New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default The Ultimate Conflict II

Up on the formally weaponized artificial moon above Emanacal, where a vast draconic head formed of mechanical insects was crushed by a resurgence of nature after a small army of mechanical dragons were sent down to the planet in the name of conquest and a magic-dampening aura was forcefully disarmed, all is calm at the moment.

I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict II

With things on Emanacal finally calming down and Wero's rage turned into a drive to find his daughter, Usabhar decides that his time in the High Lord's empire has overstayed it's welcome. He had only planned to be here to stop this invasion and now that it's done he should be off once more. For far too long has he forgotten the familiar coldness of his land and far too long he has left the people of Kulomen without their paragon and guardian. There is nothing he truly does have to add to this situation that warrants his stay.

"So then I suppose my duty here is finished," Usabhar claims as he looks back towards the three. "It is curious chance that we all have met up again. But I imagine it has been for the best." Usabhar looks to Wero, facial expressions hardened and grim as usual. "I do not have any method I can help locate your daughter. If she has passed on as you fear, all I tell is to learn to accept death as a part of existence." Usabhar's words are swift and to-the-point, almost uncaring of how much anguish the High Lord may be in.

"I return now to my home and expect Nasiri to eventually follow. If any of you are in need of me, you will find me at the waste-bitten land of Kulomen." With that, a very chill breeze passes through as it encases Usabhar in a divinely-powered solid cage of ice. Moments later the cage evaporates, revealing nothing as Usabhar goes back to Sargti to see what has come within his days away.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm presuming that Rahja, Wero, and Celestica have more important/vital things they want/need to do than to discuss with Usabhar, who has his own things he needs to do in the meantime. Hope no one might mind that.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja wishes she could do more, but she doesn't know how. "I'll go and bring back the refugees and your family," she adds quietly, the healer gently lifting off of the moon and going back to the surface (taking Celestica with her if she desires), opening portals for the refugees to return and with magic restored, Zurkar can probably fix up more portals. She also takes a quick flight over the city, letting her aura repair some of the damage in the most vital parts to prevent more danger for the populace.

Spoiler: Celestica
    Show
    "Love, I'll return to Dera to look after Haven and find out what Shelyn was doing the last time I was there. I think Selayna doesn't know about our bond yet, either. We'll also need some way to anticipate all these catastrophes, I am sick of only finding out about these when it is almost too late."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

((I'm writing this under the assumption this is directly before Ridai's post))

For some reason, Lord Wero feels at least some sensation of loss upon seeing Usabhar vanish, for reasons he can't quite understand. Regardless, he looks upon the healer and the elf, a neutral expression still noticably stricken by grief. Despite the...ongoing search for the missing Lord General... he hesitates The day is ours. See if you can't contact the Prince and inform him to create a gate to Emanacal.

He looks out onto the great landscape of Emanacal. From this elevation, every one of his mightiest achievements seems insignificant. That enormous statue in his likeness would probably have been visible from his position on the moon if it were not on the other side of the world. Certainly the ambient magic is less, but that is simply because Emanacal has a long history of magic. Lord Wero remembers the stories of Emanacal's Fourth Era, back in the days where the most precocious apprentice wielded powers beyond the wildest imaginations of today's mightiest Archmage. The Archmagister Prime is perhaps the only surviving remnant of that era, how did he compare in those times? Does it matter? Certainly to the dragon and probably the arcane being it does, but it's all a matter of perspective. There are still mechanical dragons unaccounted for, but the loss of their controller has left them, at worst, unorganized, and their numbers finite.

Nothing the High Lord has spent his entire life's work on seems visible from up here. His massive monuments and great cities, all but a few of them are completely invisible from this great distance, which leaves him wondering. His time on Emanacal is finite. Even if he does achieve that immortality he so longingly desires without having to lose himself to undeath, for one reason or another, he will be separated from his Empire. Will he be remembered? Will the world of Emanacal once called Aios remember what he did, what he in four hundred years was able to do what countless other Emperors were unable to do with power indescribably larger than that of the incumbent High Lord? Did this victory matter? Does any of it matter?

It matters to Lord Wero, and to him, that's all that's important. It matters to his family, and the untold billions whose fates are held in their Dragon Lord's hands. To them, that's all that's important. It's a matter of perspective. Emanacal has faced cataclysm before, this is nothing. We will rebuild and emerge stronger than ever.

So who is to say what is important and what is not? Men are god to mice, and dragons are god to men. It's a matter of perspective. It doesn't make the struggles of mice and men any less important in their own way. God is not in the right to crush men or mice without just cause. But for your part, for your selfless efforts to protect my family and my people...thank you.

When Rahja goes to Emanacal, Lord Wero isn't far behind with his characteristic indigo flash, however more content to watch as the portal opens and his people emerge. Although it's still clear he's grieving the loss of Yoweth, one can almost see a faint smile form on the dragon's face. It's not long before Rahja's portal is hijacked by a white technomantic grid as a small, mithril-armored purple dragon flies out, glancing around the ruined Citadel, a Gate Key in hand. By the Gods! There's actually somewhat of a Citadel left! You guys are amazing!
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing Wero thank them, Rahja does not answer by voice, instead silently bowing in return. Life is sacred to the healer and she is glad to have helped at least a bit in protecting Emanacal's people and the High Lord's family.

Rahja smiles at Zurkar's words. "Is your sister well?" She does offer counsel and/or therapy for Minaeyoch if she feels like she needs someone unrelated to talk to after what she has been through, but knowing how proud dragons are and that the family might rather want to solve these issues by themselves, she doesn't necessarily expect the offer to actually be taken.

After checking if everyone is in good health (and fixing if someone isn't, also repairing more of the city and palace as a byproduct), Rahja returns to Wero and his family. "Anything you require my aid for?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

For now, Celestica is content with the situation as it is. And the High Lord actually thanking someone for aid? Thats a really good sign, normally, he just takes an attitude that everyone should help as part of their reason for existance. She cant help but think though...This doesnt have the finality that one would expect. The fae were willing to give aid, and that hasnt come yet. Why do I have the nagging feeling this isnt over, not by a long shot? For now however, she keeps her feelings to herself, accepting the teleport from Rahja and smiling in greeting to the Prince.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Emanacal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Returning to the surface of the planet, everyone seems to be in mixed states of fear, awe, and celebration. Considering that they have seen the transformation of a gigantic enemy transport vessel into a natural moon and an entity that filled a good portion of the sky, none knows quite what they are to think.

As Lord Wero returns to the surface, a single weary herald runs up to meet him, panting from his long jog, "Message... from... The Grand... Imperion... My Lord. The General... demands... to know why... Emanacal has... cut off... communications."

Even as Rahja asks about Zurkar's sister, Minaeyoch emerges from the portal herself, holding her head high as she catches sight of her father.

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Approaching your citadel of ice and iron, Usabhar crosses a pack of rot reavers leaving the building in rigid formation. These savage creatures, though possessed of savage strength and skill with cleavers, are among the last of the uncivilized races to remain unaffiliated with any other force, not that any truly desire such affiliation

The rot reavers are known for eating rotten flesh and reanimating the dead to feed upon and for rather little else. Due to the history the region has had with the undead, few races are able to overlook these putrid facts to speak or trade with them. Apart from a few small skirmishes involving zombies and graverobbing, the rot reavers have kept almost completely to themselves, residing in a large glacial chasm known as the Wyrm's Gullet.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Inwardly, Celestica is filled with relief...at least one mystery solved. She steels herself for the other confrontation that is about to begin. Hopefully, she will not have to intervene, not wanting to be caught between two warring dragons.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #9

Zurkar looks back through the portal and sees Minaeyoch carrying herself with confidence. Needless to say he has the answer right there when he looks back to Rahja. Well, as you can see she's doing fine.

Fortunately for the aforementioned dragon princess, Lord Wero is too distracted to contradict the Prince's words through his actions. Instead, he seems to ignore Minaeyoch completely (and everyone else except for the Herald for that matter) and instead immediately vanishes again upon hearing of the possibility that the General is alive, and in fact that moon that bore the resemblance of the Imperion world may have simply been a duplicate like what the Dwarf described he saw with a parralel Emanacal, he wastes no time in teleporting to get confirmation for himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Lord Wero uses Greater Teleport or his Greater Plane Shift staff to warp to the Grand Imperion

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Grand Imperion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearing in the core of the Grand Imperion, you see the council of doppelgangers huddled off to one side of the room, making room for an irate General Yoweth and granting her plenty of berth.

As Lord Wero, a quick flash of emotion rages its way through her reptilian features. Relief, joy, frustration, and back to practiced prideful neutrality. "Father," She starts, bowing her head low, "we have heard nothing of Emanacal for hours and our recent news from sendings and eternals hardly makes any sense. What is happening back home?"

The doppelgangers, while bowing politely, dare not intrude between their high lord and his daughter.

Emanacal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Down on the surface, the second portal Rahja used to pass the refugees through, starts to flicker in and out long before its duration reaches its end. Local leaders on both sides work to keep people back as the gate collapses in under half of its normal duration.

As if on cue, Rahja receives a sending from Selayna back home, "Something is wrong. A high priestess just found Shellyn unconscious. Magic reported failing by several clergies. Working with friendly denominations. Will keep updated. Keep safe."

As this message is quietly recieved, Minaeyoch slowly starts marching up towards the castle.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-10-11 at 03:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

It is a huge relief to hear that Wero's other daughter seems to be alright as well, which should defuse the situation somewhat. After Wero leaves, the healer fills Zurkar and his sister in about how they believed that Yoweth might have had fallen victim to the boiler man.

edit: When she receives the sending, she subconsciously shares it with Celestica and is visibly alarmed. The aasimar bites her lip, seeing how Minaeyoch walks off alone, that the situation between Wero and his daughter hasn't been resolved yet, but her soulmate knows she really, really wants to go.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2013-10-11 at 03:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Grand Imperion

This entire world, or rather a mirror duplicate of it, was used as a weapon to transport an army of mechanical dragons and cut off the entire world's access to non-Divine magic. Although Lord Wero himself is overjoyed to see Yoweth very much alive and well, he is a bit more practiced at the royal mask of neutrality than his second-oldest daughter. Of course the world's master had made the mistake in assuming I can be killed, however...I had presumed you were lost since scrying failed to locate you after its dead-magic field had been shut down. He shakes his head. Clearly I underestimated you in presuming the worst. When you return to Emanacal, take a moment to admire our homeworld's new moon if you get the chance. It truly is something.

Indigo Citadel
    Again? He semi-mockingly states upon hearing about Yoweth's possible fate. I swear, she needs help. Hey Minaeyoch, did I tell you about the time Yoweth tried to kill an Umbral Blot the size of a continent by beating it to death? Oh, hold on one moment. To compensate for the loss of Rahja's gate, Zurkar uses his gate key to open another one.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-10-11 at 03:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

SwashbucklerGuy

Arriving back in his snow-shrouded world of Kulomen is a familiar yet relieving feeling for Usabhar. His kingdom stands peacefully and durably in front of him; it's resilience ever strong and proud. The dwarf looks upon it like it is the last truly safe bastion upon the world of Wesslorne. He knows this glacier of iron shall hold for a long period of time to come. Usabhar has sworn that it shall become as ancient as he will be. Neither will fall alone so long as their people still exists alive and well within the battle-hardened walls of Sargti.

So then it comes across as a concerning sight when he sees rot reavers exiting his kingdom. Creatures such as these things have always been on poor terms with the dwarves due to their habits. Their passiveness has kept them safe from the dwarf's axe and spear before; many have found out the violent way what happens when they attack Sargti or it's allies. Sargti had kept their distance from them and they usually did the same. Now however the dwarven god sees that these cruel and concerning creatures had been in Sargti before.

Displeased with this, Usabhar calls out to them in a brutal, loud roar. "Halt seething reavers!" Usabhar's voice makes no sense of welcome greeting as someone who had been away from home longer than he would have liked. The dwarf walks to close in on the rot reavers as he continues speaking. "What notion had brought you creatures here, to my kingdom? You keep your kind at Wyrm's Gullet, not curse us by coming here." Unhappy as he is, Usabhar gives them the chance to speak up and explain if they so choose to. For all that Sargti is, uncivilized is usually not one of these traits it possesses.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-10-11 at 03:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At being confronted, the rot reavers instinctively reach for their cleavers in defense, though their leader, a necrothane clas in midnight black armor, apparently recognizes the paragon and motions for the others to stand down.

The necrothane, giving a small, jerky nod, struggles to speak in the dwarven tongue, his gigantic forked tongue occupying most of the space in his mouth and sickeningly slurring his words.

"We nyo 'oo enyeethiing wong, Dorth. We thwy thwae with yoo. Thwae with Thargti. Ngew wocth thall in tha gulle'. We nyo wan' wocth. Dorth' luth wocth. We thwae wocth to Dorth tho thood an' therthenth. Dorth lithen to yoo, yeth?"

Emanacal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minaeyoch laughs at the thought, shaking her head, but she is clearly preoccupied, walking onward.

Grand Imperion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very good, then," speaks Yoweth, keeping her face neutral, "I'd heard that you had vanished into some form of moon and... I am glad to see that I need not plan my speech of support for the run-... prince... just yet."

Yoweth gives the High Lord a quick look over, as if to check his condition. At last satisfied that you lack a mark upon you, she continues, "Given that you cannot die, I should hope that speech will not be needed for quite some some."
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-10-11 at 04:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

I feel your worry. Perhaps we should go now. The dragons might not want us around, interfering in what is a family/political affair. And truth be told, I don't want to get in between them if theres a confrontation
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #16

Indigo Citadel
    Wait! Zurkar calls out, somehow able to keep step with his sister. Where are you going?

Imperion Core
    Lord Wero makes no attempt to hide his smile at Yoweth's remark. Sure she got it wrong, "cannot die" is significantly different than "cannot be killed" but it's the thought that counts. Now then... He says, turning back to the Doppelganger council. I can see all is proceeding as normal so let me get out of your way. I do apologize for interrupting. If nobody stops him, the High Lord will teleport out and back to Emanacal.

17. - Top - End - #17

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar almost wishes his ears were clogged with ice when he has heard the necrothane speak. If it's goal was to try and appease the dwarf by speaking in dwarven, then it really tried. It ends up being closer to insulting the dwarven language by speaking with such a revolting slur. Usabhar however comes aware that it does mean to bring conversation rather than foul words. If it had actually meant hostility the rot reavers would have already tried to attack him. They mean to speak with the dwarf... somehow.

Usabhar's intimidating build relaxes slightly as the aggressiveness in his tone lowers. While there is a sign of calmness within him, his facial expressions fail to change from the stoic, almost unnerving grimness he usually presents. "Speak in as many tongues as you are more familiar with and repeat what you had said. Sargti may know few, but I know many. We are better speaking in one you are better with." Usabhar lets them figure out which languages they can use to communicate with him better as he tries to decipher what in Wesslorne they were trying to tell him.

Show
    Aside from Dwarven, Usabhar also speaks Common, Elven, Giant, (which I imagine is what he uses to speak with the Frost Giants when they prefer it) Draconic, (probably what he'd use to speak with most dragons) Infernal, Abyssal, and Celestical.

Also would like to make a Sense Motive check to see if Usabhar can tell what sort of emotion the necrothane was using when he spoke with Usabhar, and/or if the necrothane meant any sort of hostility/threatening or not: (1d20+43)[62]

Also yes I am indeed trying to figure the sentence out in the meantime. It's a puzzle after all, right?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja nods and gets Zurkar's attention. "An emergency has come up, so Celestica and I need to go. You can reach us by sending." Afterwards, Rahja embraces Celestica and teleports straight to Dera to Shelyn's temple, seeking the high priestess and Shelyn herself. For all her grace, the healer is clearly affected by these events. Shelyn is a greater deity, it is almost unfathomable to ever hear of her coming to harm. She is the one who saved Rahja, gave her a new life, leading to the forming of Haven, getting to know Selayna and finding her soulmate, all much more than the barely adult aasimar could have ever dreamed of or hoped for. This strikes too close to home.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lesser rot reavers shake their heads as the talk comes to a standstill, tapping the necrothane and motioning to move onwards. The necrothane, however, holds up a single hand to stop them.

Producing a sickening sucking noise, the tongue of the leading rot reaver almost seems to deflate in its mouth as it wraps the tongue around one hand to keep it from resting on the snow. Trying again in the common tongue, the necrothane produces far more intelligible speech, though its face is twisted in discomfort.

"Thtonesh fall from the thky. Fall into our home. New thtone, thapable like iron. Glowth in the thadows. We have no need for thith thtone. We try trade with dwarf for food and thervant."

Emanacal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mineayoch halts in place and Rahja and Celestica teleport out and Wero returns to his place, waving for Zurkar to join her.

Temple of Shellyn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Returning to the temple of Shelyn, everything is in chaos. Large numbers of clergy kneel in rushed and emotional prayer surrounding a large patch of grass and fertility, in which the high priests and priestesses stand in a circle around a fallen figure.

Outside of this prayer circle, the world is filled with activity as more of the faithful feverishly search through ancient tomes and grab at rare herbs and poultices and seem to utilize every effort at their disposal to correct whatever has gone wrong.

Rahja's Social Awareness:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Every single member of the clergy is concerned for Shelyn.
    • About a third of the members wonder if anything they have done could have possibly brought about such a calamity or if they could have helped prevent it in any way.
    • In spite of themselves, about a fifth of the clergy allow ongoing worries such as newborn children, failing relationships, and aging relatives to fill their mind, generally wondering what the world is coming to.
    • Theories about what could have gone wrong range from the works of another deity to a general lack of faith, to a destruction of love and beauty on a large scale, to divine illness.
    • Rahja spots clergy of Ehlonna, Pelor, Hanali, and Heironeous in the crowd, though mostly off to the margins of the room. All of them have their own concerns, though they feel genuine concern for Shelyn as well.
    • The clergy seems to be busy fussing over every single minute detail of Shelyn's surroundings, from which herbs she rests upon to what hymns she should hear.
    • At least five dozen members of the clergy recognize Rahja immediately on her arrival.
    • Rahja recognizes a good deal of the attendants:

1. Selayna and the redeemed Xeferas work together on the opposite side of the room, enchanting fresh herbal poultices with a combination of infernal and fey magic.
    2. One of the high priests in the center of the room, Ollin Herenbeck, was a street rat Rahja had turned from pickpocketing years ago. As a fresh young man, he is the youngest of the high priests assembled.
    3. Outside of the temple stands Taril, the first tarrasque that Rahja had ever met. Detecting Rahja's scent, the large beast seems to happily bounce in place.
    4. Corraline the Many-Souled rests midway through the throng of worshipers, clad in mendicant robes made of raw incarnum. Inspired by Shelyn, she had discovered soulmelds capable of healing with great skill

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

This sort of thing is more Rahja's field, so Celestica will stand back and let her do her thing. For her part, Celestica's first move will be to see if she can bond with this land in the same way as she does with all others. If she can, she will seek to strengthen the bond as much as she can, and then see if she can turn the power of the land into healing Shelyn.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja smiles and nods to Celestica, knowing what she is trying to do. She gestures to Taril in greeting, then walks towards the prayer circle, extending her presence to calm those present and silently greeting all she knows with a slight bow or gesture. By now, most have probably noticed Rahja's arrival, knowing she enjoys Shelyn's favor and is considered the greatest healer far and wide. The healer is doing her best to focus everyone on the tasks at hand, but she cannot and will not hide that the goddess' state weighs heavily upon her.

"May I?" She asks as she reaches the prayer circle, seeking to enter it and examine the deity, doing so either inside or outside the circle, humming softly.

Show
    Improvisation cast and overcharge bonus
    Weave Feelings (optimism) on herself
    Heal check (3d20+60)[17][11][18](106)

If Rahja can draw on any kind of connection to Shelyn, she does so.

22. - Top - End - #22

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar gets a better idea of what the necrothane is saying as it switches to the common tongue. While Usabhar very much prefers his natural Dwarven accent it is no denial of that the common tongue is well and good widespread. From what Usabhar could make it, he assumes that some object had fallen into Wyrm's Gullet. It would be something like a throne; or instead maybe a stone. Something like that usually doesn't glow in the shadows, so it is likely to be an object above the ordinary. If the rot reavers came to trade for it, what would they want beyond food? "Thervant" is a rather unclear word. The closest Usabhar could guess is "servant," which rings a very unfortunate meaning in this instance.

Regardless, if they wish to trade then Usabhar finds it plausible. Of course consulting with his kind and finding this object itself is important first. "Then I will ask something of you," he speaks to the necrothane as he motions to cease the unfortunate facial position it had to be in speak in the common tongue. "Return to Wyrm's Gullet. I shall speak with my people on this matter. I am open to further discussion of trading this item for food if the dwarves will agree with me. I shall come by later today to look at this item for myself. We will discuss the specifics then." He folds his arms, expecting an answer from the rot reavers before letting them be on their way.

23. - Top - End - #23

Emanacal

Finally emerging from the portal is the massive brass construct who merely an hour ago was assumed dead (or the constructs' equivalent.) Certainly hours of continuous exposure to dead magic would have that effect on a creature whose simple ability to function is dependent on a maddeningly enormous array of mind-bogglingly precise arcane signals, the slightest error would cause memory loss, insanity, or worse. Needless to say, Korshim is very surprised to know that not only is he alive, but lucid and coherent. And unfortunately for Usabhar, he remembers everything.

Uh, okay. The Prince says as he flutters over to his sister, looking back at the crowd and hoping to get a glimpse of Korshim over the ruined buildings, but to no avail. He's sure he sees some glimpse of brass showing through, however unlikely it is.

Lord Wero warps back to Emanacal, just behind Minaeyoch and Zurkar, catching the duo's attention. For a moment, he stands there in stunned silence as conflicting emotions race through his mind. Hate, love, forgiveness, vengeance, each clasing with one another with a ferocity that would give the mightiest warriors of Asgard pause, and in such a way that anyone even making a glimpse into his mind would be driven insane. To the casual observer, these emotions balance out against one another. The High Lord doesn't even have to try to don the monarch's mask of neutrality. Given your...recent...impromptu parole...I have decided-to, to re-evaluate your c-case. Although he appears fine, it's clear he's on the verge of some form of mental breakdown. That is to assume there is anything left to break. Come t-to the h-h...hhhhh.... For unknown reasons, he struggles to call his throne room the Hall of Judgment. Probably because it's the site where Lord Wero committed his greatest error. No! It was a proper, lawful proceeding. There was no mistake, the case was clear and the law was absolute. Meet me in the Throne Room. Managing to improvise, Lord Wero wastes no time taking wing to the Palace. Although it was damaged in the attack, the damage is largely superficial. The High Lord's uplift sends dust and debris scattering as he soars to the palace at speeds Minaeyoch would never remember him having. Even stranger is that her younger brother is apparently able to keep pace without much difficulty.

Korshim manages to hear great wings fluttering, he turns and sees a massive dragon in royal regalia, the High Lord, and a significantly smaller dragon, definitely his creator, in tow. There is also a third purple dragon he doesn't recognize. Too small to be Chancellor Vorel, too large to be General Yoweth, and yet the horn patterns do not match any of those profiles. Still, he is joyed to see his creator, and with his own wings aided by arcanodynamic engines, he takes off to rendevous with the dragons at their projected destination, the Palace.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Celestica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slipping back through the world, you find yourself once more in the heart of the landscape, slipping into this space with the greatest of ease. After bonding yourself to the heart of the land, you turn its attentions towards caring for the fallen goddess.

You gain 2 additional benefits from this link:
    First, you can cast spells at a range of up to 15 miles.
    Secondly, you gain the ability to create a rainbow over a 15-mile radius portion of sky once per day, granting all good creatures that see it a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws.

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The crowd parts in silent awe as Rahja approaches, so enraptured are they with the aura she puts forth. Piercing the innermost circle, Rahja can see the form of Shelyn resting peacefully on a patch of fertile earth, as if merely sleeping.

Looking over the deity, she doesn't seem to be overtly injured or wounded and shows no signs of interior wounds. A bit pale, perhaps, but no signs of poisons, toxins, curses, diseases, or other maladies you are familiar with. She still breathes easily and possesses decent muscle tone with a steady heartbeat in her chest. Even magic shows no change in her aura and no magical effects on her person who shouldn't be there. Though she shows no signs of waking up, she appears to be merely sleeping.

Usabhar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The necrothane nods as the rot reavers behind him (her?) seem to grin in pleasure, walking off through the snow towards a couple of shambling figures standing in the far distance.

Entering your home once more, you can see that dwarves near the entrance have clearly met the rot reavers themselves, grimacing in displeasure at their recent presence. Otherwise, the halls are relatively quiet for once, filled only with the echoes of distant combat practice, the scraping of whetstones on weaponry, and the shuffling of footfalls across both iron and stone.

Wero:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minaeyoch, hearing her father talk of a re-evaluation, is visibly surprised, too tongue-tied to get out a response or retort before the majestic high lord flies off. Finally gaining control of her senses, Minaeyoch gives a hardy laugh.

"So he listened to you after all. I can't... I hardly... Hehehe. You know, Zurkar, I was about to walk myself right back into my cell."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica doesnt see anything she can immediately do to aid the fallen goddess with this power, so she concentrates further on her bond to see if there is something more she can find. Although, she does take the time to put up her new rainbow right over the spot where Rahja works, hoping it will somehow inspire her, or at least give hope to the healer and the crowd.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #26

And I probably would have stopped you. He says plainly, playfully ignoring the rather grim undertones. Though there was something about his father's demeanor that worried the Prince. Did the High Lord studder? He never studders. By the way did he seem...off to you?

Lord Gatekeeper! Suddenly a voice cuts in, like a thousand steam engines crying in unison, forming coherent words. The voice originates from a massive mechanical form bearing the figure and shape of a dragon, yet a darkened yellow body of stylized and overlapping brass plates. The dragon lands on the ground in a great thud that crumbles the ground beneath its feet. Furthermore its exact porportions come into view, and for certain, it's only slightly smaller than the High Lord himself. Its overall appearance appears to be a smaller brass version of the bits of mechanical dragon strewn about the city, however this one's porportions are comparably smaller, none of the mechanical dragons appeared to be made from brass, and this specimen seems...better. More sophisticated in its construction.

Regardless of all this, it is clear that this machine and Zurkar know each other. Korshim! The prince replies, very much exited to see whom he considers to be his only real friend. Minaeyoch may note that Zurkar used the draconic word for "Machine" to address the construct as though it was its name. You're alive!

All systems fully functional, I do not know how I survived but I am glad to see the High Lord victorious once again. The construct then looks up at Minaeyoch, white glowing lights belaying artificial intelligence focusing the eye-lenses through which they are projected to better view the Prince's new companion. Despite this, Korshim is unable to place a name to the face in front of him and simply goes with the name to whom the face bears the highest probability of resembling. Lord-General Yowethegmar. You seem to have grown significantly last we met.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja can feel Celestica's presence all around her, nature seeming livelier, colors more intense, the air more refreshing. The rainbow brings a smile to her face as she can easily see its light elate all these kind souls. Her soulmate is full of wonderful surprises it seems. The healer makes a mental note to show her the auroras towards the north soon.

Looking down once more, if she didn't know this was out of the ordinary, Rahja would think Shelyn is just sleeping like an angel, her youthful appearance mirroring her inner beauty, far and wide hailed as the fairest of all. She owes Shelyn so much, always having looked up to her, creating beauty where all others would think it impossible to exist, guiding the lonesome towards kindred spirits. Like she did with Rahja.

Subconsciously, she calls for Celestica, wanting her to be by her side in this. Gently grasping the goddess' hand with both her own, Rahja begins to glow with positive energy, the plant life nearby visibly gaining strength and vitality, slowly letting her vast energies flow into Shelyn while softly singing as she did the day they first met. Rahja was already in a league of her own back then, but she has come much further now, her healing part of her song, pouring her all into what she hopes to awake the sleeping deity with.

Show
    Rahja uses her epic healing spell on Shelyn, along with just her songs to perhaps reach the essence of what Shelyn holds dear.
    Perform (3d20+159)[20][5][17](201)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rahja/Celestica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All in the temple and those within several miles feel warmth in their hearts as a rainbow forms above them.

Celestica, feeling through the heart of the world, feels no direct means of healing at her disposal. What she does feel, however, is Rahja's presence as the healer reaches out to her soul and sings a sweet aria of renewal.

Rahja's voice carries far through the temple, perfectly matching every acoustic quirk of the temple to provide a performance that seems to surround its audience.

Rahja's song melts the hearts of the worshipers, many of them embracing total strangers as they sob further prayers to their fallen goddess.

The song attracts open flowers toward herself as if she had taken the place of the song. The song is enough to freeze nature in place as grass stands firm against the wind and songbirds land to see the source of the melody.

The song reaches deep into the heart of the world, reaching Celestica's ears as the crystal below her glows dimly with a warm white light.

What is more, the song serves its function. Slowly opening her eyes, Shelyn reaches up towards Rahja, her face twisted in grief as tears well up in her eyes.

Emanacal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minaeyoch looks dumbfounded at the talking machine. If her little brother wasn't afraid of this particular metal dragon, though, there was little sense in her getting bent out of shape.

"As you were, erm, Korshim," she says, not bothering to correct the thing, "it would seem that my... father.... wishes to talk to me"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica has no words for the power she has just seen invoked by Rahja's song, merely moving wordlessly to be beside her as the goddess awakens.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #30

Emanacal
    Hesitation, a bit of fear, and a voice that has none of the inherent aggression that makes him think General Yowethegmar is a Red Dragon with a Purple paint-job...the odds of this dragon being the General have fallen drastically in Korshim's mind. He begins to tilt his head, looking at Minaeyoch skeptically. Body language Zurkar is more than familiar with.

Ah-hey Korshim. It's a long story, just...let's go to my father and hear what he has to say.
    By your command.

The duo take off for the palace side-by-side, expecting Minaeyoch to follow. The both of them are somehow only slightly slower in their flight speed than the High Lord himself.