New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Mia carefully follows Bronsk with her eyes, but when it becomes clear that Bronsk is mimicing what she did earlier, her face twists into confusion. She remains silent however and allows Bronsk to finish. The nectar drips onto the eye, but nothing happens. "I told you so. The eye doesn't seem to be ready for the nectar yet." She says, apparently slightly annoyed.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk sets down the cup and frowns, apparently thinking hard. "Hm. but the light comes after the eye iz opened in the riddle, yes?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

"No.
    "But when the dark night falls, and the eye close and will not see,
    the path will be gone.
    But I believe. Our strength will shine the light on our eye from our left hand,
    and the truth guides our hand from the right."

When it is dark, the eye isn't watching. And look, the eye is dark right now, and it does not see. And that means the path is gone. But something will "shine the light on our eye". Something about strength. Then, when the light shines on the eye, it might accept the nectar."
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-06-10 at 12:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"So, if the coin is the eye then we need some light ... from our left hand ? Our left hand ... hmm.", says Lisaa and muses.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-06-10 at 01:36 PM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk sits up.
    "The sword! It must be strength, and maybe..." he stands and retrieves the blade from the table, examining it closely.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

The sword doesn't send out any sort of light, although it can reflect light normally. There doesn't appear to be anything extraordinary about it though. It is as if it has lost its luster completely.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-06-10 at 01:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Strength.... that sounds like a sword all right. And truth ? Maybe thats the mirror. It shows people's ..er.... true form after all ? Maybe we have to put the nectar stuff on the sword to make it shine and the mirror reflects it to the eye ?"

Varek seems a bit confused by the riddle but he thinks about it still.

"So... what's with that staff again... lemme think... yeah, try putting some of the nectar on the sword or the staff maybe ? Maybe all the artifacts have to work together to do.. something.... like.. i dunno.. like a pack of wolves, yes ? And it is neccessary for all 5 artifacts to be together. I think."

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-06-10 at 05:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    "Maybe..." Bronsk sets down the sword and examines the staff.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

The white staff with the blue sapphire tip doesn't appear to have any remarkable features except for its otherwordly beauty, and a soft glow around the wood. The sapphire however, has no glow at all.

When she hears Varek mention how he believes each relic must work in a specific manner, Mia seems to light up.
    "Of course. The relics are all a part of the riddle. The coin is the eye, the sword is the strength and the mirror is the truth. But how do they open the eye?"

10. - Top - End - #940

"The sword in the left hand and the mirror in the right hand ...", says Lisaa. If noone objects she takes the two items. "Hmm, light ... maybe from a lantern or a torch, reflected from the mirror onto the coin. Or can one of the other artefacts create light ?"
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-06-10 at 05:51 PM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not that I know of, but I can use magic to create more focused light so we can test out the other theory."

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl raises a hand. I want to point out something. The riddle is to open a "path", correct? What if the path isn't here? What if, for example, he says with significant glances at Lisaa and Bronsk, there's a door in a mountain somewhere which is opened by this riddle? And you could be getting it right, but not realising.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk nods again. "Huh. Didn't think of that. But I think we may be making progress still. What if we reflected sunlight? Or...moonlight?" Bronsk tries to remember what phase the moon has been in recently.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

The moon was full last night, though tonight, it will have begun to fade.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Still a bit far 'til nighttime...
    "All right." he rests his hands on his hips. "Mia, let'z try the light?"

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course." Mia removes a small bead from the ribbon in her hair and holds it firmly in her left arm while moving her right hand over it while uttering strange words. Suddenly, the bead begins to glow bright like sunlight. Mia moves over to the window where Bronsk is standing and hands the bead to him. She then turns towards the two doors into the room. "We should be able to use the natural sunlight shining in from the right, so you should use this bead if we are to use the left door... hmm, but that is a problem then. The doors, they change from right to left depending on what side we are on." She sighs. "Well at worst I guess we'll just have to try twice. Anything else I should do Bronsk?"

17. - Top - End - #947

Lisaa

Lisaa steps aside to avoid that Mia sees her in the mirror. "Sounds good. However, when nothing happens here, there could still happen something with that door far away in the mountains. We should also go there with the artefacts. But we still didn't find the gem here. The evil rabbit said that she hoped to find a gem here."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-06-11 at 05:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk blinks. "Yes, she said that... but I don't know. Let us try with sunlight and moonlight, I think, before we go across country."

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek frowns "Whats with that door you keep talking about ?" and watches curiously at the proceedings.

Lycar

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia gently picks up the mirror before she turns to Varek to answer his question. "A few days ago, I was trapped by a rockslide in the mountains outside Sapphire port, you know where Sapphire port is right? It is a coastal city at the northern border of Sotonia. Anyway, in order to avoid being crushed by the rockslide, I had to take cover in a cavern. My apprentice who was with me went to the city in order to get help. It was there that she met Bronsk and Lisaa. They, along with two others came and rescued me from the cavern. Anyway, inside the cavern, there was a huge door with some strange symbols on it. Out of curiousity, we began studying it, and I found out that one of the symbols were once used by Ami. Now we're trying to figure out if we can't somehow unlock the door, and Ami is the best clue. Now... She takes the mirror with her towards the door to the right. "We agree that I should try to reflect the sunlight from here, right?"

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Huh, a door in a mountainside leading into what, a dungeoon ? Like in the stories ? Full of monsters and tresures and stuff and heroes go in there and slay the monsters and take the treasures ?"

Varek frowns and continues "Hm. Or maybe, the heroes are those who go inside a dungeon and actually get out alive again. The others are just... uh, dead."

Lycar

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young healer shakes his head ruefully. "I don't know what will be behind thiz door; only that it iz to us to open it." He nods to Mia. "Yes, let us try the light."

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

With a nod, Mia raises the mirror into the air and allows the sun to hit the polished surface. A small beam of reflected light appears on the wall in the back of the room, a little below the eye. Mia tilts the mirror a few times in order to get the light to shine onto the coin in the wall, and after a minute of careful tilting, the beam of light shines perfectly on the eye. Upon touching the eye, the light seems to be sucked in completely, as no light is reflected. However a few seconds later, the eye begins to glow slightly. As more time passes, the eye absorbs more and more light, and glows more and more, until it begins releasing short beams of light in random directions. The beams last not more than a second or so, before they fade, and nothing happens with whatever they hit.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Grinning, Bronsk leaps to his feet.
    "Great! We must be getting closer to an answer now! Perhaps the eye will see if the nectar is added while it shines?"

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl sits down on the floor to watch.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

"Perhaps. One of you should try to do that. I'll hold the mirror here to keep the light shining on the eye." Mia mutters.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The lean young nord nods and retireves the cup from the table. Dabbing the bottom once more with his finger, he touches the surface of the coin.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek just watches fascinated.

Lycar

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as the drop of nectar touches the eye, a chill spreads out from the coin. For a second, the coin looks like an angry eye, before six blue rays of cold energy springs out from the eye, each ray aimed at a different individual. The ray hits Mia, Varek and Tyrgen, but miss Bronsk, Lisaa and Karl. Those struck by the ray feel their entire body chilled down by the strange ray. The blow makes Mia's hand falter, and the light flickers away from the eye, stopping the barrage of rays.

30. - Top - End - #960

Lisaa

Lisaa nimbly avoids the ray. "Whoa, what was that ? Are you hurt ?"

Spoiler
    Show