New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Silver Stars of the Eclipsing Moon

Bronsk
    The young man takes Nina's hand with a slight grin. "My name iz Bronsk. I guess you could say we're interested learning about Ami. Do hyu know much about the Ninjinzuishou?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Nijizuishou eh? Well, ya woulda thought it, considering I should be a descendant of two of em an all. Unfortunately, there ain't much to know 'bout them. Almost as if some kind o' magic is preventing ya from learning 'bout them. Ah well. I'll tell ya what I know. Them Ninjizuishou people was some kind o' ragtag band of heroes and heroines. And what a ragtag team it was. The leader was a human, the rest of the group, something else entirely. Dunno completely 'bout all of them, but one o' em was apparently a Minotaur. Ne'way, they were supposedly involved in some kind of big mumbojumbo. Some keys or summat, that they had to keep hidden. Apparently, those keys hide the tool to prevent a cataclysm. Apparently one o' em still lives. The most powerful o' em all. Those keys had unique elements, ye see. Ami's were water. That Minotaur had the Spirit as his element. An they all hid this secret that had summat to do with them werecritters. I dunno anything else. I mean, I could probably remember eventually, but I dunno remember anything else right now."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The shaggy-haired youth nods, scratching his stubbled chin absently.
    "Erm. If I may ask...From which two are hyu descended? Ah, nevermind." Bronsk reddens and waves a hand quickly. "Nevermind. I was wondering about these artifacts...Can a scholar get access to them? To study briefly?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

"Study them? Yeah, s'pose so. Ye hafta speak to grandpa 'bout that though. Ye won't be able to borrow em for some time though, since grandpa's needs em the day after tomorrow, or so he says. I'm sure he'll let ya study em after that."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk smiles "Wonderful! Erm. What happens the day after tomorrow?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

"I dunno. Ye hafta ask grandpa, though I dun think he will tell ya. He dinnae want to tell me after all. Why are ye curious 'bout em anyway?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The tall Nord thinks for a moment, possible responses flitting through his head
    well, I had a vision of an angel while I was alone in the woods, and she told me...
    I'm interested because Ami was a werewolf, and so am I, incidentally, and she...
    I'm trying to open a hidden door in a mountain that's heavily sealed. No, I have no idea what's behind it, but I have this feeling I ought to open it...

"Um...because I am interested in knowing more about Ami?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

"Heh. Good answer." She smiles. "Well, if ya need any more help, just ask."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    "Right." With a half-bow, Bronsk turns and proceeds back downstairs, a thoughtful expression on his face. He glances at the other visitor to the museum, and shrugs to himself.
    looks like he'd be more comfortable in an arena than a museum.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronsk sees the young man walk out the front door quickly. He flashes a nervous glance at Bronsk.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young healer glances towards Lisaa. "What was with him?"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lisaa

"A curious fellow. I think he also glanced into the mirror ... and was disturbed by what he saw. I wonder ... hmm, I'm beginning to see werewolves everywhere." Lisaa looks to the door. "Should we follow that guy or should we ask grandpa ?"
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-03-04 at 06:22 PM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young healer hesitates for a moment.
    "Hyu should follow, maybe. I'll talk to the curator."

14. - Top - End - #254

Lisaa

"Hmm, I rather stay with you. I don't know this city and we could lose each other here. And I realy don't know what to tell this guy if he asks me why I follow him."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-03-04 at 06:29 PM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    He sighs. "Hyu are right, of course. Now, these artifacts;" Bronsk glances from side to side, conspiratorially. "The mirror is magical enough. The others as well, yes. I think we should talk to Mia. She should be able to request the coin at least to study." He nods to himself, brushing his shaggy brown hair out of his eyes. "What else?"

16. - Top - End - #256

Lisaa

The elf nods. "Yes, I hope tha Mia can help us here. Do you still want to talk to grandpa ? We could also try to find this young stranger. He could still be nearby."
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-03-05 at 05:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young Miklaagardian seems uneasy with the idea, but he nods slowly.
    "Maybe hyu are right. We can come back later, and I am curious about this man."
    So saying, Bronsk walks from the museum and glances either way down the street.

18. - Top - End - #258

Lisaa

Lisaa darts out of the museum and looks out for the man. "Do you think he could be one of us ? Mia talked a lot about events being interrelated and so on. Maybe some power draws us together ... or to places important to us or Michelle Ami ..."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, they see that the streets are completely deserted, which both can't help but feel is a bit odd. Suddenly, they both hear a seemingly distant voice shout something. At first, both fail to comprehend what the voice is calling, but the second time, Lisaa hears that it is the voice of a girl, calling for help. She locates the sound to come from quite some way further down the street, probably in one of the alleys closer to the darker portion of the city.

20. - Top - End - #260

Lisaa

"There ! Someone needs our help !", she shouts and runs down the street to the entrance of the alley.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2007-03-05 at 06:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    Bronsk is hot on her heels, his hand already darting to the pouch on his oddly-bulky belt which holds a roll of bandages and tools central to the healer's trade.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

The two of them dash towards the alley where they heard the sound from. When they arrive, they find noone there, except two men standing on the opposite side of the alley. Lisaa identifies one of them as the man from the museum.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

The young man looks around, he seems to be... sniffing.
    Where did that sound come from?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Among all the usual scents in the city, Karl also detects a peculiar scent he cannot remember. The smell is barely noticeable though, since it is mixed with the stench from a nearby sewer entrance.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen
    Over here. Some... reptile went down this way.

Having glanced at the others and seen no immediate threat, Tyrgen is moving quickly to look at a nearby sewer grate.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Bronsk
    The young man skids to a halt near the two new men, a roll of white gauze in his hand and a concerned look on his face.
    "We heard the cry. What's happening? Who needs help?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen finds the entrance into the sewers. Unfortunately, whatever moved down there was quick. He can't see any trace of it in the darkness. Only hear the sound of steps rapidly disappearing.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know what's going on, I just heard a scream.
    He runs over to the sewer opening, next to the other man, and looks in at the darkness. The attacker must have gone through here, but it's too dark... wait a moment.
    The young man stretches out his arms, holding his dagger above his head and chants. A pale light bursts from the dagger, illuminating the night. With this, we can follow and rescue the victim.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Tyrgen

Someone may still need help... Felis would have left them, but my father would not.

The second stranger takes two steps into the dark sewer entrance, then stops. You see a glaive and a bow hanging from two straps across his back before he turns and looks at you with wary, yellow-green eyes, saying to the other two:

Get out of here.

EDIT: dropped redundant request for light (synch-posting)
    Last edited by paddyfool; 2007-03-06 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Edited for synch-posting

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

What? The young man looks at you with shocked suspicion. You're going to pay us to leave? Why? Maybe you're part of a group that kidnapped some innocent woman? His eyes grow wide and he glances worriedly at the other two.