New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 16 - Home is Where the Phylactery is

[Vann Estate - Violet's Room]

When dressed, Seiner will find a girl waiting in the hallway with a rolled up parchment. She's in her teens somewhere, with a pointed face and braided dark-blond hair. She's wearing a poncho and a hat, which is hanging around her neck at the moment. "Don't worry, Miss Seiner. Lady Ninety-Nine said it wasn't safe to see you herself, but she gave me this for you. A monster came while you were asleep." The girl holds out the paper. She smells rather spicy; peppers are one of the biggest crops here. "It was scary, but everyone's okay!"

Quote Originally Posted by Note
    Beloved Seiner,

I'm so sorry to vanish like this. The Queen Fangire, Kusu, came here <description of her follows>. She said our being together is against your laws, and threatened you if we met again. I'm not putting up with that, but I don't know that I can stop her yet, so we need to be very careful. She was at your cigar lounge and found you here, so I don't know what place would be safe. She knew me, called me by a name I'd forgotten, said she had wanted to make me the Queen once, and I knew her somewhere in my forgotten memories. I'm going to look for them, to try to find out what has happened between us all before. Miss you already. Be careful.

All my love,

P.S. Give this letter back to Carmen to destroy once you've read it. You can give her a response and it will get to me as soon as is safe. If you ever need to, you can stay here. When we move the tower you'll be informed, but I can't be back for a while.

P.P.S. I used to be called 'Riki'. It wasn't my real name either, but I think it was the name I used. I still love how you call me 'Nines'.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vann Estate]
    Seiner reads it over a few times, getting shakier and shakier with each repetition until finally the naked girl breaks into tears.

It takes a bit for her to gather her voice and speak to Carmen. T-tell her... I d-don't totally understand, but... but I trust her. And I-I'm going b-back home, so s-she knows where to reach me i---when she can... a-and please, please make sure she knows I love her more than anything.
    Rubbing her eyes, she turns away to re-dress, suddenly so much clumsier, lead-limbed.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273

[Vann Estate]

The messenger girl looks away, not wanting to see their guest cry. "She wants you to be safe. I never saw her so worried as she was about you. I'll tell her, but I'm sure she already knows."

Carmen takes back the letter, and waits in the hallway until Seiner is dressed. "Can you get back home on your own?"

[Leaving]

Riki9, as it would be, is on her was back to the ruined rec center, to see if the pile of glass that was their enemy is still there. Hopefully with whatever belongings he had before.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vann Estate]
    Seiner nods, rubbing her eyes. I-I know, that's the Nines I know... as for getting home, I'll be fine. I can get home myself, but thanks for your concern...
    She starts to walk out, being a brave big girl and holding her tears in for now.

((Shall we do the Rec Center bit here, or in the Inside thread?))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275

[Vann Estate]

Carmen nods, and rushes off down the hall and down the stairs, footsteps slowly fading away.

((How about Random Places and Plots?))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

[[Vann Estate - Leaving]]
    Seiner holds strong til she's a bit down the road from the edge of the estate... and finally breaks down, crying hard and not trying to hold any of it back. Transforming into her Fangire form, she runs faster than a human body could, then leaves the ground to float a few inches above it as she makes her tearful way home, not really conscious of what she's doing to get there.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Sophie's Apartment

Julie is tempted to just leave the effect in for a chance to study it, but instead burns it apart slowly, scouring it from her mind since she isn't sure how extensive it is, "Well didn't this turn into a magical fiesta all of a sudden? Are you sure you didn't get left Kate's luck somewhere in her will?" She directs the question to Sophie as Mintbalm puzzles for a while what everyone is so angry about. No wait, her clothes are ruined... and now nothing will fit her unless she makes something completely new. That must be it since most people can't just string together carbon out of the air to make new clothes.

Until Julie takes pity on the super-pixie and reaches out with a probe to burn away the ensorcellment on her as well. Mintbalm blinks a few times, then blushes heavily as she realizes what she just let happen to her. She was more alert for such pranks when she was just an ordinary pixie. She's really gotten soft lately.

Julie, meanwhile, picks at her ruined top with a grimace and pulls a mirror out of her purse with a thought so she can inspect her face, "Gah, I look like a comic book damsel. This kind of prank takes it too far." Immediately, she shrinks her chest down with some mental effort, which will likely leave her only slightly miffed at things for another minute until she realizes it's happening all over again.
    "Agreed," Copi says, "Especially considering the mental effect. Encouragement to accept the change implies more than mere mischievousness. Sophie, if I may-"

"Yes," Sophie states. "This sounds like one of Kate's nightmares. Dolled up physically and then forced to accept it mentally. That's pretty-" At this point, Copi's fix kicks in and Sophie becomes aware of the full magnitude of the effect. She looks down at herself again, and says, "Oh, ick."

Copi looks over at Julie, who has seemingly reversed the effect, and smiles. "As long as it's simple to remove, though, it shouldn't be too much of an issue."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-11-17 at 05:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Halfling in the Playground

[Frescot House]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Laela smiles. "Okay." She says, instantly reassured. As long as she can still play with her friends.

Presumably we can jump forward at this point. I'll leave that up to you.
    In that case, the lot of them likely finish lunch and head inside! Adir will take Laela to look at her room, dusty and sad as it is. Of course, that won't be the case for long - Adir's got plastic laid out, various brushes around, and a few cans of brightly colored paint to use. While he works on painting the bulk of it, Laela will be allowed to color whatever she wants. He'll often stop to help her, whether it be by lifting her up to paint higher, or getting her a new brush. Of course, that's assuming she bothers with brushes at all.

Adir's rather relieved the tyke wanted to join him. If Laela turned out not to like splashing paint on things and smearing it everywhere, well gee, what did she like? Of course, he didn't much think to get Laela a smock or something similar to protect her clothes, so here's hoping they aren't very expensive ones.

Sakura will've been left with the boys, in the mean time - he got a few toys for them, too. Of course, should Mrs. Frescot come upstairs to check on things, she'll be greeted by the sight of her shirtless, paint-smeared husband and their recolored daughter putting the finishing touches on this little project. Laela will have dictated how it all looks - Adir wanted her to be happy.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-11-17 at 07:12 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Clarissa's House - Luxurious Office]

"If you can punch holes in people with it, it probably isn't a weapon your typical spandex-obsessed superheroes use. Most of them just punch people or smack them with a blunt object until they're knocked out."

A custom that totally doesn't cause any internal bleeding or permanent damage. >.< No. Of course not.

Khyli patiently explains. Hmm... Perhaaaaps this superperson business could be manipulated to her advantage...

"I have an proposition for you! If decide you want to be a superhero, I could be your leather-loving arch nemesis. I do have a troupe of ninjas under my command, and if you seem established, the other superheroes might accept you as one of their own more readily..."

"It could be fun."

She would call herself the Mistress of Mayhem or something like that.
    Sure! Let's just try not to kill each other.
    Hmm, for a name, how about Luxia? Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-17 at 08:42 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Agreed," Copi says, "Especially considering the mental effect. Encouragement to accept the change implies more than mere mischievousness. Sophie, if I may-"

"Yes," Sophie states. "This sounds like one of Kate's nightmares. Dolled up physically and then forced to accept it mentally. That's pretty-" At this point, Copi's fix kicks in and Sophie becomes aware of the full magnitude of the effect. She looks down at herself again, and says, "Oh, ick."

Copi looks over at Julie, who has seemingly reversed the effect, and smiles. "As long as it's simple to remove, though, it shouldn't be too much of an issue."
    Sophie's Apartment

"That's right." Julie takes the hint and starts working on Copi, trying to shrink her down to size as well. She stops about midway into it as she realizes her own predicament is getting worse again, and simply groans in disgust and presses a hand to her forehead.

"That is, if it were that simple to get rid of. Looks like we've been bamboozled gals." You know, Julie would be more mad at this if she weren't so ticked off. This really couldn't have come at a worse time, could it? I mean, for her it's an inconvenience, but Sophie and Copi really don't need to deal with this.

"So how do we get rid of this?" Mintbalm can think of a few ways that might apply to her. Stepping out of her body and making a new one, maybe? Or peeling the enchantment off and slapping it on Vrivecka if she can figure out how to separate it from herself. She's still embarrassed that she was tricked by the mental effect so soundly.

