New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Lisaa

Lisaa climbs down to the opening and bows slightly. "My pleasure." She casts a side glance at the hobgoblin and the dog but then she also looks a the large door behind Mia.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

The great dog seems to respond gently to Baztikk's offer, and gently takes the treat offered. Mia smiles towards Baztikk and strokes the large dog. "I'm... honestly not sure. I can see it is a door but... I have never heard anyone mention it before. I took Astrid up here to teach her a little about Lady Shiba and nature. We weren't planning on going here, since the area isn't very safe, and it is quite far from town, but Bing sensed something. The two of us chased after him up here, and I found him standing outside this cave. Before I could get him to leave, the rockslide was triggered, and I had to get both of us into the cave in order to avoid being killed by the rocks. Luckily Astrid wasn't caught in the rockslide, so she managed to get away and get help. That is, you." She smiles a grateful smile at the three standing before her. "While she was gone, I noticed the door and tried to understand what it means, why it is here and what it is all about. Unfortunately, I can't answer as to why it is here, or why no one knows about it. The scrolls are mostly about Lady Shiba, but two of them are blank, and the other two I've used to write down the runes and symbols on the door... Oh. Pardon my rambling. I tend to talk away and forget what I'm speaking about, or who I talk with. I feel that I need to repay you for helping me out and taking care of Astrid. Do you want some money perhaps? Or access to the Church Library? Or perhaps a place to stay? You seem like travellers. Oh... there I go blabbering again. You really have to apologize." Mia replies with a blush.

After carefully looking at the door, Sasha has to resign and realise that she does not understand what the runes mean. There is no drawings to get a meaning from either. Only seven strange symbols close to oddly shaped holes in the door.

The symbols resemble

A green

A white

A red

A yellow

A blue

A purple

And finally, a brown
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-01-12 at 06:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk clears his throat, looking a bit uncomfortable. "I could not ask for a boon; it'z only what should be done." he rubs the back of his neck, looking no one in the eye. "But...if the Church library holds teks on medicine or herbs...I would enjoy a visit, sometime?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

A deep, regretful sigh escapes Sasha as she realizes that the runes are indeciphrable, as of now. Such a shame, a wonderful opportunity wasted. With a last, longing look, she turns and returns to the group. "I'm not a traveler, I'm employed as a wizard's aide in the city. And I wouldn't mind some coin; I'm a student, and always in need of wands and scrolls."

5. - Top - End - #65

Lisaa

Lisaa smiles and quickly ponders over Mia's chatter. "I'm Lisaa. There is no need for remuneration. But a meal and a roof for the night would be nice. We traveled quickly for several hours and then removed all those rocks. I'm quite worn out and the day is getting short."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

The hobgoblin scratches the friendly dog behind the ears, pleased to see how well it responded to him. He then looks at Mia appreciatively.

"Um, well. Can't say that I can take much credit for the rescue...only came along at a lucky time is all. That been said...I wouldn't half mind getting a nice roof for the night. Not always a simple job, getting meself a friendly inn. Besides, can't say I'd mind chatting to your lovely dog a little more."

Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course. Just drop by the church tomorrow and I'll arrange it so that you're allowed to use the library." She turns to Lisaa and Baztikk. "And I'm sure I can find some housing for you tonight. I will take care of that." She then turns to Sasha. "Unfortunately, I can't pay you much but..." She pulls out a small purse and empties the contents in Sasha's hand. A few gold coins and a few jewels glimmers and glows in the light. Sasha counts the valuables to be worth approximately 50 gold coins.

"Yes. And now we go back home. Mia and Bing is safe, so I am happy. You have all been very nice." Astrid suddenly bursts out. "Mia, can I go home now?"

"Yes, of course. Let's go back." She turns to the group. "You're going to come back with us right?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk smiles.
    "Jah, of course. I'm just glad hyu are both well."
    He brown eyes shine with excitement as he thinks ahead to browsing the library.
    Just think what I can learn!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

Looking around at the others, the hobgoblin flashes a very friendly smile. He picks up his pack, settling it on his shoulders, before falling into step behind the dog. As they start to depart, he pauses for a moment.

"Say...I can't help but think that there might be summat valuable behind that fancy door. After all, people don't just build those sorts of things for no good reason. I'd like to have a poke 'round ere tomorrow, see what I can unearth. Any of you interested in joining me? We might get more out of it by pooling our resources."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

The sorceress quickly coints the coins, then slides the bag into a pocket of her robes, reminding herself to add it to her purse later. "I appreciate your generosity, and I am glad everything turned out all right." She nods to the woman, then turns her attention to Baztikk, her eyes shining at his proposal. "I would love to come back with you tomorrow! Any chance to learn more about this door would be amazing..."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

"So you're going to return here tomorrow?" Mia asks. "Well, I can understand that. I have to admit that I'm a bit curious as well. Want me to help sir... hmm. Now that's funny. I don't think I've gotten your names."

12. - Top - End - #72

Lisaa

"Yes, I also want to take a closer look at this door tomorrow.", says Lisaa and picks up her cloak, backpack and bow. As the group starts to walk she turns to Mia. "As I said, I'm Lisaa."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk gives an aggrieved look "I am Bronsk Siefsson, healer and herbalist" He indicates the patch in his shoulder, as he hurredly gathers up the tools
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-01-13 at 12:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"As I said, me'name's Baztikk. Caravan guard extraordinairre! Now, let's get ourselves back into the city before dark falls. We'll all be needing good meals and some rest if we're to accomplish much tomorrow."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

"I am Sasha Corrine, it's a pleasure to meet you." Sasha grins happily at Mia as she talks. "If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind joining you all for dinner myself; the kitchen's a bit bland at the wizard's place."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lisaa, Bronsk, Baztikk and Sasha. Those are some nice names. I am Methraniane Neraniane Tsukino, priestess in the service of Lady Iris. But call me Mia. That is the name I use among friends." She takes Astrid's hand, and the group begins the travel back to Sapphire Port. The trip back is quite uneventful and they are back in the city as the sun fades in the horizon and the moon rises into the heavens. At the gates, Astrid waves goodbye as she runs home, while Mia leads her guests to the church of Iris. The building itself is a quite large building, consisting of a square white base, with a dome in all the colours of the rainbow on the top. Along the walls, several windows of stained glass depicts various saints of Iris. Mia takes the group through the garden and through a side entrance normally reserved for those who live in the church. Mia leads them up some stairs, through a hallway and into one of the rooms in the hallway.

The room is quite, consisting of a bed for one person, a bookshelf filled with books and a table with six small chairs next to it. The only light into the room comes from a window with its shutters only partially closed. On the table is a wax candle, a pestle and mortar and two bowls. One seems to have been often have had burning things in it. "This is my room. If you would please stay here while I arrange food and lodging for you." Mia says before she leaves the room.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

Walking over to the bookshelves, Baztikk begins to peruse the topics, but carefully doesn't touch any of them. As he looks, he speaks in a quiet, slightly concerned, voice.

"I've never had much time for gods and religions, least of all the human ones. So many of them seem to have some kind of problem with my kind. I hope there isn't any complex ettiquette I'll need to follow here."

18. - Top - End - #78

Lisaa

Lisaa sags down on one of the chairs. "So, here we are again. Let's see what they have for supper. But maybe I rather sleep at the home of a friend of mine. The beds in churches and monasteries have a bad repute.", she says as she lifts her smirking face.

((I really expected that the temple of Isis wouldn't be in Sapphire port but in some village nearby. ))
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-13 at 05:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk sits on the floor, looking at nothing much. "What do hyu think that door in the mountains was?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"Well, people don't generally go dropping fancy doors in the wilderness for no good reason, do they? Far as I know, locked doors are meant to keep people out, or summat else from getting out. An those 'oles an symbols, that's a riddle or a fancy lock or summat, eh? Any of you every hear stories about something valuable around 'ere?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

Sasha shakes her head as she cradles the raven, which had sat quietly upon her shoulder this entire time, in her hands as she leans against a wall. "I have never heard of any sorts of legends, besides the usual: Witches, demons, shape-shifters..." For a moment she goes eerily quiet after the last one, before continuing. "Oh, don't worry about ettiquette. After hours, churches are usually rather informal, and travelers tend to be pardonned more for bad behavior... My parents were clergy." She hurries through the last part by way of explanation, tapping the symbol of Isis that hangs from her neck.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

The hobgoblin's ears perk up as Sasha speaks, and he gets a whimsical smile on his face.

"You say witches, demons and shape-shifters to all be in the same category? But I've met some goody-two-shoes nature lovers who happen to have that particular talent. Surely not all who can change their form are evil?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk clears his throat noisily, looking decidedly uncomfortable.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

"Oh, of course there are exceptions." Sasha agrees eagerly, stroking her raven as she speaks. "But that just proves the rule. I mean, for every friendly and peaceful 'nature lover', there are two or three who would use that power to punish anyone who they see as enemies of nature." For a moment she goes silent, indecisive about wether she should continue, but she does go forth. "Besides, have you not heard the legends? Of people who are so horrible and evil, that some nights they turn into the very beasts they are inside, then run about mauling decent folk and raping virgins? Obviously there's some folklore to it, but there are some horrid things in this world."

25. - Top - End - #85

Lisaa

"Yes, shape-shifters are a part of nature ... for good or for evil. I think that a part of their bad reputation comes from fear. They are mysterious and more powerful than normal people, but they look like them and could live right amongst them. I can understand why they are feared ... and why people always expect the worst of them. However, these legends that they go on a killing spree some nights seem to be true.", says Lisaa and leans back on the chair. "I've also heard an increasing number of rumors about them in the streets. Anyway, back to that door. It was build for a reason. maybe a vault is behind it or a crypt."

She turns to Sasha. "Have you transcribed the symbols ? Maybe we could find something about them in the library."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-01-14 at 05:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

Sasha shakes her head. "I've never even seen them before, not that I know of, anyways. If they don't mind me looking through the library, I could try to find something on them, though." She lets the subject of shape-shifters drop; obviously, she was quite uncomfortable with it.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

The lean young Nord says nothing, but crosses his legs beneath himself and closes his eyes.

Vakri...are you there?
    Yes.
    They don't know, do they?
    I do not think so...But I think you should join them in their investigation for now...

Bronsk seems to be concentrating on something.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Just then, the door opens slowly, and Mia enters with a large tray. Upon it are five bowls and five spoons. The bowls are filled to the brim with hot stew. Mia unloads the bowls on the table, then walks back to the door. A young boy appears in the door and hands Mia another tray with five cups and a mug, before he bows before her and leaves. Mia smiles after him before she closes the door and begins to unload the next tray. "I'm sorry that it took such a long time. I hope you haven't waited too long." She says, placing the second cup on the table.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk remains silent for about half a minute before opening his eyes with a start.
    "Sorry! I must have drifted off!" He sniffs the air and smiles "If that iz stew I smell, then we are to be good friends indeed, Mia!"

When the others are seated, Bronsk tucks in to the stew with great enthuiasm.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

The hobgoblin politely nibbles some of the stew, but doesn't eat much. He quietly listens to the conversation drifting away from the topic of shapeshifters, although he gives Bronsk a strange look as he appears to zone out.

"I'd 'elp with the bookwork iffin I could, but my reading isn't the best. If I could get another look at those stones, I could probably make a guess at what they do. I've had more than a few opportunities to dissect traps and the like."

Turning to their hostess, Baztikk brings his yellow-skinned face into a gentle smile.

"Thank you again for the stew. Could I ask you an awful big favor? I'd like to let me boss know I won't be there in the mornin'. Could I leave a note here at the temple which someone could take to him during their normal errands? He's right in the main merchants square, it's a safe area and an easy place to find. I'd also like to bring a couple extras with us to the cave tomorrow. You don't happen to have a crowbar and a collapsible long wooden pole that I could borrow?"