Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1381
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Amiria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Weltmeisterland

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Lisaa

    "Alright, but I can take one of them.", says the elf and puts the backpack on again. "No, she didn't return yet. But she said the we should leave without her and that she'd catch up with us. The city is big, I have no idea how much time she needs to get to this wizard ... and convince him to help us."
    Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Avatar by Chris the Pontifex !

    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Bronsk bites his lip thoughtfully as he slings the tools across his shoulders, and nods, finally.
    "Yes. We should quickly go. I will carry these tools, M'lady." He turns back to the child. "Hurry! lead us to your friend."
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Little_Rudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere that smells like cow
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Sasha

    For a moment, Sasha was quite apalled with her employer, and debating raising a fuss until he finally deigned to help. So very kind of him. "Thank you so much, sir. I'll return with these immediatly." She promises, loading the scrolls carefully into her bag, and bending a corner of each one to remind her which were her bosses and which were hers. She sticks the wand carefully into her belt, next to her ivory one, being quite careful not to accidently set it off; she one accidently struck herself in the leg with a Magic Missile doing this, and limped for a week. With a respectful curtsy, the sorceress takes her leave, half-sprinting through town in hopes of finding the man and the elf before they leave.
    Thanks to tape_measure for the nifty Shanti avatar!

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maryring's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bergen

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    The girl nods slightly, then begins to pull in Bronsk and Lisaa. "Yes. We must hurry. Must not keep Mia and Bing waiting. She and Bing maybe harmed and maybe hurting." They begin to walk through the streets, towards the exit. As the exit is getting nearer, they hear the sound of someone running behind them, and notice Sasha barely catching up with them.

    After much walking and chatter from the young girl, they finally find themselves arriving at the scene. Before them, they see a large part of the mountain side covered in mostly round rocks of all different sizes. "It was here... I think." She says and points to a large rock surrounded by several smaller ones, which seems to cover a cavern of sorts. "Mia. Are you in there?" The young girl shouts towards the rock.

    "Yes. I'm here. And you're not going to believe what I found. Oh, but that can wait. Did you find someone to help?" A feminine, young yet mature voice calls out.

    "Yes. We're gonna get you out, and Bing too." She then turns to the group who promised to help her. "Please help me get Mia out."

    (The area is quite similar to the picture below. Mia should be buried beneath the uppermost part of the rockslide, with some rocks above her cavern, but most below.)
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-01-10 at 02:08 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Bronsk heaves a sigh of relief that this 'Mia' is still all right.
    "We'll haf hyu out of there in just a minute!" the lean Nord hefts the pick and strides up towards the top of the scree, and begins clearing away rock.
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Amiria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Weltmeisterland

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Lisaa

    Lisaa looks at the mass of stones, lies her bow to the ground and takes off her cloak and backpack. "Only one pick ... the shafts of the showels will break if we use them as levers." She begins to roll, shove and throw away the smaller rocks that lie in front and atop of the cave.
    Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Avatar by Chris the Pontifex !

    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Little_Rudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere that smells like cow
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Sasha

    As the two more physically able people go to work on the rocks, Sasha slowly draws the black and green wand from her belt. Hopefully, her employer knew whay he was talking about. "Okay, sir, let's see what this does..." She whispers, and experimentally points the wand at the rocks near where the man is digging, praying that it works.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming a Spellcraft roll to activate the wand blindly...
    Spellcraft - (1d20+10)[30]
    Thanks to tape_measure for the nifty Shanti avatar!

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    ======OOC: Rudo, I think it's Use Magic Device========
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maryring's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bergen

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    As Sasha probes the wand, the knowledge of the contained spell flows into her mind, and she identifies it as Lesser Orb of Sound. She whispers the activation word and a piercing clear sound shoots out from the wand and into the rocks. One of the rock cracks and breaks into several small pebbles. Lisaa and Bronsk meanwhile move most of the rocks, and finally, there only seems to be a few stones that are too heavy to budge for even Bronsk. There is also the huge rock blocking the cave entrance, which not even everyone together manages to budge an inch.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Bronsk wipes a bit of sweat from his brow as he tries to catch his breath after the most recent attempt
    "Whew! This one will not move. Can hyu use the wizard's wand on this one?" he asks, apparently talking to Sasha.
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Amiria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Weltmeisterland

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Lisaa

    Lisaa breathes heavily and schlepps herself out of the way. She rests against a rock and drinks from her waterskin. "Yes, try to weaken it with some well-placed shots. Then we can shatter it to pieces with the pick."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-10 at 04:55 PM.
    Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Avatar by Chris the Pontifex !

