Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Gento High, Secondary School for the Deceased.

Gento High is a well regarded School in the center of Nakano District of Tokyo, many students seen in the districts famed "Nakano Broadway" wear the schools uniforms. The school is known for its skilled student body, either in sports or academics, Gento only takes talented students.

The school has 3 main buildings and sits on a 3 acre plot of land, the main school building with a large dirt courtyard with benches and a few small gardens, to the south is the large main gate and the west is the track field, beyond that is the sports and clubs building, a mixture gymnasium storage and small classrooms for club activities, the third and final building is affectionately known as "jail" and is dedicated entirely to the schools baseball teams, their star sport, it is called such due to its eerie look, barred windows and the fact that only the captain and coach of the baseball team have keys, sometimes people got locked inside and there were tales of people starving over long weekends, there hand prints left on the windows and other silly stories.

Spoiler: Uniforms
    Show

Spoiler: The School
    Show

Main building from the track field, there is a small baseball diamond in the center of the track but most of the teams practicing and games are off school grounds.

The Front of the school is to the right and the back to the left, the "Jail" is off to the left and the club/sports building is behind the photographer, the school faces south.
    Last edited by Deerpoob; 2013-10-10 at 11:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Gento High, Secondary School for the Deceased.

Note: I'd like a complete profile for each if possible, that means if your character only has one name or no picture I'd like to have them please!

Oh and let me know if the skills and traits are all acceptable, a trait is something that will save your life, it's that thing that will pull you or a friend out of bad situations so if they seem a little wobbly on the balance scale don't worry too much.

Alive

Spoiler: Tanaka Yuri
    Show

Player: nersxe

Yuri is in an unfortunate place in her life. She's the star of the track team, but at the same time she's socially isolated and not really good with people. She's got athletic scholarships enough to go to most schools debt-free, but she has no idea what she wants to go for.

Now there are zombies everywhere, and while she's freaking out, at the same time, she's kind of relieved. No one expects her to be able to do anything except run and fight, and thanks to her dad's insistence on self-defense classes, she can do both those things. It's a little messed up, but maybe this kind of life is the one she was born for.

Skills:
    Running
    Dex based
    Hand-to-hand Combat
    Survival

Trait:
    Runner- Yuri is a track star with years under her belt, she can sprint at incredible speed but is also able to moderate herself, allowing for long distance running at a slower pace easily.

Spoiler: Iku Kurogane
    Show

Player: Pesimismrocks

A Drama Geek to the core, Iku spend smost of her days creating costumes and working on Special Effects. She can be quite shy when out of character and feels awkward around people older then her. When the apocalypse came, she felt sorry for the many that fell, but it gave her to escape from her everyday life and become a character of her own.

Appearence wise she's very small, with long ginger hair.

Skills:
    Performance (acting)
    Clothwork (sewing knitting etc.)
    Motive Senseing
    Construction (Basic props and structures)

Trait:
    Shifty- Between her small stature, knowledge of staging and years of ducking out of actors way Iku has learned how not to be touched or grabbed when the need arises.

Spoiler: Michiko Jones
    Show

Player: Chain

Michiko loves baseball.
    Well, baseball and boys.
    Well, baseball, boys and peach ice cream.
    But mostly baseball.

Michiko's dad is an American - a big-wig for some international business with an important branch here in Japan - and though she's lived here entire life here she couldn't help but pick up some American mannerisms from her father. Baseball is one of them. She is also direct to the point of being rude, and pursues boys she is interested in decidedly unfeminine, indiscreet ways. Despite this (or, perhaps because of it?) Michiko has never found herself at a loss for friends and is considerably popular amongst her peers. She hasn't given a lot of thought to what she's going to do after school. Go pro, maybe?

Skills:
    Sprinting
    Strength based
    Persuasion
    High-class

Trait: Flirt- Boys gravitate to Michiko and she knows how to use this to her advantage

Spoiler: Suzu Satou
    Show

Player: Mekboy

Suzu's an odd girl. Pretty much all her classmates agree on that. Funny thing is though, despite all her oddities, most of them like her. She's pretty funny for one thing (then again, someone who talks as much as she does is bound to come out with something funny eventually), and all her attention seeking stunts usually come out fairly well. Sure, she can be fairly (alright then, very) annoying, partly due to her assumption that everyone's her friend and partly due to her aforementioned problem shutting up, but she's shown on several occasions that she at least tries to be a good friend. While she's far from amazing academically, she's fairly well known for her skill at baseball - not quite enough to make the team, but still pretty impressive.

