New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire VI: Shepherds of the Night

The sage might, if he was willing to spend a double-scry. And in this case Nosferatu doesn't matter, as the only reason the ability would be important would be if you were a Vampire.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Alas! I am *drumroll please*

No one important. I'm not a vampire though. Which strikes me odd. It seems like Sabeki was able to follow me. If he couldn't, then he wouldn't have been able to see Yumori interact with me.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, I am officially chalking this up to poor understanding on all parties fronts. On the one hand, the PM says I back off when the shadows of vamps drew near, implying that the vamps had some sort of interaction with DS.
    However, since we were not told the specifics of what counts as blocking my Spy action with the NK, we must assume that one of two options happened:
    1) DS was a vamp, and cast a vote.
    2) A vamp casted a vote for DS
    Both could disrupt my Spy action, in theory. And neither account for my seeing Yumori interact with DS. Theoretically, we could say that since DS is a mortal, my Spy action succeeded, but would it have done the same with a vampire? Really, we need Helgraf to clear this up, because I am really confused here.
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

or 3) There shouldnt have been any mention of vampires at all.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

4: The wording is worse than any of us suspected and it's any vampire night action.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Too much to read for right now.
    HedgehogRanger because meh, Atreyu.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

((Sorry for being late, but it might not be worth it to check Atreyu. Not sure how likely it is to get multiple secondary roles but he was one of the two feuders with me being the second one, so it'd be better to use this chance to check somebody else. That said, Count Dingdong || Klanos))

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Too much to read for right now.
    This is effectively my thinking right now. I'm just really confused and don't really know who to vote for. I'm pretty in the dark.

9. - Top - End - #219

I cannot presume that players aren't, say, lying about how their role works to sway the lynches - a perfectly valid tactic in a WW game; or have simply misinterpreted the data given them - also something that happens in WW games; and it is not my role to influence how you vote.

Keeping that in mind, the rules for how the Spy works are clearly stated in his role, but since this appears to be confusing a lot of people, I will clarify how it works *after the lynch phase ends*.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2013-11-04 at 01:37 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

HedgehogRanger, because the other votes are overwhelmingly for Deathslayer, and I'd like to not blindly follow Sabeki, even if he's steered us right once before. Mostly for the purpose of a semi-plausible counterwagon.

Klanos, because I'm not too sure about this Atreyu bandwagon.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-11-04 at 12:05 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Klanos, because the other votes are overwhelmingly for Atreyu, and I'd like to not blindly follow Sabeki, even if he's steered us right once before.
    Sabeki's voting for Klanos...

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Maria enters the room with the Madame getting out of the cold night air, she pleasantly and politely accepts the tea when offered sipping on it. "I have been looking for the best Madame in the City, I heard she is fair and could get me work. You wouldn't know where I could find her would you?"

((Meh, I know my examination vote is wrong, I just don't care about it. The bandwagon is strong with Sabeki. If he is wrong about the claim for Vampire, he should be lynched tomorrow. Or ignored for future claims...not sure, either way he was right once and he came screaming 'vampire' down the street.

If he is right, then I'll keep voting with him, he gets something wrong, I'm going to at least vote for him once.))

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

The androgyne in the corner behind her fixes Maria with a cold, calculating, stare, hands on the hilts of the long knives that rest in her belt. "You've found her; the woman you just spoke to is the one you are seeking.

A warning - move wrong, and I will leave you in a dozen pieces on the floor before you can blink. My lady is all I care for, and I will not risk her. Is that understood?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tman2nd View Post
    Sabeki's voting for Klanos...
    ....my reasons are attached to the wrong votes. *facepalm*

I shouldn't post when I'm so tired...
    A few odds and ends.

15. - Top - End - #225

HedgehogRanger and Arteyu .

The Persian sits in his apartment, Darius preparing a luncheon.

"Still not enough information, Darius. The nights are less safe than they have been in years. Perhaps it is time that I check on some sources of information."

After eating his luncheon, the Persian heads out, seeking Heinrich, the drunk, for information.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Hikaru again faced down the unremarkable man, this time determined to elicit a reaction. But instead of his careful play from yesterday, the Frenchman played a hazardous gambit, preparing a formidable attack at the expense of his rook. As the duel progressed into the middle-game, a small crowd amassed, eager to see the result. Hikaru noted that they all seemed to favor the Frenchman's position, despite not appreciating its complexity.

All but one that is. A tall woman, whose attire would have been attractive if not for the rather distracting daggers hanging from her belt, raised an eyebrow in question. "Who would give up their best defense just to attempt a half-baked, primitive assault on a well-protected enemy?"

With a smirk the Frenchman replied, "Sometimes you just have to be aggressive. Take the bull by the horns, as they say..." He reached a slender arm across the table, capturing a pawn with his knight. "Besides, the Deathslayer Gambit is completely sound. Ask this guy, I'm sure he's heard of it," he asserted, accentuated by a gesture across the table.

It took Hikaru a moment to notice that the two were staring at him, waiting for a resolution to their dispute."It seems familiar, although I can't say I've heard the name before..." he replied slowly, still mired in thought. "What I can say," he continued, decamping his queen to the other side of the board to deliver checkmate, "is that it is certainly hazardous for both players."

"Well played, my friend." A handshake was exchanged and the Frenchman departed, the crowd hesitantly shadowing close behind, evidently favoring a dubious leader to no leader at all.

((Klanos. Might as well follow Sabeki today; he was right yesterday. Not completely sure about C'nor, certainly her post reads as frustrated but it is a rather far-fetched theory all the same. Count usually does that from what I've seen, summarizes info and asks the community opinion. Murska is acting pretty normal, but I don't know very much about his wolf behavior. Nobody else really stands out to me at the moment.))

17. - Top - End - #227

"Llamas, I tell you, it's llamas, they're loose in the town!" The man stops cold over the corpse of Atreyu, still slowly trickling gore.

"Great Scott! They're turning on each other! Perhaps there's hope for us all yet." He bends down to examine the corpse, doing his best to ensure that this llama will never rise again.

((Hedgehog Ranger and Atreyu))
    Thrawn avatar by Oregano, Isard avatar by Introbulus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noedig View Post
    Sounds good. And I wish you the best. Only heed this advice: No plan survives first contact with the enemy.
    Unless you're Thrawn, in which case no enemy survives first contact with the Plan.
    0eB+0eA+0eP+0eS+0eD+0eC+0eF Dice Roller

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Maria is a bit startled from the threat, and sips her drink to calm herself before speaking, "I didn't come here to hurt anyone, I'm here to find work. My father died when I was young, and my mother recently remarried. My new father is a stern lord who cast me out. So, I came here to make whatever money I can, with the few skills I possess. The Madame was the only person I knew to come to."

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sabeki is not trustable anymore.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Might we have some insight as to your reasoning, please? Don't disagree, but that would help...

21. - Top - End - #231

((Lynch Vote will end in approximately 2 & 1/2 hours - officially when I post it as such. Day will end with the posting of the end of day narration.))

22. - Top - End - #232
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Right, I haven't voted. So... HedgehogRanger and Atreyu.

23. - Top - End - #233

Voting for the Day 3 Lynch is now closed. Night will begin with posting of the end of day narration.

24. - Top - End - #234

Again, the crowd is swayed by the words of one who claims to be a Spy. And this spy claims that Deathslayer7 is a Vampire.

The crowd surges into action, their barely contained violence erupting against the target. He is strung up in short order, and hung by the neck until dead. In the ensuing violence, another is trampled to death by the mob.

oblivion6 was autolynched.

But when the sun briefly illuminates the gallows this evening during the brief interlude when it breaks the overcast sky and then slips below the horizon, the body simply lies there, broken.

Deathslayer7 was lynched. As per the rules for his role, it is revealed he was the Master Politician.

Dr. Renfield examines the remains and home of Atreyu the Masked LLama. After much introspection and consultation, he clears his throat to pronounce his analysis.

Atreyu the Masked LLama was one of the Mortal Feuders.

Later, when the crowd has dispersed, someone collects something from the body of Deathslayer7.

???

Night begins. If you have a night action, please submit it to Helgraf.
    The following players must lynch vote tomorrow or they will be autolynched:
    bladescape
    C'nor
    Imperial Psycho
    toasty

-------------------------------------------------------------
    And now the other issue:

Spoiler
    Show

This is the text for the Spy Role:

Spy
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are a very observant person, who takes especial effort to mind the comings and goings of people.
    Ability: Shadowing – Each night phase, choose one player or one area (You will be informed if and when areas become an option for observing). You will notice any players interacting with that player or leaving or entering that area except for the vampire kill – vampires are far too dangerous for even you to try and trail. You will not observe the specific actions performed, just notice there were interactions.
    Effect: Mr. Nobody – You scry as a Neutral despite your actual affiliation (Vampire or Mortal).
    Targeting: Scries as Neutral. Strong Scries as affiliation/Spy.

Since this appears to be unclear, and there is no longer a lynch vote for me to taint by making an early clarification when I cannot say whether the player claiming Spy was not attempting some cleverness or deceit, I will now make it clear how the Spy ability works.

The Spy sends me a PM each night with a target name.
    If that person is targetted by another action that is not the night kill, then the Spy learns whom it was who targetted the player, but not what action was performed.

If that person is not targetted by any action aside from the night kill, then the Spy learns that the target was not interacted with.

If the person chosen is the subject of the night kill *and* targetted by another action, the Spy will learn who submitted the other action, but will *not* learn about the night kill attempt on said player.

If the person chosen is the subject of the night kill and not targetted by another action, the Spy will learn that the target was not interacted with.

The Spy has no way of detecting vampire night kill activity - neither by action or inaction on the part of the vampires.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2013-11-06 at 01:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Based on the rules clarification, I think that the part where Sabeki's PM says, "backing off only when you spotted the shadowy figures of hunting vampires" is just flavor. We got lucky with that first kill.

26. - Top - End - #236

Well. So I guess that that part was flavor.
    Okay, you can all lynch me now.
    So Deathslayer had a neutral role like I did. If they were a vamp, they lost three votes in one direction, if they were mortal, we lost three votes.
    Craaaaaaaaaap.

27. - Top - End - #237

Night Action submission deadline is passed. Day will begin with the posting of the night narration.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2013-11-08 at 02:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238

The night is quiet; a deathly silence having fallen over the community. The monsters among them still prey, but this night no wolves' howls echo in the air. There is no scrabbling, no sudden running.

There is only the droning of the night rain on rooftops, the gush of water flowing, over-flowing, spilling from the gargoyles to splash against the cobbles below.

Just before dawn, Yumori crawls out of the town fountain, tossing aside the now useless device that kept him alive through the drowning attempt.

And indeed, as the new day begins, it seems as though the vampires have been foiled. It is not until almost noon that the exsanguinated body of Penguinator is found, sitting in his favorite chair.

Yumori was the target of a kill effect, but was saved by an expendable item.
    Penguinator was killed in the night

Day 4 begins. Doctor Renfield continues to offer his services - once again vote for one of the dead in green along with your lynch vote in red. Day 4 should end on Monday/Tuesday

29. - Top - End - #239

Cnor did something with szilard. Or vice versa. They're Presumably not a vamp.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

If one were to look carefully at the parchment in the expired mystic's hand, they would note a most peculiar letter from one Count Dracula, detailing a threat which had been most brutally carried out.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.