    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Baztikk

    From the other side of the hill, anyone listening can hear a scramble of rocks and a wolfish growl. Over the course of a few mintues, the sound of clattering rocks seems to move across the ridgeline above the rockslide.

    Eventually, a small well-dressed hobgoblin pops his head over the side of the ridgeline, carefully eyeing the assembled group.

    [Sotonian]"These rocks, nasty unstable little blighters, wot? You all out 'ere on a pleasure cruise or som'ing?"[/Sotonian]
    Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Bronsk's eyes widen as he sees the creature above the rocks and hears its unitelligable babbling "Zunds! Aef Trunchkin!" He steps forward a pace and brandishes the pick at the hobgoblin
    "Stay back!Lisaa, Sasha, watch out; there are more maybe!"
    Careful, Bronsk...
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Little_Rudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere that smells like cow
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Sasha

    Sasha was busy aiming the new wand, looking for a good place to fire the shot, when the sudden appearance of a strange man caused her to yell the activation word in surprise, releasing an unexpected blast of sound into the rock. Turning, she draws not her dagger, but an ivory wand at the creature. As nice as it is to hear her mother tongue and not the commonly-used traders talk, she'd heard enough stories of robbers on the paths to know to be wary.
    Thanks to tape_measure for the nifty Shanti avatar!

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    [Common]"Oy! Watch where you're waving that stick; you'll have som'uns eye out if you're not careful. Wish you adventuring types would stop 'ssuming that there's naught but bandits outside the city walls; why on'y last week I got a nasty scratch from some would-be hero."

    The hobgoblin pauses, and then sets down his pack slowly.

    "Perhaps I should indroduce me'self. Name's Baztikk, commisioned guard for the Trader's Union for the better part of two years. Here's me papers; most people don't believe me until they see them. Though honestly, most people don't believe me after they see them either."

    The hobgoblin slowly unfolds a piece of paper tucked into his waist. An arcane mark glows a brilliant yellow on the page, and the contract indeed describes the terms of the hobgoblin's legitimate employment as a caravan guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Amiria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Weltmeisterland

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Lisaa

    Lisaa is quite flabbergasted by the sight of a well-dressed sontonian-speaking hobgoblin. Eventually she picks up her bow and stands up. [Sontonian]"So, this sounds interesting. And what are you doing here ?"[/Sontonian], asks the elven woman.
    Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Avatar by Chris the Pontifex !

    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Baztikk

    The yellow-skinned hobgoblin bows slightly to the elf, appreciating her recognition of his linguistic skills.

    [Sotonian]"I were out hunting; nothin' like fresh rabbit, eh? I hear you lot making a ruckus, and decide to come see what's the commotion all about."

    [Common]"So what's all this about, then? Unless you all be the rock-breaking brigade, I imagine there's something you're looking for. Mayhaps I can help?"


    The hobgoblin gives an uncomfortable look at the pick still brandished his way, but tries to put on his most diplomatic face.
    Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maryring's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bergen

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    The blast from the wand managed to create several cracks in the large rock, but it didn't do enough damage to it so that it crumbled.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Amiria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Weltmeisterland

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Lisaa

    "There is someone trapped in a cave. This rock is the last obstacle." Lisaa climbs onto the rock against which she was leaning earlier and turns to the healer. "He is nice enough and this writ looks legit. I think it is safe if you use that pick for its designated purpose."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-11 at 02:49 PM.
    Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Avatar by Chris the Pontifex !

    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Bronsk lowers the pick warily, but seems a bit more relaxed now that casual conversation seems to be happening, nonethless, his voice is tense as he says "If hyu wish, M'lady." He turns to the hobgoblin with a scowl on his face "I am Bronsk. If hyu wish truly to help, help us move this rock."
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-01-11 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Simu-Ninja'd by Amiria
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    "A rescue? How thrilling! Not foh them, o'course. Now, moving that stone. Looks nasty heavy, but I'll do what I can."

    From the top of the cliff, the hobgoblin grabs his pack and then slowly picks his way down to where everyone else is. He examines the rock carefully to see if there's anywhere that he can get some leverage on it to help push.

