The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now

View Poll Results: Will you vote on this poll?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    110 32.64%
  • No

    79 23.44%
  • Maybe

    61 18.10%
  • What's a poll?

    87 25.82%
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950515253546994 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 3016
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Amidus Drexel's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Algol System
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Huh. Not surprised. He's an awesome guy.

    I also noticed a street this week in Cleveland...

    Seriously, at the time I marked it for here and I wrote it down and then I looked at the quote....
    >.>
    <.<
    I'm flattered...

    That's where the name came from. I quite literally stole it off of a street sign from when I was on vacation in Cleveland.

    Heheheh

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    It is indeed in Philadelphia. Fairly close to me, in fact. I see Drexel stuff all the time, and inevitably think of our many voiced companion!

    As far as other events...I'm trying to recall...I'm sure I'm missing some things.
    Heheheh, they actually sent me a couple letters asking me to apply there... I was tempted to apply, just for the humor in it.

    Ooh! I've got a test today! Does that count?

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    You have confused me greatly...
    It would seem my pun on "stew" was too subtle...
    RB: IC || OOC

    PbP Characters: Remiel, Alexander

    Avatar by FinnLassie
    A few odds and ends.

  2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground
     
    FinnLassie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Uusimaa

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Well, I hope it works out, whatever you end up doing. Not all schools over here start so early (although a lot do). I suppose it also depends how late in August the wedding's planned, as well.
    23rd. Which is basically a week before August ends.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Aaaand I'm back. Miss me? 'Course you didn't.

    I brought with me (1) a two-day hangover, (2) a vicious sunburn and (3) a red satin devil costume (don't ask).

    Eh, corporate life. Whatchagonnado. And honestly, if I didn't have work, I'd just feel odd. On the other hand, everyone says this is the craziest it's going to get, so who knows. Still have to see about that, though. Heh.
    I always miss you! Like, when I remember you. But that isn't always. Every now and then, more like. Ahem, I mean...

    That sounds to Finnish.

    Well... I suppose that if you like your work, it's ok, innit? Well, only if you get some proper holiday from there at least once or twice a year, that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Carbonated spruce needle beverage sounds like something I could get in rural Quebec. It also sounds delicious. I wish to learn still more of your exotic Finnish culture and the delights it holds.

    Shirley means nothing to me, söpöliini. Haven't you noticed her around, like, everywhere? One can barely swing a fluffy bough of larch in here without hitting her. Her hair is lustreless and lank, and bears no interest to me: nor has she anything of the refined goofiness I hold dear.

    Here is a handsome bird posing for your comfort.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Browsing my memory files, from QI or Antiques Roadshow or some documentary piece of Britannia....
    It honestly is one of the tastiest thing I have ever consumed. Alongside with blackcurrant leaf carbonated drinks. Those are the shizz, especially home made!

    OH MY HOLY CRAP YOU DID NOT JUST CALL ME A CUTIEPIE IN FINNISH I LOVE YOU KNEEBREAKER YOU TOTALLY NIBBLED YOUR WAY TO MY HEART.

    What a cutiepie! *frolicks*

    My two favourite TV shows.
    Kneeblein, can we drool over antiques together at some point?



    ION: There was a HUGE power cut off in Glasgow just now. Our power was off for an hour, I managed to have a fancy wee panic attack there. Not funny at all. It ran from about central station all the way to where I live, which covers A LOT of shops, flats, traffic lights and lampposts. Yeah. basically someone turned off the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

  3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Universe.

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    So what kind of random bantering goes on around here, anyway?
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

    I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

  4. - Top - End - #1294
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    ION: There was a HUGE power cut off in Glasgow just now. Our power was off for an hour, I managed to have a fancy wee panic attack there. Not funny at all. It ran from about central station all the way to where I live, which covers A LOT of shops, flats, traffic lights and lampposts. Yeah. basically someone turned off the city.
    Ugh, sounds terrible. Look on the bright side though, up here in winter, if the power is out for too long we have to evacuate the entire city since we'll all freeze to death otherwise.

    Oh also I AM SICK BLARGH *does a manner of unlady like things*


    Legend of Trains Avatar by Pinkhaired August. Choo choo!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So what kind of random bantering goes on around here, anyway?
    All of it!

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh also I AM SICK BLARGH
    Did a tiny chicken lay eggs in your brain?
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-10-30 at 10:14 PM.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  6. - Top - End - #1296
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dimonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    With the Dragonpuppies
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Eh, it just seems like it would annoy the hell out of the upperclassmen. No real point to making it university policy to essentially say the same thing to the majority of students as the police do.
    Except the university, unlike the police, does not need a warrant to search students' rooms, and so actually has a chance of preventing on-campus drinking. Not that they generally manage that, mind you, but again: I'm not going to complain about a policy that gives people fewer reasons to try to make me drink.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    What the hell is a dry campus and why does it exist.
    A campus where alcohol is not allowed. To prevent students from dying of alcohol poisoning while actually on campus.

    ION:Hey Crunk, if you're around I thought you might like to know that PTX volume 2 is up on soundcloud and available through Billboard here. Best part is, it's totally legal - or I assume it is, since Pentatonix shared the link via their Facebook page.

    (Oh, other folks should check that out, too. I'm just mentioning Crunk because he showed interest in Pentatonix earlier)
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy by Cuthalion

  7. - Top - End - #1297
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Did a tiny chicken lay eggs in your brain?
    Nope, and I'm afraid the reference goes over my head.


    Legend of Trains Avatar by Pinkhaired August. Choo choo!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Nope, and I'm afraid the reference goes over my head.
    Ask the new guy. He gets it.

    Presumably.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-10-30 at 10:27 PM.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    -big thing over Finnish word-
    Hmm so that is what that means? How do you pronounce that? There is a word I absolutely must learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So what kind of random bantering goes on around here, anyway?
    All of the bantering. Whatever you want! So long as it is allowed on the boards, so you know, no religion or politics or such serious bizz. Welcome welcome! How are you today?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh also I AM SICK BLARGH *does a manner of unlady like things*
    Aww I am sorry that you are much ill. Have of soup of chickeny healing, my own mom prepared quite a bit.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.


    Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

  10. - Top - End - #1300
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Taet's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sacramento-ish, CA

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    It honestly is one of the tastiest thing I have ever consumed. Alongside with blackcurrant leaf carbonated drinks. Those are the shizz, especially home made!
    A drink made from a leaf of a berry bush? Tea is a leaf drink. I can understand that. A blackcurrant is a berry. I can understand a berry drink. But I do not understand this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So what kind of random bantering goes on around here, anyway?
    Hello Zweisteine! Have some tea as I try to type your name and try to understand the strange things people serve to drink.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Except the university, unlike the police, does not need a warrant to search students' rooms, and so actually has a chance of preventing on-campus drinking.
    I am worried that you write this like it is a good thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Aww I am sorry that you are much ill. Have of soup of chickeny healing, my own mom prepared quite a bit.
    May I have some soup too? I am cold again but I will not sleep now. Too much tea already. Also it has made me nervous. People can be proud of their Halloween pranks but they do not and should not use them on people calling their phone number from a list. It is my job to call but it is not my job to find out how loud your air horn is. I am not that quick with the mute button.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

  11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I am worried that you write this like it is a good thing.
    Just want to point out that anti-drinking measures can be good or bad depending on where you stand as far as alcohol. I personally believe that it shouldn't be wholly kept from people, but there are also a lot of people in the world who need to learn to control their enjoyment and not ruin other peoples'. I like some wine and some vodka, but hate having drunk people talking to me like idiots, or the drunken temper some of my family gets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    May I have some soup too? I am cold again but I will not sleep now. Too much tea already. Also it has made me nervous. People can be proud of their Halloween pranks but they do not and should not use them on people calling their phone number from a list. It is my job to call but it is not my job to find out how loud your air horn is. I am not that quick with the mute button.
    Yes, all may enjoy the soup! The lovely chicken soup is available to all. I am sorry for your current suffering. Have soup for healing and calm.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.


    Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

  12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Teddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Where's Teddy when you need him?
    Oh, I seem to have missed this. I'm tempted, but I don't think I'm quite in the mood for drawing right now...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Always he is about, just on the other side of the barrier between the third and fourth dimension where a pure sky drifts with careless fleecy clouds. He must be summoned, however, with a cup of mulled wine set in a circumscription of sprinkled roquettes: and the words, spoken with the eyes closed while turning counterclockwise thrice, "sötnos, sötnos, sötnos."
    Nawww...

    I must say, you must've gotten the rucola wrong. Truth is that I despise rucola almost as much as I do mushrooms, it's only that for some reason, it works wonderfully in pie. Try cloudberries instead. It's physically impossible for me to resist cloudberries... :3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    That titillates me and makes me want to dive into the dark icy waters to look for artefacts and treasure. As an archivist I know well that not everything can be kept, indeed must not be kept: for who really needs some huge pile of soggy old ships? -- and yet, are there ever efforts to emerse them?
    By emerse, do you mean salvage (Wiktionary doesn't recognise the word)? Well, the ships are better preserved in the murky depths than on land, so most of it is left down there for divers to explore. There are of course exceptions, like Sweden's most visited tourist attraction, Vasa. She's a nightmare to preserve, though...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    & it never quite works properly for me. I never use it, I just start at the latest post and read backwards.
    Hmm, yeah, I've noticed you quote in reverse chronological order...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pantler View Post
    I'm a young doctor and I just got qualified for a medical rehabilitation specialization course near my home, which means I don't have to move and can begin looking for a flat for me & my fiancee and then we can marry and I know nobody cares but I'm just so frakking happy right now
    Congratulations! :3

    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    As wrecking is illegal I admit to nothing. But yes, a few stray lanterns, or perhaps some too trusting captains might find their ship lighter of cargo than it once was. And really, anything that washes up or is on a wreck is fair gain. Or at least it was. Now you just have to make sure you're not caught doing it.
    This is, of course, theft, and as such it cannot be condoned or encouraged.
    Hehehe...

    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Cool. The waters around here are quite rough in parts, so they're not exactly perfectly conducive to preservation, but if it sinks in the right spot, and the currents are right . . .
    Yeah, I can imagine...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Oh my dear fellow, no, you shouldn't be doing summonings on campus anyways! To rightly conjure Teddy you ought to be in a pristine forest of birch, preferably with a clear spring living nearby. Shirley wine is not proscribed out there, beyond the penstroke of man's laws?
    Hmm, there aren't many true birch forests around, and while I love the hunched looks of a good fjäll-birch forest, I still think I actually find pines or oaks mightier. Given, oak forests aren't a very Swedish thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    It's skipped a post or two for me, although nothing so egregious as a page yet.
    Hmm, perhaps I should make a post about it the Board/Site Issues subforum then...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... but every fifteen minutes, half hour, or hour I spend drawing one of those is that much less motivation I have left to spend on my actual work... it happens when it happens, I suppose.
    Yeah, that's a problem indeed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Well, I'd hardly count "being flagged down by the bus stop to say hi", "saying hi whilst getting food", and "a conversation on facebook" a blast, per se, but it was nice to interact with people, as it were. Not often I see that many people I know well in a given day.
    Hehehe...

    ION:
    We're heading up to our ancestral farm this evening to stay over the weekend. Truth to be told, I'm conflicted about this. I feel I haven't had proper time to settle down and root myself since the exam period, and thus the notion of living in another house, however familiar to me it is, than my home just doesn't tempt me the slightest. On the other hand, I probably won't get the peace i desire if I stay at home either...

    Sigh, I just want to curl up in a ball and feel insignificant for a few days while someone else cares for me and tells me I'm not without trying to put any responsibilites on me...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

    Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Feytalist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I always miss you! Like, when I remember you. But that isn't always. Every now and then, more like. Ahem, I mean...

    That sounds to Finnish.

    Well... I suppose that if you like your work, it's ok, innit? Well, only if you get some proper holiday from there at least once or twice a year, that is.
    You say the sweetest things

    Seriously, should I just go pick up my Finnish passport right now? I'll tell them I have an expert reference

    Yeah, I make sure I get some days off here and there. (No holidays, we just get a bunch of annual leave days to do with as we please.) Being burnt out is no fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A campus where alcohol is not allowed. To prevent students from dying of alcohol poisoning while actually on campus.
    I forget that you guys have weird legal age laws sometimes. Is legal drinking age above the average age of a college student over there? Coz that would make sense. Otherwise... well. I spent five years on a campus that was certainly not dry, and it was hardly bedlam. No-one died, and there were places to go for peace and quiet and study if you wanted. And we're hardly the most ruly tribe over here in Africa-land.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    By emerse, do you mean salvage (Wiktionary doesn't recognise the word)?
    Emerse: to rise above the surface of the water. Like, opposite of immerse I'd guess.

    (Also, wooo I learnt a new word)


    My sunburn has started itching like crazy. I'd prefer the pain, to be honest. This is just annoying. And this always happens. First sun of the Summer; I overdo it, and then I avoid the sun for the rest of the year. Sigh.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

    From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

  14. - Top - End - #1304
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DJ Yung Crunk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    東京
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Ugh... Too many pages of stuff to get through. Can someone just give me the highlights?


    "Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

    Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

  15. - Top - End - #1305
    Troll in the Playground
     
    FinnLassie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Uusimaa

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Ugh... Too many pages of stuff to get through. Can someone just give me the highlights?
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

  16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.
    This should be a signature. I want it in my signature. *looks at signature*

    It doesn't fit... Extended signature?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  17. - Top - End - #1307
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DJ Yung Crunk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    東京
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    He's getting married? Well, congratulations, man. Taking the plunge. I haven't even put my swim trunks on yet.

    But still, way to go, buddy.


    "Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

    Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

  18. - Top - End - #1308
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    He's getting married? Well, congratulations, man. Taking the plunge. I haven't even put my swim trunks on yet.

    But still, way to go, buddy.
    Thank you! I've dipped my toe in the ocean once before, and I almost drowned, so this is a VERY big step for me. I'm so happy, its ridiculous.

    The proposal was last sunday, and the wedding is being planned for October 2014.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-10-31 at 07:59 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  19. - Top - End - #1309
    Banned
     
    Skeppio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pantler View Post
    I'm a young doctor and I just got qualified for a medical rehabilitation specialization course near my home, which means I don't have to move and can begin looking for a flat for me & my fiancee and then we can marry and I know nobody cares but I'm just so frakking happy right now
    Hey, everyone cares about good news like this! Congrats!

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.
    Wait, we're gate-crashing? I didn't get the memo! I don't have my gatecrashing outfit!
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2013-10-31 at 08:00 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #1310
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DJ Yung Crunk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    東京
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Thank you! I've dipped my toe in the ocean once before, and I almost drowned, so this is a VERY big step for me. I'm so happy, its ridiculous.

    The proposal was last sunday, and the wedding is being planned for October 2014.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm probably going to find a shady spot to plant my beach towel and just read a book while shouting back to you "Yes, honey. I saw that. It was very nice"


    "Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

    Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

  21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm probably going to find a shady spot to plant my beach towel and just read a book while shouting back to you "Yes, honey. I saw that. It was very nice"
    I think this analogy is getting strange...or strained...but I think I ken what you're saying...
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  22. - Top - End - #1312
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DJ Yung Crunk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    東京
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I think this analogy is getting strange...or strained...but I think I ken what you're saying...
    It was the most diplomatic way I could say it really.

    Boy, aren't I a downer?


    "Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

    Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

  23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    It was the most diplomatic way I could say it really.

    Boy, aren't I a downer?
    Not a downer. Different strokes for different folks is all. Honestly, you can choose to swim or not swim as you like, or care or not care about my swimming history as you see fit. I'd say the people who are downers are the people who tell everyone not to swim because there are sharks in the water, or looking out in the ocean and seeing other people having trouble swimming.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    ION:
    We're heading up to our ancestral farm this evening to stay over the weekend. Truth to be told, I'm conflicted about this. I feel I haven't had proper time to settle down and root myself since the exam period, and thus the notion of living in another house, however familiar to me it is, than my home just doesn't tempt me the slightest. On the other hand, I probably won't get the peace i desire if I stay at home either...

    Sigh, I just want to curl up in a ball and feel insignificant for a few days while someone else cares for me and tells me I'm not without trying to put any responsibilites on me...
    Aww why would you want to feel insignificant though dear Teddy? You are quite very much the opposite. But the rest I can get behind. It might feel strange but if being elsewhere allows you to rest than that is good right? Try to have some piece. And I hope things work out for you however things go.

    I also wish to say more congratulations to Wombat! It will likely keep being this way for at least a few more weeks.

    And also Crunk I've been gone so I don't know many other details of what has been happening, but I have returned and apparently Fey has too. So there is that.


    And now serious talk. I'mma spoiler this so anyone can ignore if they wish to.

    Spoiler: Hal Serious Talk Time Box
    Show
    Well this morning has gotten off to a beautiful start. Wake up because I hear noise from my grandma's room, which I know can't be my grandma since she is with a friend right now. I check because I think it could be a thief or something and it turns out to be our housemate. Said he heard one of the dogs whining, I certainly didn't. And I already haven't trusted him, so now I am just more wary. Then I discover that one of the dogs was left out all night, and very unhappy about this. So I want to go back to sleep, but now my stomach keeps me up, after the whole night of sleeping crappy anyway because of my own pushy dog.

    And all that bad morning horribleness pales next to my troubles with my girlfriend. Long story short, we have had very little time for talking or texting at all for the last 2 weeks for various reasons. Last night she calls but I was taking care of the dogs so I couldn't answer. After that nothing. No more calls, texts, anything at all. Which is highly unusual. So I get to spend most of last night disappointed by this, and all the morning so far worried. She finally sent me a message with barely any explanation, after I worried about any number of bad things happening to her. So I am barely assuaged and tired and ill...I anticipate that today will suck.

    And I could have posted this all in PW&A thread, but I know the people here somewhat better, or maybe I'm just not thinking things out all the way. It just feels better to put it here.


    So yeah, feel free to read that or not, whichever. I hope others here though have a good day, there is still soup available, but sorry if I am very low on the supply of smiles for today.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.


    Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

  25. - Top - End - #1315
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dimonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    With the Dragonpuppies
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I am worried that you write this like it is a good thing.
    It is, at least from my point of view. Freshmen are 18-19, sophomores 19-20, juniors 20-21, and seniors 21-22. Now, you can't legally drink until (for most birthday placements) the second half of your junior year, which means that about half of on-campus drinking will be illegal drinking. Likely more than half, actually, since the people who can legally drink are more likely to do it in bars, rather than behind closed doors.


    Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I forget that you guys have weird legal age laws sometimes. Is legal drinking age above the average age of a college student over there? Coz that would make sense. Otherwise... well. I spent five years on a campus that was certainly not dry, and it was hardly bedlam. No-one died, and there were places to go for peace and quiet and study if you wanted. And we're hardly the most ruly tribe over here in Africa-land.
    Yes, it is (see above).

    Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Ugh... Too many pages of stuff to get through. Can someone just give me the highlights?
    Well, I posted this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    ION:Hey Crunk, if you're around I thought you might like to know that PTX volume 2 is up on soundcloud and available through Billboard here. Best part is, it's totally legal - or I assume it is, since Pentatonix shared the link via their Facebook page.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-10-31 at 10:15 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy by Cuthalion

  26. - Top - End - #1316
    Banned
     
    Skeppio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    And now serious talk. I'mma spoiler this so anyone can ignore if they wish to.

    Spoiler: Hal Serious Talk Time Box
    Show
    Well this morning has gotten off to a beautiful start. Wake up because I hear noise from my grandma's room, which I know can't be my grandma since she is with a friend right now. I check because I think it could be a thief or something and it turns out to be our housemate. Said he heard one of the dogs whining, I certainly didn't. And I already haven't trusted him, so now I am just more wary. Then I discover that one of the dogs was left out all night, and very unhappy about this. So I want to go back to sleep, but now my stomach keeps me up, after the whole night of sleeping crappy anyway because of my own pushy dog.

    And all that bad morning horribleness pales next to my troubles with my girlfriend. Long story short, we have had very little time for talking or texting at all for the last 2 weeks for various reasons. Last night she calls but I was taking care of the dogs so I couldn't answer. After that nothing. No more calls, texts, anything at all. Which is highly unusual. So I get to spend most of last night disappointed by this, and all the morning so far worried. She finally sent me a message with barely any explanation, after I worried about any number of bad things happening to her. So I am barely assuaged and tired and ill...I anticipate that today will suck.

    And I could have posted this all in PW&A thread, but I know the people here somewhat better, or maybe I'm just not thinking things out all the way. It just feels better to put it here.


    So yeah, feel free to read that or not, whichever. I hope others here though have a good day, there is still soup available, but sorry if I am very low on the supply of smiles for today.
    *offers hugs*

  27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Not a downer. Different strokes for different folks is all. Honestly, you can choose to swim or not swim as you like, or care or not care about my swimming history as you see fit. I'd say the people who are downers are the people who tell everyone not to swim because there are sharks in the water, or looking out in the ocean and seeing other people having trouble swimming.
    I hate swimming. Romance on the other hand ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

  28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kneenibble's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I hate swimming. Romance on the other hand ...
    WHAT IS DIFFERENCE, BOTH YOU GET CRAMPS AND HAVE TO HOLD YOUR BREATH LOLZOOLYBADUMCH

    WELL HOW DO YOU ROMANCE




    My Hallowe'en plans involve turning the lights off to discourage grubby children, and watching Day[9] play Amnesia: Machine for Pigs (with which I recently imperiled myself).

    Tomorrow, however, I am going to a masquerade ball, and my gentleman friend is going to meet one of my friends for the first time. I mean like any of my friends. I'm kind of nervous. What if it kills Independent George Nibbles?

  29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    *offers hugs*
    Thank you very much. :slightsmile: *hugses* Things are somewhat better on that front. Still tired as heck and not all that healthy, but the worry is somewhat less. So that is good.

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I hate swimming. Romance on the other hand ...
    Hate swimming? Why would this be so? You sadden me greatly!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    WHAT IS DIFFERENCE, BOTH YOU GET CRAMPS AND HAVE TO HOLD YOUR BREATH LOLZOOLYBADUMCH

    WELL HOW DO YOU ROMANCE




    My Hallowe'en plans involve turning the lights off to discourage grubby children, and watching Day[9] play Amnesia: Machine for Pigs (with which I recently imperiled myself).

    Tomorrow, however, I am going to a masquerade ball, and my gentleman friend is going to meet one of my friends for the first time. I mean like any of my friends. I'm kind of nervous. What if it kills Independent George Nibbles?
    Hehe Kneebeleez, you are a silly one. I will prefer to not ask how do you romance and not answer myself.

    So is that because you have no candy to give, or none to share? :mildsmirk: Also was the game good? Amnesia looked like a lot of fun. And do not fret! Just do as you normally do and all shall go well with much friendship and rejoicing!

    (Mostly) HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! OR RELATED HOLIDAY!
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.


    Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

  30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kneenibble's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Hehe Kneebeleez, you are a silly one. I will prefer to not ask how do you romance and not answer myself.

    So is that because you have no candy to give, or none to share? :mildsmirk: Also was the game good? Amnesia looked like a lot of fun. And do not fret! Just do as you normally do and all shall go well with much friendship and rejoicing!

    (Mostly) HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! OR RELATED HOLIDAY!
    Oh hello Halls-of-the-Sun. Yes, it is best that I spare you all the conceits that arise in my head as answer. Some of them are pretty good. Like the one about romancing like a male channeler channels saidin.

    NONE TO SHARE! I won't share with a bunch of grubby children.

    Amnesia: The Dark Descent was a pure work of art, in my opinion, and left my heart carved-up and covered in slime. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs was also a pure work of art, but more sad than horrifying, I found: I cried more than I screamed although there was still some of each.

    By the way I have read of your woes (but have not quite mustered all the banterish replies I owe yet). I cannot imagine any helpful words to give, except to remind you that everything is going to be fine very soon and to breathe.

    Here, also, is an overly friendly budgie to help comfort you and curl your eyelashes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •