Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Welcome to the world of Pokemon! Specifically, Johto, in Olivine City, the Port of Steel! Known for being both surprisingly nice if as hard as their leader's steelix, Crusher, and for a surprising beauty to the area. Also, for being one of the biggest Competition areas in Johto.
    This is where each of you has been drawn, for one reason or another. One to spread the word of an aspiring god, entering through the gates near another seeking to promote a cause of peaceful contest. A third seeking to learn more about this world, isolated by a mother now gone, curious and trying to find a place in a world that has so far left her behind...
    Another pair arrive by boat, separate but still closer than they think. One an entity of psychic power planning to rise to Gym Leader status, another trying to see if he has what it takes to be more than an engineer, to rise to the fame only the champion has.
    Two are already here, one rising up from the shoreline after a hearty swim, unaware of how the world will change for him in the near future. Last but not least, a girl leaving her house, perhaps one of the most willing to seek new friends and to change her life for the better...

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Paul walks through the gates, Daisy walking behind him. The bags under his eyes show another night of little sleep; the dreams were continuing, and getting more intense every day.

    He pats his backpack, trying to make sure everything is still there. The pack is too light, too small. He could feel the heavy tome, but something was missing...

    In a panic he flips it around to in front, opening it wide. The Egg was gone! In a frantic panic he begins to turn, searching for who stole. While he didn't quite know the significance, he knew the Egg was crucial to understanding the damn dreams.

    Moooooooooooooo....... Paul hears behind, turning to see Daisy holding the Egg, a strange look on the dull Wooper's face. He could've sworn that the Egg was in his pack just a few minutes ago...

    With a sigh, he takes the Egg from the Wooper.

    Don't do that again, he mutters, establishing a quick Channel link with the Wooper, trying to understand just what was so damn important about the Egg.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2013-10-16 at 02:45 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hot Soup Air Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Cain stretches as he steps off of the boat. A pleasant trip, but the queasy Ralts hanging on to his shoulder suggests that only half the party had fun. Never put me on a boat again...

    "Sorry, Sarin. It's the fastest way over. Magnet Train only runs to Goldenrod. And how was I supposed to know you got seasick?" A dry heave from the Ralts elicits a gentle pat from the Kinetic. "Now, where to... We have a gym, though given its type specialty and your condition... We could-"

    Nap. Before his trainer can respond, Sarin grabs his Pokéball and falls forward into it, disappearing in a red flash.

    "-do that I suppose. Hm, I suppose we should consider where we wish to go." As Cain talks to himself, he wanders the town absentmindedly, unintentionally heading toward the beach.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Winter weaves through the busy streets, finishing his shopping. His Seel, Pinni, follows along behind him. She'd quickly become protective of Winter's new Egg, growling at anyone who got too close to jostling it.

    Ducking into an outdoor supply store, he selects a good, strong length of rope. Never know when it might come in handy. Purchase completed, he tucked it into his pack, he turned to Pinni,

    There we go. Got everything we need. Where should we go from here?

    He probably should have figured this out before.
    Broken arm (and related pain meds) are delaying posting somewhat. Thanks for the patience.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HotRoute's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    "Hi! I'm Dixie Amadon and if you're - no? Okay, have a good one. Hi! I'm Dixie and - oh sorry." An energetic young girl greets each person who walks by with a handshake and a well-rehearsed introduction. Few respond as eagerly as she had hoped. To the girl's side is a small table with a tray of cupcakes frosted half red and half white. Like a pokeball! Cute, right? Her mareep walks around in front of her lazily, basking in the warm sunlight, growing a bit bored of the day's recruitment campaign. Dixie has stationed herself outside the city's Pokemon Center for hours now, tirelessly trying to attract pokemon trainers. People like cupcakes, right? Gotta bait 'em in somehow, just like a wild pokemon! She clasps her hands together. A gap between passers-by breaks in the street. "Just a little bit longer, Poofy. I can feel it!"

    "Eeeep!" She yawns back.
    Last edited by HotRoute; 2013-10-16 at 06:44 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reality Glitch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    > Be Eli_

    You are now Eli. You stand in your room as you pack a couple things for the road. You've only been in Johto a year so its probably a good Idea to go out and see as much as you can before you have move again. On a brighter note, you have recently acquired an egg for your 20th birthday the other day, and can't wait for it to hatch. For now you'll use a friend ball on it, to keep it safe. It's really the only reason you use pokeballs for, to much like locking them in cages otherwise. They don't like being in cages.

    > ==>

    Oh. It seems Bobby the Charmander trying to get your attention.

    > ==>

    Bob: Hey! Hey! Are we going now!
    Eli: Yes Bobby, we can go now.
    Bob: YAAAAAAY!
    Mom: Will you two keep quiet, I can hear you from down stairs.
    Eli: Sorry.

    > Eli & Bobby: Go down stairs_

    You are now on the first floor. You hug your mother as she gives you lunch for the next couple of days and you head outside, ready for an adventure.

    > Go to port_

    At the docks you sit down and start looking around for anything that catches your eye. After a little bit you notice someone step off the ship as the Ralts on his shoulder returns itself to a pokeball. You don't know why, but he seems like he'll be important when you meet him. Bobby is getting a little impatient, but likes seeing all the different people as much as you do. Where do they all come from?

    > ==>

    After a little longer, Bobby starts getting too antsy an you decide to move to the tables a few feet from the docks and see a girl trying too hard to make friends. Bobby walks up to the mareep next o her against your better judgment, so you decide to follow suit.

    > ==>

    Eli : Keep that up and your going to scare everyone off. There is such a thing as being too nice.
    Bob : Helloooo!
    Eli : Now Bobby, no need to scare the poor thing.
    Last edited by Reality Glitch; 2013-10-16 at 08:05 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    wqsaey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Morgane closes her eyes and breathes in the salty sea air of the city. The taste is so... odd. It almost seems like the air itself is becoming dry, but staying wet at the same time. Does she know a word for this sensation? She's been learning new words constantly ever since she left the forest, grabbing random passerbys to help her identify things like a bicycle. How can she find out what she can't point at, though?

    Meanwhile, Melody patters around restlessly inside the sewn pouch Morgane hung from her neck. "What is it, Melody? You wanna get out to stretch?" Melody chirps happily. "Okay, well, let's go somewhere where you won't get squished by all these people."

    Hugging her mother's egg close, Morgane meanders in the direction the beach. Thoughts of the egg run through her mind on the way. It seems to be more active as of late, but she can't say for sure. Maybe she's just imagining it.

    When Morgane reaches her unintended destination, all she can do is gasp. Cascading foamy waves crash upon an expanse of glittering sand. The harmonious beauty entrances her. Melody takes this opportunity to jump out of the pouch, but gets embarrassingly lodged in the sand. Noticing the weight on her neck being lightened, Morgane bends down to help Melody out. "I guess this isn't really a good place, huh? This stuff looks like it'll just bury you." Melody appears not amused as Morgane plucks her out and dusts off the grains of sand to place her back in the pouch.
    Thank you to Kymme for my custom avatar, used for In the Shadows of Greatness: Persona M&M!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Spoiler
    Show
    Glitch, is that going to be a normal posting structure for you? If so, can you just tell me if it has relevance to Eli specifically? Also, after checking, apparently you don't quite have words yet.


    Paul links with the small, miltank brained wooper, and you feel dread. Fear. Understanding that this egg is more important to both of you than anything else. A...another presence?
    Paul clutches at his head as a giant, hexagonal eye blazes in his mind, and a mind so completely...alien, so very inhuman compared to human and his limited interactions with human minds, floods into his consciousness like a tidal wave.
    SOON. IT IS NOT TIME YET.
    You feel it recede after a minute, though the migraine is slower to leave. Daisy looks at you with the same tired fear. So this has been watching you this entire time?
    -------------------
    Meanwhile, Cain wanders towards the beach, where he spots a man walk up from the shore with a seel behind him, apparently not the friendliest of pokemon to others and buying some rope.
    Winter buys the rope (standard price if you're buying IG), and Pinni gives a considerate bark, tapping her chin with a flipper. There was always just swimming for it and seeing where you ended up, right?
    Both of you notice a strange looking girl attracting a lot of stares as she wanders towards the shore, dressed in strange clothing adorned in the symbol of a god and with a tiny budew in a tiny satchel around her neck.
    Morgane lifts Melody out of the sand, the tiny pokemon sputtering to spit the sands out. A tiny kid giggles. Strange people abound, and one strange device-a thing called a 'kar' as you learned after one nearly ran you over when you left the forest, goes by.
    There's also a strange, white pokemon that looks aquatic and potentially interesting following someone around.
    -------------------
    Dixie, many people give you odd stares, until one stranger with a charmander walks up to you (Eli). Poofy gives a happy bleat, as the cupcake method has worked!
    Eli has...well, he's gotten his covered, more or less.
    However, both of you get a surprise when a soft clank comes from the tray. You turn to look, and see a tiny yellow bug trying to lift one of the cupcakes up high enough to attach to it's back and carry off. It looks up at you as it realizes the jig's up, then back to the cupcake, and back at you two, towering above it, a look of fear in its eyes, pleading for clemency or safety.
    "Ti...ti joltik?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2013-10-17 at 08:21 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hot Soup Air Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Hm, what is that most interesting looking thing? It looks absolutely fascinating. The markings on the girl's clothes draw Cain's currently flighty attention. He slides himself over to the girl.
    "Hello, Miss. Might I say that that is an absolutely adorable Budew you have there. It even seems to match your outfit."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Further description of the outfit and symbol, SVP?
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Paul looks at the Egg in fear. More than a little worried (while he can somewhat read minds, voices in his head are not a good thing), he starts to head out to the route, entirely intent on getting rid of the thing. He could sleep, and rest easy without knowing something was watching him.

    Taking the Egg from Daisy, he goes to try to escape from The Voice, heading towards the ocean.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2013-10-17 at 09:17 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HotRoute's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    "Hey!" Dixie hurries to the tray and tries to brush the little bug off gently. "These are for people only! Speaking of which..." she goes to offer the cupcake to Eli, but having been touched by the pokemon, it's probably inedible now. Dixie breaks it apart and tosses it in crumbs to the ground for the joltik (and any other pokemon that might come by). "Well, help yourself to any of the other ones here. My name's Dixie Amadon. Are you a pokemon trainer?" She asks with a smile.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    wqsaey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Spoiler: Outfit and Symbol
    Show
    Basically like this with this symbol in green on a lighter green leaf on the front.

    Startled, Morgane spins around to face the new voice, her dress fluffing up as she turns. Even now, after travelling all this way on foot, she's still not completely used to other people, and he seemingly came out of nowhere. It takes all her effort just to muster up a short greeting. "H-hello. H-her name is M-melody." She tries to dodge his eyes by looking down at Melody, who just looks quizzically back up at her, and hugs the egg even closer.
    Thank you to Kymme for my custom avatar, used for In the Shadows of Greatness: Persona M&M!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    (One group is in conversation for now, continue as normal there)
    Paul hurries towards the shore line, ducking and weaving through minor crowds as Daisy gives a panicked yelp behind you. You arrive shortly, brushing past a girl with a strange symbol that...you feel you know.
    (Arc, anyone near W, give me a knowledge occult check. Morgane, of course, would already know.)

    Meanwhile, the joltik looks up at the strange lady who put the cupcake at easy to reach level, and gives her foot a hug before skittering over to said cupcake with a happy chirp, beginning to gather as much as it could to carry somewhere safer.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2013-10-18 at 12:00 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Paul quickly turns to make sure Daisy is alright, worried that the Pokemon is hurt, but just seeing that it was the damn Egg again it only hardens his conviction to get rid of the thing.

    The shirt draws more than a passing interest, and Paul looks hard, trying to recognize the design as he tries to decide if he should ditch the Egg or talk to her first...

    Education: Occult
    (2d6)[9]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hot Soup Air Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Cain ignores the girl's nervousness, looking down to the little Budew with a smile. "A pleasure to meet you, Melody. I'm Cain. And what might your trainer's name be?" He looks up from the Budew to the girl, his eyes following the pattern on her dress before moving to her face.
    Occult: (2d6+5)[10]
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reality Glitch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glitch, is that going to be a normal posting structure for you? If so, can you just tell me if it has relevance to Eli specifically? Also, after checking, apparently you don't quite have words yet.
    Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    Yes, this is how I'm going to post. Based on the writing style of this webcomic. I don't understand "not having words", would you care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Dixie, many people give you odd stares, until one stranger with a charmander walks up to you (Eli). Poofy gives a happy bleat, as the cupcake method has worked!
    Eli has...well, he's gotten his covered, more or less.
    However, both of you get a surprise when a soft clank comes from the tray. You turn to look, and see a tiny yellow bug trying to lift one of the cupcakes up high enough to attach to it's back and carry off. It looks up at you as it realizes the jig's up, then back to the cupcake, and back at you two, towering above it, a look of fear in its eyes, pleading for clemency or safety.
    "Ti...ti joltik?"
    > Eli: Trigger Time!_

    "SPIDER!" you scream as you trip trying to back-peddle and land on your back. Bobby on the other hand does not share your phobia and jumps onto the table to shoe away the critter, but Dixie gets to it frst.

    > Dixie: Get to it first_

    Quote Originally Posted by HotRoute View Post
    "Hey!" you hurry to the tray and try to brush the little bug off gently. "These are for people only! Speaking of which..." she goes to offer the cupcake to Eli, but having been touched by the pokemon, it's probably inedible now. you break it apart and toss it in crumbs to the ground for the joltik (and any other pokemon that might come by). "Well, help yourself to any of the other ones here. My name's Dixie Amadon. Are you a pokemon trainer?" She asks with a smile.
    > Eli: Try again_

    You pull yourself up and respond in kind to the girl telling thank you and how you're not too found of spider pokemon. At that time, Bobby comes up to you and tugs on your leg.

    > ==>

    Bob: Can I go play w/ the mareep. Please.
    Eli: Sure, just be careful.
    Bob: Yay!
    Eli: Anyway, where was I? Oh, thank you for the cupcake, and no, I'm not a trainer, battling's a bit too violent for my tastes. I have resently taken up contest participation though.
    Last edited by Reality Glitch; 2013-10-18 at 10:02 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
     
    wqsaey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Cain ignores the girl's nervousness, looking down to the little Budew with a smile. "A pleasure to meet you, Melody. I'm Cain. And what might your trainer's name be?" He looks up from the Budew to the girl, his eyes following the pattern on her dress before moving to her face.
    Morgane trembles in hesitation. She feels her violet eyes start wobbling involuntarily again and shuts them fearfully. Worrying for her, Melody angrily squeaks in protest at the boy.
    Thank you to Kymme for my custom avatar, used for In the Shadows of Greatness: Persona M&M!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hot Soup Air Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    At the squeaking noise, Cain notices something wrong. Trembling? What was her problem? He was being nice and trying to introduce himself, but somehow he scared her? "Um, Miss? Are you alright?"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    wqsaey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Morgane strains her voice to whisper "... Morgane." It's getting difficult for her to breathe. She needs to get out of there. Before the boy can do anything else, she dashes off through the crowd back towards the city gates, her bare feet pattering against the warmed concrete as she slips by people.
    Thank you to Kymme for my custom avatar, used for In the Shadows of Greatness: Persona M&M!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hot Soup Air Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    "Morgane, what a pleasant name. Well it's a pleasure to-" and then the girl scampers off. "-meet...you..." What an odd girl. Wait, that symbol... Was she... No, it couldn't be. Then again, this was Johto. A worshipper of Celebi would be here if anywhere.

    Cain replays the events in his head. Did he do something wrong? Saw a rather pretty girl, said hello, introduced self, behaved in a friendly if slightly forward manner, noticed nervousness, asked what's wrong, she flees. Strange. She was also barefoot, for some reason. Why was she barefoot? They were on a beach, but her attire suggested that she wasn't going in the water, so some type of footwear would make sense... Cain continues to think on the situation. He's more than a little curious, so he heads in the same direction the girl went, at a just above average pace.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Paul, who, having recognized the mark, had been considering talking to the girl instead continues on his way. He had his own issues to deal with at them moment.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Winter watches the scene further down the beach, seeing the girl run off. Concerned, and slightly excited to find something going on, he dashes over, trying to catch up to Morgane.


    Who was that? What did you say to scare her off like that?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rope was part of my initial starting gear, just made it IC to give me something to do.
    Broken arm (and related pain meds) are delaying posting somewhat. Thanks for the patience.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hot Soup Air Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    "Maybe you could tell me, because I don't have a clue. I said hi to her and asked her name. She got really nervous and fled." Cain's face looks very clearly confused by the whole interaction.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Soon enough, Paul stands before the ocean, waves crashing against the beach in a rhythmic fashion. Daisy, being so much smaller than you, is still a ways away, shaking her head. More panic fills her as you get a momentary flash of deep caverns and miles of sinewy, strange body...
    Those of you that rolled recognized the symbol as a spinoff of celebi's holy symbol, possibly denoting denomination or the like.

    Morgane pulls a runner, passing a wooper running for the ocean. She tucks and weaves through people, however, is she lucky?
    (Give me a d100 to see what kind of luck you have.)

    The joltik scampers off with the food while Eli and Dixie start to talk.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Paul looks back at Daisy. Pokemon were fairly knowledgeable, right? Not in the same way as a human, but they seemed to know when storms and such were approaching. Maybe he shouldn't drop the Egg into the sea...

    A look at the object reaffirms his convictions though. Perhaps the fear was directed towards the Egg, not the act of destroying it?

    A feeling of dread about him, Paul hols the Egg high and drops it towards the sea.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    "Do you think she needs help? It doesn't look like she's from Olivine." The girl was a little strange, but perhaps she was just nervous about being in a new city.


    "I'm Winter, by the way, and this is Pinni," pointing to the Seel, who barks in acknowledgement. Looking at Cain more closely, he continues. I don't think I've seen you around here either. Where are you from?
    Broken arm (and related pain meds) are delaying posting somewhat. Thanks for the patience.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    You watch the egg tumble down, just as Daisy runs into your leg. Satisfied it's over, you turn to check on her-
    *TWOING*
    Only to feel the odd, almost goo-like feeling of the egg you were carrying hit you in the back of the head softly and stay there.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Paul starts, almost falling over as his hands flail wildly at the back of his head, trying to pry off the Egg. What the hell? What the goddamn hell? He can't even get rid of the damn thing? Seriously?

    Assuming he manages to pry it off, he goes back towards the ocean and hurls it down towards the sea as hard as he can, watching closely to see what the hell happens. If he can't even get rid of the damn thing...
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    You barely manage to tear the egg off, and toss it at the ocean. The water seems to...rise, as if to gently cradle the egg, and you swear to gods above and below for one moment, one strange, odd moment, that you can see a gigantic outline in the sea, one of a beast looking back at you with the calmest, kindest eyes you've ever seen, but with eyes the size of a swimming pool at least...
    And then the egg bounces off the waters, unceremoniously landing on top of your head in the same gentle manner, but still stuck all the same.
    (Es, Monivey, perception to notice. Arcran, knowledge occult)

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HotRoute's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NH
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTU: Of Ambitions and Glory

    Dixie smiles, content with the pokemon finding a meal without ruining her platter.

    Contests? Not who I'm looking for. Dixie smiles politely, but looks a bit disappointed. It's been a long day. "Oh that's nice. I bet that's fun." Just not for me. Or anyone I know. At that moment, Dixie hears a second splash in a row, and her attention is drawn to the nearby beach, where a man is throwing what appears to be a pokemon egg into the water. "What the... what is he doing!?" Dixie recalls her mareep, slings a bag with an egg of her own over her shoulder, and sprints towards the water, only turning around briefly to call out to the boy she just met. "Watch those for me! Or take them, whatever!"

    She makes it to the coast about a half-minute later [[after rolls for perception have been made]]. "Hey! Hey stop it!" She splashes through the water up to the boy. "Why are you trying to smash that egg!?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if I accidentally made the PokeCenter and the beach too close, but I was tired of being isolated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •