New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

locations covered in this thread.

Gwyn's tower: No, it's not an ivory tower, it's white gold. Okay, it's not white gold either, it's just stone. The local "Evil Enchantress" lives here, and doesn't appreciate visitors. "The Blight Weald" as some call it, is not a very nice looking place anyway.

Due to extenuating circumstances, I'll get the rest of the stuff done tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-03-19 at 11:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

[Foxglove]

"...Is that monster going to cause trouble and get a mob? Because I can't move Shelly easily...And I think the chickens would be afraid of pitchforks and who owns torches these days..."

Foxglove muttered.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"No no, I should be able to placate it," Snickers grins sheepishly. "Y'all just wait out here, and munch on these cookies. I'll go deal with it..." he says, hopping up to hover.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Gwyn's Tower

Smoothie, after this whole ordeal, felt it was rather important to check on Gwyn.

"Gwyn? Are you here? I'd like to talk to you!" she shouted.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Gwyn's Tower

Smoothie, after this whole ordeal, felt it was rather important to check on Gwyn.

"Gwyn? Are you here? I'd like to talk to you!" she shouted.

Gwynfillion was upstairs in her bedroom/library/laboratory at her study desk, silently crying as Wrymple tried to comfort her with nuzzles, but she did not reciprocate its affections. Piles of books seemed to consume all the space on her study desk as she anguished.

"Go away Smoothie...I...please..."
    She yelled down stairs before burrowing her face with her hooves.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gwynfillion was upstairs in her bedroom/library/laboratory at her study desk, silently crying as Wrymple tried to comfort her with nuzzles, but she did not reciprocate its affections. Piles of books seemed to consume all the space on her study desk as she anguished.

"Go away Smoothie...I...please..."
    She yelled down stairs before burrowing her face with her hooves.
    Smoothie refused. She walked up to the bedroom/library/labratory.

"Simmer is gone. He's never coming back." She says to Gwyn, coming closer in the slight hope she can comfort her.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Smoothie refused. She walked up to the bedroom/library/labratory.

"Simmer is gone. He's never coming back." She says to Gwyn, coming closer in the slight hope she can comfort her.
    She furrowed her brows and looked at the filly, her eyes red, her cheeks stained with dry tears, her mascara not boding to well. She looked tired, frazzled, emotionally tapped.

"What?..."
    She questioned with her frazzled questioning look.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

She furrowed her brows and looked at the filly, her eyes red, her cheeks stained with dry tears, her mascara not boding to well. She looked tired, frazzled, emotionally tapped.

"What?..."
    She questioned with her frazzled questioning look.
    "Simmer has been destroyed. Even assuming he could come back, we know how to beat him. The only ponies who even know how he got out are you, me, and anypony you might have told, and I promise to never tell anypony else. I just...thought you might want to know that." Smoothie says.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

"Simmer has been destroyed. Even assuming he could come back, we know how to beat him. The only ponies who even know how he got out are you, me, and anypony you might have told, and I promise to never tell anypony else. I just...thought you might want to know that." Smoothie says.
    "I see....." She said quietly glancing down, still feeling the shame of being the one who put ponies at danger. Grills at danger. Her heart stopped for a moment as she grabbed Smoothie pulling her towards her. "Please, take me to Grills." At the moment, Gwynfillion's magic had yet to be restored, instead of trying to make a potion to restore her magic, she tried to research a way to get rid of Simmer, though that proved a pointless a cause.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"I see....." She said quietly glancing down, still feeling the shame of being the one who put ponies at danger. Grills at danger. Her heart stopped for a moment as she grabbed Smoothie pulling her towards her. "Please, take me to Grills." At the moment, Gwynfillion's magic had yet to be restored, instead of trying to make a potion to restore her magic, she tried to research a way to get rid of Simmer, though that proved a pointless a cause.
    Smoothie teleports her back to the General thread without saying a word.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    [Foxglove]

"...Is that monster going to cause trouble and get a mob? Because I can't move Shelly easily...And I think the chickens would be afraid of pitchforks and who owns torches these days..."

Foxglove muttered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "No no, I should be able to placate it," Snickers grins sheepishly. "Y'all just wait out here, and munch on these cookies. I'll go deal with it..." he says, hopping up to hover.
    Purple drops her pitchfork and blow out her torch. Her face displays her disappointed. "Aaaww. I never get to use these things." she says before dousing her torch in an conveniently placed bucket of water.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, the best part about mob violence is doing things together.... So here."

She levitated a cookie up to offer it to Purple and also took a cookie for herself. She looked somewhat perplexed.

"...Have I been in a mob since I started making friends with ponies?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-03-24 at 10:42 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Well, the best part about mob violence is doing things together.... So here."

She levitated a cookie up to offer it to Purple and also took a cookie for herself. She looked somewhat perplexed.

"...Have I been in a mob since I started making friends with ponies?"
    Purple accepts the cookie and smiles. "I doubt you've been part of a mob. If you are like most ponies, you ran away and hid instead of joining a mob."

She chuckles. "Maybe an army. Have you ever been in an army? Like a squirrel army?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers grins nervously at all the talk of angry mobs, and lets out a small sigh of relief when the topic shifts. He then begins to chuckle, and shakes his head. "Heh, Foxglove leading an army of squirrels. That is a funny mental image. If a bit scary. Heh heh..."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

"Squirells aren't social enough to make an army."

Foxglove said, taking the idea very seriously. She looked a little aside and added,

"I've been in mobs before, though... Last time, they even let me ride in a pouch!"

She nodded once, very firmly, and then smiled.

"Don't underestimate me: I've been in lots of mobs. And a few exaltations, a shrewdness... I really like being in rabbles... a business or two...arrays.... Mischiefs and murders... and me and Foxglove are our own Skulk, too. And lots of other stuff."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-03-25 at 10:39 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers holds up a hoof, in something of a "halt" gesture. "Okay, wait... what?" he asks, his expression one of much confusion. "You were part of a mob? And... you were in a pouch? I simply must hear the story behind this..."

Another growl emanated from the kitchen.

"Be silent, lest I banish thee hence unto a realm of baked agony and crispy-fried torment!" he barks back over his shoulder. Looking back at Foxglove and Purple, Snickers smirks meekly. "I wouldn't actually do that, but he doesn't know that..."

Another louder growl.

"Okay, maybe he does..."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"You are so lucky, Foxglove. I've only been in a shrewdness, cluster, or school. The last one wasn't as fun as you'd think." says Purple Pepper.

After Snickerdoodle's Monster growls, her ears droop to the sides of her head. She is worried. A creature not afraid of baked agony is serious. "Maybe milking is a better threat to a pastry."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"...But I've been in schools, and it was lots of fun...Except when it wasn't, like when I wintered somewhere to be in a school... I rode on them like a raft along the coast, washing up in a place of coffins for the living..."

She muttered, thinking about it. She road a lot of fish-rafts, it seemed, since this was her second one -- or maybe she was getting her stories mixed up. Or maybe she was lying, or joking -- her face gave away nothing on this last matter.

To Snickers, she answered,
    "It was a rough time... Something or another had happened, and I ended up with that mob...It was pretty big. Kangeroos are really tough ... in their nice suits, going around demanding protection foraging from local plants..."

And, finally, she fidgeted a bit on the subject of the baked monster.

"Does it really need to be threatened?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers blinks in confusion. "Kangaroos...?"

When Foxglove asks about the threats, Snickers slinks back slightly, his ears lowering a bit. "Er... No, I suppose not... I... um..."

Looking back at the kitchen, he sighs. "I'll be right back. I think I know how to handle this..."

He hops up and flies over to Foxglove's house, flying into the kitchen window. A short moment later, the sound of an oven door being opened is heard. This is followed swiftly by Snicker's screaming: "OH SWEET COOKIETHULHU!!"

"HARGA BLARGA RAGGA RAGGA NYAARRR!!" a deep, booming voice roars.

A cacophony of noise follows, with the sounds of dishes breaking, a table being overturned, Snickers yelling incoherently, and a strange squishing noise coming from the nearby window. A few moments later, there is a large "KERZAP!!" in conjunction with a vibrant blue flash.

After a few seconds of silence, Snickers crawls out of the window. He's drenched in pink icing, and his eyes are very wide in horror. "Problem solved!" he weakly exclaims, giving a feeble wave of his right hoof.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Squirells aren't social enough to make an army."

Foxglove said, taking the idea very seriously. She looked a little aside and added,

"I've been in mobs before, though... Last time, they even let me ride in a pouch!"

She nodded once, very firmly, and then smiled.

"Don't underestimate me: I've been in lots of mobs. And a few exaltations, a shrewdness... I really like being in rabbles... a business or two...arrays.... Mischiefs and murders... and me and Foxglove are our own Skulk, too. And lots of other stuff."
    "My uncle thought he was a kangaroo for a month. Muzzle fever is crazy. I miss my hazmat suit. I need to by another. Do you have a spare?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickers blinks in confusion. "Kangaroos...?"

When Foxglove asks about the threats, Snickers slinks back slightly, his ears lowering a bit. "Er... No, I suppose not... I... um..."

Looking back at the kitchen, he sighs. "I'll be right back. I think I know how to handle this..."

He hops up and flies over to Foxglove's house, flying into the kitchen window. A short moment later, the sound of an oven door being opened is heard. This is followed swiftly by Snicker's screaming: "OH SWEET COOKIETHULHU!!"

"HARGA BLARGA RAGGA RAGGA NYAARRR!!" a deep, booming voice roars.

A cacophony of noise follows, with the sounds of dishes breaking, a table being overturned, Snickers yelling incoherently, and a strange squishing noise coming from the nearby window. A few moments later, there is a large "KERZAP!!" in conjunction with a vibrant blue flash.

After a few seconds of silence, Snickers crawls out of the window. He's drenched in pink icing, and his eyes are very wide in horror. "Problem solved!" he weakly exclaims, giving a feeble wave of his right hoof.
    Purple is not shaken by Snicker's departuree not the noise. Nor by the roar. Nor by the banging or clanging. Nor by his reemergance. "Stuff happens."

Purple trots up to Snickerdoodle and scoops up a a hoofful of the pink icing. "Is this strawberry? Or pink flavored." She shoves it into her mouth. It is soft and sugary.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-03-29 at 05:35 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmmm... Do I?... I'm not sure a dress ... would be much good... unhang-gliding might be .... nice, though."

She muttered in response, looking away. Apparently, when left alone, Purple and Foxglove just become a sequence of freeform conceptual jazz. That was, of course, when she realized she was alone with a pony who she didn't really know: she had forgotten it, in all the excitement. For a moment, her face regained a look of animation, but it was nervous. Then she went back to being blank-faced and looked away, emberassed inside her head.

This was in time to see Snickers crashing out her window. The treehouse, with its rooms strewn about the branches and connected by old rope-bridges or leafy platforms Foxglove had made herself, was always in a state of repairs, so a broken window, more or less, didn't bother her.

Snickers looking dazed and maybe hurt, however, did. She trotted over and scanned his body for any sign of injury, with a particularly analytical eye (for Foxglove, anyway). At the end of her diagnosis, she pronounced:

"...No skin's broken... So you shouldn't turn into a were-pastrey."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Its strawberry..." Snickers mutters weakly. "And thank you for the prognosis, Foxglove. That would be quite an ironic fate for me..." he smirks, slowly staggering up to his hooves.

Shakily regaining his balance, he sighs. "Well, glad that's over with. I had no choice but to banish it, and send it somewhere where I knew it wouldn't cause anypony trouble... Keyword, though, is anypony."

Meanwhile, somewhere beyond time and space...

"WHAT IN THE DARK NAME OF ME IS THIS THING?!?!" Cookiethulhu howled over the insane gibbering of whatever Snickers created.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Good but I like pink flavor more. Or Or orange. Orange the color not orange the fruit." Purple reached out her hoof to scoop up more icing. This pony loved icing.
    "Is it possible to make a cake completely made of icing? Would that count as a cake, Mr. Baking Expert Pony? We should fix that window and celebrate the fixed window with a party. Then have icing cake. Or cookies made of icing. That hazmat suit would come in handy right now. Or then. For you, Snickers. That or a stainresistant suit.and tie. This towns needs more suit and tie affairs. Like a ball." She was rambling again.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion's Tower

Second Floor-Livingroom/Kitchen/Closed Music Box that's still playing music/The single large window with the wide sill

After the trio poofed in, Gwynfillion thanked Grills for not over exerting himself by using his flashy teleportation. She watched as Sugar ran over to her papa, as Wrymple appeared waddling towards Gwynfillion, only to stop when it saw Garion.

The monstrous looking baby purple wurm, which had in recent weeks grown almost as big as Gwynfillion. If it was a dog being compared to an average human in size difference, it'd be like a mastiff, but with a scary maw.

Wrymple...was confused. Who was this little...pony? It seemed familiar, and yet not at the same time. It just stared at Garion, trying to decide if he was a friend.

"Be nice Wrymple,"
    Gwynfillion sternly told Wrymple. It waddled back cooing, as if it was understanding.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion's Tower

Second Floor-Livingroom/Kitchen/Closed Music Box that's still playing music/The single large window with the wide sill

After the trio poofed in, Gwynfillion thanked Grills for not over exerting himself by using his flashy teleportation. She watched as Sugar ran over to her papa, as Wrymple appeared waddling towards Gwynfillion, only to stop when it saw Garion.

The monstrous looking baby purple wurm, which had in recent weeks grown almost as big as Gwynfillion. If it was a dog being compared to an average human in size difference, it'd be like a mastiff, but with a scary maw.

Wrymple...was confused. Who was this little...pony? It seemed familiar, and yet not at the same time. It just stared at Garion, trying to decide if he was a friend.

"Be nice Wrymple,"
    Gwynfillion sternly told Wrymple. It waddled back cooing, as if it was understanding.
    Garion stared at the inside of the tower. He had a vague notion of what a house was supposed to be, and this was more like it. Stone, big rooms, a nice window overlooking wide landscape, and the music was calming. Something about this archaic design just sat right with the colt.

And then the giant purple wurm came storming out, heading straight for Miss Gwyn. Something stirred, deep within him, and before he knew what was happening, he galloped in front of his caretaker, right in the path of the beast. Then...he had absolutely no idea what to do. He gulped, and stood as tall as his shaking limbs would let him. "Y-you leave M-Miss Gwyn alone!" he managed to squeak out.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion's Tower

"Be nice Wrymple,"
    Sugar ran right up to Grills and rolled onto her back for a belly rub. After panting happily upward, the pup noticed the cast. Back on her paws, she whimpers and sniffs the air. "Woof woof?"

"I'm fine."

Sugar turned to Gwyn. Then to the new pony. She sneers and gowl.

Grills puffs out some smoke. "Sugar, stuff. Be nice too.."

The brown and black pup stood down and rolled back on her back for a pet from the colt.

As for grills, he gave Gwynfillion a supportive kiss on the cheek and went toward the food filled table. He rubbed his horn to cast a minor but controlled food reheating spell. "Soup's on everypony."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion stared at the inside of the tower. He had a vague notion of what a house was supposed to be, and this was more like it. Stone, big rooms, a nice window overlooking wide landscape, and the music was calming. Something about this archaic design just sat right with the colt.

And then the giant purple wurm came storming out, heading straight for Miss Gwyn. Something stirred, deep within him, and before he knew what was happening, he galloped in front of his caretaker, right in the path of the beast. Then...he had absolutely no idea what to do. He gulped, and stood as tall as his shaking limbs would let him. "Y-you leave M-Miss Gwyn alone!" he managed to squeak out.
    Wrymple seemed indignant at being spoken to like that, despite its squeakiness. It made a weird upset noise from its maw. Gwynfillion looked at Wrymple again sternly. "Be good Wrymple."

"Its okay Garion, Wrymple is my pet, it won't hurt you."

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Sugar ran right up to Grills and rolled onto her back for a belly rub. After panting happily upward, the pup noticed the cast. Back on her paws, she whimpers and sniffs the air. "Woof woof?"

"I'm fine."

Sugar turned to Gwyn. Then to the new pony. She sneers and gowl.

Grills puffs out some smoke. "Sugar, stuff. Be nice too.."

The brown and black pup stood down and rolled back on her back for a pet from the colt.

As for grills, he gave Gwynfillion a supportive kiss on the cheek and went toward the food filled table. He rubbed his horn to cast a minor but controlled food reheating spell. "Soup's on everypony."
    Gwynfillion ignored the pup, though her mind entertained the thought of giving Wrymple a new chew toy. It was horrible but passed as quickly as it appeared. Grills' kiss on the cheek probably was what did it. She formed a small smile and kissed him back on the cheek.

"Still smells good, thank you Grills."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Wrymple seemed indignant at being spoken to like that, despite its squeakiness. It made a weird upset noise from its maw. Gwynfillion looked at Wrymple again sternly. "Be good Wrymple."

"Its okay Garion, Wrymple is my pet, it won't hurt you."
    The "danger" passed, Garion shrunk back from the big scary wurm. "O-okay." Suddenly, living here seemed a lot less like a great idea.

The dog, on the other hoof, he was okay with. Garion gave the pup a few experimental belly rubs to see what it would do. In the quite likely event that Sugar enjoys belly rubs, he'd rub a bit more vigorously.

Garion trotted over to the table, choosing the closest seat to Gwyn and waiting obediently for food. The smell sent his belly into a new wave of gurgles. He remembered food as a thing, but certainly not that it smelled this good.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Wrymple seeing Garion pet Sugar, rolled on its back too expecting to be pet too, but everypony seemed preoccupied with the food at the table, so it sulkily waddled away up the stairs.

Meanwhile, Gwynfillion busied herself with trying to serve Garion first, she cursed as she almost dropped the plate of grits she had held in her hooves. She quickly glanced at Garion. "Don't ever repeat that word." She then caught her reflection on the big stainless steel spoon. She winced. "Be right back." She got up and cantered up the stairs. She had near forgotten her 'hideousness' that was her makeup stained face at the time.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills solfty chuckled as he watched his fillyfriend fanctically dart up the stairs. "Sugarplum, put on something..." He suddenly remembered the colt in the room before finishing his joke. "..red... I ummm... like... red."

"Garion, do you want butter, cheese, or veggie gravy on your grits?" He warmly smiled at the colt. The three items floated u to Garion.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater