New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Karl fishes out a gold piece. Here's my share.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Sighing softly, Bronsk reaches for one of the pouches on his belt and draws out six silver pieces.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

Lisaa draws a flat pouch from under her chain shirt and gives six silver pieces to the barkeeper.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Tyrgen forks over his six silver pieces as well, counting them out slowly with all-too-evident concentration. Wash first, then talk over dinner? he asks the others hesitantly.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young Miklagardian nods. "Yes." He sniffs the air. "Very yes."

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl sighs. Yeah, it's better not to smell of excrement when you're eating. Where are the baths?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

"There is a washroom in the shed next door. Just don't mistaken it for the toilett." The barman replies. "There should be some soap and a bucket of water there."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk nods and then opens the door. He nods once more towards Lisaa.
    "Ladies first?"

9. - Top - End - #429

Lisaa

"Thanks. It shouldn't take too long. I mainly have to clean my boots.", says Lisaa with a smile and slips past Bronsk into the room. She closes the door and after 5 minutes she is back again with clean boots and a bit refreshed.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl gestures for Bronsk to go in before him.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk smiles faintly. "Sure? I will take time." He makes a face. "Smelled with a good nose, it clings that much more to me."

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Yes, it does. But you should go first of us three, if only because you had the worst of it. I will go last. He says this last part with an air of finality.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Some minutes later finds Bronsk stepping out of the washroom, a fresh if somewhat rumpled shirt on his back and a relieved smile on his face.
    "That'z much better." giving a mock salute to Tyrgen and Karl, the young Nord takes a seat at one of the tables and waits for them.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

My turn. See you in a minute. He ducks into the bathroom.
    Five minutes later he comes back out, very clean and having changed some of his clothes. Ah, it feels good to be this clean. Reminds me of home.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Tyrgen takes his turn at a 5 minute scrub-up, and rejoins the group in the bar. He nods to the others on his return, then picks a table in the furthest corner from the other customer and takes a seat facing into the room.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

At around that time, the woman Sally arrives at the table with the food. The food isn't very impressive. Hard bread as the only food, and water to drink, but it is still enough to satisfy their hunger. Sally smiles briefly, giving her round face a motherly expression, before she places two keys on the table and turns to leave.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    I Shouldn't complain about bread and water two days in a row...but I could certainly go for some venison about now...
    Between crispy mouthfuls of bread, Bronsk addresses the other lycanthropes.
    "Hyu know, I think there's a reason we all are here. I said earlier that I am spirit-shaman, so I will tell you of a vision I had two nights ago."
    He lowers his voice somewhat, trying to keep his voice from distinctly reaching Sally or the inkeeper.
    "I met a powerful spirit. She called herself Angel of Hope, and she was beautiful." Bronsk smiles to himself at the memory.
    "She told me that our kind faces a test, one linked to the old hero Michelle Ami. There are some things most do not know about her and the ninjinshi; Michelle was, erm." Bronsk hesitates "Like us." he finishes lamely. He continues, "Something lies sealed away in a cave far from here, sealed by keys once held by Ami and the others. The Angel told me that to open thiz door iz essential. Therefore, Lisaa and I have been researching Michelle Ami."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Look, Karl interrupts. I'm not from here, I don't know anything about Michelle or the, uh, ninjinshi? I had a look at that museum because I'm interested in magic items, but I find it hard to read the local language, so I didn't learn much about her. Before the shocking revelations that only we know, can you tell me what everyone else knows about her?

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Quite a story. Two nights ago, and now they meet me... the first other werewolves I've ever seen. Can it be true?

Tyrgen answers Karl shortly: "A hero, out of childhood stories. Lived a long time ago. There. You know as much as I do."
    Then, turning back to Bronsk, he says:
    "That's... some story. Um. You seem like good people... If I can help, I will. And I want to talk about the ... other thing ... too, but maybe later." With that, Tyrgen closes his uneven response, feeling tongue-tied.
    Last edited by paddyfool; 2007-03-30 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Missed Ozzy's post owing to distraction in the middle of my own one.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk looks a little embarassed after Karl's interruption
    "Sorry. Thiz is all new to me, too." He clears his throat of a few errant crumbs with a swig of lukewarm water. He takes a deep breath
    "Okay...So Ami and the nijizuishou were...adventurers? Heroes, I guess. Together they built the door, and locked it with seven keys. Ami's key helps us find the others, so we searched there first. I think..." Bronsk pauses and scratches the stubble on his lean chin, " Those artifacts in the museum are important to thiz. Lisaa and me, we know a scholar who researches Ami, and would help us find out more about them. Also, Ami's real house still stands. We should go sometime. "

21. - Top - End - #441

Lisaa

"Yes. You said that Baztikk and Sasha see about the artifacts in the museum ? Then we should probably go to Ami's old home tomorrow.", says Lisaa and looks at the food. "A meagre meal. Out in the wilds I could hunt and gather tastier things. But it is cheap and satiating."

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen

"True. I don't like city food either, and sometimes miss hunting my own food too" But I won't go back to that life either. A grin that had briefly appeared on Tyrgen's face at the thought of better eating fades, then, more seriously, he resumes: "The plan sounds good to me. You know more about this than I do, and I'm willing to trust you. I hope the same is true for you."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

The other guest in the bar looks curiously at the four of you, before it stands up and leaves the inn.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'll help you, as long as we can get some money or stuff to sell. I don't have much left.

25. - Top - End - #445

Lisaa

"I'm glad that you want to help us. Money could be a problem though. So far we haven't found anything of worth. We only found this door in the mountains that we can't open.", says Lisaa. "I don't know if Mia or the church of Iris can help us with funds."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

The barman walks up to you briskly and interupts your conversation. "We're closing now." He says bluntly, obviously expecting you to take the hint.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Looking a little annoyed, Bronsk makes ready to go.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, we can continue this conversation in our rooms.

29. - Top - End - #449

Lisaa

"Mhm." Lisaa stands up to go to the rooms. "Two rooms ? Then I share a room with Bronsk."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk Siefsson
    The young Nord stumbles as he rises, blushing red.
    "Erm. I'll take the floor ov course," he says, his accent much thicker as he stumbles over the words, and hurries off to check on the arrangements.