New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Bronsk
    Brow furrowed, Bronsk picks absentmindedly at the patch on his shoulder.
    "I'm inclined to think whoever writes this thought opening the door was a good thing. Nijizuishou...Iz this a name? A word I don't know?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"Yes, a good thing for the true sons and daughters of Gleipne, some kind of revival. But it could be a bad thing for other people.", says Lisaa and stares again at the symbols on the door.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

"Perhaps Mia knows more. Shall I run and tell her what you have found?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"Yes, please do. We shall remain here."
    Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

"I will." She begins to run, but suddenly halts and turns around. "Oh, I almost forgot. Mia told me that she wanted you to come back earlier than yesterday. I think she found something out that she was eager to tell you about." And with those words, she leaves.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-01-31 at 01:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"I don't think we're going to get much more done here. But if this door is now exposed, then perhaps there may be clues in the surrounding area. We should have a look around before we go, keeping an eye out for other doors, or maybe even some unusual tracks. It might be that others have decided to visit the area, summoned by the door?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The healer nods. "Yes. Maybe more clues are hidden?"
    I wonder why the child could not hear, when Baztikk and I could?
    Stepping outside the cave into sunlight, Bronsk stretches with a grunt.
    "Ah, yez. Much better out here. Hyu know, I've never liked caves much."
    Bronsk begins a search of the hillside, looking for more inscriptions or entrances.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

Using his nose and eyes, Baztikk looks around for any tracks which seem unusual or don't belong.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately, the search is fruitless. There are no other inscriptions, doors or caverns that can be found.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Time passes, and it is beginning to become late.

11. - Top - End - #191

Lisaa

"It's getting late. Mia probably won't arrive today. We should make a camp here. Maybe we'll get some vision in our dreams about how to open this door.", says Lisaa. "I can keep watch for a while, who else ?"
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-02-03 at 05:14 AM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk looks out at the deepening dusk. "Sure. 'm no stranger to camping outside. I can take the last watch. Erm." He looks around thoughtfully. "I'll see if I can't chase down some firewood, maybe!" So saying, Bronsk strides off, looking to gather fallen wood for a night's fire.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"I thought Mia wanted us to come back tonight. It sounded like she'd found something. But if you want to remain here, I'm alright with that."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

Sasha shivers a bit as she looks around. She's never camped outside, and quite frankly, wasn't too keen on the experience... still, she didn't want to miss more of a chance to study the door. "Maybe we should check with Mia first?" She suggests hopefully.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Time passes, and not before the full moon is standing far up in the sky does Bronsk return, carrying a large quantity of firewood.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Rushing back to the cave, Bronsk sets down the wood hurriedly.
    "Sorry, everyone! I had a vision! The Door, it is very important!" the young healer blanches. "Oh! Quick, before I forget this, it is very important." He frowns and taps the side of his head frantically "Erm. It was in Nord! How shall I translate? Uh. 'Home is where the heart iz, spirit iz in heart. Mirror hides my spirit. My possessionz iz mirror.' " Bronsk looks around at the others a trifle nervously. "Please! Try and remember it, it is important!"

17. - Top - End - #197

Lisaa

Lisaa looks up confused at Bronsk's ravings but tries to memorize it. "What ? Home and heart and spirit. The spirit is hidden by a mirror which are your possessions ? Hmm ... hmm ... hmm ..." She seems to subvocalize what Bronsk said.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Time ticks by, and it is now past midnight.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Sitting around the fire, the young Miklaagardian draws up his knees and smiles into the flames.
    "I had a vision, hyu know. Beautiful, she was...Skin like smoke and radiant like the sun. Hyu would call her an angel, I think, but to me she is Hoffentsangel, spirit of hope. She told me that thiz door is important, and we need find the keyz to open it. That clue I gave hyu, it's the last hint to find the lady's key."

20. - Top - End - #200

Lisaa

Lisaa's thinks about words that Bronsk said. What if ... could it be ... impossible ... but it makes sense ... a werewolf could open the door ? All this talk about werewolves recently ... my home is where my heart is, with me, a restless spirit ... and my spirit is in my heart, could the spirit be the werewolf of me ? The mirror of my self which I hide from others and which I own, from which I can't be divided ... this sounds right, but what to do now ? Can I trust this people ? From what we have talked so far, they seem to be wise and tolerant and don't condemn werewolves ... a trading company accepted a werewolf to work for them. We also welcomed the hobgoblin quite quickly when he appeared. Should I reveal my true self to them ? This door might be very important ...

Lisaa coughs slightly and stands up, looking insecure at the others. "Uh, I might have an idea. Well, somehow. Could it be that a werecreature could open the door ? They are usually outcasts and wanderers, their home is where their heart is. Their were-spirit is always with them and they hide this mirror of their self from other people. They own this were-side of them, it can't be taken from them.

You might wonder how I can think such thoughts, but,"
    she takes a deep breath, "to tell you the truth, and don't fear, I am a werewolf."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young Nord sits quite still for a few seconds, heart racing furiously.
    Her too?! Then maybe...
    Standing slowly, Bronsk Seifsson turns towards Lisaa.
    "To say that takes great courage, but I would have hyu know you are not alone." With a grunt, Bronsk turns to the full moon, hands tucked behind his back.
    "I too am werewolf."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

The night continues to drift away into the morning as the full moon begins to descend in the sky.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Taking silence as acceptance, Bronsk moves a little way off and curls up to sleep for the remainder of the night.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

With the intimate revelations, Sasha seems rather startled. 'Just like me...! I didn't know there were others so close...' The human girl sighs and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, smiling at the older elf. "I hate to steal your thunder, but I'm afraid I'm a werewolf..." She looks to Bronsk's sleeping form and to Baztikk. "One hell of a coincidence, right?"

25. - Top - End - #205

Lisaa

Lisaa looks completly flummoxed and sits down. "Coincidence ... coincidence ? This can't be a coincidence. All this talk about werewolves and the strange happenings recently. I believe Mia was right. There is some connection in some or all of this. And now this door ... and Bronsk's vision. Some otherworldy being brought us together and led us to this place." She gets her own bedroll from her backpack and sits down on for her watch.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Again time passes. The night goes by uneventfully, and the sun rises in the horizon as the village awakens to life. Joining the sun however, is Mia. As the rest of the group awakens from sleep, Lisaa notices the priestess climbing up towards the cave, waving her hand and smiling when she notices that Lisaa sees her. She also carries with her a rather large book.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk stands and waves in return, then turns to Lisaa and Sarah, his face quite serious.
    "Now we must decide: do we tell her?"

28. - Top - End - #208

Lisaa

"I say we shouldn't tell her, unless it is neccessary. But I trust her, I believe that she won't be too scared and that she will keep our nature secret.", says Lisaa and waves to Mia. "Hey, maybe she's also one of us ..."

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia arrives, flushed but smiling. "Ah. Great to see that you're all in good shape. I became worried when you didn't return. When Astrid returned and told me about your discoveries, I rember reading about them, and here is the book." She proudly displays the book for all to see. "The war of the beasts... hopefully this can shed some light."

"The Ninjizuishou, or the warriors of light, was a group of seven strange heroes. Led by the Mystic known as Michelle Ami, they created seven strange relics. The reason for this is currently unknown, as most history regarding them has been destroyed due to mysterious circumstances. What little is left describes only their leader..." "Here comes some description of her as a person. She is described as a very intelligent and strict person. She apparently also studied something called physics and chemistry, and was very skilled with math. Now this is something I found interesting. "Despite being described as a woman in the service of Good, she and her group allied themselves with the werecreatures during the war of the beasts. The reasons, and outcome, of this is not known. Rumour has it that the relics they created was used to seal away the greatest weapon of the werecreatures..."

Mia stops reading. "That is the only relevant information I could find I'm afraid. I am not sure how much we should trust this though. The book itself is pretty badly made, and seems to be based of rumours and prejudice rather than facts..." She glances around swiftly. "I don't know about you, but I am interested in finding out what all of this really is all about." Suddenly she realise what she has been doing and blushes. "Uhm... what have you found out?"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The shaggy-haired young man casts a sidelong glance to his new companions (including a strangely comatose hobgoblin) and then speaks
    "I think...we are interested too. I was visited by a spirit last night;" his features soften as he seems to recall the experience. "A powerful spirit of good and hope. She told me..." a slight hesitation "That to open this door iz first test that leads to a great truth." The young Miklagaardian spreads his calloused hands. "She told me much that you now know; Nijizuishou, Ami. She also told me that Ami was shapeshifter; a werewolf."
    Bronsk pauses to evaluate Mia's reaction.