    Search:(1d20+6)[16]
    Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maryring's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bergen

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    There is a small crack between the rock and the cave beneath. With a lever, and a lot of strength, you might be able to tip it over and make it roll down the mountainside. Through the crack, you can also barely make out two shapes. One that looks like a dog, and one that looks like a human.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Baztikk

    Putting his mouth to the crack, Baztikk calls into the cave.

    "Allo in there! Don't worry yourself, we'll 'ave you and yer pup out of there in no time."

    Turning back to the group, he points to the crack that he found.

    "I think we can pry this rock away, but we'll need summat like a crowbar. Any of you got something along those lines?"
    Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Amiria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Weltmeisterland

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Lisaa

    The elf rolls her eyes and smiles dryly at the healer. "I told you to get a crowbar, didn't I ? Well, but the four of us might tip it over if all push it together." She lies the bow down again and climbs to the top of the rock.

    ((I guess this can work as a Strength check for the strongest character (Bronsk ?) and the others use the Aid Another action.))
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-11 at 04:32 PM.
    Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Avatar by Chris the Pontifex !

    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Bronsk looks bashfully downwards and coughs "Sorry. I was rushed." he straightens up again and wedges the pick into his oddly-bulky belt and clambers up to the top, following Lisaa.
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Little_Rudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere that smells like cow
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Sasha

    "Hold on, I think I can loosen it up a bit." Sasha declares, eagerly removing a marked scroll from her pack. Unrolling the parchment, arcane words can be seen written in luminescent ink that seems to shift and shimmer on its own across the page. Her trained eyes follow the words carefully, and holding the parchment in one hand, she begins to recite the words in a strange tongue, using many strange hissing and clacking syllables. Her free hand, her right one, draws a strange gesture in the air, before she steps forward and places her hand where the boulder and the surrounding rock meet each other.

    Casting Grease
    Thanks to tape_measure for the nifty Shanti avatar!

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maryring's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bergen

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    At first, the stone barely seems to budge, however, once Sasha completes her magic spell, it becomes much simpler. She and the young girl barely have enough time to get away from the rock before it comes tumbling down, thanks to the combined efforts of Lisaa, Bronsk and Baztikk.

    "Ah, thank you so very much." The young girl squeals and dashes into the cave. From where she is standing, Sasha can see both the girl named Mia and the dog she had just helped. Mia is a beautiful maiden with red and blue hair. She is clothed in a cloak coloured in all the colours of the rainbow, and she is holding several scrolls. The dog is a rather large dog, almost resembling a wolf except for its docile behaviour. What is behind them seems far more interesting though. Right behind Mia is a large door, built into the wall of the cave. The entire door seems to be covered in strange markings which she can't dechiper from where she is standing.

    Mia, the girl and the dog all walk out of the cave, and Mia bows respectfully before Sasha. "Thank you so much for getting me out of there and taking care of Astrid for me."

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Bronsk clambers down from above the cave mouth, his shirt made dirty by dust and sweat. He bows stiffly, ruffled hair waving about his head. His voice is thick and accented as he says "Of course. It is our pleasure." He peers behind her at the doorway in the mountain. "What iz that?"
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Little_Rudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere that smells like cow
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Sasha

    Sasha grins and mimics the bow in return. By her garb, the woman seemed to be a follower of Iris, and therefore due some respect. "It was my pleasure, though the men and the elf did most of the heavy work, I'll admit." She speaks politely, but her eyes keep getting drawn to the door, like a child's to candy. After a few strained moment, she's unable to resist. "Excuse me, I must see..." Leaving that statement there, she steps around the woman and hurries to the door, growing excitement at some great discovery.
    Thanks to tape_measure for the nifty Shanti avatar!

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

    Baztikk

    The hobgoblin doesn't join the rush towards the runed door, and instead squats down on the ground with his hand outstretched to the dog. He calls to it quietly, offering it a piece of dried rations he draws from his belt pouch.

    "Poor little fellow...that couldn't have been fun."

    Baztikk looks up from the dog for a moment, and looks right at Mia.

    "That's a lot of scrolls you're carrying there. What brought you up to this neck of the woods?"

    ((OOC: Using lycanthropic empathy and diplomacy on the dog. Other lycanthropes might notice me communicating.))

    Diplomacy: (1d20+9)[28]
    Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •