The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default strangest class you've ever played

Title is pretty much self explanitory. Mine would have to the the alienist PrC out of complete arcane. Needless to say, that character was short lived, and I went ahead and created a hobgoblin barbarian/frienzied berzerker a session or two later.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: strangest class you've ever played

If you count NPCs I've run as a GM, it gets very odd indeed. Probably the strangest was the Neutral Good Diaboli Spellsword/Alienist.
    Ever Vigilant
    Ever Prepared

I like REAL lawful good characters. , , and ESPECIALLY
    Not phony ones.

Fantastic avatar by Quincunx

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I once played a cleric who thought he was a wizard. Truly, the most bizarre character I've ever played, but a very believable madman.
    If you like what I have to say, please check out my GMing Blog where I discuss writing and roleplaying in greater depth.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I played a minotaur barbarian poet he wrote and recited very bad poetry during battle.
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for
    anything, but you still can't help but smile when
    you see one tumble down the stairs.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

A Soulknife/Druid.

I was aiming for the Soulbow PrC, so I had a boatload of WIS that would otherwise go to waste until then, and realized that a Soulbow really gets shockingly little benefit out of Soulknife levels beyond what's required to qualify. So, I took a couple levels of Druid until my skills got high enough to enter the PrC. Unfortunately (or probably "fortunately", knowing how bad I am at that sort of character-building), the campaign died after two or three sessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Gestalt Paladin/Spellthief, focused on archery and making cunning use of Greater Manyshot.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by valadil View Post
    I once played a cleric who thought he was a wizard. Truly, the most bizarre character I've ever played, but a very believable madman.
    I think the other way around would make more sense. A cleric's powers aren't innate but are drawn from some external force. If the cleric doesn't believe they're a cleric, then how can they be properly upholding their divine responsibilities? I would think that any god would get mighty annoyed very quickly at being totally ignored and used like that, and the powers would come to an end until they were back in favor. If I was your DM, your character would have a difficult time of it.

A wizard, on the other hand, could easily have delusions that they're the prophet of some non-existent god, and it could be a lot of fun for them to roleplay a lunatic trying to recruit people into a religion he makes up as he goes along, performing arcane "miracles". With silent/still spell you could invent your own rituals to associate with your spells.
    Last edited by Errata; 2007-01-04 at 01:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

...unless Fharlanghn/Boccob/[insert trickster/magic deity] thought it was entertaining at the time.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Errata View Post
    I think the other way around would make more sense. A cleric's powers aren't innate but are drawn from some external force. If the cleric doesn't believe they're a cleric, then how can they be properly upholding their divine responsibilities? I would think that any god would get mighty annoyed very quickly at being totally ignored and used like that, and the powers would come to an end until they were back in favor. If I was your DM, your character would have a difficult time of it.

A wizard, on the other hand, could easily have delusions that they're the prophet of some non-existent god, and it could be a lot of fun for them to roleplay a lunatic trying to recruit people into a religion he makes up as he goes along, performing arcane "miracles". With silent/still spell you could invent your own rituals to associate with your spells.
    Of course in some campaign settings a god would in fact appear if he managed to gain worshipers and then he really would be a cleric!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

...which would probably be best represented as an Archivist.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

I made a chair rogue. He was an animated object that had become intelligent. He didn't like his creator much because he refused to build him a wife he could rock with, so the next time his creator sat down he surprised him with a leg to the face.
    After that the chair took to the world and joined a group of adventurers so he could find himself a wife worthy of his greatness. Heset his heart on the Queen's Throne and adventured to claim her heart.
    Once he felt he had done that he found a wizard to bring his bride to life. Then she ran off with the wizard and he had to track them down and destroy them both.

He had an ecl of +3 and two racial hit dice. Somthing around that.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_of_Spades View Post
    I made a chair rogue. He was an animated object that had become intelligent. He didn't like his creator much because he refused to build him a wife he could rock with, so the next time his creator sat down he surprised him with a leg to the face.
    After that the chair took to the world and joined a group of adventurers so he could find himself a wife worthy of his greatness. Heset his heart on the Queen's Throne and adventured to claim her heart.
    Once he felt he had done that he found a wizard to bring his bride to life. Then she ran off with the wizard and he had to track them down and destroy them both.

"Excuse me bartender - I'll have some of what Jack has been drinking."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

13. - Top - End - #13

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_of_Spades View Post

I really like this. I have nothing interesting to add to the discussion. But this is the kind of idea I wish my PCs would come to me with. I'd okay this in a heartbeat.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Wizard expert in Evocation. Started lawful, was slowly driven insane by his companions, was his by Chaos Hammer, died, then become a Blood Magus. He all his 3rd level spells memorized as Fireballs, scrolls of Fireballs, a wand of Fireballs, those little stones that let's you store 2 3rd level spells (guess what he had there), plus a couple Fireball scrolls inscribled on his own skin (Blood Magus skill).
    A pretty interesting guy to play. To this day, his greatest feat was using a staff of teleport that everyone ignored, to teleport the group OUT of the dungeon, when all the traps and guards were about to get them.

Member of the Hinjo fan club. Go Hinjo!
    "In Soviet Russia, the Darkness attacks you."
    "Rogues not only have a lot more skill points, but sneak attack is so good it hurts..."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

I haven't played strange characters in that sense but after seeing OP's nick, I think I got a character concept...
    Maggots in the Meat: IC thread, OOC thread, dierolls

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Shield View Post
    "Excuse me bartender - I'll have some of what Jack has been drinking."
    A tall flagon of Whisky Trolls Farmed.

Another character that was a lot of fun was a multiclass Wizard/Wizard.
    His names were Algirth rull Irth and Taleyrion ilm Irth. They were conjoined twins joined along the leg. They had three legs and one torso with four arms; they each controlled one arm on each side. They shared hit points, had -2 to AC vs Melee attacks, and a reduced movement speed, but they got two sets of actions a round. The DM kept my level about three behind the party's, but it was fun having two sets of spells per day.
    Algirth was a Necromancer and Taleyrion was an Illusionist because I wasn't allowed to have an evoker; twice the average number fireballs per day = broken character.
    They're favorite tactic was to cast phantasmal killer(or anything that could kill the target) and then Major image so it appeared that the person hit by the spell was okay.

They drank Troll Farmed Whiskey. The introduction to the party went like this.
    "What are you drinking?"
    "Troll Farmed Whiskey." Then they'd reach to shake the paladin's hand.
    "What is that?"
    "Whiskey Trolls Farmed."
    Here the paladin sees that the hands are attached to the same body.
    "WTF?"
    "Yeah."
    Last edited by Jack_of_Spades; 2007-01-04 at 06:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

A horse.

Not a fancy shmancy warhorse like paladins get, I was just the fighter's horse. It was a one-shot adventure of 3rd level and I was hyper so I just decided to be a horse.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

18. - Top - End - #18

Cleric of a God of Fire. He yelled at the Wizard a lot once his friend picked up Cone of Cold...
    Member of a fanclub.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

An Alienist too. I was under the influence of Lovecraft.
    sign by egobuttz

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

as a PC? a Giant Owl, who was the sentient animal companion of my exalted druid.

as a DM? Kreacher, a Kobold Apostle of Peace

21. - Top - End - #21

I played a barbarian/paladin once. Reached lvl 8 before the campaign disintegrated. That guy was so much fun, he could take everything.
    "You would not want to be staring that way at me." -Al Swearengen

"Crush your enemy, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women." -Conan

Let's harvest some kidneys!!

I'm not a magic fan but...:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Banjo View Post
    I played a barbarian/paladin once. Reached lvl 8 before the campaign disintegrated. That guy was so much fun, he could take everything.
    I hear lots of Paladin/Barbarian ideas, but no one ever wants to play a Bard/Monk...

Wonder why

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

1st Ed Magic User in a 2nd Ed homebrew.

-It was... messy. We ended up creating a homebrew class based off it, "Magic Enthusiast".

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Orc Bard. I was going to be a Half-Orc Bard, but convinced the DM to let me play an Orc. I smashed people with my lute.

It was a one-shot adventure for April Fool's.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    Orc Bard. I was going to be a Half-Orc Bard, but convinced the DM to let me play an Orc. I smashed people with my lute.

It was a one-shot adventure for April Fool's.
    There's nothing strange at all about an Orc Bard with Perform[Hip-Hop]

Me name am Thog and me here to say
    That Thog love rapping in a major way!

26. - Top - End - #26

The one I'm presently playing. A chaotic good/neutral/evil rogue changeling, about to take the chameleon prestige class. See, every few hours I roll a d6. On 1-2, I'm the good "Ethan" variant. On 3-4, I'm the neutral "Hante" variant. On 5-6, I'm the evil "Thane" variant. As the story goes, my character performed one too many disguise self's and bluff checks, and can't remember who he is. So he just sort of picks one of these three major personalities at random. It's nearly impossible to tell which he is at any given time without magic or epic skill checks.

The DM's threatening to include a party NPC paladin to chain me up every time I set off his detect evil.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of adventurers, for you are expendable and full of EXP.

Overblown fantasy action/adventure/comedy/drama/spoof. Updates M/W/F

27. - Top - End - #27

An Ogre Barbarian with an INT of 3, a WIS of 4, and a CHA of 3. He was so stupid that he thought he was a wizard and kept a spellbook with very poorly drawn visual depictions of simple spells. All of his offensive and even most of his defensive "spells" had a verbal component of shouting his name ("Archibald!") and a somatic component of smashing the target with his Greataxe.

He also had a teleport spell with a casting time of "However long it takes to run screaming with your arms flailing wildly above your head to your destination."

The game didn't last long, but he managed to smash several chairs sized for Medium characters, misunderstand how his darkvision worked (he thought he was going blind), and nearly flew into a rage to try and smash his way out of basically a hall of mirrors deep underground. Thank god nobody got severely injured or his Cure Light Wounds might have finished them off.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Timespike View Post
    If you count NPCs I've run as a GM, it gets very odd indeed. Probably the strangest was the Neutral Good Diaboli Spellsword/Alienist.
    Diaboli? The Mystara race revisited in one of the Dragon 'Campaign Classics' issues? Oh you magnificent weirdo you!

Mine? Paladin of Leeroy Jenkins modelled on the old berserk kit from the 2nd Ed. "Vikings" historical sourcebook. So much fun! Wish I'd had the PHB2 with the Charging Smite variant when I was playing him.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Incredibly tortured but very polite and helpful halfling warlock. May ye rest in peace, Brodbing Nagon.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

30. - Top - End - #30

I've never tried it, but i'd love to see someone play an artificer with a vow of poverty.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.