Skills:
    Dex based
    Persuasion
    Throwing
    Sprinting

Trait: Wildcard- Suzu's antics and crazy ideas have a tendency to somehow pull through.

Spoiler: Yuuta Hideyoshi
    Show

Player: Mr Stereo1

Yuuta is the latest in a long line of excellent doctors. Of course, as a high school student he isn't a doctor yet, but from the moment he spoke his first word his family has been pushing him into their chosen profession. Every waking moment of every day must be dedicated to cramming for his studies, or preparing for medical school, or to carrying out a work placement at the city hospital.

It's left him more than a little bit disconnected from reality, as well as a consummate loner. No-one really knows what to make of him when he turns up at the gym. A good doctor knows the value of taking care of his body, you see.

Skills:
    First aid
    Psychology
    Survival
    Strength based

Trait: Anatomy - Hideyoshi's knowledge of the human body allows him, if given time and the element of surprise, to quite handedly disable opponents ligaments and tendons.

Spoiler: Kaito Orihara
    Show

Player: A Rainy Knight

"You see something funny here, dirtbag?"

Kaito is a rather cynical member of the karate club with a scary reputation that his near-permanent glare does little to remedy. The rumors aside, he's not entirely a bad person; although he's a bit of a misanthropist and generally prefers to be left alone in peace and quiet, he's a reliable friend to the few people who've gotten to know him and seems to enjoy taking down those who pick on people smaller than them. Nothing ever really seems to faze him, and it's rumored that he once single-handedly beat a gang of delinquents into submission without so much as twitching an eyebrow after seeing them harassing a couple of underclassmen girls. The story's probably a bit exaggerated, of course, but it's true that it's a bad idea to get on Kaito's bad side.

Skills:
    Unarmed Combat
    Strength based
    Dexterity based
    Intimidate

Trait: seen some ****- Kaito's cynical nature allows him to keep his head clear of fear, distraction and doubt when pressured by danger.
    Last edited by Deerpoob; 2013-10-12 at 02:22 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Awyea. Checking in, cap'n.
    Spoiler: I got a cookie!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Baveboi View Post
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Spoiler: I write
    Show
    The Named, a superhero webnovel where names are everything. (Updated 3/14/14)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imheretoo,cantwait
    And treasure!
    Wait, that doesn't make any sense

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Likewise checking in. I think I'm going to be fine with psychology as a minor skill. It provides a nice lens for him to interact with people when he can't fit it into the context of a family or medical professional relationship.

For favoured weapon, I'm thinking something along the lines of a shovel. Heavy, sharp, and unlikely to break. "The leading current treatment is a large dose of blunt force to the affected area. Followed by cremation."
    Chimmy made the avatar.

Insanity is checking the IC twice and expecting a different result.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stereo1 View Post
    Likewise checking in. I think I'm going to be fine with psychology as a minor skill. It provides a nice lens for him to interact with people when he can't fit it into the context of a family or medical professional relationship.

For favoured weapon, I'm thinking something along the lines of a shovel. Heavy, sharp, and unlikely to break. "The leading current treatment is a large dose of blunt force to the affected area. Followed by cremation."
    Also let's him get all mind loopy on people.

I wouldn't trust one weapon too much, you'll have to take what you can get!

7. - Top - End - #7

Checking in!
    Beautiful avatar of peerless beauty by Kasanip!
    Sigatars by Prime32 and Kasanip/me.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Dangit Rainy, why must you be so smart?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm here and claiming Navy for my speech color

Michiko's father was American, so I suppose her last name would also be American?

Michiko Jones or Jones Michiko. She's fine with having her name said either way.
    Last edited by Chain; 2013-10-11 at 09:57 AM.
    You don't win the Game of Death by dying first. The name is misleading.

Avatar by Serpentine. Chain-doll by Recaiden.

9. - Top - End - #9

Checking in, and if we're choosing colours I think I'll be taking red. Oh, and I think I'll be Suzu Satou in full.
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

10. - Top - End - #10

I suppose I'll have Kaito talk in an icy Royal Blue.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

I shall claim SlateGrey for Yuuta.
    Chimmy made the avatar.

12. - Top - End - #12

Iku will take Purple
    And treasure!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

We're looking good! I've had games fall apart of me as soon as it moves from the recruitment so glad to see some dedication!

so are there any questions? requests?

the skills are ordered by proficiency, so your best skill is first and so on down the line, it will be something along the lines of 9,7,5,3 roughly and it will follow basic dnd skill checks of a d20+number+bonus trying to beat a number, bonuses are wildly varied and can range from the enemy being unaware to having the higher ground to seeing a friend needing help or maybe your crush smiled at you, literally all these sort of things will be taken into account.

Damage will be literal, meaning if you're bit in your leg your travelling slow, if you get shot in the shoulder that arm is as good as useless, I've yet to decide if your characters are immune or not...but death occurs when it seems to make the most sense so damage is a sort of arbitrary thing, zombies experience it in the same way its all about tactics and some decent rolling, also if your character goes down that is not the end...but we'll see how things go!

so basically roleplaying and relationships are key because not only are they essentially the only mechanic besides a d20 it also has very real benefits in the system.

I might start it up tonight but if not tonight by Monday night so keep an eye on this thread!
    Last edited by Deerpoob; 2013-10-12 at 01:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

So is this a thing where, if one of our characters ends up dead, we make a new survivor who the party happens to run into later?

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

I don't suppose I could get my social skills pushed a little higher? I appreciate they probably won't come in use as much as others, but I don't mind being a bit less powerful than the others. Maybe have the order as dex, persuasion, sprinting, throwing or even persuasion, dex, sprinting, throwing.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    So is this a thing where, if one of our characters ends up dead, we make a new survivor who the party happens to run into later?
    If they want to continue playing ya, or there are other potential options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekboy View Post
    I don't suppose I could get my social skills pushed a little higher? I appreciate they probably won't come in use as much as others, but I don't mind being a bit less powerful than the others. Maybe have the order as dex, persuasion, sprinting, throwing or even persuasion, dex, sprinting, throwing.
    Thing's like throwing are naturally higher, the more specific the skill the higher it is as well since you use it OVER dex when throwing, so your persuasion is higher then it appears to be.

I also need a picture or description from you!
    Last edited by Deerpoob; 2013-10-12 at 01:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Okay, here's a short description then:

Suzu's eccentric personality is quite obvious from her appearance - hair dyed an eye-catching orange and spiked elaborately. Despite her below average height and generally slight body, her generally loud and larger-than-life personality seem to make up for it.

18. - Top - End - #18

Firstly, can we get the bonuses listed next to the skill and trait? As in, First Aid (+9), Psychology (+7), etc.

Second, I notice Kaito has a morale trait. Will you be rolling for characters' reactions to danger or stress? Yuuta might be a little off on that scale. If necessary I suppose we could move the strength up to the seven slot as his combat stat, and burn the trait on his mental state.
    Chimmy made the avatar.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Okay, here's a short description then:

Suzu's eccentric personality is quite obvious from her appearance - hair dyed an eye-catching orange and spiked elaborately. Despite her below average height and generally slight body, her generally loud and larger-than-life personality seem to make up for it.
    While a picture would keep things easier to track since everyone else has one, that's just fine!

Firstly, can we get the bonuses listed next to the skill and trait? As in, First Aid (+9), Psychology (+7), etc.

Second, I notice Kaito has a morale trait. Will you be rolling for characters' reactions to danger or stress? Yuuta might be a little off on that scale. If necessary I suppose we could move the strength up to the seven slot as his combat stat, and burn the trait on his mental state.
    the stats aren't posted purposefully, it's not going to be a numbers game and they will fluctuate wildly anyways, It's because I want you to think about things strategically and as more realistic then a regular game, you aren't going to get around the other side of a zombie opposite your friend because it gives you a +2 your going to do it because then as soon as it goes for one of you the other can bash it's head it.

Ya there will be essentially a moral + or - and Kaito will always be slightly less affected by it, since he cares less for others he won't be as afraid if they get attacked but nor will he be as driven to charge in and save them unless he really cares. as for you if you want your character to avoid it then just show it with the role-playing and the bonuses will act accordingly!
    Last edited by Deerpoob; 2013-10-12 at 02:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Hmm, hows about this:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, hows about this:

ok! thanks!
    Last edited by Deerpoob; 2013-10-12 at 02:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Wow, having an Alive section is ominous.
    And treasure!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Gento High

You don't have to be in one of the inner classrooms, the scene could also be visible from some of the club rooms and the track, or you might not see it at all if you are elsewhere.

Feel free to ask about relationships and stuff before hand, I don't know if any of you have been talking about that sort of thing but I think Gento is a fairly smallish population school(perhaps 600 students?) despite it's fairly large and lavish setting so knowing each others names or at least there last name is fairly likely.

You are all likely to be in your second or third year, but I'm not ruling out first and senior if you'd like.

24. - Top - End - #24

Not sure what limits you set on player liberties yet, so I just went with it for now. The first aid kit I'm imagining in reception is just the simple lunch-box sized affair your see in pretty much every public building, a handful of bandages and maybe some disinfectant. The medical room and the school nurse are things that I've seen referenced in animes as standard, too, though personally I've never been in a large enough institution to warrant one so I couldn't say what it would or wouldn't contain.

As for the morale/situation thing, I guess that's fine. Just give us some idea of whether there is a positive or negative modifier, I guess. Back to the wall protection or friends aside, whether we're in a good position to do something is a serious thing to consider if you want a tactical game.
    Chimmy made the avatar.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Not sure what limits you set on player liberties yet, so I just went with it for now. The first aid kit I'm imagining in reception is just the simple lunch-box sized affair your see in pretty much every public building, a handful of bandages and maybe some disinfectant. The medical room and the school nurse are things that I've seen referenced in animes as standard, too, though personally I've never been in a large enough institution to warrant one so I couldn't say what it would or wouldn't contain.

As for the morale/situation thing, I guess that's fine. Just give us some idea of whether there is a positive or negative modifier, I guess. Back to the wall protection or friends aside, whether we're in a good position to do something is a serious thing to consider if you want a tactical game.
    If it makes sense I'll likely allow it, so yes I'm fine with Yuuta grabbing or perhaps even having on his person a small first aid kit.

Of course such a school would have its own nurse and there would be some minor medical equipment available, though it'd likely be all medicine and perhaps some splints and gauze and maybe a bit of mild sedative or something.

Yes position and morale will be key, I will describe the sort of "general air" of the given situation, if things are grave you'll be sure to know it, and while that won't tell you the exact number you can tell that it would be a decently large negative, if its ever unclear just ask but I'll do my best to get the ideas across.

26. - Top - End - #26

Roll to carefully carry Kagara-sensei somewhere relatively close, comfortable, and not-in-sight-of-clearly-psychotic-cannibals. Without causing him pain or injury.

(1d20)[18]

At-a-glance diagnosis roll for the girls at the gate (1d20)[18]

I'm assuming there will be a post or two between now and the post where Yuuta tries to see to Kagara-sensei's injuries, so no first aid roll just yet.
    Chimmy made the avatar.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Roll to carefully carry Kagara-sensei somewhere relatively close, comfortable, and not-in-sight-of-clearly-psychotic-cannibals. Without causing him pain or injury.

[roll0]

At-a-glance diagnosis roll for the girls at the gate [roll1]

I'm assuming there will be a post or two between now and the post where Yuuta tries to see to Kagara-sensei's injuries, so no first aid roll just yet.
    He'll still complain but that's just how he is.

The girls look unlike anything you've seen before, there eyes don't seem to be looking at anyone or anything just sort of forward towards the group as a whole, you also notice the girl who didn't bite him appears to be standing quite harshly on a completely shattered ankle, were as the other girl has blood on one side and her suit jacket is somewhat torn, which isn't inline with the blood from her mouth.

28. - Top - End - #28

Question on the girls, did Yuuta notice any bloodflow from their injuries?

As for this coming post, I'm curious how you'll be playing the zombie virus. For now Yuuta is going to be looking at it as a crazy form of rabies on steroids. Do you think it would be fair to say he knows the sort of content/detail you get from wikipedia about most medical conditions, as a crutch for me playing him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies

First Aid roll to clean his injury and stop the blood loss. No concern for pain, just getting the wound as clean as possible in the hope of slowing the infection long enough for the authorities to get their act together. He's probably dead no matter what though.

(1d20)[17]

EDIT: Also, if there's any nearby hot water and soap to work with, Yuuta could use that to try and get as much of the infected material out of the wound as possible. There's normally disinfectant wipes in first aid kits... but, yeah.
    Last edited by Mr Stereo1; 2013-10-14 at 04:52 PM.
    Chimmy made the avatar.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pesimismrocks View Post
    Iku rushes into the lobby. She looks terrified.There was *pant* but then a thir *pant* and blood and *pant* face gone *pant* ZOMBIE
    Oh my gosh, are we playing this as Genre-Aware?
    You don't win the Game of Death by dying first. The name is misleading.

Avatar by Serpentine. Chain-doll by Recaiden.

30. - Top - End - #30

Exclamation Re: Gento High, Secondary School for the Deceased.

*Shrugs* Fairly genre-savvy character, and what would your thought be if you saw a half faced man blindly and mindlessly groping uselessly through a school gate?
    And treasure!