New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,484 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 178: Mia clementia denor esto

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    MagOffice - Stuff After Civvy

"Don't worry about missions right now. Make some friends. Find some people to lean on; HALO seems to be a friendly, supportive bunch. That's not just advice, by the way, it's an order. The worst thing to go through something like that, escape, and then have nobody care at all." Magtok certainly sounds like he's speaking from experience, but I doubt he'll be elaborating on that anytime soon. Not to the girl who tried to rob him, and even then, definitely not with Ark in the room. That's not the sort of thing discussed with the pretty but slightly air-headed catgirl who-

Oh. Huh. Magtok never actually needed that chair she was using, did he? Well that's vaguely embarrassing. Oh well.

"Okay, leader business done for now. So far that's...someone who robbed me made a member, someone who tried to burn your face helped with a pregnancy, and my face beaten to pieces by a were-monster-hyena-bat thing in an honor duel. All I have left is restructuring the command hierarchy and stuff, doing more of that stuff with squads, talking with Watch, meeting with Inside, having other-me check the files to see if Civvy's single, sending some people on a mission, finding people qualified to send on that mission, andohdearlordthat'salot." He drops right into his favorite chair, mentally exhausted already. He can see how this sort of work could drain the life out of someone, but it's far too soon to quit now. He has to prove himself as the Superior Spiderman a qualified and competent leader of HALO to himself, HALO's members, and the world.
    Thalia nods and leaves, grinning.
    I'm gonna go do some petty crime that I'm totally joking about by the way.
    Ark jokes, grinning at Magtok and heading out.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Firbolg in the Playground

[PSI-chosis: Poolside]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Arlem may notice that the poor Mr. C is not going with getting swinged around by his ride. instead he seems to blink away to the other shoulder for a moment and returns when leo faces her again.

"Nop, he is long dead. Must be 999 years since he died."
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    "Well, it's good to meet you, Arlem," Leo responds, answering her gesture in kind with a slight bow (not too steep to throw Mr. C off-balance, of course). His headache seems to be subsiding now...Is he getting used to the pain or to the sensation of receiving telepathic messages?

"These 'other things' you mentioned," he repeats inquisitively. "Do you mean...psychokinesis...?" Leo has encountered entities capable of different forms of psychokinesis, or PK, in the past, but he himself has only been able to borrow those abilities on a spiritual channel before. With his telepathic potential exposed, however, he can't help but wonder if he has the knack for other psychic powers as well.
    Hmm. That's a neat trick, remaining in one place like that. "Well, you could always try." Probably the latter, as pain itself is quite persistent.

"Psychokinesis, mind control, clairvoyance, there's a lot one can do if they put their mind to it." Arlem smiles, someone polite!
    "Not that I can do all of that, but it's possible. Nice to properly meet you. You've done some of those things before, through the spirits, haven't you? It's similar to that."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1473

somewhere

Thalia wanders around, Interacton wanted!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #1474

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    somewhere

Thalia wanders around, Interacton wanted!
    [Sometime after teaching Leo]

"Hello there." A figure approaches.
    "Are you new here? I don't recall seeing you about before. Perhaps you're better informed about this whole Magtok issue than I am?"

Thalia will find that the person speaking to her looks just like herself.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1475

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Sometime after teaching Leo]

"Hello there." A figure approaches.
    "Are you new here? I don't recall seeing you about before. Perhaps you're better informed about this whole Magtok issue than I am?"

Thalia will find that the person speaking to her looks just like herself.
    Yeah, I just join- wait, who are you?
    Thalia asks, confused, as she stops dead in her tracks and stares, mouth open.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #1476

"I'm Thalia. Who would you be?"
    Arlem, for of course that's who this is, makes a passive attempt to read Thalia's mind, to try to see what she's thinking, now and throughout the conversation.
    Arlem tries to take Thalia by the hand and lead her into the arboretum, hoping that the plant-filled area is still intact.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1477

"I'm Thalia. Who would you be?"
    Arlem, for of course that's who this is, makes a passive attempt to read Thalia's mind, to try to see what she's thinking, now and throughout the conversation.
    Arlem tries to take Thalia by the hand and lead her into the arboretum, hoping that the plant-filled area is still intact.
    Thalia. Abolitionist and new member of HALO
    She winces unconsciously as she says the Abolitionist part.
    Arlem will learn of her life: her abuse at the hands of slavers, her relationship with Magtok (once tried to rob him before), her pyrokinesis that mysteriously doesn't work for some reason, and knowledge of Bronze Keep.
    She succeeds
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-03-15 at 12:49 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #1478

"Ah, welcome, other Thalia. I've been here for a while. I take it you've tangled with Skyside's thugs recently?" Pat on the back, and then definitely!Thalia lets her counterpart go and leans against a tree.
    "We should organize something for the benefit of the slaves. Even if it's up to Skyside to stop the trade as a whole, we can help the individuals it comes down on, no?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1479

"Ah, welcome, other Thalia. I've been here for a while. I take it you've tangled with Skyside's thugs recently?" Pat on the back, and then definitely!Thalia lets her counterpart go and leans against a tree.
    "We should organize something for the benefit of the slaves. Even if it's up to Skyside to stop the trade as a whole, we can help the individuals it comes down on, no?"
    Agreed. How did you know...?
    Thalia asks, confused.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #1480

"You described yourself as an abolitionist, and it clearly bothered you. Doesn't take much besides that. Down here, you feel almost like you're not underwater. Like you could swing up through the branches forever."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1481

"You described yourself as an abolitionist, and it clearly bothered you. Doesn't take much besides that. Down here, you feel almost like you're not underwater. Like you could swing up through the branches forever."
    ....okay then. Fair enough. You'll be happy to know that I can confirm the deaths of two already.
    Talia replies , leaning on another tree
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #1482

"Congratulations. Used to killing, are you then?"
    Has this Thalia always been flipping a knife in her left hand? Probably not, but nobody could have seen her draw it from anywhere.
    "HALO's going to be shook up soon. It'll be up to people like you to see that it does what you set out to join it for."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1483

"Congratulations. Used to killing, are you then?"
    Has this Thalia always been flipping a knife in her left hand? Probably not, but nobody could have seen her draw it from anywhere.
    "HALO's going to be shook up soon. It'll be up to people like you to see that it does what you set out to join it for."
    I only killed one of them.
    Thalia corrects.
    Thank you.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagOffice After Civvy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Thalia nods and leaves, grinning.
    I'm gonna go do some petty crime that I'm totally joking about by the way.
    Ark jokes, grinning at Magtok and heading out.
    "Nooooooo!" Magtok jokingly cries in feigned distress, his arms held out to try to stop her. He doesn't get out of the chair, though. Too tired for that. Besides, he needs to stay here and get everything set up for the NEW THREAD
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi