New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Bronsk
    The young Miklagaardian wrinkles his nose at the smell, putting the gauze back into one of the many pockets on his bulky belt. "Er. If someone's captured, I can help;" He taps the patch on his sleeve which identifies himself as a professional healer and herbalist "We're wasting time! Let's go!"

Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-03-06 at 11:14 AM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    I tried...

If you insist.

The laconic young man turns again and hurries towards where he heard the sound of retreating steps, pulling out his glaive as he does so in a smooth, practiced motion.

I get there first, maybe no-one else gets hurt.
    Last edited by paddyfool; 2007-03-06 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Not the only black-haired bloke in party (doh!)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    After a moment's hesitation, Bronsk retrieves the handaxe from his belt, its notched blade looking inconsequential in comparison. A thought seems to strike him "Ah, my name's Bronsk, by the way..."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen climbs down the stairs, however the sewers are quite dark. Too dark for him to navigate properly on his own.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh, hello, I'm Karl. I think I saw you earlier, at that little museum. Your accent... are you from Miklagard? I've just sailed here from there.

As he speaks, Karl runs after the other man. Wait, you need my light! he says when he catches up to him.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk hurries after Karl. "Yes, from Miklagaard. The streets; did hyu notice? They were empty!" He shakes his head and glances nervously from side to side. "That'z not usual for a capitol, maybe."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno know, I've only been here a few days. When he gets to the steps, he holds out his light so he can see, and walks carefully down.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

The elf draws the bow from her back. "I won't leave now. We also heard the scream." She quickly follows the men down into the sewers.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

The light allows the group to maneuver the sewers. They are forced to follow the sound of the footsteps, however, no matter how quick they run, they just become dimmer and dimmer. Eventually they are too faint for them to be able to dechiper where the sound comes from. Just to make matters worse, the light on Karl daggers slowly begins to diminish, showing that there isn't much time left before the spell will end. Just as the feeling of hopelessness is about to set in, they all notice an eerie, otherwordly glow appear in one of the tunnels further ahead. Bronsk notices that the glow is similiar to the glow he saw earlier in the museum.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Thinking quickly, Bronsk speaks. "We're losing them, but I may help; I am spirit shaman, and the spirits grant me power. I can become a wolf and seek them by scent. If someone would carry my things?" Hope they bought that. With that thought, Bronsk concentrates. With an audible crackle of muscle and bone, Bronsk shudders and hunches over, the muscles on his face flowing like lumpy paint and sprouting thick gray hair. After a moment, a gray wolf with bright yellow eyes stands where once stood Bronsk, draped incongruously in the long-sleeved shirt and pants. A quick shake and the wolf stands, the bulky belt yet clasped about its waist.
    Trying to ignore the overpowering scent of sewer, Bronsk tries to track the scent of anyone else passing through the sewer recently.
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-03-06 at 02:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281

Lisaa

Lisaa buys Bronsk's explanation as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Yonder is some strange light, let's see what we can find there ... carefully." She draws her shortsword - with her bow still in her left hand - and walks towards the glow.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl peers at the wolf oddly. Impressive shaman powers... He picks up Bronsk's things and puts them in his backpack. He follows the wolf towards the strange light.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

As they get closer, the light begins to fade, and when they get to the crossroads they saw the light from, it has already disappeared into another tunnel, as if it is trying to draw their attention.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The gray wolf advances cautiously, smelling the air to detect recent traffic through the sewer:

OOC: Survival to track via scent: 1d20+15 roll=15, Total 30
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-03-06 at 04:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Though the stench from the sewers are quite painful to his nose, Bronsk manages to detect the trail from a creature he is unable to identify, and a human. The trail seems to go in the same direction as the otherworldly glow.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    In wolf form, Bronsk seems much more intense and focused (insofar as it's possible to tell, with wolves.) With a glance at the others, Bronsk pads down the glowing tunnel.

17. - Top - End - #287

Lisaa

"'Tis strange, the light seems to lure us deeper in to the sewers. We should'n let this happen, let's go faster. But be on your guard." Lisaa quickens her steps and follows the light fleet-footed.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-03-06 at 05:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

True, we should be on our guard, whispers Karl. This could be a trap... why did whoever screamed earlier stop? Are they unconscious, or was it a ploy to lure us in?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Padding down the hallway, Bronsk peers through the golden haze that lingers over his vision.
    It's never been an issue until now, but communication with humanoids is problematic in this form...
    Yes...We'll work something out. Er. Once I find a place to get dressed.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

The light keeps on floating, the source always just outside view, always following the trail of scent. Eventually, the light fades, and is replaced by the sound of footsteps again. This time however, the footsteps doesn't sound hurried. Rather, it sounds as if there is someone pacing back and forth. The light from Karl's knife is almost gone now. It will probably not last more than a two more minutes. Estimating from the scent and the sound, Bronsk would guess that the one making the footsteps are about 100 feet away.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The wolf pauses for a moment and trots in front of his newfound companions and turns, blocking their path. He stares at them with yellow eyes for a moment, and then begins moving stealthily down the tunnel, keen eyes making the most of the low light.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl turns to Lisaa, and whispers You know him right? Did that mean he wants us to wait, or follow him?

23. - Top - End - #293

Lisaa

"I'm not sure, he never changed into a wolf before. I think he wants to scout for us. But I'll follow him, I can still see things in this little light. I don't want to leave him alone there. Follow me if you think that you are as silent as an elf." Lisaa moves stealthily towards the sound of the footsteps.

((Hide: 1d20+12 = 23; Move Silently 1d20+12 = 20))
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-03-06 at 06:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl follows carefully...

(Hide (d20+6)[26], Move Silently (d20+6)[18])

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen

I must talk to him later, Tyrgen thinks, as he watches the wolf Bronsk. He is happy to lapse into silence and to yield the lead position to the wolf, and feels slightly reassured by the cautious attitude of his newfound companions. Concerned about the unknown nature of the threat faced, he takes the hindmost position to guard against ambush, following as quietly as he is able in human form and silently cursing the faint clinking of his chain shirt.

(Hide: [roll](d20+4)[/roll]; Move silently[roll](d20+4)[/roll])

Hide: 1d20+4=23; Move silently: 1d20+4=16.
    Last edited by paddyfool; 2007-03-07 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Mucked up the dice-roller again. Thank goodness for the honour system.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

"Now?" A deep voice says in a low voice from the area of the footsteps.

The group carefully sneaks closer to the footsteps. They arrive at the crossroads nearest it, and peek around the corner.

"Not yet no. It still isn't late enough."

There, in the faint illumination from the open sewer grate above them, they spot two creatures. One is the female lady who left the museum while Bronsk and Lisaa were visiting. She was the one who just spoke.

"But why do we have to wait so long?"

The other is a tall creature, resembling a cross between a human and a lizard. Lisaa identifies it as a male Lizardfolk.

"Because it would do you no good to get captured mere hours after your escape. We have to maintain a low profile, so that they don't find you or suspect me. Besides, I'm going to need your help."

The two doesn't notice the groups approach.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl crouches against the wall, listening.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

"My help? With what?" The creature asks.

"Oh, nothing much. I'll tell you when the time is right." She finishes, and they both fade into silence again.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen watches and listens in confusion, primarily staring at the unfamiliar shape of the lizardfolk individual, although as a conditioned reflex he tries to see if the two are carrying any obvious weaponry.

(Spot: (d20+4)[17])

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen spots that the lizardcreature is carrying a makeshift club. He doesn't spot any weapons on the woman though.

"When is the time right then?" The lizard suddenly asks.

"Tonight. If we go out in daylight, you're sure to be spotted." The woman replies with a sigh of resignation.