New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict II

Sargti

The tension really is so thick Zurkar can hardly breathe, so he does the only thing his mind thinks to do. What? This is all for me?! Zurkar cries out in delight, making himself known to the crowd. How they will react to a real flesh-and-blood dragon, even one barely bigger than a human, moving amongst them is to be determined. Oh, wow, you really shouldn't have. I mean really. You shouldn't have. Now I feel bad, my hatching day's not for another few months, but i'd hate to see all this effort you put into getting all my friends together in one place. I mean look, you even hired a clown! He looks to the fungus-faced Olog. I am so grateful for all of you for coming, I really am honored to count you all as my friends. Although there...was a bit of miscommunication, there's no reason we can't have a good time, right? Hey uhh, Fungusface. How about you and me do a comedy routine? Right now?

Prince Zurkar is banking on the sheer dissonance between his apparent disregard for the seriousness of the situation and his upbeat, comedic demeanor to create, well, comedy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Perform [Comedy]
    (1d20+37)[53]

Indigo Palace

Lord Wero was actually legitimately impressed by what he saw in the water, as such a tiny ocean, the best words he could use to describe it, should not be physically possible. Not to be distracted, it's obvious that his great-grandson was having trouble with communication. As such he knew to look for nonverbal cues, ways he could at least get a sense as to what he was trying to communicate.

Sense Motive
    (1d20+44)[64]
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Pleased to meet you. So, have you ever been to one of these balls? Whats the protocol for behaviour?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Faerie: "None alive have attended something quite like this, i expect, though I imagine the general the general etiquette is the same as with all feasts of the fey. Remain polite, don't harm nature, and try not to leave as a gerbil." Despite its words, it is clear that the lumi is not aiming at humor.

Just as he finishes, a team of sprites brings forth a tray of appetizers, what look to be spinach and eggplant-wraps incorporating what seem to be bright blue flower petals. The lumi takes a single wrap out of politeness.

Sargti: For a moment, nobody can figure out what is going on... at all. The social whiplash from mob accusation to draconic japery has left everyone speechless, most of all Olag. Even when things start to sink in, the dwarves retain their (sober) taciturn manner. Many of them (especially the young) are smiling, however, and Olag has yet to put two words together.

Emanacal: With a bit of intuiting, Wero can interpret what Thorezor is saying. Unfortunately, beyond problems of communications, the messge being passed on seems to reflect poorly on the young dragon's cognitive ability as a whole.

eye-can-sea...you(?)
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja does the same, though she has little intention of eating it. "How are you and your companions faring nowadays?" she asks the lumi.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

To be polite, the elven maiden choses a wrap, she pretends as if she intends to eat it, but the warning of the dopplegangers stays in her head.

When do the presents get presented? Rahja and I have what I think is a unique gift, a composition written just for this occasion and I look forward to performing it with her.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #246

Sargti

Hmm, looks like this crowd needs some lightening up. Hmm, I guess not. I suppose that responsibility falls onto me now. Thanks a lot, fungusface. He mockingly groans, turning back to the crowd. Anyways, let me tell you about myself. Actually no, that's boring! Let me tell you a story. Have I told you about the one with my sister? Gods, I love her to death, but what made her think attacking an Umbral Blot the size of a continent with her fists was a good idea-oh my GODS!! He gripes, snapping back to glare at Olog. Do you mind?! I can barely hear myself talk over the sound of how ugly you are! I mean, really, what happened?! Did you get splashed in the face with a bottle of Alchemist's Ugly Fire? Actually, no. Don't answer that, I can tell you didn't because that'd be an improvement. Honestly, you really should get that tree on your face looked at, there's no way that can be healthy. He looks back to the crowd.

So have you heard about the one about the Ghoul Horde?

The next several minutes consist of Zurkar going on a comic routine, telling jokes and not infrequently making quips at Olog's expense.

Indigo Palace

Yes! I can see you too. Lord Wero replies, his tone upbeat and cheerful. However there was clearly something terribly wrong. Perhaps that is not what he was trying to say. Despite the fact that Lord Wero distinctly recalls him speaking Draconic clearly upon hatching, he seems unable to speak anything except possibly fluent Truespeak. In an attempt to remedy this, he speaks slightly more slowly while making gestures to the subjects in question mid-sentence. First pointing to himself, then to his eyes, then to Thorezor.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar had gotten enough from Olog to get the message across; the paragon had killed the council somehow and the heretic is announcing that to everyone else. Usabhar knew that this must be a set-up of some sort; he was with the giants when this happened so he couldn't have murdered anyone halfway across Kulomen. Due to the recent events and people who have arrived, Usabhar knows very clearly who did this... much to his own dismay.

Before he can say anything in response, he hears Zurkar's nonsensical speech echoing like a bad disease throughout Sargti. Whatever the dragon is trying to do, Usabhar does not appreciate it. He turns around to look at Zurkar, giving the prince a silent, unamused glare to get him to stop. Due to Usabhar's temperance though, he won't further try to get Zurkar to stop this routine of his.

Nasiri on the other hand cannot stop laughing at Zurkar's comedic routine. Finding the council dead and Olog here is a very grim situation for anyone to be in. Having Zurkar making snappy quips and humorous passages is really what this kingdom needs to stay afloat during these times. It's a real pity to her that Usabhar does not understand humor; she'd go insane in a day without a little comedy. She knows that she should not laugh in the presence of the paragon but finds herself at the mercy of Zurkar's routine. At worst she'll get a blunt lesson from Usabhar, so why not enjoy the comedy while she can?

After his glaring, Usabhar turns back to Olog. The paragon could bring his axe down upon the heretic for everything that he has done. However Usabhar is to be merciful when he can. If Olog can cease his converting and stay in the Abyss, then that will be fine for Usabhar. The deaths of the council also complicates the matter; Usabhar would only be confirming the suspicions about him should he try to cut down Olog. The heretic should be lucky that he does not know the wrath of other rulers; the High Lord would blow the fool away in an instant should he get caught. So instead of more murder, Usabhar simply eyes the heretic and makes his words clear. "Begone. Do not let us ever find you within Kulomen again."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Okay, I've torn myself away from Twitch plays Pokemon (the only thing less graceful than QWOP) long enough to make a post. You had better appreciate me invoking the wrath of the Helix Fossil for this. D:

Faerie: "We had sequestered ourselves for a six-month period before meeting you. Had thought that spiritual purity was only possible within a vacuum until we started meeting and talking others. Arguably, we are doing better. As for the gift, I don't really..." The Lumi seems distracted by something over on the pedestal where the gods speak.

One of the large fey-like beings up on the pedestal lifts up what appears to be a tiny pebble that floats a few inches above her hand as she speaks, a low whisper on the breeze that carries through the entire clearing.

"The time has come for the main festivity of the evening. With the blessing of all gods assembled, we shall perform a task barred from the fey for eons... the genesis of a new world. You, our guests will play a critical role in this grand design. You shall be as gods, weaving your gifts into the new sphere however you see fit. First, the gods shall lay down the earth and seas so you have a canvas to work upon."

Emanacal: Thorezor manages a short, "Il'hashcmelllpo" as a cannister-shaped eye-ball appears, apparently having been tied in a knot. With that, Thorezor silently opens and shuts his mouth a couple of times.

As far as you can tell, he's trying to say "eye-can-knot speak" or something to that effect.

Your granddaughter is quick to verify, "He was speaking normally for about a day before he started... regressing. I can tell that he really wants to talk to you about something but he's frustrated that he can't get your name right... luckily for him."

Sargti: Even as Zurkar continues, everyone continues to lighten up a bit, though there is only so much that performance can do without adding magic into the mix. Olog, meanwhile, walks through the crowd right up to Usabhar, "Is that your plan, Paragon? Make me a martyr and prove me right? Even with these serpents by your side, there is only so much they will ignore. Leave this place and none will follow."
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

This looks to be the sort of thing you would specialize in, love. Although Im not exactly sure how my gift will be received in this sort of setting.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #250

Sargti

If there was one thing a comedian had to learn it was to read an audience, and know when to stop. Any other comedian might think his performance was a failure, but Zurkar noticed them go from doom and gloom to smiles and Zurkar was certain he heard chuckles amongst them. This is perhaps the default attitude of Sargti's residents. Were this anywhere else, Nasiri's rolling on the floor laughing may very well have been the norm. That's success if he ever heard of it, and he felt he wouldn't get any farther. Nothing better to do than to end on a high note. Well, you've all been great. Except Fungusface. Seriously, he's useless. Anyways, how about this? Same time same place tomorrow, you're all invited to some cake! On me! Bring your friends too!

With that, he flutters off. Apparently Fungusface has his attention set against the Paragon. Bro, bro, bro. Chill out for a second. Heh, "chill." Anyways, it's clear there's some bad blood between you two and I admit, I don't know crap about what's going on here. I'm still a dragon of science, so i'm going to give each of you a fair chance to make your case. Speaking of which, if you're willing to forgive me for making fun of you for the last several minutes, I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Zurkar. I have titles, important sounding stuff, bling, blah blah blah. Something about gates too I think. And you are...?

Indigo Palace

Lord Wero frowns, looking at his granddaughter with concern. He looks to the knotted eyeball, pointing at it. He is also creating visual representations of his words. Look how the stem of the eyeball is caught in a knot while the eyeball is shaped like a cylinder. Or a can. "Eye," "can," "knot" or "I cannot." He frowns again. He seems to be missing something since "speak" or some variation is not represented in Thorezor's visual metaphor. It looked like he was simply miming the last word. Perhaps involuntarily. He mimed the action of talking as well. "I cannot speak."

It's okay, young one. Lord Wero reassures his descendant. I can understand what you are trying to say, and if I cannot then I will do my best to try.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-02-17 at 05:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

"Wait." Rahja looks... confused. "Why are we creating a new world?" She doesn't say more than that for now, not wishing to imply any more.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Faerie: Despite the relatively small size of the crowd, Rahja's question seems to go unanswered amidst the ritual silence and awe of the crowd as the deities form an ocean and continents to work with. There is no doubt that she could make herself heard, it may make a bit of a scene depending on how it is handled (especially if interrupting a faerie "god" is considered taboo).

Emanacal: For a moment, Thorezor screws his face in thought before running off to a small table on the side of the room, holding a good deal of local and planar atlases, history books of the empires and even personal diaries that the young dragon shouldn't have had access to (not that much can stop the curiosity of a young dragon without involving serious injury).

Spreading everything out at Wero's feet, Thorezor keeps messing with his jaw and tongue, as if trying to lick his eyes in the same manner as those clones. At last, the wyrmling's jaw is heard to pop and Thorezor starts talking intently, showing no signs of even stopping for breath.

This time, however, Wero can't hear a word that the young dragon says. He feels the words instead, wrenching the dragon's perception out from his body and across space, stopping briefly at the ruins of an old bandit hideout that had been smashed, burnt, disintegrated, covered in the better part of a mountain, burnt again, and left forgotten for years.

From there, Wero feels his senses plummeting... deeper and deeper until he sees into the deepest reaches of Hell. Down on Nessus, Wero can see a particular fiendish foe, one who should be dead after all of the trouble you and Celestica have gone through, walking towards the palace of Asmodeus as if he owned the place.

Launching back up, Wero appears to orbit around his own planet for a rotation or two before being sling-shot to the next-nearest planet in the empire's control... and off to the next... and off (past a confused archmagister) to the newly abandoned colony where you descend at break-neck speeds, snapping back into your body the moment before you hit the ground.

Thorezor, smiling dumbly, holds up a roll of parchment as his mother holds the young dragon tightly. Even before the panting guard at the door announces his findings, you already have a good guess at what he's about to say. After all, your divinations found the same thing.

"Our initial scouts report a lingering magical aura down where the mining colony stood"

The parchment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Werominaknacuinithascuinodrakoi'laschomniwaelityrm pri'i'olyca'soinacknagarsshakhandragonnasrakkuh'mr akis'vil'il'alizveil'nacknimuantaidosckuulsprashty rnakrashanxiphilis'kambroshaen

Sargti:
    "I am Olog. You are a chromatic dragon, an apparent ally to our "Paragon" in opposition to all that his god should have taught him. Make that funny!"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Just being ignored tells Rahja quite a lot and when it becomes time to bring the gifts, Rahja does not step forward, helping with neither the song nor giving the acorns she brought.

"Why is a new world being created." Her tone makes it clear she won't do anything to help until her question is answered. She has heard absolutely no reason for why this is happening and she'd rather think for herself than trust blindly with something like this.

14. - Top - End - #254

Sargit

A Dwarven Champion of Determination and Righteousnes. The Draconic Sorcerer-Tyrant of a worlds-spanning Empire. Together, they fight crime! Based on a true story! Zurkar's smile falls into a deadpan. That's been done, i'm sorry to say. Besides, these last few days I think Keltahkonkmet and I have come to see eye to eye on more than a few things so...I do apologize in advance to Lord Sigurhavok if i'm a bit obnoxious at the moment, i've just been in a fantastic mood these last few minutes! You're both invited to my cake party by the way. The dragon shrugs, smirking to Olog. I'm still gonna call you "Fungusface" though. I promise I won't make fun of you at the party.

Okay Lord Sigurhavok. Your turn.

Indigo Palace

Though he himself could not recreate them (or would not, they're disorienting!) Lord Wero was no stranger to out-of-body experiences. Considering they were never his own, each one was a unique experience. The first stop...Lord Wero recognized all too well. Despite the centuries-old structure crumbling, the ancient scorchmarks of spells, the nicks of blades, and the weathering of time upon that ancient, buried, and forgotten structure, it was not truly forgotten. This place, this room in particular was one in which the dragon who would become the High Lord of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse spent the first years of his life. Every detail, the dimensions, the coloration differences between the walls, ceiling and floor and even the pattern of the dimples on the wall, as faded as they were, brought back memories. Horrible, horrible memories. Lord Wero wanted to be anywhere except here.

Thankfull that event only had been for a few moments, even if the memories it dredged up felt like an eternity. Then there was this Pit Fiend. No ordinary Pit Fiend, but the elite. The Alpha Pit Fiend, if there ever could be one. Mazgan. That was his name. Asmodeus' second-in-command. A devil if there ever was one, the creature that demanded the sacrifice of so much for such trivial game. It seems only Celestica and, to everyone else's surprise, Lord Wero himself that knew of the trickery of the Devils. Perhaps that is the reason they were the only ones to leave Lyca as well-off as they did. Lord Wero recalls fondly Mazgan's cry as Celestica's divinely empowered arrows did what that treacherous machine could not and struck him down for good. Obviously from what he was seeing, it wasn't "for good" but Lord Wero didn't feel threatened. When devils die they regenerate in Baator if not demoted then weaker than before. Lord Wero, however, quadrupled, perhaps quintupled his power since their last encounter. He could destroy Mazgan with a thought as many times as he could respawn until he was but a Lemure.

Even a devil filled with as much arrogance and hubris as Mazgan would not DARE to say the High Lord's name again.

Then he was slung back through the planar barriers, through Emanacal's sky, past the clouds, and through the blue barrier that surrounded it (apparently the physicists were right: It wasn't solid.) The view...it was incredible. Absolutely spectacular. In Lord Wero's massive lifetime, he had seen great triumphs, glorious displays of power, awesome sights, and terrible horrors. Nothing though...nothing. Compared to this sight. It was truly awe-inspiring and a bit humbling to see his mighty Indigo Citadel, as massive as it was, as only a tiny speck on the globe. The Lord's Ascendancy Crusade Monument aka the mountain range carved out into his likeness was as visible as clear as day though, much to Lord Wero's delight. Rushing through the planets...he wasn't even entirely sure it was possible to move this quickly through space as the stars themselves rushed to pass him and massive worlds shot past his field of vision as quickly as an arrow would. Perhaps quicker. Lord Wero was actually pretty certain he caught a glimpse of a confused Archmagister along that journey too. Why does the place where the Archmagister lives, High Aios he recalls it being named, look like the Indigo Palace except everything is made of mythryl and magic?

No time for questions now, because it looks like his next destination is fast-approaching. An arid world, a tan sphere marbled with some small amounts of blue and green, enters the High Lord's path. He slows down just enough to notice that he is fast approaching where the mining colony was supposed to be, but not enough to stop him from potentially shattering his unkillable body on impact. This was going to hurt.

Or not. Out-of-body experiences tend to be harmless.

Regardless, he thinks to what he saw. First that damned old bandit hideout, then Mazgan, possibly nonspecific to him as it may just be devils, then a flyby of his worlds ending at the lost mining town. What he saw was no accident, what was the connection? All of it related to him, obviously. They were at one point 'his' bandits, Mazgan was 'his' foe, and those are all 'his' worlds. The parchment, he found, at least partially verified this as he recognized his own written name (fortunately the loophole in the Lord's Law that allows for Lord Wero's name to be written in lieu of being spoken was intentional) as well as the word "dragon." Beyond that he wasn't able to understand what Thorezor was trying to say right away, but he felt that this mystery and the one regarding the missing town may very well be one in the same. Did the devils, like Mazgan, steal, like bandits, the town?

Mmhmm. Lord Wero replies to the guard, too distracted to pay him too much attention. Have scans yielded more specific information? School? Style of magic? Arcane, Divine, Vector...? Vector Magic seemed to be a style of magic unique to Emanacal's history as so far no other references to it exist anywhere. Even Emanacalian references to it are vague, though it's painfully obvious that during the Fourth Era there were at least two purges of Vector Witchcraft, perhaps explaining its non-existance.

For the moment however, his mind was focused on solving this puzzle.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge checks to seek clues

Arcana
    (1d20+51)[61]
    History
    (1d20+51)[53]
    Local
    (1d20+51)[65]
    Planes
    (1d20+51)[54]

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica stands with Rahja, her question will be answered before either of them give their gifts.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #256

SwashbucklerGuy

At this point, Usabhar is outright disgusted with what he is hearing. Olog actually had the nerve to order the paragon to leave his own kingdom; at the mercy of not only the heretic but also from other outside entities. The arrogance of this heretic is becoming no lesser than any accursed demon lord. Zurkar's own monologue is becoming just a bit obnoxious like he had wondered. If the prince were to properly help, Usabhar would rather see Zurkar banish away the heretic. Instead, the paragon chooses to strike back at Olog with a sharper-than-usual rebuke.

"You think that you have any right to judge the dwarves after you abandoned them? You worked with demons long before my trust has become doubted. You cursed blasphemy at Keltahkonkmet before I had left to retrieve Salin. You have no reason or proof for us to think that you act now in our 'well-being.' You stand here now to try and take advantage of a weak point, not save the dwarves from their doom. That is why you are condemned."

Nasiri stays back in the midst of this. Interrupting this when Zurkar is already doing so will be an unwise decision. How can she help anyway? This conversation doesn't need another wise-cracking reptilian and she had no evidence that she can use to help back up Usabhar's innocence... He couldn't have killed the council, right? He has nothing to gain from it and it'd be against everything he exists for. Nasiri assumes the murder had been done by Olog, framing it on the paragon to weaken the unity of Sargti. She is going to believe that until she is proved otherwise.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Faerie: By the time Rahja's turn has come, a keep sickle has been incorporated into rich iron deposits, a globe of raw positive energy has transformed an entire ocean into a glowing curative fluid, and a flute has been added as a forest of thin reeds that whistles in the gentlest breeze.

At Rahja's repeated question, the fey surrounding the clearing grow silent as everyone else looks around in confusion. The speaker up on the pedestal, seeming at a loss for words, smiles naively back at the gods before whispering something to a nearby sprite that flies off.

The next minute or two are certainly... uncomfortable. While the being speaking is certainly something of a god in stature, Rahja can tell that she is incredibly young and is serving as something of a mouthpiece to someone else. Of course, fey politics in general are best known for being nightmarishly complicated so using an intermediary may be normal or even be a compliment.

After a couple of minutes, a rumble is heard in the forest as something stirs. Heavy, thunderous footfalls shake the ground as something approaches. Out of the forest emerges an emaciated, towering figure with ivory skin that nearly resembles a cloud giant, clothed in a thick mist that conceal the details of its form, though the face is both ancient and androgynous.

"I heard that... a guest... had been... expressing... misgivings," speaks a rumbling voice.

Emanacal: "Divine and Arcane. Mostly transmutation throughout the sight, though there were pockets of conjuration at the outskirts."

Sargti: "You're right, Usabhar. I support a demon lord and my word is no better than a murderer. That's why I intend to leave with you, so the two of us can keep a nice eye on each other. Unless the murderer insists on his bloodstained throne, that is."

Zurkar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being so near to Olog, you can tell just how ugly this fellow is. While most dwarves are at least a little bit homely, the fungus does more than cover his face, crawling down over his lip and into his mouth and seeming to spread even under his clothing. You've seen lepers in better shape than this mess.

18. - Top - End - #258

Sargti Zurkar just...can't fathom Olog's logic. He has so many questions, half of which he did not know the answer to. Certainly based on what he knows now, the High Lord would have already turned Fungusface into a soot-stain on the ground, and it would have been just. Certainly Zurkar didn't miss the corpses and the bloody pikes on his way inside. Only one word escaped the baffled dragon. ...Why? It was painfully obvious that Zurkar wasn't so much genuinely curious as he was cynical. What purpose could he possibly have for having the two of them leave Sargti that wasn't duplicitous?

Regardless, Zurkar was going to have to side with Usabhar. Everything about Fungusface screamed "I am not a good person." Zurkar shakes his head and offers a more elaborate reply. Seriously Fungusface, you should probably go. You don't have a case to make here and Lord Sigurhavok's offer is a generous one.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

"Not misgivings. A simple question that shouldn't be difficult to answer." Rahja corrects. She is not going to let someone put words in her mouth.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2014-02-19 at 01:37 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260

SwashbucklerGuy

To Usabhar, he sees that Zurkar is beginning to understand the problems associated with Olog. The heretic is out for his own benefit, not for any sort of decency to others. Abusing the weakness of one and acting as if you are on morally higher ground is a perfectly pragmatic strategy; Zurkar should be able to see this clearly considering his own father. The prince better come to realize that the only logical outcome to this is that Olog will need to leave, willingly or otherwise.

Usabhar is quick again to counter the heretic's bewildering claims. "Your insistence begins to tire me. I had been at Il'Kaenen when this murder had occurred. You place suspicion on yourself that you, the most deceitful of us all, would be the only one to preach me of murdering my own kind. I make it clear now that I will not leave Sargti so you or a demon can take my place. Nothing that you do to my spirit will change that, and you know that well."

To Nasiri, she sees that Zurkar is beginning to understand the problems associated with Sargti. Such an underdeveloped kingdom is being made or broken solely by it's religion; all too focused on the subject. Traditions may have helped get them far but the constant challenges will not keep the old ways from persisting, for better or worse. All the dwarves come off so stubborn and confident that even innovation sometimes keeps them held from advancing forward. The couatl is getting so sick of it all after her visits to Emanacal. She hated Olog for every bit of trife the heretic possessed but could not stand how Usabhar is handling the situation. Nasiri almost wishes Wero was here to simply disintegrate Olog to pieces; she would try the same were she not so frail at being a combatant. All she can do now is watch bitterly and hope Usabhar might take this to the logical outcome that Olog needs to be disposed of, for good.

21. - Top - End - #261

Sargti

Zurkar wasn't lying when he said he thought that Usabhar's offer was generous. In fact it bordered on outright foolishness. He leans over to Usabhar's ear and whispers: Excuse me, Lord Sigurhavok but I see no reason why you cannot put him on trial for his crimes against Sargti, then have him executed. Certainly the...um, murder of your council warrants capital punishment, and exile only puts off the problem to a later date.

Indigo Citadel

Mmhmm. Lord Wero confirms. The effect he was just under is more often than not a Divination, and it just so happened that he was under a transmutation effect, then the giant hole in the ceiling would be something both him and Wyrantae would have noticed. Then it may have been converted into something else if not outright disintegrated. Keep searching for clues. He looks back to Theorezor.

I do apologize, but...what were you trying to show me? I didn't understand.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sargti: At long last, Olog seems at a loss. With Usabhar holding his ground and refusing to deliver a punch and the crowd raised from a mob into an audience of some stoic mirth, it is clear that he has no moves left.

"FINE!" he spits, pushing his way aggressively through the crowd, cursing out each face he recognizes as he makes his way to the exit to face the world outside. The fungal growths covering Olog don't look comfortable, seeming to turn each movement into an excruciating task.

Giving a final wordless glare from Usabhar to Zurkar, Olag makes his way out... for all of ten feet. That's as far as Olog reached before falling dead in the snow. To your enhanced sights, it is clear that nobody cast any spell. Perhaps the old dwarf was running on fumes and spite until the bitter end. Even so, the fungus-covered dwarf does leave at least one more mystery in its wake.

You can all tell that Olog was surprised by Usabhar's alibi.

Faerie: The giant hardly leaves any pause after Rahja's question, clearly a bit outraged "Questions of WHY are the most difficult. We are the fey, the sun and the moon, the morning dew and gossamer, the shadow and the whispering wind. Mortals can argue on how and when and where each blade of grass grows but it is hubris to think there is a "WHY". The fey have no WHY."

At this, the figure seems to soften, continuing on in Sylvan "but you are young and I can see your true question. How have we come to create a new world?" With that, the giant gestures grandiosely at the entire crowd, as if daring someone to supply the answer. When none comes, the giant continues. "We... are change... we move the celestial bodies and change the seasons and move the tides. We indulge freely in all changes but two... aught to naught and naught to aught. These two changes are sacred... guarded... zealously... by deities for generations. Joining in the world once more, we have been allowed to invoke these changes once more..."

Obad-hai and Ehlonna both give the sylvan giant piercing looks, "...within reason. To celebrate this grand event, we allow the world to aid us in grand creation... our largest creation."

Emanacal: Thorezor merely points at the scroll in your hands, speaking, "mizxillptic'z'sairus". With that, a small vault appears, nearly crushing the messenger's foot. Atop of the vault rests a miniature fort... or maybe.

keep... safe
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2014-02-20 at 11:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Sargti

Whether or not he, completely accidentally, turned an angry mob into a somewhat mirthful audience and deprived the player Olog of one of the cards in his hand was lost on him. From his perspective, he was an idiot, plain and simple. What did surprise him was what Usabhar was doing. Or rather, what he was not doing. Sure, every step seemed excruciating, but he never lost sight of the fact. You're just going to let him go? He whispers for a moment just before Olog collapses into the snow, much to Zurkar's surprise. There was no twang of an arrow, no thhpt of a crossbow or even the dull splurtch of a thrown dagger or even the various sounds or special effects a spell would make upon discharge. He just...fell.

Fungusface...? He says before flying over, a look of genuine concern about him as he checks for vitals. Or rather, attempts to check for vitals. Zurkar has zero medical training and what little he has picked up relates to dragons, so really he's just guessing. Regardless, he knows dwarves have pulses and breathe so he looks for ways to find that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal check
    (1d20+6)[21]

Indigo Citadel

Lord Wero turns and sees the safe appear in midair, and notices the messenger back up to avoid it last-minute. He wasn't in the mood for the High Lord's characteristic ambivalence and he compliments the messenger on his quick reactions. Nice dodge. Looking over the visual metaphor, his brain knows to look for words to describe what he sees. Castle. Fortress. Keep. Citadel. Vault. Storage. Safe. The only two words that make sense in context when put together however...

Lord Wero nods to Thorezor in understanding. It will be done. Do you require anything else?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

"Then I thank you for clearing that up. But I imagine that my question, then, is directed at the gods instead of the fey." Because Rahja still isn't quite sure why a new world would be created while the multiverse is having quite severe problems. Maybe it is hubris, mortals being expected to not question the gods, but given that there are so many gods of so many different views, many of them of opposing ideals, it becomes hard not to question everything.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica has never been one to accept the way the fey change the question around, especially with their philosophical reasoning.

No, the real question is WHY. Without dodging the question. The present world we have is facing grievous threats. Making a new one is not going to solve those threats. In fact, it will just stretch our resources thinner to defend it. So before we participate, we have to know WHY. Its not hard to answer at all.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #266

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar watches as Olog simply decides to take his leave, moving out just to the snow before immediately falling to the ground. Usabhar would not lie if he was asked if he was surprised; twisted or not, the heretic was as stubborn as any proud dwarf. The paragon couldn't tell whether Olog's collapse was the body expiring from exhaustion or a demonic pact having run it's course. Either way, if Olog is dead then the heretic matter is solved... hopefully for good. Olog's surprise makes sense only to Usabhar; the heretic, in a way was not wrong in his criticisms. That is what makes the future all the more uncertain for Sargti. Though Usabhar makes no visible expression, he is be more worried than he will ever admit of the known and the unknown surrounding these events.

Usabhar walks up to Olog as Zurkar does so, with Nasiri tailing behind them both out of some morbid curiosity. Usabhar raises a hand to tell Zurkar to move back as the paragon makes his own observations on the heretic's vital signs. Whether alive or dead, Olog's death would not have been done by Usabhar's own hands at this point; he would state why clearly to the prince when given the chance. Nasiri motions in to see about checking the corpse herself, halfway paranoid that she'll end up contracting the fungus in the process. Her mind now is more on the deceased council and what to do with them. She knows what Usabhar will say on the matter, and she won't like it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Some Heal checks of my own.

Usabhar: (1d20+13)[17]
    Nasiri: (1d20+10)[22]

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Faerie: Celestica's statement seems to unsettle many of the guests in attendance, though it is Rahja's question that provokes a response from Obad-Hai of all people, speaking in an unapologetic, deadpan voice that creaks like the slow collapse of a tree in the forest.

"We are indeed the ones who can best answer your questions. The fey, in larger groups, are the most frivolous entities in the entirety of the natural world. It is simply a part of what they are... barring rare exceptions. This privilege was something that the rulers insisted on to procure their aid and cooperation in future endeavors. A small price to pay for a whole plane of support... or so others insist."

"While the fey are entrusted with protecting what they create, I can assure you that this new world holds no more significance to them than a lovely "decoration"... the biggest show of awe that power that they can give. If you'd like to leave, please do. I only wish I could join you."

Sargti:Well... Olog is at least mostly dead. Olog the dwarf is gone by the time you all check for a pulse. The greyish fungus growing upon Olog, meanwhile, seems to be thriving more than ever. Anyone who makes physical contact in checking Olog for life needs a Fortitude save.

Emanacal: Without missing a beat, Thorezor raises onto his hinds limbs lifting up the forelimbs, as if readying for a hug.

28. - Top - End - #268

Sargti

In checking for a pulse Zurkar had more than ample opportunity to come into physical contact with the corpse. However whether or not it will truly affect him is another thing entirely. Although he is young he has a fortitude older dragons would be envious of, having spent years in almost continuous contact with dangerous toxins and the most reality-warping magics coursing through his environment and his body, it's safe to say he has plenty of battle-scars from those experiences. Whether or not the fungus could hurt him remained to be seen.

(1d20+27)[34]

Indigo Citadel

Lord Wero puts the scroll into his cloak, looking at Thorezor with a smile. Approaching him, he gently lifts the significantly smaller dragon into an affectionate embrace. It doesn't matter if you're a little different. I will always love you. He reassures the wyrmling. Who knows? Maybe Grandpa's a little different too. Just remember, if you need anything, anything at all, don't be afraid to ask for me. I am never too busy for my descendants.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja makes eye-contact with her soulmate, silently asking her if she wants to join in this creation. It seems ultimately inconsequential, but this has become a group decision. Either both do it or neither of them.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica doesn't trust the fey, not one bit, but if they are entrusted with protecting this new creation, then she doesn't see their own resources being stretched any further. Very slowly, she nods her head in agreement, misgivings still present in her face.
    #GoreMutualarejerks