New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Most Holy of ICs

"There!" The Oligarch called, pointing after the departing Rider. "It guides us to land; we must follow!" Accordingly, the Envoy's helmsman steered his charge through the waves, keeping up with the swift-moving bird as best he could.

Sekmell placed a claw on his Oligarch's shoulder. "Far be it from me to question you, my lord, but...are you sure about this? Perhaps this one is friendly, but what if there are others? What if this is a trap? What if we offend them somehow, or they - "

Vaklesh cut him off with a sharp gesture. "I shouldn't need to tell you to have faith, priest. Maybe they're hostile, but it seems to me that we have paid for one friend, at least. We will risk contact, and we will prosper. All of our kind will. Besides..." He paused, tapping the side of his head. "Should something go astray...as you said. Their will should be easily overthrown. Always remember to have another bargaining chip, Sekmell."

With that, he began to pace the deck, staring into the distance at the distant form of the great raven...

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Castle of Stars Unfallen

Liberator's words seem to strike a poor chord with the Goddess of Munnin. Her smile fades, and whilst her words are spoken, seemingly as calm and content as before, the god of humanity can feel the anger beneath them. She is not happy. "Liberator, the reason for the problem of the forests is your endless quest to take the wonders of other races to your own. Every life so lost is lost in consequence of your decision to purloin discoveries and ideas from the creations of other gods, rather than to help your people's own thoughts and abilities grow down a path unique to them. Should I then encourage that behaviour by giving you all the knowledge of my people, without price or consequence? When my domain is the protection of the mortal races?"

A deep breath helps calm the goddess somewhat. She continued, voice a touch colder. "Some would have given you anger and indignation for attempts to purloin the knowledge they had gifted to their mortals. Eldritch would have patronized you, and laughed at your failure to protect that which is yours. I have calmly given you a valuable tool in helping to protect your race, and am willing to give you more in future, should our paths continue to align. I feel I have been quite fair."

Sighing slightly, Peregrine begun scribbling on the piece of paper once again, what remained of her anger seemingly flowing away with the quill strokes. She smiled. "Besides, this quest does your people no favours in the long term regardless. They seem imitative because of how you have handed ideas to them; giving them the secrets and designs directly leaves them aping the other races. They learned this from the ways of the First, that from the ways of the Neogi. What have they created? What arts did they bring into the world?"

"If you want your humans to be a magnificent race, Liberator, one that the other gods look upon with fascination and intrigue, you must find them something that is truly theirs. Something unique to them amidst the mortal races, something for them to bring into this world, that the other races will look at with awe and wonder, and attempt to learn from them. And you will not find that in the lands of others."

She had handed the note back to Chemosh a little time before. Peregrine was not sure why the god communicated in this way, but doing so in response meant that she could conduct two meetings simultaneously, with no risk of one voice cutting into another. And like her father before her, the Guardian Light understood the importance of efficiency. "The forest is a difficult matter. Consider it akin to what your Beloved do with portal magic, only with more of a hostile intent. Whenever any of the mortals dies, or any Beloved for that matter, a tree is left behind. Those trees grow to forests, and those forests are doorways to a greater forest. One of hostile creatures who prey upon those who enter it.

There are two sorts of magic that've been granted to the mortals: divine and arcane. I codified Arcane magic further into two schools, one destructive, one protective, and in doing so heightened my Hallfolk's ability to draw upon said power. That is what Liberator and I are discussing.

And he is the god of greed. The god who shrugged away the flooding of half the earth, because his people were secure. This is my first time meeting him, but I am sure enough that the answer is yes. I expected him to fight for his right to have as much as possible, but that does not change how galling it can be to have him ask for such, given how he has acted.

As to choice, you can react however you please to the Seekers, and any who chose to join them. But there must be a choice. Even if you then acted against them on bounds of what they chose, the ability to decide on their own initiative is a key facet in the creation of mortals. I am less concerned by the lack of serious criminals amidst your Beloved however, and more so by the lack of ability to consider a second viewpoint, or degrees of existence. Either they followed you, your rules, and your king, or they rejected all three. There should be some possibility for individuality and personal thoughts beyond those two extremes."

Spoiler
    Show
    Doc, something up for you ASAP, I promise. This was easier as it's dialogue, but my next post for you should include a description of Noviri. That's going to take a little extra time.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The rider seemed to wheel a little as she went, ajusting her course first to curve one way and then another. It might have started to unnerve the Neogi, but soon enough, the mountains started to come into view. A series of solid shapes against the horizon, but unmistakably land none the less. As they drew closer, the Neogi could see green dotting the area: lighter and darker alike, some on the ground as well as the trees. This was a different land to the one from which they came.

The sharpest eyed could likely make out one or two shapes similar to that of their mounted guide, circling above the high mountains. She was not alone in her bond with the bird-creatures, it seemed.

The Rider had speed up now, leaving the ship behind her, but now the Neogi could see for themselves what she was leading them to. Around this area lay a bay, twin cliffs jutting outwards and providing some shelter to the beach below. Thanks to their guide, they were heading straight between the two: and dead ahead of them lay a settlement. Perhaps the largest the Neogi had yet to see. All around lay buildings: a few upon the cliffs, but more on the solid land, in the shadow of the distant forest. Numberless smaller buildings, with wood holding them up right. And above, the towers of light grey stone stood tall, looking out over the oceans, as though in waiting for their arrival.

As the Envoy approached, something strange seemed to erupt in the sky above the settlement. You might have missed it the first time, but not the second or third. A great shower of sparks rained down from above the city, each seemingly vanishing before drawing anywhere near the rooftops. Then it came again. Different clusters started appearing, golden, green, blue. It was hard to keep track, though the shadow of one of the mountains behind the city made it easier to see. There was no sign of battle within the city, at least as best as they could tell from so far away, though Vaklesh could make out more of the great birds flying a circuit of the city.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

With her newfound radiance, Rian quickly discovered her first true issue : going into any mortal plane like that would blind anyone, so she quickly ensured that she won't be able to, locking away the mortal as a banned place in her mind.

Now, with her might unbalanced again, she began working on the rest of her prophecy. Out of Moonlight and the stuff of the Dark Forest, she began sculpting new creatures. But their forms weren't what she was willing to give them, so, slightly annoyed, she went back to training the Sunfolk who were there. Out of that annoyance channeled in Anger, they created a whole new style, out of which a lot of those will later appear.

After that training was over, she returned to her half baked creation, to discover that it form had changed.

Of course, I forgot that they had to be shifting like the moon in order to use the moon.

She gave them life with a final spark of Moon, letting them walk freely, all except one that she took to her castle.

Here, she teached him a new way of life she had thought about, based on their ability to shift forms out of Moon power.

Spoiler
    Show
    8 AP from rollover : 5 basis (with third domain), 1 from unfolded divinity, 1 from pantheon head, +1 from leader

-3 AP: create folklore life : Moonfolk, kind of therianthropes, with their alternate forms being really different from one to another. They are cold and easygoing. They aren't generally looking for conflict, but their cold wrath is fearsome.

-2 AP (including 1 from leader) : create advanced concept (out of Sun power) : Claws of Slashed Emotions, first real martial art out of sun, using the full recklessness of anger and Sun alike.

-2 AP : create advanced concept (out of Moon power) : Evershifting Moon Mantra, martial art first used by Moonfolk, but anyone can learn it. Mastering it, if not Moonfolk, allow the partial shifting needed to use it in fight.

1 AP remaining.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

5. - Top - End - #155

At first, the rain of sparks caused the neogi to draw back, muttering uneasily. After all, it resembled nothing more than shooting stars, and with so many of them there must be a terrible slaughter in progress. But as the Envoy drew closer and no signs of battle could be seen, they began to relax. Several raced about the deck, pointing excitedly at each new cluster. With the Riders circling above...some strange Hallfolk tradition, perhaps?

Vaklesh, though impressed by the display, directed his attention elsewhere. The great towers like massive columns of rock, the city spread across the isle...this was not a traveling race. And why would they be? The island was lush, green, covered in vegetation. He wasn't sure how it got enough water to support so much life - would that not take near-constant storms? Maybe that was the purpose of the great towers, to act as shelter. He looked forward to learning for certain.

As soon as they had moved between the cliffs, Vaklesh turned to Sekmell. "I will not risk the Envoy running aground. We shall continue onward with a shore party. You have command until my return." His head snaked around. "Kessla! Dremnar! Vek!" As the Oligarch called, each neogi stepped forward - a dozen all told. "To the boat. We're going ashore."

Their number should prove a deterrent if the Hallfolk's mood soured, he told himself, without being large enough to seem a threat. If he had to, though, he would have risked a landing with half the number. The sight of the island had inflamed both curiosity and greed.

What had these strange creatures built, so far from his homeland?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Judging by the numbers as the Oligarch and his crew approached, the Hallfolk were more sceptical. Vaklesh counted nine little figures standing on the beach, ready to greet the Neogi. Four were dressed as the Rider was: in dyed leather and with that same handle at their back to hold a weapon. Behind them stood four older seeming figures, with faded hair and wrinkled faces. These bore no weapons that Vaklesh could see, but their faces were marked with the same seriousness of intent. These too were warriors of some sort.

In the midst of the group stood one that seemed oldest of them all, bearing a slim book. His white beard ran past his knees, he was clad in robes of green and upon his head, he wore a crown of wood set with a single green sapphire. The others looked towards him as the strangers approached, but the old one merely smiled and nodded in response, leading to the guards relaxing slightly. They were ready for trouble, but there was no reason to hope for it..

As the Neogi descended to the land, and approached the landing party, the old man bowed his head. Not too low, but enough to show his respect to the envoys from so far away. He paused for a second, looking towards his apparent counterpart, as though trying to make up his mind on some matter before speaking. His words were slow, intoned incorrectly, as though he knew only the meaning of phrases rather than words. The dialect was archaic, that spoken by the first members of their kind, long ago. But none the less, the words were in the tongue of the Neogi.

"I bid you welcome, travellers. I swear that this place will be safe for you and your tribe, for as long as you remain honest with us."

Spoiler
    Show
    Figure that could be a fairly known Neogi phrase, the sort of thing any tribe that had control over an oasis might use. If you'd rather not, I'm ahppy to edit it, the point is that the Elder has memorized at least one relevant Neogi phrase.

7. - Top - End - #157

Spoiler
    Show
    Works for me!

Vaklesh dipped his head in reply, pleased and slightly disconcerted at the archaic courtesy.

"May our dealings be fair and your people be prosperous." He replied, giving the traditional response. He looked back and forth, trying to decide how to proceed. In the Broken Lands, there would be further ritualized greetings later, and a ceremonial exchange of gifts. He could hardly expect the Hallfolk to know that, though...could he? They seemed to know a great deal already. He craned his neck, studying the group.

"Well...they seem friendly enough." Whispered Kessla, the small neogi. He was quick and clever, a favored servant with an able mind. "What do you suppose they think of us?"

"It's hard to tell." Vaklesh replied. "Right now, I'm more interested in learning exactly how much they know - and how they know it." He approached the elder slowly, legs moving surely across the sand. "I am Oligarch Vaklesh." he stated, making the same gesture he had used with the Rider. "You...hmm." The neogi stopped, unsure how to phrase the question. At last, he shrugged. Hopefully that gesture was universal, at least.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Injecting a little of a foreign language here, just for funsies. ;)

The old one nodded, perhaps not following the words but grasping the intent behind them. Echoing the Neogi sounds that Remi had heard earlier, he gestured to himself. "I am y Elder of the Valleys. Croeso, Oligarch Vaklesh."

He glanced between the quartet of visitors, smile starting to grow across his wrinkled face. "Rydych yn ddryslyd?" He asked Vaklesh rhetorically, gesturing to the traveller's group. He didn't seemingly expect an answer from the Oligarch, simply shaking his head, and opening the book at his side, holding it out towards the lord of the Neogi "Yma"

The first page he showed held a picture of a great mountain, a thunderbolt lancing into it. Around the struck mountain stood twenty figures, strange, insectile, long necks stretching outwards. They were not a close resemblance to Vaklesh 's people, but if one had only heard of the Neogi second hand, and attempted to draw a picture of them? This would have been a passable effort.

Once he had been sure Vaklesh had seen the first page, the old figure flipped through the book a second time, eventually finding the page he saught. This one showed two images: a great circle, with a raven above it, and four figures on the ground below. Neogi, Vaklesh recognized, and three others more akin to the Hallfolk, all apart around the circle, some inverted. Beneath this design lay a second. Beneath it lay a second picture; a campfire, around which sat many small figures. And alongside them sat the raven.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

I can see why that could be annoying for the folk that die so quickly.

In what way is arcane magic and divine magic any different from each other? Wouldn't the magic better be divided by which god created it and sustained it? Also why let others not of the race you create use it? That seems to be ill thought out in the long run. It seems particularly ill thought out giving it to a god known for greed. Eventually, there will be nothing more that you are willing to give and what happens then? He seems all honeyed words and smiles now but eventually there will be nothing more to give and only things to take. You need to have a decisive advantage if you want to make sure they will never backstab you. Nothing guarantees peace more than fear. Then again total assimilation works as well as long as you have a stable government.

I understand that there are possibilities other than mine. I do not know those though for I can only know my own mind. At what point do they cross the line between good and evil? It is better to have no choice and them to be prosperous and happy over them getting to choose and for them to be aggressive and angry.

10. - Top - End - #160

Vaklesh reached out, tracing a claw over the pictures. The first was clearly the legend of the neogi's creation, or at least a stylized version of it. Each of the Twenty Caravans were represented, the lightning, the great mountain...

The other picture puzzled him a little. Were these figures other races? Did the circle...show their places in the world? His heart beat a little faster. If he guessed right, there was much to accomplish, much to profit from. The Envoy would only be the start. There must be a fleet, a great mercantile expedition. The journey would be long, certainly, but if they kept these Hallfolk friendly they could use the island to restock supplies -

His eyes settled on something else, something puzzling. The raven was depicted twice, in two circles...and he hadn't worked out the purpose of the other one yet. "What is that?" He asked the Elder, pointing to the picture and forming an expression of exaggerated confusion. "Raven-people? Does this mean there are raven-people living there?" He gestured toward the circling Riders, hoping that might help.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Hope this isn't getting annoying; just felt it'd be a fun wrinkle. ;)

The white furred being looked down for a second at the indicated page before turning upwards to met the Oligarch's gaze, concentrating for a moment as he tried to gauge his counterpart's question. Understanding seemed to dawn quickly enough, however. He nodded to the long necked traveller, placing his other hand to his chest. "Y Hallfolk."

The Elder turned down to the book for a second, trying to consider how best to explain it to a being who likely would not understand his words. Eventually deciding, he spoke two sentences, seemingly similar, making eye contact with Vaklesh throughout both. "Gwaed cigfrain. Gwaed Peregrine." With the first word, he pointed straight upwards, just as Vaklesh had done, towards the great circling birds above. With the second, the old sage pointed down, towards the great raven in the book.

This demonstration seemingly sufficient for the green robe, he turned his head quizzically, looking between the landing party, before gesturing outwards, towards the Envoy. "A ydych yn newynog?" The question was rhetorical, it seemed, the little being making a second brief assessment of their company before nodding, and gesturing towards the city behind them. "Dewch gyda mi."

That said, the Elder turned, and started to walk towards the city, his guards turning to accompany him. You did not need to understand the language to grasp the basis of his final statement.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

The Beloved looked down at the metal he had been hitting and smiled. This new technique seemed to work and it seemed to be of good quality. There was still much to do before tonight though and so he went back to work.

After many more hours of work it was done. The first set of armor is taken out of the blacksmith reverently gave it to the Grey Render. It had some trouble getting it on and needed some help but afterwards it was a nice fit for it. It seemed to be well made to protect the Render and it quickly rose with the smith on it's back. The smith smiled at the Render, now they would be able to defend themselves. Now of the robbers came back they would be in for quite the nasty surprise. Even a Render's fist would have a hard to get through the heavy plating and it didn't seem to annoy the Render at all. There was probably another way to help protect themselves and to counter the robbers but there was time for that later. For now he just had to wait for them to come.

After that night news spread of the defeat of the Robin Hood Gang at the hands of a single Render and a blacksmith. Many offers came to the blacksmith offering him as much as he wanted for his new metal and armor design. He was hesitant at first to sell it then the NPPA visited him. Soon afterwards, he quite willingly sold the rights to produce his new armor to the NPPA. He never spoke of what they did to him but he was never quite the same afterwards.

Around this time the NPPA started buying up the farms in the world and planes. Soon all the smallest businesses were shut down and the only real competitors were the NPPA and the government.

Then came the news that the elderly Chemoshmancer was not insane as he brought other old Chemoshmancers who were ready to pass with him to the plane with him. The news was quickly cut off from the general population though as the NPPA convinced the Chemoshmancers from telling anyone. Several other trusted Chemoshmancers were shown the plane and theories were made. It was quickly determined that it couldn't just be between the two planes. It just didn't make sense, why would it kill them until they knew about it? It made no sense if this was all there was. Why wouldn't Chemosh have just let them teleport here? It was soon revealed through experimentation that they could teleport to the secondary world as well using the spell. More tests would be needed before this puzzle could be figured out and many would probably die from these experiments.

Spoiler
    Show
    0ap+6 ap
    -1 ap to make mundane concept (Blacksmithing)
    -2 ap to make an advanced concept that allows them to make new a new material. Called Boneous it was made by mixing the bones of a few of the creatures from the Plane of Undead and iron. Lighter than iron and just about as strong it is notable for its ease of use. Flying creatures can wear what is usually heavy armor made of it (Max dex bonus is increased as well)
    -2 ap to make advanced Concept (Flying armor), this would be specifically armor for flying creatures. I assume it is different from regular armor as it needs special wing slits but it is essentially the same as regular armor only it has room for wings.

=1 ap

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Castle of Stars Unfallen

Peregrine read the note over once, then twice, then laughed, handing the Shade's last massive to the human god, chuckling a little. "Ironic, Liberator. Chemosh here would have me give you nothing, hold you at the waterfront, and trust you not at all. He argues that you will only ever ask for more, and anything I permit you to have would only be turned against me. You would have me give you all the works I and the Hallfolk strove to create, and then would likely expect us to thank you for the taking, because it is your right."

The room faded around the two of them, transitioning to the mortal world and Peregrine fading along with it, the shadow of Chemosh also seeming to grow more insubstantial. Peregrine spoke as she seemed to fade away. "I chose a middle path. You, and your creations are capable of much, for good or ill. Return to your lands, both of you. Attend to your people. In time, we can progress from that. One way or another."

The two finally in the mortal world, they could make out a settlement. A small village, in grassy Cimaraen plains, with buildings of stone and dark robed inhabitants being the only ones walking through the streets. Liberator might take a few seconds longer before determining what was strange about this settlement, but a glance of one being's skin gave the revelation swiftly enough.

These were not humans, who had built their settlement on Liberator's Land. They were the Beloved

Chemosh found another note in his hands, the ink now a bright silver. "Lack of choice is indeed the only way to protect utopia, but a single vision can not fit into beings with a creative spark. Which you gave them, not I. Your Beloved were already not of perfect unity before I stepped in, Chemosh. All I did was ensure they have a more positive alternative to your rule and way of life than banditry. That path leads to violence in turn. And no matter how you try, you will never be able to counteract it entirely."

"Interoperate my actions how you will, Lord of Death. Merely know that I am not fond of tyranny of any sort, be it backed by sword, word or spell. No one vision should eclipse all others, and any attempts to do so will win my enmity."

"You may consider that a vow"

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies, but this was kinda dragging, so I thought it best to bring the scene to an end. Omni, Liberator still has that book. Hamste, Chemosh isn't physically in the prime because he can't be, I just couldn't think of a better effect to conclude the scene. And I did rather want to set up this potential conversation, assuming one party or another doesn't withdraw. ;)

Hamste, you've noted that the Beloved are everywhere, so I'm given to understand that includes the land that's bigger than all the others by several orders of magnitude. Peregrine's now let Liberator in on that fact, to see how both gods react.

Will do more stuff tomorrow!

14. - Top - End - #164

Vaklesh gave the sky one last, suspicious glance before turning back to Vek. "I believe," he said dryly, "that we have been invited in. Send word back to the ship; we'll set up temporary camp on the beach. Then follow us." He pointed at the returning Elder. "We'll be following them."

