New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Lisaa

Lisaa listens to the conversation of her companions and notices their reactions but she remains silent until Mia appears. "It's alright, Mia.
    Thank you."
    , she says and turns her chair towards the table.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia smiles and snaps her fingers over the mug. "Akirono, Deva, Nairo, Skanio, Ektifiser, Aquario." And with those words, the mug is filled with crystal clear water. She pours the water into each of the five cups then turns towards Baztikk. "Yes. I'd love to do you that favour. And though I'd love to help you with the other things, I am afraid I don't have any such tools."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"Ah well...never mind. I'm sure we can make do without them."

Taking a scrap of paper out of his backpack, Baztikk scrawls a quick message to his employer, and hands it to their host.
    Quote Originally Posted by My D&D Group
    "I roll a Knowledge(kobolds) check."
    "You have Knowledge(kobolds)? Even in D&D, you're a dork."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk handles his cup a little awkwardly.
    "I would like to know; what is it you do, Mia? Research?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha

As the others speak, Sasha listens with earnest, politely sipping the stew from her bowl. For the first time, the bird seems to really come alive; she stretches her wings, then flaps down to the table to stand besides the bowl, looking up at Sasha expectantly. The woman looks at the raven, then carefully sifts a few small pieces of vegetable onto her spoon and blows on them until cool, before offering them to the bird, who chomps on the items hungrily. "Thank you again for your hospitality, Mia." She says, nodding her head to the woman as the bird eats.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia nods happily towards Sasha as she accepts the note from Baztikk before she turns to Bronsk. "Well, I do that too. I love history and lore, so I read quite a lot of books. I do work her primarily as a Healer though. It doesn't take up much time though. Since people doesn't get ill very often, and since Iris has blessed me with magical powers from her, I rarely have to work hard to cure my patients. It does happen that I have to travel to villages with epedemics and the like, so I also get to see much of the world. When my abilities as a Healer isn't needed, I sometimes lead Sermons and Prayers. My superiors think that I have too much book knowledge and too little social knowledge, so I'm usually left alone with my studies. Oh, and I also work as a teacher for the children who are training to become priests." She suddenly shuts up and rolls her eyes. "There I go again."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk perks up a little "A Healer as well! Iz good there's little enough illness. The plants here in the South are very strange, though. I've had to relearn almost everything."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

Coming out of a reverie, the hobgoblin poses a question to the group which has been troubling him for a while.

"It seems strange that this door hasn't been seen before. It seems like the sort of thing that people would have talked about, but you said that you hadn't heard of it before. Was it visible before the rockslide?"

9. - Top - End - #99

Lisaa

Lisaa silently spoons her stew and listens to the others with half an ear.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia ponders the question. "No. Well, the cave was visible before the rockslide that trapped me happened. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to dive into it. However, and do know that I've almost never been on that particular place before, I have never seen that cave in all my days here at this church. I have never heard anyone speak about it before either, and I haven't read anything about it, but that might be because I simply weren't looking. I don't know, but I'm going to try and find out now."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

The Bronsk runs a hand through his ragged brown hair "I wonder. Sometimes the spirits of the world use gates to travel from their world to ours..."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"Spirits? You're telling me some wispy-bodied ghost made that door? No way mate, I'm betting on dwarves or summat. If they're not digging something up, then they're burying it again."

13. - Top - End - #103

Lisaa

"I don't think that Bronsk speaks of undead. But maybe something just as dark, creatures from the lower planes or something like that.", says Lisaa as she finishes her meal.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk waves a hand, suddenly animated. "No no no. The Spirits are not just gespenst and devilkin! The spirit world iz much more! All haz spirit, from the rocks to the trees, to the animals. Even the water and air! The demons and ghosts and angels are just other spirits. Less subtle, but still spirits. Not all of them are evil, and many, yes many are helpful! Hyu must only understand them first."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"Keep yer mitts on. All I'm saying is that I don't care how many spirits you've got wandering around in the rivers and lakes; that door wasn't built by dewdrops and rainbows. Someone had to chisel the rock, at least that's how I see it."

There is a pause, and the hobgoblin consider's Bronsk's point some more.

"Of course...if what ee says is right about there being all sorts o' spirit-likes...then I s'pose we can't rule it out. In any case, only way we'll ever know is to get our hands dirty tomorrow."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia finishes her meal, then stands up. "It is getting late. If you wish, I can show you to your rooms."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk shakes his head at the hobgoblin before rising from his seat as well.
    "Thank hyu. I could use the rest."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

Following Bronsk's lead, Baztikk also thanks his hostess for the meal and then gets up to follow them to the rooms. As they stand, he goes over and talks to Bronsk queitly.

"I 'ope I didn't say nothin to offend you. Didn't mean to speak 'gainst your beliefs, but I was just saying I'd ne'er seen anything like what you were saying. So no 'ard feelings, right?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk looks at the hobgoblin with an appraising look in his eye.
    There's more to this one than others of his kind...
    Finally, he speaks.
    "I offer a trade; if hyu listen with an open ear, I will not threaten you with tools again. Deal?" He offers his hand, with a half-smile.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

A smile comes to the hobgoblin's face.

.oO(At least he's got a sense of humor. And he doesn't seem as hostile to me as others often are.)

Shaking Bronsk's hand with his own yellow-skinned hand, the hobgoblin feels relieved.

"It's a deal. When we're out there tomorrow we'll all 'ave summat to contribute. I won't be standing in anyone's way. Besides...if there is some kind o' spirit 'anging round that door, it'd be nice to 'ave someone nearby who knows 'bout that sort of thing."

21. - Top - End - #111

Lisaa

Lisaa follows Mia to the rooms and watches the scene between Baztikk and Bronsk. "Thanks, Mia. And good night to you all.", she says and enters her room.

((You spake of rooms. How many are there ? One for the men and one for the women or single rooms ?))

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sasha smiles widely at the men as they shake hands. "See, now, I've seen men tear apart one another for less. Good for you two." She nods to the men, then to Mia, before heading into her room as well.

((Ditto on the room question.))

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

With a smile, Mia guides her guests to their rooms. The boys get one room, and the girls get one. "Have a good night then. I will see you tomorrow."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

"Oh Mia, would it be alright for me to have a look through the library if I wake up early? I'd be interested in reading up on any local legends about that door."

After she answers, and they've entered the room, Baztikk sits down on his bed and looks around at the sparse but comfortable accomodations. He says goodnight to Bronsk and lays down to sleep for a couple of hours. When he awakes again, he pads silently out of the room and goes downstairs to the library in order to look through the books. He examines the shelves, hoping to find some books on local legends and myths, and reads as many as he can, hoping to find a lead on the origins of the door. He remains there, quietly reading, until everyone wakes up.

((OOC: Ring of Sustenance means that I only need two hours of sleep. I move silently through the house, but only to avoid rudely waking people up. I also don't light any candles, I read using my darkvision. Also, the only weapon I bring is the dagger I keep permanently strapped and hidden on my back (Search DC 30).))

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

In the relative privacy of the shared room, the lean young Nord sits cross-legged in a corner, and reaches for one of the pouches on his oddly-bulky belt, drawing out a smooth placard of bone, etched on one side. Bronsk gazes at it for some time, and then replaces it in his pouch. He closes his eyes and begins his meditative trance.

Spoiler
    Show

Wild Wolf, Spirit's Heart. Guide my footsteps, heed my call.
    The gleaming aurora curtains the winter sky above the limitless black plain, as it always does. Two misty yellow lamps of light appear out of darkness and approach. A great wolf, its coat tasselled silver and its eyes yellow furnaces, pads closer.
    Spirit Sender, I have come. What is your need?
    I seek the power and the blessing of the spirits. Lend me your strength in the day to come.
    A moment of silence falls across the endless black landscape, the sky shimmering overhead. Finally, Vakri seats himself.
    Hmm. An interesting day, Bronsk.
    Yes. New friends, I guess. There's that doorway too; is it of the spirits?
    I am unsure. But I sense that it is important, somehow. There may be some trouble in store, as well. I shall bring you spirit powers.
    The silver wolf fades away, and for a minute or so silence once again dominates the fey landscape. Finally, Varki reappears, carrying five shining orbs in his mouth. He places them carefully on the ground.
    To end, to heal, to save, to find, to quench. They may help, but stay alert.
    Thank you, Vakri.
    The wolf fades away, but the orbs remain for a lingering moment, pulsing brightly and then fading. The lights overhead pulse as well, and eventually fade away into perfect black.

Bronsk's breathing deepens, and begins snoring slightly.

OOC: Bronsk will sleep like a LOG until morning, and someone wakes him up.

26. - Top - End - #116

Lisaa

Lisaa sits down on her bed and takes off her belt, chain shirt, and boots. Then she crawls under her blanket and softly hums some melody.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Baztikk

As morning breaks, Baztikk quietly sneaks back into the room. He begins quietly packing up his bag, and once the day has begun, wakes Bronsk.

"Bronsk, it's time to wake. Let's go and rejoin the others."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

In the morning hours, Mia enters Lisaa and Sasha's room and gently wakes them up. "Miss Lisaa, Miss Sasha. It is time to wake up. Please get dressed and come to my room. I believe me and Baztikk has found a clue to the door."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

"Wstgfl?" With a grunt, a bleary-eyed Bronsk stands up and stretches. "Ergh. All right. Let'z go."

30. - Top - End - #120

Lisaa

"Good Morning." Lisaa jumps out of the bed and refreshes herself. Then she dresses and mutters "I hope there is also breakfast in her room."

((I suppose that Mia left the room after waking us up))

Spoiler
    Show