New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FwM] Miscellaneous Outside Adventures: Double Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Hay Bale hated professional time.

There isn't much we can do now but clean up the mess, sir. Hay Bale said calmly, adjusting her shades. You're safe now. Try to relax.

"I know I know..."
    Balboa took himself a long swig and lazily laid a hoof along Strawberry's back. He hated this so much, not really for what actually happened but because it was something not within the realm of his control, it wasn't supposed to be like this. He glanced over at Hay Bale and grimly smiled.

"Do have like a mode with your pheromones that you could send out to help me relax but not get me all...we will say 'pervy',?"
    Last edited by Benson; 2015-06-15 at 01:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I know I know..."
    Balboa took himself a long swig and lazily laid a hoof along Strawberry's back. He hated this so much, not really for what actually happened but because it was something not within the realm of his control, it wasn't supposed to be like this. He glanced over at Hay Bale and grimly smiled.

"Do have like a mode with your pheromones that you could send out to help me relax but not get me all...we will say 'pervy',?"
    Yes. But it'd still be airborne, so I have no way to limit it to just you. She cocked an eyebrow. Call me crazy, but relaxing your personal guard seems like the worst possible idea in this situation.

I could try making it liquid and mixing it into your water or something, but you'd have to keep drinking it every 10 minutes or so.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2015-06-15 at 02:26 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. But it'd still be airborne, so I have no way to limit it to just you. She cocked an eyebrow. Call me crazy, but relaxing your personal guard seems like the worst possible idea in this situation.

I could try making it liquid and mixing it into your water or something, but you'd have to keep drinking it every 10 minutes or so.

"The latter sounds counter productive to relaxing,"
    Balboa sighed to himself and then twirled his hoof. "You four.." He gestured to the guards. "Two of you go upstairs and make sure it is still secured, and you two, go...something perimeter...outside halls. I will be fine with Miss Hay Bale for now." He gave the mutant pone a small smile.

"Yes sir." And the guards went to do fulfill their orders.

"There we go, issue solved for now,"
    The stressed stallion declared with another twirl of his hoof and lazy smirk at Hay Bale.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Manehatten Brouhaha

"I dunno...maybe..."
    Fox sighed as for a while he just stared at Icy. There was a funky itch under his neck. He glanced at his saddle bag knowing what exactly was inside, well what it supposedly was supposed to be. "It might be pricey but maybe we can find a professional Teleporter who can send us back to Bridle Shores. Frankly....I want to put this whole mess behind us like how ya said...heh...hmmm..sigh..." He tiredly sigh, looking between Icy and Lone Star.
    "Like you said, it'll be pricey. I think..." She hummed. "... perhaps not. It's only a short walk to the train station, and it'll be far cheaper as well."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

"The latter sounds counter productive to relaxing,"
    Balboa sighed to himself and then twirled his hoof. "You four.." He gestured to the guards. "Two of you go upstairs and make sure it is still secured, and you two, go...something perimeter...outside halls. I will be fine with Miss Hay Bale for now." He gave the mutant pone a small smile.

"Yes sir." And the guards went to do fulfill their orders.

"There we go, issue solved for now,"
    The stressed stallion declared with another twirl of his hoof and lazy smirk at Hay Bale.
    Hay Bale sighed and adjusted her glasses and trotted close to Balboa and strawberry. Fine. But I will inform you again, this is a bad idea.

Balboa would feel the effects very quickly - the tension in his muscles drained away, his eyelids became very heavy, there was a warm bliss in his belly... Ah, Hay Bale certainly knew her relaxants. While Balboa certainly had the strength to move, he didn't feel like he really needed to. He was floating on cloud nine, and every little thing was gonna be alright.

Strawberry would feel something similar.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

[STATIC Friction]

Flare stood on a small island of stone within her own little lava pool, feeling the heat flowing through her.

"Ah... I haven't felt so good in three hundred years!"

Her magic reached under the ground into the mountain's fiery heart, then gave a powerful pull, causing a geyser of hot molten rock to erupt right under the beast.

[Desert]

It was only a few days since the two ponies and one griffon had departed Bridle Shores, yet it felt like an eternity. The first leg of the journey, up through the mountains, had been peaceful and scenic, but once they reached the desert itself, it became unpleasant. Only scattered oases broke up the monotony of endless waves of sand and rock, and the sky during daytime was empty save for the relentless sun. Most of their actual progress was made at dawn or dusk, since the overbearing heat of the day and the chill and darkness of night were not ideal conditions to be on the move. It did help to be shrouded in a good robe as Blueshield was, but even she seemed uncomfortable with the worst of the climate.

The Knight had been all business for most of the trek, which didn't help with the monotony at all. The few times she spoke up, it was to report on their progress, point out which way to go next, or give advice about how to survive. If the other two were interested in small talk, it was up to them.

By this time, sunset was approaching. All things considered, they had been making good time; Blueshield thought they could make it to their destination before noon the next day. This area seemed familiar, even though the shifting sands made it hard to tell sometimes, and she felt that if they could just make it to the next oasis, they'd be fine.

Everything was quiet, save for the faint whistling of winds. Above them, a pair of forms - it was hard to tell what they were at this distance, but they looked ponylike to the griffon's sharp eyes - circled slowly. It was up to the trio what to make of this calm. Perhaps it was relaxing, perhaps it made them restless, or perhaps it seemed like just a calm before a storm...
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2015-06-21 at 03:00 AM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

Desert

The key annoyance, the dust. The constant presence of sand is not something the griffon is not really acclimating to well. The resting during the days were filled with a rather absurd amount of preening. At least they never came across a true storm. That would be 'going through smoke' levels of discomfort.

The relative quiet suits him well though. Previous to making it to Bridle Shores, he spent a long time alone. In fact, he's probably the one that has been away from the group the most, ducking out to politely 'save on supplies'. Most ponies don't take well to the idea of meat.

The new visitors could be interesting though. "How do your ponies signal each other?" the griffon asks looking up at the shapes.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Desert

The griffon and Blueshield might be used to the silence, Snowflake certainly wasn't. It just wasn't her habit to not talk to ponies. Thus by the time they reached the desert, the pegasus was half-bored out of her mind, helped only by the fact that they were actually visiting lands she had never seen in her entire life. Especially the desert. When she first glimpsed it, she just couldn't believe how much sand there was. She seen the pictures, yes, but to see them with your own eyes was something else.

Of course, wonder quickly turned to a seething dislike of the harsh terrain. It was the sand. They got into everything. Her clothes and robes. Her gear. Her bags. Even her wings. Spending upwards of an hour just cleaning her pack out was proving to be a tedious and unpleasant facet of her routine now. Some nights, she wondered what she gotten herself into. But still... she had volunteered for this. Might as well stick with it. At the very least, it couldn't get any worse...

On the griffon words, the pegasus squinted upwards at the direction of his gaze, but to her less keen pony eyes, it was just specks in the skies. "Huh. You think someone else is out here with us?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Desert]

Blueshield glanced up.

"Those are ponies? Hmm... It would be peculiar for Knight scouts to watch from afar rather than welcoming me directly, and this isn't the time for leisurely flights. A signal would be a good idea."

She held up her shield, then carefully reoriented it so the silver lioness emblem caught the light.

"That should alert them to my identity, or at least my status. Should their intentions be benevolent, they will know to come down. Otherwise, they will likely let us by. Irrelevant ponies would simply carry on with their business, and sensible bandits would prefer easier prey..."

At this point, the ponies above began to spiral downwards rapidly. As they got closer, it became clear that they were armed with small blades and stirring up the winds as they went.

"Those clearly aren't Knights. Get to high ground and take cover!" hissed Blueshield. "Condemnation, I forgot the plentiful supply of senseless brigands." She then scrambled for a particularly large rock.

All around them, sand was starting to rise into the air. It wouldn't be long before the raiders managed to start a full sandstorm.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Like you said, it'll be pricey. I think..." She hummed. "... perhaps not. It's only a short walk to the train station, and it'll be far cheaper as well."

"I don't know if I am up for another train ride if you know what I mean,"
    He frowned thinking about their earlier experience with the train the day before. In the back of his mind, more important thoughts were swimming and trying not to drown...the potion...if it really was legit and everything related to it. He looked on the ill side.

Hay Bale sighed and adjusted her glasses and trotted close to Balboa and strawberry. Fine. But I will inform you again, this is a bad idea.

Balboa would feel the effects very quickly - the tension in his muscles drained away, his eyelids became very heavy, there was a warm bliss in his belly... Ah, Hay Bale certainly knew her relaxants. While Balboa certainly had the strength to move, he didn't feel like he really needed to. He was floating on cloud nine, and every little thing was gonna be alright.

Strawberry would feel something similar.
    Strawberry softly purred and nuzzled the older stallion who continued to lazily pet her backside. A dopey relaxed smile on his face. Dopey smiles clearly ran in the family.

"Mmm...this...feels nice....I don't see how it is a bad idea my *yaaawwwn* dear and lovely Hay Bale..."
    Last edited by Benson; 2015-06-25 at 05:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Strawberry softly purred and nuzzled the older stallion who continued to lazily pet her backside. A dopey relaxed smile on his face. Dopey smiles clearly ran in the family.

"Mmm...this...feels nice....I don't see how it is a bad idea my *yaaawwwn* dear and lovely Hay Bale..."
    Because- She stopped, then shook her head, smiling. Never mind. I'm supposed to be helping you relax.

The fact that she could have ripped out Strawberry's rib and Balboa wouldn't have expressed any concern (until she stabbed him with it, and even then it would've been like a loud noise at most) could wait until much later.

She batted her eyelashes and trotted slowly towards the two. May this humble bodyguard join in the cuddling... sir~?

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Because- She stopped, then shook her head, smiling. Never mind. I'm supposed to be helping you relax.

The fact that she could have ripped out Strawberry's rib and Balboa wouldn't have expressed any concern (until she stabbed him with it, and even then it would've been like a loud noise at most) could wait until much later.

She batted her eyelashes and trotted slowly towards the two. May this humble bodyguard join in the cuddling... sir~?

"Mmmm....I do not see why not my dear *yaaaaaaawn* an extra warm body could be nice....mmmm....Oh goddesses I do not remember this couch being so comfy before...like one could sink into it.."
    Balboa yawned again simultaneously giving Strawberry a gentle pressure (since well he can't really squeeze ;P) on her thigh. "Strawberry....were you always this soft?" *yaaaaaaawn*

"Mmmm...hauh?...I guess so Balby,"
    Strawberry purred while Balboa was just so relaxed he couldn't find the effort to wince and grimace and the stupid pet name like he would have normally.
    Last edited by Benson; 2015-06-26 at 12:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [The Desert]

Blueshield glanced up.

"Those are ponies? Hmm... It would be peculiar for Knight scouts to watch from afar rather than welcoming me directly, and this isn't the time for leisurely flights. A signal would be a good idea."

She held up her shield, then carefully reoriented it so the silver lioness emblem caught the light.

"That should alert them to my identity, or at least my status. Should their intentions be benevolent, they will know to come down. Otherwise, they will likely let us by. Irrelevant ponies would simply carry on with their business, and sensible bandits would prefer easier prey..."

At this point, the ponies above began to spiral downwards rapidly. As they got closer, it became clear that they were armed with small blades and stirring up the winds as they went.

"Those clearly aren't Knights. Get to high ground and take cover!" hissed Blueshield. "Condemnation, I forgot the plentiful supply of senseless brigands." She then scrambled for a particularly large rock.

All around them, sand was starting to rise into the air. It wouldn't be long before the raiders managed to start a full sandstorm.
    Snowflake raised her hoof to shield her eyes from the increasing presence of sand in the air. "Gnh! They're whipping up the winds!" The pegasus followed Blueshield towards the large rock, her weapon already hanging ready. "What should we do?" she asked, trusting Blueshield's judgement more than her own.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmmm....I do not see why not my dear *yaaaaaaawn* an extra warm body could be nice....mmmm....Oh goddesses I do not remember this couch being so comfy before...like one could sink into it.."
    Balboa yawned again simultaneously giving Strawberry a gentle pressure (since well he can't really squeeze ;P) on her thigh. "Strawberry....were you always this soft?" *yaaaaaaawn*

"Mmmm...hauh?...I guess so Balby,"
    Strawberry purred while Balboa was just so relaxed he couldn't find the effort to wince and grimace and the stupid pet name like he would have normally.
    Hay Bale snuggled up with the two. She kept her ears peeled and nose open for anything susipcious, but this close to Balboa and Strawberry she could protect them from just about anything short of a missile.

And honestly, even then, if she left Strawberry to die she could probably save Balboa.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #195

Desert

The griffon's combat experience and past-life training tell him not to simply walk to high ground. The problem isn't in the air, but rather at the ground. Plus very few pegasi have ranged weapons usable in the air. In this context, it seems simple what should be done. Using his hind legs for some extra power, he launches into the air and grabs for his bow. If they are bandits, disciplined resistance is the best route. Also probably shoot them full of arrows until they die.

"Get above the wind!"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Static Shock

This had truly not been a mission that Static had been looking forwards to, the weather was out of control, the Ursa Minor was resisting each of her attempts to simply overload it's brain, and she was stuck with these idiots. Though, it's not like they were going to let her handle a solo-mission so what was the use of dwelling on things she can't control.

All around her were comrades pulling out all the stops to deal with this beast, and in order for Static to not cause any collateral damage she was going to need to get into the thick of what was going to me a mess of magma and tentacles. She took a deep breath and stared up at the celestial bear before zipping forwards like a lightning bolt, zig-zagging through towards the beast with a crackling boom that would put the howling wind to shame.

She might be able to dodge the tentacles by themselves, be able to avoid the searing heat of the molten earth if that were the only thing to worry about, and perhaps be able to keep a step ahead of the Ursa Minor by it's lonesome. But all three at the same time with more challenges incoming?

Maybe, maybe not.

But why should that matter, they're bringing the thunder so she's going to need to start it off with the lightning!

Bitter Herb

The pegasus just chuckles as she pours the tea into a pot and carries it over. "It's not so grand as some others I've seen 'ere so far." And that was true, there had been some truly ridiculous homes and flats that she'd seen in the course of her jobs so far.

"What's this job gonna need me for? We lookin' for more inspiration, or you goin' on a book tour?"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

S.T.A.T.I.C.

The massive beast howls its frustration to the heavens, briefly eclipsing all other sound as a gout of fiery-hot magma spewed from the ground underneath it, dousing both the beast's fur and, unfortunately, the tentacles swirling madly around its feet, trying to restrain it. The magma covers most of the arm it brings up to protect itself, steaming and burning its flesh and fur like hot coffee spilled over a bare arm. It curls forward and begins its trundling motions toward the sources of its frustration, but is quickly set back on its heels by the force of Static's battlefield entry, disrupting some of the smoke and fog around it, and allowing the others (including Hay Bale) the opportunity to see the area more clearly.

As for the Ursa itself, aside from a slight burn on its upper-left arm, a grim disposition, and being unable to move while it regains its balance, it seems that all objectives other than making it angry have, for the time being, experienced a setback.

All this on top of Stellar's voice through the Mind Web, audible to Gwyn and Flare. Please tell me that was the sound of it dying so we can get out of this stupid snow.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Bitter Herb

The pegasus just chuckles as she pours the tea into a pot and carries it over. "It's not so grand as some others I've seen 'ere so far." And that was true, there had been some truly ridiculous homes and flats that she'd seen in the course of her jobs so far.

"What's this job gonna need me for? We lookin' for more inspiration, or you goin' on a book tour?"
    The unicorn took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly, trying to collect her thoughts. This was it, Pulp, let's not fumble this bit. "Actually, uh, it's more of a publisher t-t-thing. I... a-ah... have a publisher in the griffon lands, a-and he h-hasn't been answering m-my letters lately. I-I'm worried for h-him, so I-I figured I'd stop by to see if h-he's alright." She fidgeted nervously. "I f-figured you know... it'll be best to have s-someone friendly to a-accompany me, and I-I thought of you..."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Snowflake raised her hoof to shield her eyes from the increasing presence of sand in the air. "Gnh! They're whipping up the winds!" The pegasus followed Blueshield towards the large rock, her weapon already hanging ready. "What should we do?" she asked, trusting Blueshield's judgement more than her own.
    "Stay calm, cover yourself, and wait it out. They'll likely have as much trouble as us with their own storm-"

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    The griffon's combat experience and past-life training tell him not to simply walk to high ground. The problem isn't in the air, but rather at the ground. Plus very few pegasi have ranged weapons usable in the air. In this context, it seems simple what should be done. Using his hind legs for some extra power, he launches into the air and grabs for his bow. If they are bandits, disciplined resistance is the best route. Also probably shoot them full of arrows until they die.

"Get above the wind!"
    "Wait, what?"

The main issue of getting above the wind was that it required going right through the worst of it. Briefly, the griffon had to struggle to avoid getting pushed back to the ground or launched into a nearby dune.

Fortunately for him, the two bandit pegasi noticed him and broke formation before either could happen. One of them flung a knife while the other did a diving charge, aiming to stab the griffon's wing. Both attacks were pretty reckless, the brigands clearly trying to use aggression to compensate for their lack of skill.

Without anypony to keep brewing it, the sandstorm died down, revealing that two unicorns and an earth pony had emerged from behind another dune. It appeared that their cover had been blown before they could get into a proper ambush position. All three immediately sprinted for cover in different directions.

"One issue resolved and another created." Blueshield drew her crossbow and loaded several shots into it. "Snowflake, help him ground the fliers. I will keep the others occupied."

[STATIC's Charge]

"Hmm... It is tough, but we have made progress. I will apply more force."

Flare drew up a sharp spike of earth in front of the creature to stall it, then another lava geyser below it. Hopefully the same trick would work twice.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

"Stay calm, cover yourself, and wait it out. They'll likely have as much trouble as us with their own storm-"

"Wait, what?"

The main issue of getting above the wind was that it required going right through the worst of it. Briefly, the griffon had to struggle to avoid getting pushed back to the ground or launched into a nearby dune.

Fortunately for him, the two bandit pegasi noticed him and broke formation before either could happen. One of them flung a knife while the other did a diving charge, aiming to stab the griffon's wing. Both attacks were pretty reckless, the brigands clearly trying to use aggression to compensate for their lack of skill.

Without anypony to keep brewing it, the sandstorm died down, revealing that two unicorns and an earth pony had emerged from behind another dune. It appeared that their cover had been blown before they could get into a proper ambush position. All three immediately sprinted for cover in different directions.

"One issue resolved and another created." Blueshield drew her crossbow and loaded several shots into it. "Snowflake, help him ground the fliers. I will keep the others occupied."
    "Right!" Snowflake dropped her bags to the ground; the extra weight would only slow her down to almost no benefit, and took the air with a strong flap of her wings. "Hey you! Heads up!" The pegasus shouted at the two pegasi bandits, drawing out a dagger from the three she had kept in a belt, and flinging it at the nearest one. She wasn't aiming to hit with that one, only to keep them off-balance so she could close the distance and solve the problem in a more immediate fashion.

21. - Top - End - #201

"Wait, what?"

Magic. The griffon always seems to forget how magic is everywhere with ponies. If the two hadn't broken off, he would have ended up face down in the sand for his troubles. Luckily they seem... eager. The knife thrown at him would likely hit, though unless poisoned or cursed, it would only really cause a surface wound unless embedded into a joint.

The aggressive one though could be in trouble. The griffon is a seasoned warrior, and a reckless charge isn't the best option. He jukes back a bit with a flap of his wings and brings an arrow into the path of the charging pegasus. The shaft is likely to break off on contact, but if the bandit isn't wearing armor or is hit in an exposed place, the point is still going to lodge in.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

[You wrote a letter to WHO?!]

