New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Sasha

Sasha listens to the story with keen interest. She has never heard this tale, either from her parents or from the magic tomes she's read. Very intriguing. "If the dream-girl is right, then we have a good werewolf woman who led the 'warriors of light', and they used relics to seal something away." She looks pointedly back at the door, then to the others. "Coincidences abound."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia's features seem to slowly freeze. "A... a werewolf?" She suddenly says. "Nono, that can't be. That would make... no... sense... at all." She ponders the statement once more. "No... you're right. It makes perfect sense. Why else would she help the werecreatures? And the great truth... that's probably the "weapon" this book talks about. But I don't think it is a weapon. Why would they seal away a weapon that could grant them victory? No... something with that seal created a dark period where knowledge was lost. The truth, it has to be knowledge about such relics of the past. At least partly... ah I am rambling again, but I think that this is reasonable." She turns to Bronsk. "And if an angel really did approach you and told you to open the door as a test, it must mean that some grand plan is being set into motion, and we have to make sure that the plan succeeds." She stands up. "Ami is our best clue. I have spoken with a friend of mine in the Wayfarers guild. He needs someone to help him with some work, and he promised to help out by giving me access to the teleport chamber between Sapphire port and the capital. In return, I have to do him a few favours. You should use that chamber and travel to the capital. Visit the museum that holds the remaining items left behind by her, and see if you can find out more." She looks swiftly at everyone present. "At least... that is my suggestion." She finishes timidly.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young healer smiles in response
    "The Capitol! That would be grand adventure! Just...promise me I can still look through the library when we return, yes?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"I've never been in the capital, it is such a big city ... but it would be very interesting. To use a teleport chamber and see Ami's things in this museum.", says Lisaa and smiles.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia's face lights up. "Great. I will bring you there at once." She says and beckons for the group to follow her. "I presume you have all the things you need. I'll give you a few coins, enough to get yourselves some rooms at an inn and it should also cover the entrance fee to the museum." Mia states, impatiently waiting for her companions.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-02-15 at 04:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

The group returns to the city, where Mia leads them to a rather large building. Above the building there is a sign which reads "Wayfarers Guild: Sapphire Port". Mia opens the building and leads the group in. Inside the building they are greeted by a fair haired, tall man. "Greetings fair Mia. Are these the ones you were talking about?"

"Yes they are. Everyone, meet sir Reginald. Reginald is the leader of the Sapphire Port division in the Wayfarers Guild. He will allow you to use the Teleport chamber in return for helping him with a job. Reginald, this is sir Bronsk, sir Baztikk, miss Lisaa and miss Sasha."

"A pleasure to meet you. If you would be as kind as to follow me, I will instruct you on how to use the chamber, as well as the favour I need of you." He beckons for the group to follow him.

Mia smiles and bows gently to the group. "I have to leave you now. Is there anything you need me to do for you while you are gone, or something I should bring with me when I come after you later?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk offers a handshake and a stiff bow to sir Reginald. "But don't call me sir, please, "he appends, "Bronsk iz fine."

When Mia speaks, Bronsk turns towards her, apparently thinking hard. "It'z a guess...but maybe research werecreatures? I think iz vital hyu understand them. Goodbye, Mia." the healer says, with another small bow. "Hyu are a princely host!" he freezes. "Erm. I mean, not 'princely' of course, but, uh..." With another awkward bow, he hurries off after Reginald, his face distinctly red.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia smiles and waves goodbye. Reginald leads the group through a door in the end of the room, up a flight of stairs, and through a hall with several rooms. Over each room is a sign with the names of different large cities. He finally stops before one of the rooms. The sign above the door reads "Wayfarer HQ". "This is the room you're allowed to use." Reginald informs and opens the door. The room inside is... very empty, and very small. There is a small painted circle in the middle of the room. "The chamber is very simple to use. You simply have to enter that circle, and you will be instantly transported across the continent to the capital. Let me show you." He steps into the portal and disappears into thin air. A few seconds later, he reappears. "Any questions?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    "Fun!"
    Bronsk walks into the painted circle :D

10. - Top - End - #220

Lisaa

Lisaa nods. "Greetings, sir Reginald. This magic circle is really amazing. I feel honored that I may use it." She follows Bronsk to the circle and speaks to again to the mage. "How does this teleportation thing feel ?"
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Before he can answer, Bronsk and Lisaa feel themselves lifted up in the sky as their surroundings change. For what appears to be a short eternity, they fly through an empty void. The experience is both exciting and slightly frightening, but eventually the void changes into a room just like the one they left. The only exception being that they are alone in it. A few seconds later, Reginald and their two companions step through it. "Hopefully, this demonstration is better than how I can describe it." He nods sagely. "I will leave you to do what you need to do now. I'll call on you when I need your help." With another nod, he leads them out of the chamber and into the main room of the Guild Head Quarters. "The museum you seek is nearby. Just go out and left. Follow the path to the end, then turn right. The museum will be the third building to your right."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Flushed with excitement, the young healer steps out into the street, experiencing the capitol for the first time and looking around eagerly.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Remembering himself, Bronsk nods in a businesslike fashion and begins making his way to the Museum.

14. - Top - End - #224

Lisaa

"Hey, this was exciting, and not disconcerting. Many thanks.", says Lisaa to Reginald. Then she follows Bronsk into the streets of the capital.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

The capital is quite a sight. The buildings are all of quite high quality (using Sotonian standards) and the streets are packed with people. Lisaa and Bronsk have to push their way through the crowd in order to get to the Museum. The Museum itself is quite easily to distinguish, being made entirely out of wood, unlike the surrounding buildings. It has two floors and a strawroof, making it seem like a simple hut in the middle of a forest of brick buildings. Upon entrance, they see that the museum is built just like an old forest cabin, with an elderly man standing at the entrance. He smiles as the two of you enter. "Welcome." He says with a hoarse voice. "You have come here to watch my museum dedicated to the Great Michelle Ami, haven't you." He smiles. "Great, great. It will be one silver piece each, and you're free to enter."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young Nord grunts and extracts a silver piece from his belt pouch.
    "Thiz building...it is quite old? Or iz it in her style?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah. Nice eye you have there lad. Yes, this building is built to be an exact copy of the great Michelle's home in the forests just outside our fair city. That home still stands, even though it is older than the hills, just another testament to the great Michelle's power. But youngsters today, they don't care about history. So it fills my heart with great joy to see you kids wanting to see the relics handed down from one of the greatest women in history." The man suddenly coughs and accepts the coin from Bronsk. "Thank you, young man. I hope you find it both entertaining and educational. If you have any questions, please direct them to my daughter. She should be on the second floor."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    "Uh, yes. Thank you." Bronsk begins walking around the house, filing away the fact that the house still stands for later consideration.

19. - Top - End - #229

Lisaa

Lisaa gives the man a silver coin. "Here. It is a very nice building. I like it. And you say that the original still stands outside the city ?"

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes it does lass. Should be about one hour walking westwards. Quite an interesting building too. Apparently, there are secrets hidden there, not even my family has found. You're free to visit it if you like." The man nods with a smile.

As Bronsk walks around, he finds that the museum seems to contain several mundane items. A table, a few chairs, a bookshelf, all accompanied by a small plaque telling that object so and so belonged to Michelle, usually accompanied with some sort of praise towards her.

"This preciously adorned chair did once belong to the great Michelle... This bookcase is the only thing that remains of Ami's great library..."

To begin with, Bronsk can't help but feel slightly disappointed as there are no things that stand out, however walking through the mainroom of the building, he stumbles across a small blue coin encased in clear glass.

"This sapphire coin, known as "the teardrop of time" once belonged to the beloved Michelle Ami and is one of five magical relics left from her era. This beautiful coin is said to have the power to predict if an action will have a good or a bad outcome. Magical as it is, only those blessed by Ami can use the powers of the coin."

Looking further, he comes across a beautiful cup made of white gold, adorned with magnificent sapphires. A similar brass plaque rests on the table beside it, and on it is written...

"This sacred cup is "The chalice of dreams". It is one of five magical relics once in the possession of the grand maiden Michelle Ami. Never full and never empty, never does a liquid spill from it, unless it is to the holders intention, always will a drop of water remain in this cup, no matter how hard you try to empty it. This is only the surface of the powers said to be hidden in this cup. When filled to the brim with water, one can use it to see the dreams of others, or even speak with them from far away. It is protected however, and only those blessed by water may use the powers in this holy chalice."

Bronsk finds one final item like this on the first floor, a magnificent mirror made of gold, with a frame of sapphires.

"This mirror with reflection like the blue waves of water is the "Mirror of truth". It is one of five magical relics left behind from Michelle Ami, and it is said to be her greatest treasure. Those staring into the mirror will find that it reflects not your appearance, but your soul. No illusion can reflect in it's surface, and no unholy beast can stare in the radiant reflection it emanates. When held, a descendant of Ami may use it to call her realm into existence."

Bronsk finds himself staring into the mirror, when suddenly, his reflection changes to reflect his werewolf self. The sudden change startles him, but he still manages to notice an eerie glow from one of the two rooms on the second floor. The glow lingers for only a second, but he still manages to see it clearly enough to realize it was there, and not a figment of his imagination. Just at the same time, two women exit the other room. One is a beautiful lady, around 25 years old, with blonde hair and beautiful clothing. The other is a rather buff looking girl, with brown hair. The two talks about something, but he doesn't understand what they are saying, before the lady smiles and begins to descend the stairs. On her way out, she notices Bronsk and smiles gently at him before she leaves the building. The buff girl shrugs and returns into the room she just left.

21. - Top - End - #231

Lisaa

Lisaa follows Bronsk around in the museum. "Here are some interesting magical items of Ami. They seem quite useful ... I wonder if we need any of them to open the door ... and how we could get them then. I'd hate it to steal from these people."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-03-02 at 06:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    "Ehm?" Bronsk turns back to Lisaa with a start "Sorry, I was distracted..." He seems to mentally replay the conversation, and a pained look comes to his face "Stealing! No no no! Surely, Mia can arrange for loan of these artifacts for a few days? Or even just study? I will not steal from a museum; they iz special things. Close to spirits." He spreads his hands. "Ah...Lisaa; would hyu look into this mirror?" He points to the exhibit. "I feel the legends may be true: it sees the other half of me." He glances upstairs. "Excuse me."
    With measured tread, Bronsk ascends the steps leading to the glowing second room.
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-03-02 at 09:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

The room where the glow came from seems to be a small study with a window leading out to the back alley behind the museum. There are a few shelves, a desk with a few alchemists tools and a bookcase. There is also a beautiful sword with sapphires inlaid in the hilt. He cannot see any objects that could have been the source of the glow he saw earlier, but the sword is one of the five relics.

"This sword is called "the blade of Justice" It is one of five magical relics, and was Michelle Ami's trusted weapon when she judged the guilty. This sword chills to the bone, and can cleave through any chain of oppression, and any form of trickery, be it lie or deceit. Only a descendant of Michelle Ami may wield this weapon though. Anyone else will find their body frozen solid."

If Lisaa looks into the mirror, she will find that her reflection is that of her werewolf form.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Another man walks through and starts peering at the artefacts. He gives you a nod to say hello, but does not speak. He is fairly nondescript, a normal young man, pale skin, dark hair, but rather shabby for someone looking at museums. He wears quite thin clothes, you'd think he'd catch a cold, and has a backpack slung over one shoulder. He has a knife in his belt, and is fairly well muscled, but he doesn't give the impression of being a mighty warrior or anything. Just an ordinary young man, looking at the artefacts.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-03 at 10:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Lisaa

Lisaa gazes into the mirror but then quickly turns away from it. With a side glance to the young man the elf follows Bronsk into the small room. "What's wrong ? You seem somehow agitated ... was it the mirror ? I also saw my other form."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk scratches his head and looks around the room with some confusion.
    "Another relic, at least, but..." he turns around full circle "I thought I saw a glow from thiz room. The sword, maybe?" He sighs "I don't know. So many questions, but who can we ask?" striding outside the room, Bronsk glances down at the newcomer
    Hm...another visitor. With a somewhat awkward nod, Bronsk proceeds down the stairs and continues looking through the museum in search of the fifth relic.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh! You hear the young man cry out in shock. He's standing in front of the mirror, a startled expression on his face. He turns and walks quickly away, looking worried and glancing about furtively.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-03-03 at 01:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

The fifth relic isn't found on the first floor. Instead, Bronsk has to return to the second floor, to the other room where he first saw the two women, in order to find the fifth relic. The fifth relic is a white staff with a beautiful tip made of a sapphire. Unfortunately, the plaque that belongs to it is being held by the buff girl from earlier, and she is currently polishing it.

29. - Top - End - #239

Lisaa

Lisaa gives the young man a weird look. She follows Bronsk to the last relic. "Ami had a magic staff ? I wonder what powers it has ...", she says loud enough for the buff girl to hear.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl looks up. "Powers? This staff ain't got no powers. You been reading grandpa's old notes again?" She says relaxed. "Sorry to disappoint ya, but these pretty sapphire objects ain't got no magic powers. None that still work at least. I know it says so on them plaques, but ya shouldn't believe them. Yer just gonna get yerself fooled that way. Pa likes to think that them relics have some kinda magic mumbojumbo powers on em. He's obsessed with Ami. Ye can't trust him to speak truth 'bout her." She places down the plaque, and they both manage to read what it says on it.

"This staff is the "Staff of Compassion". It is one of five magical relics that once belonged to the Great Nymph Michelle. This magical staff has the ability to heal any wound, no matter how deep. The healing waves may only be commanded by a descendant of Ami though."

"But dinnae tell grandpa that I told ya this. He'll go bonkers." She extends her hand. "I'm Nina. The guard o' this ol' museum. Can I help ya with anything else?"