New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

And it's near, grumbles Karl. I just want to sleep.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"Well, then let's go to that place and hope for the best."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Tyrgen agrees with Bronsk and Karl, the group heads back to the original inn. Despite Lisaa's worry, nothing bad happens to them. And they sleep until the next morning, when the four are awakened by a ruckus outside their windows. Outside, a small group of poor children are running away from a guard, carrying their stolen loot. A few breads and a slice of meat. As the children run into an alley, one, the biggest one, stops and turns towards the guard. He slams a club against the guard chasing them, causing the guard to stumble and fall down before the kid continues to run after the other children. Only seconds later several other guards come and help the man back on his feet, before they continue chasing the children into another alley, and out of sight from the windows of the two rooms the group has rented.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-05-03 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Tab+Enter is a bad combination for making posts earlier than they should be made.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    jogging over to the stricken officer, Bronsk thinks to himself
    Does a day EVER pass in this city where someone doesn't get a concussion or nearly killed?
    half-kneeling down, Bronsk rests a hand on the man's shoulder.
    "Are hyu all right, sir?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl just shakes his head. It's like I've gone back in time, he mumbles.

6. - Top - End - #696

Lisaa

"Huh ? Did you also have to steal food to survive when you were a child ?", asks Lisaa. "It's a shame ... so much goes wrong in the big cities of the humans. They are unnatural."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

That's not what I meant. It's just that the cities of this country are so primitive, like something from a hundred years ago.

8. - Top - End - #698

Lisaa

"Hmm, I don't know. I haven't lived that long in human cities. In fact, I prefer to not spend too much time in them.", says Lisaa. She keeps looking out of the window at Bronsk and the battered guard.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, I'm fine." The guard replies. "I just have to catch my breath, that kid can hit hard" Then, just as he finishes replying, the sound of someone swearing in pain, followed by the sound of something heavy falling down is heard from the alley. "Ah, excuse me. I have to return to my job." The guard replies as he runs into the alley.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Straightening up, Bronsk walks back to the inn. Carefully shutting the door and the window, Bronsk retrieves a small handful of grass he'd bought from outside the city and a cup of water from the tavern. Opening the shirt-bundle carefully, Bronsk observes the rabbit carefully and lays out the food.
    "I don't know if hyu can hear me...but we'll change you back, if we can."

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl gets up and locks the door and window. We don't want her to get away if you can restore her.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk laughs. "Hyu overestimate me, I'm afraid. I don't know how it was done, or even if it CAN be undone. But yes," A more serious expression returns to his face. "A rabbit is not a bad life, but without having live as a rabbit...I fear she would not last long."

13. - Top - End - #703

Lisaa

"I wonder if she can still understand us. Maybe she has changed both in body and mind into a rabbit.", says Lisaa. "Let's have breakfast too. We gotta talk with the curator. I hope that he'll allow us to keep the artefacts for a while. Then we might return to Sapphire port already today."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl scratches his chin. Do you have any ideas of how to change her back Bronsk?

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Scratching his head, the young Nord replies "I...don't know. A powerful spirit might do it, but it would need to want to."

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

After a failed attempt at biting Bronsk when he delivered the food, the bunny sniffs on the food, then turns away proudly, not willing to touch any of the food offered.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk looks at Lisaa. "Well, she's definitely still herself." He picks up a small roll left over from breakfast and breaks off a section of it. "Can hyu understand me?"

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

The rabbit swings it's head wildly in something that looks like a clumsy nod.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk nudges the bread and water towards the rabbit. "We don't know how this happened to hyu...but we'll do what we can to bring you back; A rabbit's life can be hard for those who haven't lived it."
    He shakes his head for a moment and looks at Lisaa and Karl.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl shrugs. I'm afraid I have little idea how to change her back, as I don't know what magic was used to change her into a rabbit. My guess would be that you'll need a Break Enchantment spell, which is quite a difficult one to master. We'll need to find a pretty powerful spellcaster. You could try a simple Dispel Magic first though.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    "The other thing iz..." Bronsk hesitates, clearly not liking the taste of what he's about to say, "she does know things. Things about us that we'd rather no one knew. If we restore her, how do we keep her from seeking revenge by telling people?"

22. - Top - End - #712

"Maybe she'll change her mind about us if we don't eat her ... and treat her well ... and somehow manage to change her back. Why would she want revenge anyway ? She brought this upon herself.", says Lisaa.

"Maybe sir Reginald knows what to do or change change her back. He is certainly a powerful mage."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

It doesn't matter what she says anyway. Why should anyone believe a thief who attacked a defenceless old museum curator? We can just say she's making up crazy stories.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes. I don't think she can harm us by revealing her secret. After all, who will believe that a group of... "monsters" would let her live?" Tyrgen adds. "I'm more worried about accociates she might have. First of all, I think we should find out why she wanted the relics, before we try to find a way to cure her."

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

How can we do that without curing her? I'm not an expert on interrogating rabbits, are you?

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Sighing to himself, Bronsk retrieves the rabbit and reseals it in the shirt.
    "I maybe can talk to it. I'll need an hour or so to talk to Vakri."

Moving off to an unclaimed section of the wooden floor, Bronsk dips a hand into one of the pouches on his belt and retrieves a few dyed and carved sections of cedar wood and a handful of small stone animals. Arranging them carefully about the floor, Bronsk sits and prepares to contact Vakri to retrieve the day's blessings.

[OOC: Switching Magic Stone out for Speak with Animals]
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-05-08 at 09:47 AM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl sighs. I guess I ought to be doing the same. He sits down on a bed and starts to meditate.

28. - Top - End - #718

Lisaa

While Bronsk and Karl prepare/change their spells, Lisaa walks to the Wayfarer's Guild to to ask when they might be transported back to Sapphire port.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

Not long after Bronsk and Karl has finished meditating, Lisaa and Tyrgen return to the room, and with them is the priestess Mia. She makes a gentle curtsey to both Bronsk and Karl. "Hello Bronsk. Nice to see you again. Hello Karl. It is a pleasure to meet you."

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Clambering to his feet, Bronsk manages an awkward bow. "Good to see hyu again too. Has Lisaa told hyu of our fuzzy guest?"