Dear Lemon Chiffon*

*if that IS your real name - doubtful, but it's the one I gave the guards I handed you over to

I couldn't get a message to your dad - I don't really know who or where he is - but enclosed you'll find Dark Ink, a drama. Unlike the trash you were reading on the train, this one has actual effort put into it. Hope you like it.

I also included a trashy romance/porno if you're more into that sorta thing (though I warn you now, they're an acquired taste). This one might've been confiscated by the guards.

If you want me to take a message to your dad, you can send me his address and such and I'll forward a message to him. Never mind, if you know his address you can probably tell him yourself.

Hope to see you free on good behavior soon, cutie!

Hugs and kisses,
    Moon Shadow

PS. There's also four three** packs of smokes. I hear one of those can get you anything in the joint.

**Store would only sell me 3, sorry.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Desert]

The charging bandit swerved in midair to avoid Snowflake's dagger, and found herself with an arrow in her side instead. With a cry, she started drifting to the ground, now more interested in fleeing than fighting.

The griffon took a knife to the wing, causing pain but no serious injury. Dismayed, the second pegasus flew toward the griffon, spinning and weaving a bit to throw off his aim.

A voice yelled in Mareabic from behind a nearby dune. "Use the wind, you idiots! The wind! Weaver, Luminescence, get out there- ARGH!" The speaker was cut off by a series of arcing crossbow quarrels.

"One might think you were deliberately causing us convenience," muttered Blueshield as she reloaded.

24. - Top - End - #204

[The Desert]

The charging bandit swerved in midair to avoid Snowflake's dagger, and found herself with an arrow in her side instead. With a cry, she started drifting to the ground, now more interested in fleeing than fighting.

The griffon took a knife to the wing, causing pain but no serious injury. Dismayed, the second pegasus flew toward the griffon, spinning and weaving a bit to throw off his aim.

A voice yelled in Mareabic from behind a nearby dune. "Use the wind, you idiots! The wind! Weaver, Luminescence, get out there- ARGH!" The speaker was cut off by a series of arcing crossbow quarrels.

"One might think you were deliberately causing us convenience," muttered Blueshield as she reloaded.
    As the second attacker comes in, the griffon realizes that shooting it probably won't work. It's reckless, perhaps not thinking. Concerned with dodging ranged fire. He steadies his position, begins tracking his foe's movements, and takes a deep breath. If the bandit gets close enough, he'll reach out to make a grab at its neck. Dexterity, something most beings forget about.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

S.T.A.T.I.C

Gwyn was lost in her own surge of power building up inside her as she continued to build up the magic she was readying for a huge over the top burst. The purple marebeast was getting her super saiyan on, her eyes turning white while her magical battle aura turned up by eleven on the shonen scale.

"Aaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!"
    She let out a loud warrior cry as the magic build up exploded out of her own and out into the surrounding area as then a mass of tree trunk thick tentacles erupted from the ground in all their tentacly fashion from underneath the beeeaaarrrrrr. A dark purplish aura hung thickly around them with a slight acidic lining to them.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Hay Bale shifted into a pegasus form and put as much muscle as she could into her legs. She took off with the speed of a cannonball, shooting straight for the Ursa's face.

THE BEARENSTEIN FAMILY SAYS HI!!!! She roared as she punched it.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Static Shock]

Chaos reigned within this small amount of space. Tentacles, magma, and some sort of hot-blooded shapeshifter taking most of Static's options away from her, which was making the little lightning bug pissed off. They get to cut loose and pull out all the stops, but if she does it there's always some pony in a suit telling her that they really needed that city to stay, or that shorting out all the electronics was causing too much trouble.

So she was usually stuck to one particular tactic, which she used well enough, but it was never quite the same as just turning into an oncoming storm and simply blasting the target to ash.

