New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default (IC) London by Night (V:tR, Middle Ages)

A week ago, you awoke to find a note from Prince Richard, informing you that a Formal Court will be held tonight. The note also says that he wants to meet with all of you (as a group) during the Court.

The Court is being held at a warehouse on the docks. When you arrive, Sir Nicholas is standing guard over a door; Helga and Hunter are leaning against a wall, talking; Scab is sitting in a corner; Hephestus is standing by himself in the middle of the room, just looking around; and The Dockmaster is chasing after his ghoul and the blood-bound dockworkers (who are carrying trays of lacrama).

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there anything that anyone wants to do before you meet with the Prince? I just want to ask before I start the plot rolling.

Edit: Forgot to include this before. The note from the Prince stated that for tonight, the warehouse is an Elysium.
    Last edited by Kesnit; 2013-10-22 at 08:31 PM.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Proud member of the "I Love Anyway" Club

Thank you, Ceika, so much for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) London by Night (V:tR, Middle Ages)

Anjelo lays his sword at Sir Nicholas's feet. He then glides over to the center of the room to strike up a conversation with Hephestus, chatting idly before the rest of the group arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Catherine drifts in, the Gangrel wrapped in a tatty cloak clasped at her neck. Her clothes are those of a peasent, but she carries herself with a great deal of pride regardless.

She nods to Helga as she approaches the other Gangrel, eyes considering. "Quite the mix of us here sister. Anyone else still to arrive, or..?" She gestures, indicating the room.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Elliot surveys the dockside with a mix of disgust and despair, he had hoped his long journey across the land and over the sea would have yielded a more promising return than this. England had proved to be a miserable island lacking the misty peaks and lush forrests of his homeland. He yearned for his homeland but if the price for unlife was exile then he would grudgingly accept it, for now anyways. Elliot walked towards the location described in the letter, head held high in his decadent garb. The luxuriant clothing was only there to distract the eye from his chainmail and somewhat to draw attention from the massive blade straped to his back. As he approached the warder of the court enterance, a former templar by rumor, Elliot bowed and gave the sign of the cross as gesture of respect.

Unstrapping the massive Zweihander from his back he looks at the knight "Go with God ser knight." His thick accent was harsh in his ears, he made a mental note to work on that as he layed the fine German blade against the wall. Once the formalities were done Elliot entered into the court to see what the Prince wanted.
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

A little while after everyone has arrived, Sir Nicholas turns and opens the door. A moment later, he closes it, then approaches each of you and says the Prince wishes to see you before the Formal Court begins. He points to the door he was guarding.

When you enter, you find the Prince sitting behind a desk. His ghoul is standing behind him, pointing to something on the desk. As you approach, you can see the "something" is a ledger of some kind. They talk for a moment, then the ghoul bows and takes a position behind the Prince's chair.

The Prince leans back in his chair and looks over each of you. "I told you that I would have a job for you if you wished to stay in the city. The time has come for me to call for that job. I own a tavern in the" he names a district of the city that you know is a VERY poor area "called The Bee's Knees. Until recently, it has had steady business. About a month ago, however, business started dropping off. It was gradual, but at this point, business is almost non-existant. I had George," he points to his ghoul, "asking around, and it seems all the taverns have been losing business, except for The Pig's Lips. That one is doing a massive business. I want you to find out why, and fix things so business returns to normal. Any questions?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If you are having a conversation with an NPC, assume the conversation ended before Sir Nicholas approached you. I will continue the ongoing conversations by PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Anjelo nods. "No question, m'lord. I'll go there tonight."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Elliot listens patiently to the royal while mentally making nots "My liege, who owns the establishment in question, it would be good to know what local politics we are walking into before nosing around. Are they any people... or even hunters we should be aware of before we leave, I wish to make this task as simple as possible if I can."
    Blarg...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah yes, of course... The Pig's Lips is owned by Tomas Wood and his wife, Dancie. As I understand it, the tavern was her father's, and was given to Tomas when they married. I spend as little time there as possible, but George tells me the area is as safe as a kine area can be. I can tell you that no Kindred claim that part of the city as territory."