With that, he scuttled off after the Hallfolk, mind whirling. How could they know so much about the world? He had seen no evidence of vessels such as the one that had brought them here. Did they fly? But there were no tales of neogi meeting such creatures. Nevertheless, the parchment had given him a few ideas, and perhaps they would make their journey easier...

After he departed, half a dozen boats began to move back and forth from the Bold Envoy, disgorging hundreds of chattering, excited neogi. Though the land was new, the procedure was not, and soon dozens of hide tents and pavilions were flapping in the ocean breeze. Each was dyed in bright colors, gleaned from crushed insects or exotic fungi, and the effect formed a counterpoint to the display of colored sparks hanging over the city.

And in Refugium, Shenaru smiled, feeling his power swell as the neogi came closer to beginning their function. All continued as he willed it, which was as the Creator willed. Soon he would proceed on to the next steps...

Spoiler
    Show
    0 AP + 5 from Rollover +1 from Pantheon Head +1 from Oligarch

7 AP - 1 for Mundane Concept: Cartography (Basic mapmaking, surveying, and the like. Quite helpful for nomadic explorers - using as upkeep for the Grand League)

6 AP - 5 for Unfold Divinity

1 AP remaining.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The Neogi are not the only ones getting excited. As Vaklesh and his group proceed further into the city, the Oligarch can see more Hallfolk moving throughout the streets, more than can be easily counted. The city is large, and seemingly home to many of them. Their clothes were in a variety of colours, from indigo to crimson, from gentle brown to vibrant orange. More than a few stopped to look at the travellers, staring in amazement at the strange visitors. The smallest ones seemed most amazed of all, a light cluster of the beings begun to follow the Neogi before one of the pelted beings turned them away with a rather firm gesture.

Above the group, with a hefty bang, another round of sparks rung out. A bright green, from a tower nearby. Looking up, Vaklesh could see a single member of the Hallfolk standing atop the roof, gesturing outwards. The being was distant, but the Oligarch could see its hands move through the air, a little ball of energy trialling through the air and then a second blast of sapphire blue erupted, sparks mingling with the green.

Worth noting. But the Elder and his group had finally entered one of the towers, and if Vaklesh wished to stay with them, he would need to hurry a little. He and his compatriots had little difficulty fitting through the door: by Hallfolk standards, it and its tower were fairly substantial. The three remaining envoys stepped through, into the room.

This was the receiving hall of the Elder of the Valleys. Tomes lined the walls, the only space remained was for sizeable windows that faced out towards the ocean. The middle of the room by contrast held a sizeable table. And upon the table lay food.

The spread had been laid for nine, the Elder at the head, the four remaining members of his guard sitting at either side. Each member of the group spared the travellers a glance, but once they were all in place, begun eating happily, smiling to their guests. The portions that had been laid out were freshly cooked, still piping hot upon the plate, although the Neogi might well have not been accustomed to some of the stranger meats these beings preferred. There was also fish, bread, and a scant few mushrooms: one for each of the guests.

And by each Neogi's place sat an ceramic pitcher, of generous size and filled to the brim with fresh clean water. A luxury the Hallfolk had not extended themselves: each of the little beings making do with a smaller mug.

16. - Top - End - #166

BardGuy

Liberator could not believe the audacity. While on a mission of peace and understanding* and his brother was colonizing Cimarae???

With ritous indignation, Brother, would you care to explain what it is we are looking at here?
    *Liberator remembers things in whatever way favors him best. Never mind his mission was really "steal their nice things," it would definitely have been a peaceful theft, and increased understanding.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Chemosh calmly pulled out another note and started to scribe.

This is part of the Beloved's Nation of course. How could you have not known? They are covering most of this world along with my plane. They haven't even been subtle about it, they just appear around their portal and make their town. So far none of the other races seems to have found them though. It's actually really odd considering just how many races there are on this world and just how much land they cover.

This must be a newer village as I don't see very many Renders around here. You might not have seen them if you haven't seen the settlements. They are the bigger ones with the wings over there.

Chemosh passed over the note smiling. The Renders were odd to him though. They seemed to be wearing some form of metal on them. It was obviously to protect them but why? Also why were they bunched around the NPPA agent? They weren't even close to the portal and only two Beloved were watching the portal. It would have been so easy for someone to sneak in with so few guards. A lot had apparently happened while he was gone.

The NPPA agent in question just walked around knocking on doors and collecting money from the villagers. He was in quite impressive robes with much jewlerry on his person. Nearby he had 4 Renders around him and 3 Chemoshmancers. One render carried a rather large sack that seemed to be filled with valuables. If a villager seemed reluctent to give some of their bodies to the NPPA agent then a Render stepped up and looked threatening but they didn't have to do it often. It appeared that they were taking taxes but it was way too early in the season to be doing that.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am just going to assume we can see the Prime and just can't enter it in anyway. So Chemosh is just in the void or somewhere similar looking down.

18. - Top - End - #168

Vaklesh manages to react to the (in his mind) ostentatious display of wealth with dignity, nodding gravely at the large pitchers of water and smiling toothily at the thoughtfully-prepared food. His comrades show a little less restraint, grinning hugely as they take their places at the table. They have a little difficulty arranging their legs to work with the Hallfolk's chairs, but this is soon sorted out, and they happily dig in. Kessla sticks his head into the jug, slurping ecstatically at the water. The Oligarch, however, sips thoughtfully, taking note of the disparity between the place settings.

"We are indebted to you." He comments, gesturing toward the water vessels. He does not expect a response - at least, not one that picks up on the implications of the phrase among his people - but it is mostly intended for his own followers. They promptly slow their feasting, looking guiltily at their leader. When Vek lopes into the room, eyes round with amazement at the crowds in the city and the magical spectacle outside, Vaklesh quietly takes him aside and whispers in his ear. The neogi nods and dashes off again, pausing long enough to wolf down a chunk of bread.

He returns halfway through the meal, several lower-ranking neogi lugging bundles in his wake. Vaklesh steps away from the table, clearing a place for his followers to display what they have brought; chitin plates worked into swirling, eye-blurring patterns; crystals and polished gemstones roughly carved as insects or abstract figures; bright sashes and shawls, done in the same style as their tents; and a small handful of precious iron implements, from knives and cups to ornate, hooked weapons intended for ornamentation rather than use.

"A gift to you, in exchange for your gift to us." Vaklesh declares. "Please, take what you think fair."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Still trapped outside the world, she saw her folks wandering, nowhere at home, and that made her sad. With a glimpse of mercy, she waved her hand.

And then the earth moved.

First an island arose from the sea, far from being as big as the already existing continents, with a ring of earth surrounding a mountain whose summit was occuped by a plateau.

The the earth around the mountain changed in turn. On the northern side of the island, snow appeared, as well as small forest and rivers, while the southern side had desert and bigger forest. In those places, she installed Sunfolk at the south, Moonfolk at north, with enough animals and plants to live correctly.

Then, she threw fishes on the shores, showing them how easy those creatures were to caught.

Spoiler
    Show
    8 Ap (1 remaining +7 rollover)

-2 AP : Create Land : island, smaller than the current continent

-1+0 AP : Alter Land and create mundane life : one side of the isle

-1+0 AP : Alter Land and create mundane life : other side, as well as all kind of animals, fishes in the sea, and so on.

-1 AP : Mundane Concept : Fishing. Not sure if anyone hadn't already created it though.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay on this, Kraken, kinda wanted to leave some time for others to post so the IC wasn't entirely dominated by our conversation. And then XCOM Enemy Within came out. ;)

The Elder raised an eyebrow at Valkesh' first words to him, glancing around as the Neogri started to eat less. Still, if he understood the Oligarch's subtle reminder, he did not indicate as much, returning to his own food for a few moments longer. Soon enough, the Hallfolk are done with the meal, and the Neogri have returned with the treasures of their lands.

The green robed leader waved a hand to his subordinates, each of which stepped up in turn to claim an item. smiling and bowing in courtesy each time they chose, uttering the same refrain. "Mae fyniolch, estron." Each picked a single item, one took a crystal figure whilst the other three preferred the various items of cloth. These seemed brighter than those fabrics dyed by the Hallfolk, vibrant tones that held the guardians a little entranced.

At the last, the Elder himself stood, glancing amidst the items. Eventually, the little being picked up one of the knives, turning it over in his hand before placing it down on his side of the table. He looked towards Valkesh, smiling politely, as he slowly framed a response. "A gift for you, in return?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Plane of Undeath

The Seekers watched, the Seekers waited. And the Seekers searched. They ventured across their shadow-plane, and the material, and others in turn. As the Elders discussed planar travel, young Vakim was with them, smiling and making notes of his own. In time, he and the Gatecrashes practised the art, perfecting it. With this power in hand, they could venture wherever they chose.

And so they did, all ten of them, and those who came after. One or two like-minded souls, entranced by the tales the older ones told. Of light in darkness, and a challenge to expand their horizons. They ventured through the mountains of the Cradle,

Always, they returned to the Murky Scale. It was their haven, their safe place, the one no Administrators or Renders could ever find. Here, they relaxed, rested and compared notes: wondering and pondering as to the Travellers will.

And the saw the god's puppets, the NPAA, gathering ever greater power unto themselves.

They had been faithful to Chemosh, at the start. None of the Seekers 'worshipped' the Traveller, they just wanted to understand her, why she had done what she did and said what she said. But evermore, when they beheld their government, the Seekers found it wanting. A righteous king, but one chosen by the Lord of Death. And the NPAA at this point no longer answered to the crown.

Something would have to be done about that.

Munnin

And the Smiths raised their fires ever hotter, in the tempering of iron. They delved deep beneath the isle in attempts to find better items to maintain the forges of Noviri, rare elements that Eldritch had hidden in an attempt to lure the children of Peregrine into the earth.

And in doing so, one young smith added the first coal to his smithy: his heart burning in an attempt to equal his master and his peers. In doing so, however he made a fire hotter than those even magicians could manage, and the blade that resulted was stronger and firmer than any seen before. Thus, the first steel was forged in Creation.

Spoiler
    Show
    4AP (7 + 4 -5 -2 AP)

1AP: Create Nexus: The Murky Scale. Existence's first inn has been consecrated by the faith of the Seekers, and a secret blessing by Peregrine. The tavern is no longer accessible to those of hostile intent: the only remaining access to it is through teleportation, and it is warded against such things by the Order's Chemoshmancers

2AP: Create Hero: The Wanderer. Leader of the Order of the Winding Road, the Wanderer is democratically elected by all full Seekers in good standing, and must be loyal to the organization. Provided those criteria are met,

2AP: Create Advanced Concept: Steel. The hallfolk are fine smiths, and have begun to create blades wrought of what they term 'purified' Iron. Stronger than the conventional substance, these steel swords are strong enough to shatter weaker metals that clash against them. Iron Birth-Blades will soon become a vast minority.

-2 AP Claiming Dinfale's items. Will fluff this next time.

22. - Top - End - #172

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the quiet, I picked up some sort of nasty little virus and then I needed planning time...let's get back on track!

Isle of Munnin

The Oligarch had intended the items as recompense for the caravan's ransom in water he had received; evidently, the Hallfolk did not see it that way. On the one hand, it irked him that they had not understood his intent; on the other, it didn't seem entirely reasonable to expect too much of them, and he had begun to form a plan. He gestured toward the ceramic jug.

"Water." The neogi replied, then pointed to the plates. "Food." He waved an arm, encompassing them both. "Supplies. We will need many supplies, for our journey." He pushed several of the unclaimed items forward, grinning toothily. "Trade. We will bring much trade. More of our ships, perhaps? We could deal well together."

And as the Oligarch within the city bartered and wheedled as much as the language barrier would allow, the neogi laughed and bargained and scuttled among their tents with glee, happy to be ashore at last. Sekmell and the other clerics sat apart, no less overjoyed but determined to show dignity in front of these foreigners. The high priest rolled a set of engraved bones from hand to hand, seeking for a sign from his god...and, much to his surprise, one appeared. The oracular device leaped from his grasp, rolling inexorably over the sand, pointing out the next step in their journey. To the east. To, if they but knew it, Cimarae...

Refugium

Shenaru exhaled. Despite his newfound power, affecting the mortal plane seemed harder and harder each time. Perhaps it was because of this power. He doubted very much that he would be able to manifest on Earth ever again..but no matter. It was not his place to do so. His was the guiding hand, the shaping will. But...this world was not his to shape alone, was it? He could still sense others. Quiet, biding their time, but in existence still. They tended their own flocks, kept them as quiet as they were...the neogi were intended to change that, but they were slow. He needed more influence. Semanya could have helped, but he had not heard from his daughter in quite some time.

It was time to try again. A new function, a new tool, a new will. Not lightning, but fire. Not shining crystal, but sturdy iron. Not raging emotion, but unyielding purpose. With a thought, the god dissipated his arm into the ground, the insects that formed it burrowing deep within in search of their prize. Each returned bearing a scrap of gleaming metal ripped deep from within the earth, piling it before Shenaru's feet. The Hive-Lord watched impassively as the mound grew, heating before his gaze, fusing even as more and more iron joined atop it.

"My people will require your help." Shenaru stated as the shape began to take recognizable form. "The world is vast, and growing vaster. Their task will be eased if the way is paved for them, if the children of other gods become...predisposed to contact with other races. I believe that you will be uniquely suited for such a purpose. Do you not agree...Synthesis?"

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP + 6 from Rollover +1 from Pantheon Head +1 from Oligarch

9 AP - 1 for Omen (directing the neogi priesthood toward the busiest continent so far :P)

8 AP remaining.

Last but not least, Creating Synthesis!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

The weapon was developing nicely the blacksmith thought grimly. He had to finish this quickly if he didn't want his secret to be released by the NPPA. Even though Renders were intelligent people simply were accepting of the idea of intimate relations with them and he would be ruined if it got out. His armor design was one of the worst thing to happen to him. They had left him alone for a bit but when the tumult about his selling of the armor had died down they had come back for him. He had been slaving away on new designs for new weapons for some unknown reason. Why would they even want the ability to coat the Renders weapons with his metal? Sure it would be able to do more damage but why would they want it? The Renders were already dangerous enough and making it more deadly wouldn't help much in hunting at all.

Meanwhile a powerful Chemoshmancer shuffled about her laboratory putting the finishing touches on her creation. It had taken months to perfect it and her laboratory was in a complete mess covered in ground gold and blood splatters everywhere from the failed tests. She carefully lifted the plate and examined it one last time to make sure it is complete. She then carefully walked over to a Render covered in in small cuts and pieces of glass who was strapped into a heavy metal chair. She carefully lifted up the plate and brought it smashing down onto the Render's head. It started to roar but then it calmed down as it's wounds sealed up. The Chemoshmancer smiled sadly at the Render. Her tests were successful but at what cost? So many Renders had been lost from the perfecting of the disks. It was such a same but it was more than worth it. She quickly released the Render who had already forgiven her for all the tests she had put it through. She quickly rushed off with the Render to tell them the good news.

Mass production of the disks and weapons happened soon after as the NPPA diverted some of its massive funds towards the production and preparation of them. The weapons were impossible to keep secret with so many working on them so they released the news of the new self defence and hunting tool that they had created. What they released though was oddly low quality compared to what they usually produced and it was put off to the side by everyone as useless. The disks on the other hand were easily concealed as only a strong well taught Chemoshmancer could master them and they controlled all of the strong Chemoshmancers.

Even the weakest Chemoshmancers could help with the production of weapons as they carefully cast spells on the weapons to help in case of war. Things called Beloved Glyphs were carefully cast on each item before they were packed up. The glyphs were an oddity as they didn't seem to activate or even affect them but they affected those living quite badly.

They also created a special skull along with their other preparations. When something passed the skull it emitted a loud shriek alerting all those around you when someone crossed it's sight. A few questioned why they were required by the association to have so many but others shrugged the five skull requirement as the NPPA just wanting to make sure they were safe and sound. After all it would look bad if they didn't protect their own.

Spoiler
    Show
    1ap+6ap
    -2ap to Create Concept (natural weapon enhancer) it raises natural weapon damage one step
    -2 ap to Create Concept (Chemosh's Delicate Disks) a feat that allows people to make Chemosh's Delicate Disks (The same as Shalantha's delicate disk in every way only it requires a feat on top of a 6th level spell slot to cast). Unlike Chemoshmancy this can be used by anyone though it is a relatively hidden technology.
    -2 ap to Create Concept (Armor)
    =1 ap

Beloved Glyphs are Ghoul Glyphs and the skulls are made by Skull Watch
    Last edited by Hamste; 2013-11-19 at 07:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The pile of gathered iron stretched and groaned as its metal hide transmuted to flesh, the touch of flame burning away the physical existence of the rough and raw ore of Refugium and leaving behind only the divine essence which suffused that plane. In that fresh-formed shape it seemed less like the insects that made up Shenaru's body, less like the Neogi which were the god's favored children, and more like those the god intended to send it among, soft and pale.

Its creator stood before it, and named it Synthesis, and in that moment the new god understood. He understood what he was, and what he meant, and he felt himself throughout the worlds. He understood that where unity was, he was. He understood that where creation was, he was.

"Yes... father,"
    he replied, discovering his voice, "I agree. May I begin my work?"

He asked the question, but so hot did the fires of life and creation burn in him that he had already begun to act by the time the words found Shenaru's ears. He stretched over Refugium, massive now and kneeling, and plucked a great tree from the earth, and he reached into the earth and he felt its iron and its coal. He forged steel in the palm of his hand to crown his hammer, a divine instrument of creation. With that symbol in hand as a sign of things to come, he stepped beyond Refugium and into the Void, and he saw all the worlds of men and gods.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 starting AP, -2 for Relic (Hammer of the Forge-Womb, Creation Domain, +1 Attack).
    13 AP remaining.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

The old man chuckled to himself at Valkesh's words, as though at some private joke, before nodding his head solemnly, but a faint grin remaining on his wizened face. His words remained slow and blurred, but he spoke them well enough now that it was easy to make himself understood. He evidently had been listening closely throughout their conversation at the dinner table. "Trade. With the Neogi, always trade."

He gestured to the two figures who sat either side of him, both of which rose at once, ducking through a door behind the table's head. When the door opened again, the pair were both pushing large wheeled carts, each holding six stout looking wooden barrels that seemed noticeably larger than their host's short frames. The Elder, rising to his feet and walking over to Valkesh, had to stand on the tips of his toes to reach up and pry the lid off one. That done, however, he winked to the Oligarch, gesturing to the now open vessel.

The entire barrel was filled to the brim with water. Crisp, clean and as fresh as you could wish. Enough to fill all the jugs the Neogi had drunk from today thrice over, easily.

The green robed old one gestured to each of the two carts in turn, smiling still. "Chwe water, Chwe appleknock." He met Valkesh's gaze closely. "Twice this again, plus food for every ship you give to us? And enough supplies for your journey home, as well. Your land holds little food, correct? We can provide well. In trade." The last is a separate sentence, making his point clear, as the old one's smile thinned just a little. He knows enough about the Neogi to not offer such a thing without a price tag.

Spoiler
    Show
    13ap - 10ap

1ap on Mundane Concept: Barrels
    1ap on Mundane Concept: Alcohol
    1ap on Create Nexus, Tower of the Vigil
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2013-11-21 at 09:13 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Staying away from the Mortal, away from any possible action was too much of a burden, yet the power of the sun was far too dangerous for the plane itself...

That became her first conundrum.

While thinking about it, she taught her moonfolk that, like Moon was empowering the tides, using Moon power could control tides, giving them power on water, and, by channeling other or self life tides, ability to heal each other.

Looking at what other folks lately mastered, she began threading links between those new crafts and Moon, binding metal and the light of the night together. Once she finished that part of her plans, she showed the consequences to her current students.

Seeing how sun allow riding its rays, moon had to, too, and so it became.

"Yet Moonpower is partial : everyone using moonpower will feel it as incomplete and strife to complete it, either by seeking completion in other ways, or by perfecting it... and in both cases I'll learn from them."

As her thirst for knowledge was intense, so was her urge to teach that knowledge, and that surge had two consequences.

One of her students manage to balance Sun and Moon together, reaching a power never seen, at least by her. He took the name of Lu Yin following that event, and he began building, with his own students, a school on top of the isolated mountain. The quick renown gathered by the Moon Peak School gave it influence on the two settlements of the island, turning the new born school into the center of a nation. That was the second consequence.

"Now Sun and Moon are balanced, and I can now understand what Lu Yin feels. I now know what to do!"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP : 18 (3 remaining from last week + 2 rollover(2x7 + 1 from leader))

-2 AP : create advanced concept (including 1 from leader) : Tidal circle. This circle of moon power includes healing abilities (healing undead as well), minor time warping effect (switching ones cycles to hasten him, ...) and watery powers (including scrying and watery based divinations).

-2 AP : create advanced concept : Moonmetal weaving. This circle of moon power includes crafting, some enchanting possibilities (but only on metallic items), and some buffs, mainly giving up something to increase power in other areas.

-2 AP : advanced concept : Riding circle. This includes move enhancing abilities, minor teleportation (including offensive teleportation), and "moon bridges", binding two places far away together.

-3 AP : Divine Word : exactly as said. You know I dislike using D&D terms, but here is "intended" effect :
    Spoiler
    Show
    First effect is technically helping any moon user to learn to use power sources or devellop their own power quicker. Second is making them seekers of perfection.

-2 AP : raise Hero : Lu Yin (title). Mantle (but simply fullfilling the conditions increase lifespan a lot) given upon death to the most advanced philosophically speaking having reached perfect balance of Sun and Moon.

-2 AP : create Nation : Moon Peak School, gathering right now both settlements of the isle and the school on top of the mountain. They are accepting anyone willing to study their arts and accepting to follow their code of life.

-5 AP : Claim domain : Moon (13 AP spent here, 5 AP spent on it when i created moonfolk) : cold and planifying, +2 Defense.

0 AP remaining.
    Last edited by silphael; 2013-11-22 at 01:41 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Refugium

"So eager." Shenaru murmured, the ghost of a smile flitting across his ever-shifting face. "Yes, you have my permission. Go, and be what you are."

His gaze lingered upon Synthesis' new hammer. It was hardly the first artifact that his brethren had created...and it would hardly be the last. Perhaps he should join the majority. Humming contemplatively, he pushed a hand into his chest, removing a large, squirming locust. Words of power spilled from his lips, and the insect grew larger, doubling in size, its carapace turning jet black and its mandibles clacking together menacingly. Suddenly, it split in two, a perfect copy stepping forth to join it. Then another...then another. Within moments, Shenaru was surrounded by a gleaming cloud of buzzing insects, tearing at the dirt with unthinking ferocity.

"Excellent." He smiled, and twitched a finger, and planted the seed of an idea within a mortal head...

Isle of Munnin

Vaklesh had long ago given up being surprised by anything the Hallfolk did. The fact that the Elder apparently knew more of the neogi tongue than he had let on gave him no pause...for he was in his element.

"A good start," he replied, gesturing to the barrels. "But we can find food easily enough. Yours is, of course, luxurious...but it is just that, a luxury. Water is life, is wealth. Payment for ships should be in drink, I think. Other goods, we can bring, and other deals we can make. In fact..." Inspiration struck him suddenly. "Our ties would be stronger, would be better, if our dealings were more frequent. It is a long journey to the Broken Lands, after all. Perhaps...if some of my people were to stay, establish a trade-town on the beach...young Kessla here would be just the neogi to see that everything is done fairly." He grinned toothily as Kessla began to choke on his dinner. "We would return the favor, of course. Any of your folk who wish to return and see our homeland would be welcomed."

Spoiler
    Show
    8 AP + 6 from Rollover +1 from Pantheon Head +1 from Oligarch

16 AP - 2 to Create Relic: The Devouring Swarm (+1 to attack)

14 AP remaining

28. - Top - End - #178

WhiteWizardGirl

Arid Region Village, Cimarea, The Material Plane

"Now my beauties," Inkvyzim said as Liberator and Linjian-Rian departed. "Come and gaze upon your mother." From the ruined village below rose a horde of freshly born angels, their marble sun glistening in the early sun, their internal light fluctuating as they each struggled to control its power. But as their eyes glanced her, their struggle ceased. Instead, they took her presence in, love pouring out of their souls and into her. Inkvyzim practically glowed in their love and admiration, smiling as she turned and departed, Pride following on her heels and the rest not far behind. They flew south, over the mountains and far across the seas, Inkvyzim's body flying without thought as her eyes remained distant.

jsf
    "What have you all done?" questioned a new voice, a flawed white presence making itself known within the chaotic torrent. "We're all doomed now, don't you see that? It had all gone so well, but then you had to act on impulse, didn't you Greed?"

"What, it was an honest mistake? Besides, you see what we got out of it, don't ya?" spoke the emerald voice of avarice.

"That isn't the point," the voice retorted. "You nearly risked us all, and now Liberator is gunning for us. He wants Inkvyzim back, and we both know he'll stop at nothing to-"

"Quiet yourself, Treachery," spoke the commanding and arrogant voice of Pride. "Liberator is no more of a threat than Inkvyzim was, and you saw how easily she was subdued."

"How is it you are all so blind? We have to return control to her, or we'll all be lost. And if none of you will take action, then I suppose I must," Treachery said as he grasped for control of the body.

"Stay your hand fool!" Pride exclaimed, going for control as well.

jks
    Inkvyzim exploded in color above the oceans, indigo and pearl lightning lashing out of her body and returning to her, skin splitting, shattering, and returning everywhere. A great flame burned inside her and roared across her body, her dress burning between two shapes constantly, her hair doing the same. The light from the lightning was blinding, bright enough that even the angels had to turn from it, and the sound of fire was so deafening if Inkvyzim was screaming no one could tell. The more cowardly angels in her flock ran, darting off into the distance in fear of what they were witnessing. Most retreated back a little, attempting to step out of the way of whatever was going on. Only the brave, loyal, and foolish remained close by. And at their head was Pride. Inkvyzim's form continued to convulse and writhe as lightning tore it apart and sewed it back together. Between her eyes, a streak of indigo and a bolt of pearl battled with each other, neither able to claim the other's eye. The battle raged for a moment before a third color entered the fray, this lightning a color somewhere between green and blue. It overpowered the pearl lightning quickly, indigo receding within as the pearl lost. Fire quickly burned over her clothes leaving behind a long nightdress, her hair becoming ragged and unkempt. The color filled her irises, her eyes becoming heavy as Inkvyzim hung in the air for a moment before plummeting downwards.

Inkvyzim's fall made quite a splash in the waters below, her body drifting downwards slowly, nearly completely still save for a few slow and quizzical head movements. The perpetual aura of chaos that surrounded her began working its magic the moment she entered the water. Not a second after she fell, the water around her began to freeze. A few centimeters coating her body as it drifted down at first, but the aura quickly began to grow, lashing outwards in all directions as she approached the sea floor. Miles around her froze in but a few moments, a thick layer of jagged ice bring itself into existence around the spot she fell into. When her body brushed the sea floor, the aura began pulling on it, pulling the floor steeply up around her. The aura pushed and pushed the land upwards, a tower of stone and steel piercing the ice as it pushed, breaching the surface and ascending into the sky. The ice now shattering in places, chains from the tower clung to the larger icebergs, locking them in place as the ice resealed and stone filled the space between it. At the heart of the growing tower was Inkvyzim, an entire room hollowing itself out for her at its heart. The room, empty at first, quickly bloomed in full as Inkvyzim just sat there, taking it all in. Eventually, the aura had had enough and the changes ceased.

Pride and the other angels watched as the tower had pierced the sky, and curiosity quickly got the better of them as the flew towards the tower. It was as they got close that he spotted his mother standing in an exposed room within the tower. He approached to make sure she was alright, and as he neared it was clear she was already speaking to herself. "Didn't want this," Inkvyzim said apathetically. "Don't want this. Too much trouble. Too much work. But it has to be done?" she noticed Pride's approach and slowly turned to address him. "You," she said pointing, "Pride. You're in charge. Be back later. So much work to go though. Goodbye," Inkvyzim said as she departed quickly without another word, soaring off towards land on the distant horizon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP - 13
    Rollover - 8 (2 rollovers)
    New AP - 20

2 - Create Land: The Spire. As described above, the Spire is a massive and jagged tower of ice, snow, and various stones, located on the horizon of the Broken Lands. The tower is large enough to house an entire city, its impressive mass housing endless looping hallways and rooms that range from just large enough to store a hat in, to massive open areas that are so large the tower's walls almost disappear around them. Surrounding the spire is a small continent coated in ice with large spikes of various gemstones emerging from the snow. The Spire lies in the center of this untamed land, emerging from a mountain of ice and snow. Clinging to the sides of the spire are a dozen massive chains that act as supports, embedding themselves in the land surrounding the tower.

1 - Form Nexus: The Garden. Located within the frozen base of the Spire lies the garden, a beautiful place where life flourishes despite the apparent lack of anything to support it. Plants grow without sunlight, a river runs around the entire room going downhill and uphill at the same time, the rules of reality no longer apply as well as they should. Can only be entered through a door that remains locked at all times save for when Inkvyzim calls one into it.

1 - Form Society: The Children of Sin. All of the angels under Inkvyzim's command have organized themselves into a hierarchical society living out of the Spire. At the top of the society is Pride, the first angel and the strongest of his people. Pride's word is law to the angels, as most of it comes from Inkvyzim herself. Although sure of himself, Pride differs to several advisors regarding policies, allowing them to organize any and all commerce, military, construction, and agriculture. Technically as a race derived from humans, they posses all the concepts humans had at the time of their creation.

End AP - 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran
    Sapient is very good at silly-serious.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Synthesis stood atop the Void and looked down upon the firmament, and, through it, unto the mortal plane. He saw the million points of light that were life across the planes, and he saw them flare and flicker, meet and part, dancing across the heavens and the earth in a blinding ballet. There was so much being made there, so much birth, and yet so little order. People coupled, and created together, and yet nothing bound them in that state of togetherness, not even the products of their union. Every thing was ultimately separate from the next. Every light stood apart from the next, even in their most intimate moments.

He reached out toward the stars. They seemed so close, so small. He thought he might just take a handful and squeeze them together, squeeze them until they became one, but he stayed himself. That would not be right. That was not his place. They would have to come together on their own... but once they came together, he could give them the choice, the choice to capture that moment of unity and keep it, the choice to create something new between themselves, a contract, an oath...

"Marriage, it shall be called,"
    he spoke, and for a moment the night's sky shone brighter as his Word wove itself into the tapestry of reality.

He continued watching for a day, or a minute, or a year, and still life danced on in its old familiar patterns.

"I will have to teach them,"
    he resolved, and he stepped down from the sky.

He went on to step all across the world, stopping here and stopping there to speak to each mortal race in turn. He seemed a queer sight to most, coming to them as one of their own, but pairing a virile masculine frame (here bearded, there muscular, elsewhere tall and lanky) with, always, a swollen, pregnant womb. His hammer dangled easy in his hand as he spoke to humans, to hallfolk, to the Beloved, and to all the peoples of the earth, even, in whispers, to certain of his father's Neogi, spreading news of his new creation to any who would hear. He told them what they could make by joining themselves together, and he taught them how to swear upon the symbol of a hammer to sanctify their oaths.

By the time he stepped once again into the stars, his words were already taking effect. He saw celestial hourglasses spin closer and closer together until they were locked in orbit, one with another, and as those unions bore further fruit he saw full constellations blossom, families bonded among the stars.

He smiled. So it began. Even at that moment he could feel his designs crystallizing further, his Oathmakers knitting people closer and closer together with each promise they witnessed.

Spoiler
    Show
    13 AP at start of post

-3 AP Divine Word: Marriage is established as a metaphysical concept, a distinct state of being that links the lives of people who swear themselves to each other on the symbol of a hammer.

-2 AP Create Non-National Organization: The Oathmakers of the Marriage-Lord, a priesthood dedicated to Synthesis. Their primary purpose is to sanctify marriages in the sight of their god, but they will witness other oaths and promises as well, forming a crude sort of system of contractual law.

Bonus: Create Class: Cleric. While not a new concept for the world as a whole, not all the peoples Synthesis has touched possess the class. The direct revelation of his divinity to the first of the Oathmakers sparks the idea of an organized priesthood wherever it has not already taken root.
    Bonus: Create Class: Oathmaker. A specialization (prestige class) available to members of the Oathmakers' organization, full-fledged Oathmakers can bless any promise made in their presence, not just oaths of marriage.

I also need to Create Concept: Contracts, I think, and I may have to Alter Land (or even Create Astronomical Object?) for constellations, but I'm not sure whether Contracts will fall on Mundane vs. Advanced right now. Taking it to the OOC.

Less than 8 AP remaining.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

When the first group of students from Moon Peak Mount reached earth, most of them were tired from running on the water to the other side. Even if most of them had followed the teachings of both Lianjian and Lu Yin directly, applying perfectly the energy as needed to step on riddles for so long drained a large part of their power.

Yet they remember what Lu Yin sayed them :

"Go and seek your way, protect the meeks, and you may reach enlightment. Ask yourself the signification of that riddle : "use slow to beat the fast, use weak to beat the strong". I'm waiting for your news."

So they began spreading news of their school, and some small communities began to appear around them, seeking their teachings.

Spoiler
    Show
    10 AP (2 (base) + 4 (domains) + 1 (pantheon lead) + 1 (2x1/2 from leader) + 1 (from hero) + 1 (unfold divinity)

-1 AP : nation upkeep

-2 AP : advanced concept : Step of Heaven and Earth : basically, the whole wushu movements, walking in the air, on water, and so on.

-2 AP : advanced concept : Taichi (lifestyle) : teaching balance of body and breathing, taichi strengthen both mind and body, as well as providing a moral code : everything you do return to you somehow.

3 AP remaining.