She zipped around the great beast, attempting to stay just behind it while the crackles and snaps of electricity grew louder and came more frequently. Within a few seconds the mare aimed for the Ursa's neck and simply touched it with her hoof to release an impressive amount of power in an attempt to remove it's ability to move, or just paralyze the lumbering monster.

[Bitter Herb]

"Oh jeez, not a single answer from'im at all?" She replied with an perplexed look on her face. "Tha's no good at all, specially considerin' the fact 'e publishes all yer books."

The brutish mare stumbles over to her room and soon returns with a map of the griffin territory, well, hopefully an accurate enough one for their journey.

"What's the plan then? You know where 'e lives? Are we campin' or stayin' in towns along the way?" And just like that, Bitter was diving back into business. "Towns mean more bits but less to carry, but campin' would be cheaper in the long run."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

S.T.A.T.I.C.

A massive billowing cloud of sickly-green steam erupts from the ground around the Ursa as the lava from below begins to melt the magical tentacles springing from the ground - through the Mind Web they share, both Gwynfillion and Flare can feel their magical reserves being actively drained by one another as both sets of offensive magic interact in an unfortunately volatile fashion, doing more to disrupt each other than the star bear.

A piano note comes out of nowhere and follows Hay Bale on her trajectory, an invisible line of music and a masculine voice that quickly morphs into a miniature rock ballad...

"You've got the Touch...

...While the bear gives a few midair shakes, its skeleton visible as it spasms comically from the electric discharge.

"She's got the poweeeeeeeer!"

And when Hay Bale and Static Shock connect perfectly, the impact manifests as an explosion powerful enough to knock the thing halfway across the inside of the crater, tongue out and eyes derped.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

[The Desert]

Snowflake glanced at both their attackers, hesitating for a split second what she should do. Then she gritted her teeth, and dove down to finish the job she started, reasoning that the enemy should be given no opportunity to launch any more dirty attacks. Diving at great speed from above, she'd seek to knock the pegasus out with a solid blow to the head, hopefully before she gets sighted by the other bandits hidden within the dunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    [Bitter Herb]

"Oh jeez, not a single answer from'im at all?" She replied with an perplexed look on her face. "Tha's no good at all, specially considerin' the fact 'e publishes all yer books."

The brutish mare stumbles over to her room and soon returns with a map of the griffin territory, well, hopefully an accurate enough one for their journey.

"What's the plan then? You know where 'e lives? Are we campin' or stayin' in towns along the way?" And just like that, Bitter was diving back into business. "Towns mean more bits but less to carry, but campin' would be cheaper in the long run."
    "Well... um... he's mainly my publisher for that region..." Pulp caught herself when she realised Bitter Herb was already moving onto the specifics of their journey. "Well, uh, he's staying here." She points out a town by the name of Rim's Edge some ways to the west of Griffonstone. "Or at least, that's where his letters said he was. Maybe he had moved on... Um, wouldn't staying in towns be safer? Like the griffon lands isn't very safe..."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

[I Can't Get No STATICsfaction]

Flare gave Gwyn a glare. "Could you please stop distracting me with your meddling? Find something more useful to do."

The ancient unicorn changed her plan and began digging a large hole under the Ursa, assuming nopony interfered.

[The Desert]

Snowflake slammed into the wounded bandit, hitting her cleanly on the head. She quickly fell senseless, this universe's established precedent for less-than-lethal head injuries prevent a much messier result.

The second bandit seized the griffon's bow with a smirk. However, his expression went from smug to terrified when he realized the griffon had him by the throat. The pegasus began to flail and squirm spectacularly in a desperate effort to escape.

It was at this point that the other two hidden bandits made their move. From behind one dune, a unicorn unleashed a magically animated rope, which wound through the air like a flying snake toward the griffon and his captive. Behind a different dune, a second unicorn stood up and started projecting beams of searing yellow-white light. The first beam blazed past where Snowflake had been moments before, and the brigand was charging up for a second shot.

"Condemnation. Of course they would possess long-ranged armaments." Blueshield reloaded her bow and waited for a good opening. "Remain defensive! Make sure they cannot get a good shot in!"