"That's a good question sugar."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sophie's Apartment

"I wish I knew more about magic," Sophie sighs. She's feeling pretty useless here. With planning or information gathering she could help, but this is too far outside of her expertise.

"Indeed, times like this make me think I should dabble in wizardry," Copi comments, trying to ignore it as her body morphs back to silly proportions, "But so far the situation isn't terribly complex. There's obviously some kind of redundant effect, which we will have to undo first in order to undo the physical effect. I'm not sure if it wold be set on a trigger, or timed, or some kind of constant... I'm afraid that information finding falls on you, Julie, and if you can't do anything we'll have to get outside help."

12. - Top - End - #282

Sophie's Apartment

"It's constant. My girls started blowing up the second I stopped shrinking them, I just didn't notice until it was obvious. So there's a set form in mind that it works towards if there's any deviation. I wonder if they'd even grow smaller, if I made them bigger than this?" She doesn't try it of course. That's just asking to be stuck with even larger breasts.

"I remember a girl I used to know from work who was like this. She used to wear a bra of holding that would store the excess so she could walk around normally. Wonder what an enchantment like that on some dresses would cost over at Azik's, just as a temporary measure?" Julie's reaching for something that would make this manageable.

"Couldn't he just dispel it? If he can enchant clothes, wouldn't disenchanting us be easier?" Wishful thinking Mintbalm, but still thinking.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sophie's Apartment

"Azik likely would at least give an effort, from what I know of him," Copi says, "Kate's had good experience with him."

"If we can afford it, we might be able to get potions of dispel or something," Sophie pipes up, "I've heard good things about him in the realm of enchantment. You know, maybe I should spend some funds on a wand of dispel. It's the kind of thing where if we never have to use it, that'd be great, but honestly? We probably will."

"Motion seconded,"
    Copi says with a nod, "But given how awkward it would be to go to Azik in this state, an internal solution to the immediate problem is likely preferable."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

"Supernames normally are inspired by a superhero's or superheroine's powers or theme, y'know, like Wombatman, Green Flashlight, and Captain Steroids! Luxia works, I guess, but does it fit your theme? If your theme and name suit one another, you'll gain popularity a heckuvalot quicker, trust me."

Khyli nods sagely, imagining all of the possibilities associated with this diversion. Toys. Comic books. Movies. Her exploits immortalized. She could be an awesome arch nemesis supervillain! All she needs is a costume and she'll be able to terrorize the city right and proper just like her mom!

"Aaand don't worry, I won't try to murder you. I might make it seem as though I'm trying to kill you, but I won't ever do it."

Cross her heart, hope to die, stick a needle in her eye...
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-11-17 at 10:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

"Superheroes usually have their supernames that somehow describe their powers or theme. Y'know, like Wombatman, Green Flashlight, and Captain Steroids. Luxia works, I guess, but what will your theme be? If your theme and name suit one another, you'll gain popularity a heckuvalot quicker, trust me."

Khyli nods sagely, imagining all of the possibilities associated with this diversion. She could be an awesome arch nemesis supervillain! All she needs is a costume and she'll be able to terrorize the city just like her mom!

Aren't parental role models the best?

"And don't worry, I won't try to kill you. I might make it seem as though I'm trying to kill you, but I won't ever do it."

Cross her heart, hope to die, stick a needle in her eye...
    ...thanks. Now all I can think of is Dead Space.
    I'm thinking of a light theme. My arsenal will be mainly flash bangs, tasers, stun batons, stun guns, non-lethal weaponry that stuns and dazzles. My costume will be mainly colored white and yellow, of course.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-17 at 11:04 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

You're welcome!

Excitement! A bubbly Khyli is practically bursting with it!

"Ooo! A light theme! Then I could call myself the Damsel of Darkness! Hmm..."

Considering thingies...

"Black leather costume for me, then, if only because it'd make me look super curtainy."

It would be supernaturally hawt.

"Next question! How will you transport yourself from one place to another when patrolling the city?"

17. - Top - End - #287

You're welcome!

Excitement! A bubbly Khyli is practically bursting with it!

"Ooo! A light theme! Then I could call myself the Damsel of Darkness! Hmm..."

Considering thingies...

"Black leather costume for me, then, if only because it'd make me look super curtainy."

It would be supernaturally hawt.

"Next question! How will you transport yourself from one place to another when patrolling the city?"
    Hmm... I have been experimenting with my Semblance recently. I could see if I could use it to boost my speed...
    Ooh, I like it! Hmm, I'm thinking maybe white boots and gloves with yellow details, a white combat skirt and shirt with a yellow scarf and details, and a yellow mask of some sort.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Ashley's Warehouse

"A couple things here and there. I've been trying to figure out some gems I found a while ago. I haven't had a lot of progress, though," Ashley says.

Hmm... Magic gems or precious gemstones you can't identify?
    The thief's interest is piqued!
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

"Jetpacks are super cool too. Mine is probably in my closet in my room. You could borrow it indefinitely, if you want."

Khyli generously offers, eyes shut as she slooooowly succumbs to the coziness of the couch. She yawns and stretches, not at all tired but barely able to resist the couch's invitation to sleep.

"Cool, cool. So do you want to create the costume yourself or should I summon our tailor?"

Of course, she wouldn't summon the tailor directly. She'd summon a servant who would fetch the tailor. Khyli wouldn't be forced to part from the soft, warm embrace of the couch with that technique.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-11-17 at 11:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

"Jetpacks are super cool too. Mine is probably in my closet in my room. You could borrow it indefinitely, if you want."

Khyli generously offers, eyes shut as she slooooowly succumbs to the coziness of the couch. She yawns and stretches, not at all tired but barely able to resist the couch's invitation to sleep.

"Cool, cool. So do you want to create the costume yourself or should I summon our tailor?"

Of course, she wouldn't summon the tailor directly. She'd summon a servant who would fetch the tailor. Khyli wouldn't be forced to part from the warm, soothing embrace of the couch with that technique.
    I can make it myself.
    What's a jet pack?

Celica's Semblance (a special magical ability) is Power. She can power things. The idea is powering herself so that she can run very quickly
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-17 at 11:48 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #291

Ashley's Warehouse

"Magic gems. They're a bit odd," Ashley says, before heading to a shelf to point out three gems sitting near a small statue. "They glow black when I touch them, and I feel like my magic is stronger when I do," she continues.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

"A jetpack is a machine that you strap to your torso that you can activate to fly without wings."

Khyli answers as she shakes herself free of the spell the couch seems to have cast on her if only for a moment! She has a guest! She can't take a nap now!

23. - Top - End - #293

"A jetpack is a machine that you strap to your torso that you can activate to fly without wings."

Khyli answers as she shakes herself free of the spell the couch seems to have cast on her if only for a moment! She has a guest! She can't take a nap now!
    that sounds awesome! If the Semblance idea doesn't work, I'll take your offer.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

Fair enough. Khyli sighs peacefully.

"Let me know when you're ready to introduce your superhero alter-ego to the public of Skyside. I'll have something nefarious planned by then."

"Anything else?"

25. - Top - End - #295

Fair enough. Khyli sighs peacefully.

"Let me know when you're ready to introduce your superhero alter-ego to the public of Skyside. I'll have something nefarious planned by then."

"Anything else?"
    Hmm, maybe next week?

Nope!

Wanna go do the plot after this?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-18 at 12:02 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Ashley's Warehouse

"Magic gems. They're a bit odd," Ashley says, before heading to a shelf to point out three gems sitting near a small statue. "They glow black when I touch them, and I feel like my magic is stronger when I do," she continues.
    Ally steps over for a quick look. Ooh, pretty. I wonder how much they're worth?

27. - Top - End - #297

Ashley's Warehouse

"Not sure. I've seen a couple of offers on walls, but I haven't asked anyone yet," Ashley says, moving so that Ally can get a better view of the gems.

28. - Top - End - #298

Ashley's Warehouse

I know the value of regular jewels, but I'd have no clue where to start on magic stuff.
    She shrugs.

29. - Top - End - #299

Ashley's Warehouse

"I should probably learn a bit more about appraisal if I want to sell any of these artifacts I have," Ashley says. "Otherwise I might get ripped off."

30. - Top - End - #300

Ashley's Warehouse

Anyone rips you off, you tell me and I'll steal their everything. Ally nods seriously.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2013-11-18 at 12:38 AM.