Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Let's Play "OotS Board Game"

"We have made it! Dorukan's Dungeon!"

"Aye, we'll 'nuff the light of this buggah lich Xykon soon enuff."

"Mystery! Enchantment! Fantastic Engagement!"

Who cares about all that stuff? I just wanna hear some screams...!

"... get some treasure! A place this big should be LOADED" she completed.

"At last we're well prepared. This worrisome sense of deja vu of a gang of bumbling idiotic rag-tag heroes has ebbed!"

*Leans over and whispers* "Great job shilling to our readers about our previous adventures."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Can the chatter! We'll be entering shortly! I'll lead the way!"

GAME START!

Turn 1: *Roy*

Please choose among these actions.

> Equip Loot (This does not end your turn)
    > Trade in Loot you Drool Over for a new shtick. (This does not end your turn.)
    > Move down to the first room of the dungeon. (Further details once you take this action.)

Feel free to include the details for any combinations of these actions in the same post, but the movement must be the last one.

EDIT: I'll mostly refrain from roleplaying your own characters except to possibly set the scene for any sudden turn of events and I'll keep such responses generic.

Turn Order being: Roy, Durkon, Elan, Belkar, Haley, Vaarsuvius. (Officially at least). Players may still post out of order just for roleplaying chat if you wish.
    Last edited by Menarker; 2013-10-23 at 06:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play "OotS Board Game"

"Right here's how it goes, I'll go in first so no-one gets to complain. Durkon, ready your Darkvision in case we'll need it and follow me. Haley and V, keep to the rear of the line for now. Elan... just, try not to stray. Same goes for you Belkar, and keep those daggers where i can see 'em."

> Move down to the first room of the dungeon.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

3. - Top - End - #3

GreenSorcererElf

smile Re: Let's Play "OotS Board Game"

Och, I hav'nae used me darkvision in so long, I dinnae even rememb'r how t' use tha damn thing...
    He wanders down after Roy, looking around warily, his hammer and shield tightly gripped in each hand.
    Last edited by Zolkabro; 2013-10-25 at 01:53 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

AssassinGuy

ROOM REVEALED!

Spoiler
    Show
    THE PASSAGEWAY OF HORRIBLE DEATH... for other people.
    Effect: But not for you. The Battle Size in this room is always 0, regardless of what level it is on.

Roy steps down into the first hall and sees a several skeletons and rotting bodies. He also discovered the indentations of moved furnitures. Clearly whatever several monster in succession lived in this area, only to quickly move out to better retail property that isn't the only unavoidable room in the whole damn dungeon. Stupid adventurers disrupting their daily livelihood!

Roy can relax a little... for now.

EXTRA: BACKSTORY TRIGGER!

Explores *1*
    Effect: Reveal and score points at the end of any turn in which you were the first player to move down a specific set of stairs and end their turn on the next lowest level of the dungeon.

Roy gains one Bragging Right Point!

Available Actions:
    > Play any appropriate Screw This card (Any battle hand card that isn't a monster).
    > Search for stairs. (Require rolling a 1, 2 or 3, barring an additional effects, to find any stairs)
    > End turn. (Passes turn to Durkon)
    Last edited by Menarker; 2013-10-24 at 01:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    "Same goes for you Belkar, and keep those daggers where i can see 'em."

> Move down to the first room of the dungeon.
    Bah, so long as this place doesn't get boring. I came here to stab stuff, not advance freakin' plot! Hey Ears, if there's nothing fun here, can you play 20 Really Pointy Things with me?"

He grins evilly at the squishiest member of the party.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Vesth View Post
    Bah, so long as this place doesn't get boring. I came here to stab stuff, not advance freakin' plot! Hey Ears, if there's nothing fun here, can you play 20 Really Pointy Things with me?"

He grins evilly at the squishiest member of the party.
    "Oh, Belkar's starting fights again. And Roy went and charged into the dungeon specifically so I have to play babysitter. Wait..." Haley peers a little down into the first room. "I know those clothes on that skeleton, Shadow Dancer. Whatever offed him must have been pretty tough, I think we're in for a long ride."
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2013-10-24 at 04:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"Roy is the bravest! Go, Roy!" Elan cheers. He unslings his lute. "If you don't mind, Roy, I'll leave you to handle the stairs yourself. You're really good at stairs. But I feel like the mood is a bit jovial considering we're stealthily entering a scary dungeon, so I'm going to try to heighten the sense of dramatic tension."

Elan strums on the lute, singing along to the music softly. You can't quite make out the words, as he's almost mumbling them, but it sounds quite serious and intense.

He peers down the stairs as the song comes to an end, looking sad at Haley's words. He eyes the corpse. "Is it human... or is it dancer? Poor guy. It's bad he died down here. What kind of monster would murder a dancer in cold blood?"

8. - Top - End - #8

"Well, my bet is on that big ugly monster at the entrance whom we tossed into that annoying narrating weirdo that was following us. Anyways, coast is clear... so far."

> Search for stairs. (1d12)[5]
    > End turn.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.

9. - Top - End - #9

AssassinGuy

- No stairs found.
    - Turn Ends

-----------------------------

Durkon's Turn Start!

Available Actions:

> Move down into the first floor of the dungeon. (Further details once you take this action.) You can stop at Roy's square (no real effect), or you can move in a room left or right from that square.

10. - Top - End - #10

GreenSorcererElf

eek Re: Let's Play "OotS Board Game"

"Ach, wait for me, laddie, wait for me!" Durkon cries, clanking and stumbling down after Roy. He hesitates when he sees the corpses. "Och, poor souls." he mumbles, and touches his holy symbol for comfort. But then he comes alight again, and runs off into an anjoining room.
    "Look in 'ere!" he calls back to everyone as he clankles away.

> Move down to Roy, then into the room to the right.
    Last edited by Zolkabro; 2013-10-25 at 01:53 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

AssassinGuy

OOC: *Rolls random number generator for room*

Oh, it has GOT to be be ****ting me.

Durkon runs in the room to find...

Spoiler
    Show
    A Mostly Empty Room.
    Effect: It's not completely empty, mind you. The Battle Size is always -1 here. If this room is on the first floor, no battles are triggered here at all.

Durkon's holy symbol gave a false alarm as a tumbleweed blows through the room as if mocking the poor cleric.
    Is the entire dungeon going to be abandoned? >_> (Seriously, it won't.)

AVAILABLE ACTIONS:
    > Play any appropriate Screw This card (Any battle hand card that isn't a monster) or flip any appropriate shticks.
    > Search for stairs. (Require rolling a 1, 2 or 3, barring an additional effects, to find any stairs)
    > End turn. (Passes turn to Elan)

----------------------------------
    OOC: Seriously, I'm as surprised as you guys are! The odds were so incredibly unlikely! However this does mean the later floors will have little to no safe rooms...
    Last edited by Menarker; 2013-10-25 at 02:55 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

GreenSorcererElf

confused Re: Let's Play "OotS Board Game"

"Hellooo? Anyboody home?" Durkon gingerely calls out.
    "Nottin' much to see 'ere!" he calls back to the others, before having a more detailed look around.

> Searching for stairs: (1d12)[4](4)
    > End turn

13. - Top - End - #13

AssassinGuy

- No stairs found.
    - Durkon's turn ends.

Elan's Turn start!

> Play appropriate Screw This Cards or 'flip' Shticks.
    > Move down to the first floor and enter any room you can in 3 spaces. (So you could go to Roy's room and turn left to empty room(2 spaces) or go to Roy's > Durkon > New room (3 spaces) (Further details once you take this action.)

WHAT WILL YOU DO? =3

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, for crying out loud...Roy, did you lead us to the wrong dungeon or what? No, wait...I smell something...
    Last edited by Vesth; 2013-10-25 at 08:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Question Re: Let's Play "OotS Board Game"

"Don't worry, everyone. Whenever a dungeon seems abandoned, it's because the villain knows you're coming, and has set up a deadly ambush!" Elan says, chirpily.

He advances down the stairs and heads right, past Durkon.

16. - Top - End - #16

AssassinGuy

OOC: Rolls dice for new room.

... =O The generator is a trolling jerk.

----------------------------------------------

Elan rushes past the other two guys and enters...

Spoiler
    Show
    Emergency Exit
    Effect: If you begin your turn in this room, and there are no Monsters here, you may immediately move to the Dungeon Entrance instead of normal movement. You may not use the Emergency Exit if you are fleeing the dungeon.

... Seriously? The emergency exit is literally 1 round away from the main entrance? Who the hell designed this senseless dungeon!?

However, there is an occupant in the room THIS time...

---------------------
    BATTLE BEGIN!

Battle Size 1: Leftmost (Turn-order)player to Elan is Belkar. So he chooses a monster to play for Elan to fight. Barring any relevant shticks or screw this cards being played.

------------------------
    OOC: Seriously, all the rooms that would be helpful late game are being summoned early on! That's going to make things harder later! >_>

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

As Elan rushes into the new room, a familiar enemy awakens from it's slumber.

Rising from the depths of its slumber to defend the exit is a villian they have all met before. A villian so terrible, so powerful, it does not even make an appearance in canon!

Behold, the mighty, the scaly...

Dragon...FROM THE FRONT OF THE BOX!

I knew that smelled familiar!

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragon from the Front of the Box *Dragon*
    ATK: 9 DEF: 7 Range: 3
    Exp: 1 Loot: 2
    Abilities:
    - Breath Weapon: No Armor Shticks may be used against this Monster.
    - Flying: No shticks with a Range of 0 may be used against this Monster.

EAT FLYING MONSTER, ELAN WITHOUT RANGE ATTACKS.

18. - Top - End - #18

AssassinGuy

Alright, "curb-stomp" commence!

A quick note that players unable to defend using the appropriate shticks can still fight without a shtick, but they get no modifier (straight dice roll plus any assistance bonus) and a victory will only end up in a draw. Still beats getting a Wound though.

How will you proceed Elan?

Options:

> Flip appropriate Shticks, or Screw This Card (Any player)
    > Trade loot to other players for assistance. (Currently only trading partners available are Roy and Durkon mainly due to them being the only players on the same floor)
    > Roll to see if your defense exceeds its attack.

There will be about a day's wait for Screw This card responses. This can be made faster by players PMing me and declining to use any Screw This cards until I'm certain that either no one wants to cast or that no one is able to cast.
    Last edited by Menarker; 2013-10-25 at 11:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, man! I knew my player should've taken X-treme Diplomacy! Elan says, cryptically. He rolls to the side in an attempt to avoid the fiery breath that roils towards him...

(1d12+2)[6] defense. Not searching for stairs, ending turn.

20. - Top - End - #20

AssassinGuy

Elan's wish for X-treme Diplomacy has not be realized as he is scorched, leaving him X-tra crispy. Even his "In the Nick of Time" shtick didn't push his Defense quite high enough (although it was close).

Lose 1 Wound.

----------------------------------

Belkar turn start!

> Your Movement rate of 4 makes things more interesting. Move down to the first floor and enter any room you can in up to 4 spaces. (So you could go to Roy's room and turn left to empty room(2 spaces) or go to Roy's > Durkon > Elan/Dragon > New Room (4 spaces) (Further details once you take this action.)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

As the dragon focuses on burning Elan to a crisp, Belkar leaps into the foray, sinking his daggers into it's hide!

It's stabbing time!

STAB STAB STAB STAB STA-

Spoiler
    Show
    I move into Durkon's room, then Leaping Attack my way onto Elan's dragon!

Attack: (1d12+4)[11] against Dragon's 7 DEF.

Pick up loot!

FOR ELAN (The rest can read too.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I use my KEEN NOSE ability on you. You have to show me one of the monster cards in your battle hand.
    Last edited by Vesth; 2013-10-26 at 11:27 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since my move was invalid, I end my turn in Durkon's room, roll for stairs, then use my Screw This card "The Comic is Late", to attack the dragon.

The Comic is Late
    When: At the end of your turn.
    Effect: Since there's no new comic yet, you might as well read the last one again. Take an immediate additional turn.

And I roll for stairs!

Roll: (1d12)[5]
    Last edited by Vesth; 2013-10-26 at 11:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

AssassinGuy

To sum up the turn more accurately:

> Use effect of "Keen Nose" Shtick, targetting Elan. Elan must reveal one monster card.
    > Move to Durkon's Room.
    > Search for Stairs. (Already revealed as a failure)
    > Screw This Card, "The comic is late". If this goes uncontested, you get a second turn.

Waiting for response from Elan and for possible Screw You cards in response to your Screw You card.

EDIT: Alright, enough time has passed I believe. "The Comic is Late Card" goes through.

> Keen Nose (Again, choose a target)
    > Leaping Attack Dragon.

Belkar: Do you wish to trade loot with anyone to boost your chances to slay the dragon? (I ran out of nubile maidens to offer as a reward, so you'll have to accept some loot if you win.)
    Others: Any "screw this" card that effects combat? (If you have any cards that activate during the actual die roll itself and want to keep it secret until it is actually rolled, you can PM me your wish to use it in advance. You can also set a condition for when it'll activate so it isn't wasted.)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Keen Nose Target: Durkon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d12+4)[8] against Dragon's 7 DEF

25. - Top - End - #25

AssassinGuy

Durkon (Zolkabro), please PM me a monster card that is currently in your hand. (Any one would do). I'll PM that monster card and its description to Belkar (Vesth).

Belkar is attacking the dragon and has rolled. Any actions for screw this? I'll check the results tomorrow morning. (I have the day off)

EDIT:

Our Haley player has sent me a PM saying she wanted to play this Screw This card.

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten Bonus
    When: Immediately after the dice are rolled in any battle.
    Effect: Choose one player or Monster that is battling. They retroactively gain +1 Attack or +1 Defense, as appropriate. This may reverse the result of the battle.

And she targetted the dragon, raising it's defense stat to +8, making the battle against Belkar a draw (no wounds dealt either way).

Any other screw this cards?
    Last edited by Menarker; 2013-10-27 at 11:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

The dragon seems to recall an obscure tactic against airborne short murderous halflings and defends just well enough to survive with no ill effects against either parties.

AVAILABLE ACTIONS:
    > Play any appropriate Screw This card (Any battle hand card that isn't a monster) or flip any appropriate shticks.
    > End turn. (Passes turn to Haley)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

I end my turn. You win this round, Haley...

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

Haley's Turn:

Available Actions:
    > Move down to the first floor and enter any room you can in 3 spaces. (So you could go to Roy's room and turn left to empty room(2 spaces) or go to Roy's > Durkon > Dragon Room (3 spaces)

29. - Top - End - #29

"Oh no, Elan! I'll save you!" Haley rushes down, following the trail Belkar left. She runs into the room with the dragon and belkar still staring each other down. "Oh, thank you mister dragon, holding Belkar off unti-"

The dragon roars in Haley's face, giving a menacing glare and causing her to stumble backwards.

"... Right. lets slay this dragon. Roy! I know you have some Clever tricks to fight dragons, help me out here!"

Offering Roy some loot for assistance for Defending against the Dragon with my Longbow schtick.
    Spoiler
    Show

Cleverness

Effect: Roy or Vaarsuvius get +2 Attack and +2 Defense vs. Dragons while equipped.

(I assume that I have to wait until he accepts or not before actually making the roll.)
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2013-10-28 at 08:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

"Good thing it showed up, i was starting to pay attention to Belkar... Get to the side and look for that spot where it forgot to glue treasure on*

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show