New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spherus Magna: Chapter 1 The World Reforged

Tallian is infuriated when she sees Galtia collapse. Her axe glows red-hot. She growls. "What is going on here and what did you do to Galtia?
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Strantos spins, surprised to see another person so deep beneath the Coliseum.
    "Ah. Hello friend Toa. I can explain. I stopped her from heedlessly attacking me. I got down here to see this Matoran lurking around the pedestal, and so asked him a question or two. Then the water Toa, Galtia? rushed in and started attacking me"
    The Matoran jumps up and darts past Strantos who garbs for him "Its a lie Toa! He kidnapped me and forced me to show him how to find the Vahi! Then, when he found it his Rahkshi disappeared with it, but he stayed behind to make me show him the other secrets of the Coliseum. Please save me!"
    "Do not listen to the Matoran Toa of Fire. He will lead you astray with his words" Strantos cuts in, grabbing the Matoran by the neck and lifting him into the air.
    Cool avatar by Gurgleflep

Posting Severely Limited. PM me in case of prolonged absence

my page

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallian raises her axe "I know Galtia and she wouldn't attack without asking questions. Besides, who am I going to believe, you, a Skrall, or a Matoran?"
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2013-10-31 at 08:36 PM.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Voltari was stunned for a moment, seeing the downed, wounded, and dying Toa. She let out a small sigh and shook her head. There was little she could do for them and less and less time to make her way to the Vahi.

"I'm sorry..."
    Was all the black Toa said before her mask glowed and she sped off in the direction Tallian came from, weapons drawn.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

One moment, Galagrash rushes through the Coliseum, Spined Shield and Lightning Saber at the ready. The next, an explosion blossoms from nowhere, blasting shield and sword from her grip and hurling her through the air. The Skakdi bounces once, twice, and grinds to a halt next to two Toa, battered and bruised.

As her vision sinks into murky darkness, Galagrash sees the Ice Toa land heavily in the stands nearby with a few audible cracks. A Matoran screams, and a small crowd begins to gather. The Toa's heartlight ebbs and fades. Galagrash tries to raise an arm and fails; then the night of unconsciousness consumes her world.
    Last edited by Angel Bob; 2013-11-01 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    Related thought: 5e D&D PC with Hermit background. Discovery is that the universe is just a 5e D&D campaign. Trade in herbal kit proficiency for a gaming set proficiency: 5e D&D. Your "scroll case stuffed full of notes of you studies"? The PHB, DMG, and MM.
    "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." -- Harlan Ellison

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Tybalt, not noticing any more Matoran on the ground, looks back up at the remaining Rahkshi and fires once more.

Just as he does so, another explosion rocks the ground beneath his feet, and his eyes swivel to the remaining exit. "No," He breathes, closing his eyes for a brief moment.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attack (1d20+10)[12]
    Rank 10 blast

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

The last Rahkshi hisses back from the explosion and surveys the area. Seeing all its allies dead it turns and flies off.

Galagrash opens her eyes to see a Toa of Water leaning over her.
    "Shh my friend. I have removed some of your wounds, but not all. Mostly I just cleansed the wounds and woke you up. Be careful"

Voltari runs through the tunnels and turns the last corner as the sounds of fighting die down. Ahead of her she could see Tallian glaring at Stratons who had a Le-Matoran by the neck.

Strantos looked at the two Toa before him.
    "I suppose you will require me to surrender now? For judgement and punishments for stealing the Vahi and assaulting a Matoran? I do not even know why I tried to work with you, to be 'better' than a Skrall. You do not accept my words and cast fear and suspicion upon me. If you will interrogate the Matoran then I will come with you without a fight"
    The Matoran's eyes widen and he tries to speak "Please Toa, don't listen to him! Don't interrogate me! Save me-" his voice cuts off as Strantos tightens his fist on the Matoran's neck.
    "Another word thief, and I will break something. Do I have your word Toa? Only if you give me your word will I surrender" he hefts his sword as he speaks, and settles into a fighting crouch.

my page

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"STOP THAT! Currently I believe the matoran, but lets play it safe. We are going to detain both of you until we figure out what happened here."
    Deviant Art account

9. - Top - End - #39

DrowGirl

"Appearances can be very deceiving, Toa of Fire. interrogating both of them would be a wise option." The black Toa said as she looked upon the scene curiously "I believe the Skrall, he seems more reasonable, while the Matoran wants us to fight him... then again Matoran are very panicky."

Voltari sheaths her weapon, but keeps her shield out.

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGirl

Groaning, Galagrash slowly picks herself up, coming to rest on one knee. She grabs her Lightning Saber and gestures for her Spined Shield lying a few metres away, then surveys the scene.

"Uggggh. I feel like someone dropped the Coliseum on me," she grunts.

Then her eyes widen as she sees the Ice Toa's limp body being born away. There are no words as Galagrash watches the procession move further and further from the scene. I lived... and a Toa didn't?

The Skakdi's eyes narrow, and she rises to her feet. "Who did that?" she demands. "Who killed her, and where are they? I need answers now!"
    Related thought: 5e D&D PC with Hermit background. Discovery is that the universe is just a 5e D&D campaign. Trade in herbal kit proficiency for a gaming set proficiency: 5e D&D. Your "scroll case stuffed full of notes of you studies"? The PHB, DMG, and MM.
    "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." -- Harlan Ellison

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Tybalt leaps into the air towards the retreating Rahkshi, leaping upwards to get in range for one final shot. The projectile lances forward, activating its homing properties.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Tybalt's gonna jump after it, trying to shoot it down before it can get away.

Attack: (1d20+10)[13] Blast Rank 10

If miss, then homing activates the next round: (1d20+10)[14]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

The projectile lances through the air and catches the Rahkshi. Although it tries to dodge the bolt swerves at the last moment to impact.
    It bursts in an explosion of flame, and through the debris Tybalt can see the Rahkshi fall to impact far below on the streets.

The Toa backs up from Galagrash "We do not know. There was an explosion in the stands, the same one that threw you. When someone got up there they didn't see anybody who could have fired the shot so we began an exodus of the Coliseum. Some have suggested that it may have been more Rahkshi like the ones atop the Coliseum"

Strantos looks at the two Toa before him, and drops his sword. then pulls the Rhotuku launcher off of his shoulder.
    "I see that you do not believe me, Toa of Fire. The Grey one is more reasonable. I will surrender to your justice since you have agreed to take the Matoran into custody" he walks forwards and deposits the Matoran in front of you and then extends his hands for you to bind.

my page

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallian looks at the other Toa "You take care of them, I need to see if my friend is alright." she says. Tallian walks to Galtia to check to see if she was alive.
    Deviant Art account

14. - Top - End - #44

DrowGirl

Voltari nods to Tallian before looking at the Skadi and the Matoran, kneeling down and taking care of him first. The black toa, looking more like a Toa of Earth than anything, seemed to be harnessing the power of lightning to form energy bonds around his wrists, the standing up straight to do the same to Strantos.

"We should make our way back outside and figure out where those Rahkshi went."
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2013-11-08 at 09:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Strantos and the Matoran hold out their arms and comply without a struggle. Galtia is alive, but unconscious. Her heartlight blinks smoothly.

The hallways are deserted and eerily quiet as you leave to head back to the surface. As you round a bend you have to duck back as energy blasts fly at you. The three Rahkshi are hunkered down behind crates, maintaining a withering fire down the hallway.

my page

16. - Top - End - #46

NecromancerGirl

Galagrash glances round to see several Toa and Matoran watching a small tunnel near the bottom of the Coliseum. Spined Shield in hand, she lurches forwards, ignoring her healer's protestations. "Thanks for the fixer-upper," she growls. "It's time I put it to good use."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

As Galagrash walks through the tunnels she hears the sounds of combat from ahead. It sounds like energy launchers.
    She rounds one last corner and can see flashes of light from the cross tunnel ahead. As she looks around the corner she can see three Rahkshi firing their launchers at the next corner, pinning down two Toa, a Matoran, and a Skrall

my page

18. - Top - End - #48

DrowGirl

Voltari sighs as she's stuck behind the corner to avoid the Rahksi firing at them. "Just great... should have known it wouldn't be this easy."

The black Toa drew her weapon, charging it with the elemental power of Lightning. She leaned out to fire a ball of lightning at the 3 Rahkshi that were grouped together in the hallway.
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2013-11-19 at 05:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, looks like it's time for some more fun." Tallian rushes forward with her axe in hard to strike at the closest Rahkshi.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[13] attack DC 25
    Deviant Art account

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Eyes narrowed, Tybalt fires his Hair-trigger Boots once more and goes soaring over the edge of the Coliseum. He streaks through the air as a green blur, eyes scanning the streets for any sign of the Rahkshi.

Before he can spot it, however, the Toa catches sight of the rubble at the entrance. Banking and twisting to the side, Tybalt lands amid the Matoran. The fins of his boots fold into his ankles and he addresses the crowd.

"What has happened here? Are any of you injured?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Voltari's strike detonates with a flash in the center of the Rahkshi sending them stumbling. They quickly recover in time to block Tallian's cut.

They retaliate with swift strikes from two of them while another aims its weapon at the corner.

Stratos turns to Voltari "Release me from these bonds. Currently they are a hindrance. If you remove them I shall battle the Rahkshi and then you may shackle me again. I promise you that I shall remand myself to your custody once this war is done"

The Matoran look up at Tybalt.
    "None of us are hurt" one says stepping forwards "Toa Tinawa saw to that" A Toa of water steps up from the side and nods to Tybalt.
    "The gate was collapsed by the Rahkshi. We are trying to clear it of rubble but it is slow going"
    Last edited by kreenlover; 2013-11-19 at 08:27 PM.

my page

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallian moves her axe to block the first strike. It lands on the shaft. The second strike was close, but Tallian managed to shift her axe's blade in position. She then follows up with a second strike

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[13] attack
    Deviant Art account