New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Well, I suppose you could just give them the abilities of a Mahou Shoujo of half their Illumination levels. The general idea is that an Akuba is a monster with a portion of their previous abilities.

2. - Top - End - #62

Finally coming back to this with some changes.

1) No Gestalting. That was a good experiment but unless it's a Gestalt game NO.
    2) Rewrite the Henshin mechanic
    3) Amend the Soul Gem Corruption Point mechanic in some way.

Make the Despair Point maximum 10 at level 1 like standard, but add 2 to the max each level gained, so a level 2 Puella Magi witches out at 12 DP, etc.

Allow a Puella Magi to cast extra spells over their spells-per-day slots in exchange for extra corruption, as follows:
    Levels 1-3: 2 Corruption Points
    Levels 4-6: 3 Corruption Points
    Levels 7-9: 4 Corruption Points

Rewrite the Henshin Mechanic: You require your Soul Gem, and when you henshin, you add your Charisma mod to AC as well as Dexterity. Transforming is a full-round action, and if you spend more than twice your Mahou Kodomo level in rounds in Henshin per day plus your Charisma modifier, make a saving throw against gaining Despair Points. At 20th Level, you can be Henshined all the time forever. Also, when Henshined, a Magical Girl can summon a weapon of the same type as their chosen Martial/Exotic Proficiency.

NEW FEATURE: Bodily Improvement: Starting at 7th Level, you are able to veer into the Soul Gem's true limits and in doing so, realize that you can push your own limits.

For the price of 1 Corruption Points, you can heal yourself for 1d8 + your Constitution modifier of hit points. This applies even if your HP is at -10.

For the price of 2 Corruption Points, you can cure yourself of a disease, though it will be 4 Corruption Points if it's brought on by a Spell.

For the price of 4 Corruption Points, you can temporarily increase one of your Ability Scores by 2 for 1 hour.

for the price of 9 Corruption Points, you can recreate a destroyed body.

How does this look?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry for kind of necro'ing this thread. Regarding the Akuba, does it lose all racial features? Like say the original Mahou Kodomo was a human, netting it a bonus feat. Does the Akuba lose this bonus feat, or retain it? Same deal with other races that don't get a bonus feat, but do get other advantages.

As an added question, about Akubas... They gain half the levels of the Mahou Kodomo with the same domain and spells known. So let's say we had a 14th-level Mahou Kodomo who turned into a 7th-level Akuba. Would it retain spells known up to 7th level as the original Mahou Kodomo, but only be able to cast the spells up to Level 4 as that's the highest-level spell a 7th-level Mahou Kodomo can cast?
    Last edited by mecucu; 2016-05-26 at 01:45 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

EDIT: Thought this was a new and relevant thread, and only skimmed first page.

While you're making a singularity:
    http://princesswod.wikia.com/wiki/Pr...e_Hopeful_Wiki

Also, if fate is in the hypothetical singularity, I'd really like if the servants are as OP as they're supposed to be. I think both rpg versions I've seen were way to toned down.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2016-05-26 at 07:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by mecucu View Post
    Sorry for kind of necro'ing this thread. Regarding the Akuba, does it lose all racial features? Like say the original Mahou Kodomo was a human, netting it a bonus feat. Does the Akuba lose this bonus feat, or retain it? Same deal with other races that don't get a bonus feat, but do get other advantages.
    I believe I specified that an Akuba is created by taking a symbolically appropriate monster and applying the template, so yes, you lose racial features.

As an added question, about Akubas... They gain half the levels of the Mahou Kodomo with the same domain and spells known. So let's say we had a 14th-level Mahou Kodomo who turned into a 7th-level Akuba. Would it retain spells known up to 7th level as the original Mahou Kodomo, but only be able to cast the spells up to Level 4 as that's the highest-level spell a 7th-level Mahou Kodomo can cast?
    Yes, you would lose the spells known. You're effectively building an entirely new creature based on the dead Mahou Kodomo.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

What kind of action is bodily improvement? Intuitively, it seems standard, but at the same time, strictly speaking, there's better alternatives at that level. If it was standard action it'd have no use in-combat ever, which I think you were kind of going for Sayaka's whole "not caring" aspect which would definitely be in battle.

I was thinking for my campaign it'd be 1 Corruption point for a Move Action, 2 for a Swift, and 3 for a Free (after all it is only 1d8+CON, which isn't much at that level. If you got to heal for "free" then it might be considerable) but I'd really like your opinion on it as you're the one who made and balanced this.

7. - Top - End - #67

I'd just straight up let it be a free action; Corruption is enough of a drawback since there's no easy way to get rid of it.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
    I'd just straight up let it be a free action; Corruption is enough of a drawback since there's no easy way to get rid of it.
    Free action that can only be done once per round, or any number of times per round? Many free actions can only be done once/round, though other separate free actions can be taken in the same round.

9. - Top - End - #69

You can pay more corruption for more healing, no problem with that.