunno what a Faunus is. I'm just a coyote-lady and stuff! She finishes her drink and falls over for real.
    GONNA SING SOME QUEEN I'M GON' DO IT soon as I stand up.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show