New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1381
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Oh, these are friends of ours, says Karl dismissively. Anyway, we've bought back the artefacts for you, he says holding up the coin.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Oh and i brought the cup !"" Varek says, holding the cup for Nina to take, smiling broadly. "Didn't find out how to make it make nectar though... pity.."

He pauses a bit and then adds "You probably don't remeber me... i was here a few years ago with a bunch of other kids. I'm Varek."

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-09-14 at 12:37 PM.
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, thankee." Nina answers as she accepts the relics. "Grandpa'll be pretty glad. And yeh, now I remember." She smiles at Varek. "Ye're that orphan boy from that gang... dinnae remember the name, but I remember ye. Can't ferget a cute face like yours can I?"

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek blushes a bit and smiles back "Thanks, likewise. It's nice to see you again and... . It was really nice of your grandfather to let us in without pay. And yeah well, uhm..." he shoots a quick glance at the others. "Too bad we're kinda in the middle of somehting right now. Maybe we can talk a bit, later ?"

Lycar

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, sure. We c'n talk while the rest speak with granpa." She says, smiling back, before she turns to the others. "I s'pose ye want ta go an speak ta granpa? Or did ye just come ta deliver tha relics?"

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl turns to the others. Do you think he might understand the references to the locations of the other keys? I assume as the curator of a museam about Ami, he would know where she travelled to in her life, which could help.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"Yes, we want to talk with your grandfather about the relics and the stories of Michelle Ami.", says Lisaa to Nina. Turning to Karl, she says "Yes, he should know about her travels. I hope that he can help us with some of the locations.""
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah. K. C'me here then." Nina leads the group up to the room where the curator is resting. She gently knocks on the door, and then opens it. "Hey, granpa? There's someone here who wants ta speak with ye."

The curator is lying on his bed. His face is slightly pale, but he seems to be in good shape otherwise. Upon noticing his granddaughter's entry, he sits up in the bed. "Oh Nina... did you not tell them that I am not feeling very well today?" He answers weakly.

"Well... but ye see, these guys are those who saved yer life and recovered tha relics of o' the thief. So..."

The old man smiles. "I understand dear. And I think I can at least speak with them if it is that important. Please allow them to enter."

Nina nods to her grandfather, before she turns to the group and beckons for them to enter.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl steps in, and gives the man a small wave. Hello, sir, how are you feeling?

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Varek just stays outside fot the time being. He still doesn't quite feel like he belongs to the others. Although the fact that he too had been choosen to answer a riddle made him think. And why was Mia choosen instead of Tyrgen ? After all....

Still, so many questions. Maybe Nina can answer a few of them. So he bides his time, waiting for his chance to talk to Nina.

Lycar

11. - Top - End - #1271

Lisaa

"Hello.", says Lisaa with a smile. "We don't want to disturb you if you don't feel well. But we have the relics here."
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think I will be waiting downstairs." Mia says as Lisaa, Karl and Bronsk enters the room. Nina nods and closes the door, leaving the three oldest werewolves alone with the curator. He nods towards Karl. "I am feeling rather well, thank you for asking." He then turns to Lisaa with a smile. "And I thank you for returning the relics to me. They are very important to me. So how may I help you in return?"
    Last edited by Maryring; 2007-09-19 at 04:53 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl scratches the back of his neck. Well, we were at an old house of Ami's, in the woods, maybe you know about it? And we found some interesting information, but rather cryptic. The locations of something, but couched in riddles. We were thinking that you might know where Ami went in her life, where she might have put things, since as a curator of a Museam about her, I thought you probably know quite a bit about her.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

"Where Ami went?" The curator glances curiously at Karl. "That is certainly an odd question. Still, I will be glad to answer it. I know for certain that Ami visited both the nation of Miklagard and the nation of Nephreitos. She may have visited other locations as well. In fact, I am certain that she has visited the forest of the elves, I believe you may know about that miss," He nods towards Lisaa. "Seeing as the elfen race, a race I believe you have blood from, ages far slower than the human race. I am sure there must be someone who remember her if she did indeed visit that forest. I do not know if she has visited the swamps to the south, or any other foreign or exotic location." He suddenly coughs. "Oh, excuse me." He says as the coughing subsides. "May I ask you why you take such an interest in where she has been?"

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl thinks back to the words the statue said. We found some riddles, pointing to the locations of some historical artifacts or something. "One is in the northern cold. One in the mountains of might. One in the deserts of scorching sand. One in the deep green forest. One in a home in the land of fields. One in the swamps of brutality. The final held in the deepest of darkness, where the darkness of death sleeps." Does this mean anything to you? I guess the northern cold is Nephreitos, the forest is where she met the Elves and so on, but these are big places. I was hoping you might know exact locations she went to?

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk chips in "And the Mountains of Might...these would be the Kraftskragg of my homeland, no doubt. Not a hospital place!"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am afraid not. Ami did not leave behind a detailed description of her travels, so more detailed locations would be a guess. Unfortunately, I was never any good at geography. I can't remember last time I travelled outside this city of mine. Now my son and his wife, they were different. They might have been able to help you."

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl pauses, then replies, delicately, You speak of them in the past tense?

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk shifts awkwardly from foot to foot, looking around the room.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah yes. I'm afraid they are both dead." He sighs and looks down. "I'm sorry, I would rather not speak about it."

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk nods slowly and, in a business-like fashion, examines the curator to make sure that he's making a smooth recovery, checking his pulse and so forth with practiced care.

22. - Top - End - #1282

Lisaa

"I didn't know before that Michelle Ami visited the elven forests. But as you say, there must be members of my race who know about it. Those who are more wise and better versed in historical events than me."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl frowns. Do you know anyone else who might be able to help us, any other scholars of Ami? he asks.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk looks up from his ministrations.
    "We could search once more the archives in the temple of Isis..."

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

The curator should make a smooth recovery. The assault took quite a toll on his old body, but he seems to handle it surprisingly well. Upon hearing Lisaa mentioning "my race" he turns to her curiously. "Excuse me, did you say your race? Are you one of the elves?"

26. - Top - End - #1286

Lisaa

Lisaa tucks some of her black hair behind her pointed left ear. "Why, of course. I am an elf.", she says.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

"Amazing..." The old man utters slowly, before he regains his composure. "Oh, please forgive me. I was merely surprised at seeing an elf. In all my years I have never seen one with my very own eyes."

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl coughs, loudly. Uh-hum, about my question? Do you know if there's anyone else who might know about these places?

29. - Top - End - #1289

Lisaa

"Never before in all the years of your life ? Well, few of us ever leave the great forest. The significance that you put on my presence is an honour for me.", says Lisaa with a smile
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-09-25 at 05:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

The old man seems to blush. "You did? I apologize then. Unfortunately, I do not know of anyone else that have studied Michelle Ami as intensively as I have. I am sorry." He seems to fall into deep thought, as if he suddenly remembers something, and doesn't want to let go of it. "The clergy might know something though. In addition to being spiritual leaders and advisors, they are also keepers of our history. I unfortunately know of no one else that may be of assistance."