New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1381
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Karl nods. Yes, that would make sense. This could be a trap for anyone who might be looking for treasure.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The hybrid nods
    "I see! It iz like how you assign the relics says who hyu are! And Ami then tells hyu what hyu are!"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek ponders a bit. "So... i'm wondering... what if the coin is actually corruption ? I mean, maybe i'm just a bit biased here but when people do really bad things it's usually for money. I mean, don't get me wrong, i've done quite a few bad things in my life too. But then it was about staying alive. Not just, you know, getting some stuff i could as well do without. And the sword could be sacrifice. 'cause, if you pick up the sword and fight on behalf of those who can't fight for themselves... i mean, you practically put your life on the line for others. That's a sacrifice, don't you think ?"

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes of course! Why didn't I think of that." Mia bursts out. "And I think you might be onto something Varek. Ami seems to have gotten a lot of inspiration from the church of Iris. And that would mean that the sword can fit to the riddle of sacrifice, and the coin could be corruption. Still, that leaves three relics for us to place."

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"That's good Varek. But the mirror still makes sense as 'two faces, two places' - and the cup as 'charity' - and the staff as 'guide'. But all of them could have less obviuos meaning for Amy and the Nijizuishou.", says Lisaa.

"Still, we can't be sure now if the crown is really a trap or deception."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

"No... we can't. Unless..." Mia snaps her fingers. "Of course. I could try to dispel the magic in it. If it is a trap, the dispelling should disarm the trap, and if it isn't, the magic will only leave the item temporarily. What do you say? Should I try it?"
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-08-26 at 01:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1177

Lisaa

"Yes, that sounds safe."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay. Clear away from it then." Mia puts her hands together and chants a short charm, before sending a wave of dispelling magic into the crown. The crown flashes, and the illusion surrounding the crown melts away, revealing it to be made entirely of ice. The crown then bursts into harmless snow.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-08-27 at 05:48 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

Well then, says Karl, rolling up the sleeves of his robe. We'll put the coin as corruption, the sword as sacrifice, the staff as the guide, the cup as charity, and the mirror as the two faces. Is that okay by everyone?

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nodding, Varek says "Sounds about right to me. Maybe the staff is like a walking stick and if you travel a lot, the staff gets to see places too. And if its a family heirloom, it could see many lifetimes worth of travel too. Let's give it a try. Huh, a crown made of ice. Guess she could be pretty cold to people she didn't like.... get it ? Ice ? Cold ? Hehe... uhm. I'll shut up now."

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-08-27 at 12:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The hybrid nods its approval. Noneless, it looks pensively at the walls.

12. - Top - End - #1182

Lisaa

The elf nods. "Alright, let's try this combination."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl nods, and gingerly moves the relics around to the agreed-on combination. As soon as the last one's in place, he jumps back.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

As the final relic reaches its position, the walls once more begin to glow blue. But this time, the beams of light do not flow out from the walls. Instead, the light seems to cascade down the walls alone, and eventually reveal that the walls have all vanished. Where the walls stood, five statues have now taken their place. Each statue is made of ice, water and snow.

The first statue is that of a beautiful female. She is wearing a cloak of water that cascades into a river at her feet. In her left hand she is holding the mirror, and in the right hand, she is holding a scroll. Her face looks calm and collected, and she emits an aura of confidence, purity and authority.

The second statue is that of another female. She looks rugged and firm, but with a face that shines with the confidence and kindness found in a Paladin. She is wearing a breastplate of ice and is wielding the sword in her right hand. She too strides forward, sword in hand.

The third statue is that of a younger female. She has long flowing hair, and a short dress made of snow. She seems young, energetic and hopeful. She is holding the cup with both hands, and a steady stream of water pours out of it as she too walks towards the centre.

The fourth statue is more sinister. His has a pair of bat wings growing from his back, a pointed tail and a pair of horns on his forehead and holds the coin as a third eye on his forehead. He wears no clothes and appears to be physically strong. His steps are filled with power and pride.

The fifth statue is that of an old man. He has a long white beard of snow, and wears a cloak of ice. He wields the staff firmly in his left hand. He doesn't walk, but hovers towards the centre of the room.

As the statue reach the centre of the room, each hold his or her relic out above the pedestal. Light shines out as the five relics create a portal in the centre of the room, leading deeper into this watery realm. Once the portal is finished, the five statues melt away, leaving only the relics behind. Before any of you can react however, the relics float up and through the portal, vanishing through the surface into the area beyond.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, says Karl after a shocked pause, I'm guessing that was the right combination.

16. - Top - End - #1186

Lisaa

Lisaa watches the statues fascinated and a bit frightened. After they melted away and the relics are sucked though the new portal, she turns to the others. "I guess you guess right, Karl. And here is a new portal. Shall we go ?" The elf seems very excited and eager to go.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-08-27 at 04:25 PM. Reason: mispelling

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess so, says Karl slowly. But where does it go?

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk bobs his head.
    "I am sure we are making forward!" He glances from side to side, sheepishly.
    "But...I want to face whatever is next in as a man...if hyu would wait?"
    He vaults up the spiraling staircase and then returns a minute or two later, beaming as his shaggy brown hair floats etherially about his head in the strange well.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"So the coin was corruption after all.." Varek mumbles to himself as he watches the show with awe. Still, he can't help but wonder "So if the women are Ami and... compatriots ? Then whats with the winged guy ? And the old man ? And yeah, let's definitly go there. I mean, really, we've gone so far, why quit now ?"

Lycar

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl nods. Yes, I think they were Ami and her companions. Anyway, let's go. He pauses. Um... I'll protect the rear.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

"Perhaps. Still... I suppose I should go first then." Without giving anyone a chance to object, she enters the portal. The rest of you follow her through it, and find yourself in a very different location. Unlike the previous location, there is air around your body, and you are standing on a marbled archway. The archway seems to float in a large blue lake, with seemingly no end. Gazing in the horison, it is difficult to discern where the blue lake becomes blue sky. Fountains float beside the archway, all the way to a pair of stairs in the end. The stairs lead up to an island of white stone, floating in midair. On top of the island, the relics are floating in a circle around another statue. This statue is of a humanoid female with her eyes closed. She is just like a human female in almost all ways, except that she has a true third eye on her forehead. She is unclothed, but a long wide bluish ribbon still covers most of her skin. The ribbon, and statue, float gently in midair.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, says Karl slowly, this is extremely weird. I guess we walkover to that island, then?

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The Miklagaardian healer gapes at the scenery all around as he follows Karl.
    "Jyupkol! Amazing!"

Vakri, what kind of world is this?

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek gives Karl a sideways glance ".. the winged guy too ? You sure ? Looks like a bad guy to me...."

Looking around, he takes in these new, strange surroundings. But with all the weirdness he had to cope with within just the last hour alone, he seems to become slightly jaded towards encountering strange magics.

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-08-28 at 06:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1195

Lisaa

Lisa stares at the new location in wonder. "Don't judge a book by its cover ... even though he did hold the coin of corruption", she says to Lycar.

"Come on. Let's go to that island."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek ponders Lisaa's words for a moment.

"Can a bad guy be corrupted into doing good ? I mean, if it works one way, why not the other ?"

Lycar

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl nods at Varek's point, as they walk across the road. You could pay a selfish mercenary to do something good. But it's more likely that he was a tiefling or something, judging from his appearance, trying to do good, but constantly corrupted by his evil heritage.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia seems to be completely enamoured with the beautiful surroundings and doesn't say a word, but instead follows silently towards the floating island, taking in the sights. Upon arrival on the floating island, the statue seems to awaken. Her eyes open and a gentle smile spreads across her face. "Welcome." She calls out with a voice resembling a heavenly choir. "You have done well to come so far. Now I will answer your questions. Each of you may ask me one question."

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone with ranks in spellcraft, knowledge: Arcane or knowledge: Religion can make a check. In addition, Bronsk may make a knowledge: Nature check (spirits), and Lisaa can make a knowledge: Local check (elven lore). You need at least one rank to get anything useful from these checks though.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-08-29 at 10:05 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Marking the statue's words, Bronsk furrows his brow in thought. It was a familiar situation, and the question of what to ask was something he'd devoted some time to.
    "Where can we learn more about the people represented by the statues?"

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

The statue stares a long time at Bronsk, before she finally answers. "That is not the question you wish to ask. The statues are not who you think they are."