New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

The rooms are incredibly simple. They lack many things which could make the stay more comfortable, but at least there is a lockable door to the rooms. The room consist of one simple bed, and an "extra" bed, which is a blanket and a pillow on the floor. There is a window leading out that is currently open, but that can be closed by wooden shutters. Other than that, there is nothing in the room.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl sighs. Well, at least it's cheap. So Tyrgen, toss a coin for the bed?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"So, do we want to continue our talk in one of the rooms or is it time for you to sleep ?", asks Lisaa.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

No, let's talk for a bit. Karl sits down on his bed. Come on everyone, in here.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Having regained his composure somewhat, Bronsk takes a seat on the floor, crossing his legs beneath himself.
    "We were getting some odd look downstairs. Do hyu think there will be trouble?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

6. - Top - End - #456

Lisaa

"Why should we ? Well, someone might have eavesdropped on us. We talked about Ami and her nijizuishou friends and about the museum. But nothing illegal. They'd just think that we are a bunch of odd venturers."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl grins. Yes, adventurers always talk of strange things.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk pipes in "So, let's talk more of strange things." He passes a hand across his brow wearily.
    "I think tomorrow we should either return to the museum and try and find out more about the artifacts, or go visit Ami's house in the wild. In the wild, Lisaa and I can provide for us, easy. Cities..." Bronsk waves a hand. "I'm not good with them. Too many people."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Nodding in sympathy, Tyrgen replies "I'm the same. I have tried to live here, so that I could get used to people again. But it would be easier in the wilds." and this time I won't be alone. His eyes flickering around the room nervously, he then starts on what really interests him. "So...now we are alone... what does it mean to you, that we are... what we are? All I know of this is my own past, and ugly stories."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    "It'z...more complicated here. At my home, it was very simple; as shaman, iz not strange for me to take the shape of a wolf. I think..." Bronsk rocks back and forth a little as he watches the ceiling for a moment. "I think we have more...potential? For great good or great evil, if we choose it. Vakri tells me I'm being simple, but I think it can be that simple. I think it iz gift, even if we are feared because of it."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

A gift and a curse. Karl's face looks grim. Make no mistake. Lycanthropy is a plague. Anyone who gets scratched or bitten by you in your non-human forms may develop it. And they don't keep control of themselves when transformed, they become raging beasts, killing anyone close to them, even their own families. Anyone who survives their attack may also develop the curse, and soon you have an epidemic.

12. - Top - End - #462

Lisaa

"The infected are the real problem, for them it is a curse. But for those who are born with lycanthropy it is different. It can be a gift of great power. It is their own decision and behaviour how to use this power. Some abuse it and turn it into a curse.", says Lisaa. "If you have to fight someone in your non-human form then fight to kill, not to injure."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young healer sighs and locks his fingers together.
    "I hope it never comes to that. Besides...I was told that only the bite of...our kind could change another?"

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

No, claws as well.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Looking down at his hands, and remembering well their other shape, Tyrgen nods. This all ... tallies, I think. Lowering his voice to a whisper, he goes on slowly: But ... I must say something else. I do not know how it is where you come from. Here, if the people find out what you are, and they catch you, they will cut you up and burn the pieces.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl smiles wryly. Ah, reminds me of home.

17. - Top - End - #467

Lisaa

[smart ass]"No, no. It is only the bite1 of a werewolf that carries the disease.[/smart ass] But with what else do you fight when you are a wolf ?", says Lisaa. "Back home in my village werewolves are accepted - well, those who are born as werewolves. But it is different in the human lands and also in many elven lands. I've kept my nature secret from all humans but one."

1:
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-04-04 at 01:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen

You were accepted? Why would you leave?

19. - Top - End - #469

Lisaa

"I decline to talk about it."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk sighs. "It'z much easier when you travel; a healer never lacks welcome and rarely stays long. Now me," He taps himself on the knee. "I left to see the world and learn more about it and the spirits that live there. Also; herbs."

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Sounds nice, Tyrgen replies, with just a hint of envy. I ... well... I don't want to talk about it either. Sorry.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, good 'ol 'erbs, eh?
    Karl grins. I'm amazed, Lisaa, that anywhere accepts werewolves. I've never heard of anywhere that does. Must be quite a culture shock leaving to somewhere with such a different attitude.

23. - Top - End - #473

Lisaa

"No. I knew how the attitude towards werewolves would be in human lands. It is quite comprehensible - unlike some other customs."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    The ghost of a smile floats on Tyrgen's lips again as he waits to hear more.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk laughs. "Yes. Humans, we...er, Zusammbauen...uh...Build?" he shakes his head and coughs. "We build our culture as we go along, not like the elves."
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-04-08 at 09:23 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Nodding, in agreement, Tyrgen answers "True. And much of what we built is very strange, even if what is strange seems normal to most. I grew up ... in the countryside. Coming into the city showed me how odd men are in both." Wolf ways make much more sense.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

"Damn." A petite voice suddenly says. The group hears the sound of cloth being ripped and the sound of someone very light moving on the roof above them.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl looks up in shock. Someone was listening!
    (Is there a window in this room?)

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

(Yes, there is an open window inside the room.)

30. - Top - End - #480

Lisaa

Lisaa runs to the door and opens it. On the floor she looks for a stairway that leads up.

((Spot: 1d20+11 = 18))

Spoiler
    Show